Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E07: Forensic Queens

• Start Topic

(edited)

This week, the queens are tasked with finding out what happened to the missing 68 hours of footage from the first half of Season 15!

Later, RuPaul stages an emergency intervention as she realizes that AS8 is turning into Season 10 of Project Runway. Will Andrea finally  RETURN?

Next week: all the remaining queens quit, and TKB is crowned the winner!

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1

Kandy, flat in challenge, played herself as usual; Kandy, same old hideous silhouette in runway, seemingly unrelated to the brief... Is she in the bottom two? No! Is she bottom 3? No! She is announced as "safe" along with the other top queens, Jimbo and Jessica Wild.

Kahanna, on the basis of that performance, should really not have been in the bottom two, but they've been trying to get rid of her for weeks, so it is a relief to have her finally go.

This season is really tiring to watch. Glad LaLa Ri finally got a win. And good to see Jimbo offer some comfort to Alexis and also some kind and helpful advice to Kahanna. Less good to see those enormo-boobs...

• Like 15

That just might have been the most tedious challenge I've ever seen on this show. That sounds hyperbolic, but believe me I mean it.

At one point, LaLa did provoke a half-smile, so if anyone should get the win, then I guess it feels right to be her.

The most refreshing part of the episode though? Kandy was not universally worshipped.

• Like 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Starchild said:

That just might have been the most tedious challenge I've ever seen on this show. That sounds hyperbolic, but believe me I mean it.

Worse episodes: S10 "Breastworld" was atrocious. S13 "Henny, I Shrank the Drag Queens" was disastrous. And AS4 "Sex and the Kitty Girl" was unwatchable. But yes -- this was pretty bad, but at least we didn't have to sit through rehearsals.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 2

As much as I like lil pound cake, this episode was boring as hell. Kandy bullied herself into the role she wanted than just played herself. Even the runway was boring. I’m tired of Jimbo and the gigantic breast’s too. La La Ri was a tiny bright spot but barely. 

• Like 5

There needs to be an official coin/die to toss instead of a bitchfest every time two queens want the same part.  Kandy is trash; and what the fuck, Kandy was clearly bottom 2, her character was paper thin and all over the place while Kahanna was a lot of fun in the challenge!  Clearly they didn't want to go with the obvious story of the episode and put Alexis and Kandy in the bottom since (gasp!) that might lead (oh no! not the producers favorite!!!) to Kandy being eliminated.  LaLa Ri had a lot of fun with her part and definitely deserved the win, but this was just sad.  Couldn't they have had Alaska dress up as Lil Pound Cake or something to make it more...anything?  I did laugh at "she was sentenced to an hour and forty-five minutes of community service." 

It seems the editors are over the fame game too, since they are not even showing the full runway walks anymore; though it gives Darienne plausible deniability for why the hell there wasn't a reveal under that lame faux fur.  I guess Jaymes's wasn't bad, for the whole second it was on-screen. 

• Like 5

This show is such bullshit. It's not even close to believable.

Kandy -just get off my screen.

Jimbo-get rid of the boobs.

Kahana-try to be more than a showgirl.

Alexis-stop crying.

To be honest I thought Kandy and Jimbo should have been at the bottom.

• Like 5

According to the tea, this was the second week Kandy and Alexis wanted the same part.  Last week, Alexis bowed out so Jessica and Kandy could haggle over it.  I don't understand why Alexis and Kandy didn't audition for it like they did last week to select parts.  Kandy comes off as so .... arrogant. 😉  Speaking of which, her Miss Arrogant look was really bad-- and had nothing to do with the title.  

I'm gobsmacked over the workroom drama and Mama Ru having to gather her dollies.  At least Kahanna pulled it together and delivered a good performance and runway.  I agree she shouldn't have been in the bottom this episode, but her track record probably sent her home.

• Like 9
1 hour ago, Starchild said:

I forgot to mention, anyone else think Jorgeous held back? I remember her being a lot more iconic than what she showed us this time.

Production's hand is laying heavy on this episode -- I'd bet she was told to rein it in so Lala would win.  Plus the song choice was all Lala.

• Like 7
On 6/18/2023 at 6:57 AM, Starchild said:

I forgot to mention, anyone else think Jorgeous held back? I remember her being a lot more iconic than what she showed us this time.

I seem to recall her face was always pretty dead, so I don't think she held back. That strand of hair glued to her lipgloss all through was offputting.

• Like 1

This episode was emotionally exhausting somehow and I'm not invested enough to have emotions about this season, so I'm not sure how they managed that.

RuPaul doing the "if you think you can throw a big fit, I will throw the biggest fit of all" thing was mildly amusing, though. I wonder if he would just decide to pull a whole season to spite them if they kept trying to quit.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, belligerent said:

RuPaul doing the "if you think you can throw a big fit, I will throw the biggest fit of all" thing was mildly amusing, though. I wonder if he would just decide to pull a whole season to spite them if they kept trying to quit.

No, he would double the length of the season to milk the ratings from the drama.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
17 hours ago, violet and green said:

I seem to recall her face was always pretty dead, so I don't think she held back. That strand of hair glued to her lipgloss all through was offputting.

I wonder why she didn't use that wig that she pulled out in her scene in Untucked?  I like how they introduce the LipSync Assassins in Untucked, but they often display something that they don't end up using...

Lil Pound Cake has a piece of my heart, I love that lil bitch. I'm glad LaLa got the win, I do like her & hope this win (even tho it was truly a bad challenge) gives her more confidence. 

I thought Jessica did quite well in the challenge, the soft taco comment & EBT card comments were hilarious. Jimbo's finger made me feel itchy but as usual she delivered. 

Ru's come to Ru meeting made me roll my eyes. I like Kahanna but where was the come to Ru moment for Heidi?? 

The less said about the anchor dragging this season down, the better. Why should she bother changing it up if she knows she's cruising to the finale? 

• Like 5
10 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

I thought Jessica did quite well in the challenge, the soft taco comment & EBT card comments were hilarious.

It was really great . 

10 hours ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

The less said about the anchor dragging this season down, the better. Why should she bother changing it up if she knows she's cruising to the finale? 

Exactly.

Share most of your views on this episode - very weak sauce.

Ru had to come and prevent Kahanna from quitting this week because there were pre-determined number of roles for this (terrible) acting challenge and they couldn't afford to lose someone this week. I do wish she had done the same for Heidi. 

• Like 3
(edited)

Oh, what a scene that must have been: The poor production member who had to tell RuPaul that yet another queen was quitting and one more was crying and possibly on the edge. Ru probably threw down her lobster salad, turned to a shoeless minion for a wet wipe, stormed off, commandeered some unwitting p.a.'s golf cart, drove enraged to the set ready to tear the girls a new one. Michelle might have run after her imploring "Be sweet, Ru. They're fragile." Ru responded "Ain't nobody got time for fragile". Then as Ru passed an electric vehicle, she thought about the oil derricks on her land and how soon they'd stop churning up her bank account, and reminded herself, "I need these queens, not as much as they need me... but still a need is a need", and she walked through the workroom with a determination to build the girls up and keep their spirits... and her profits... high. And she got her "Amen". Yes she did.

"Ugh, i just wanna be a drag queen that has fun, honey, and lives my best life, Lord." - LaLa Ri 

I want that for LaLa, too. The look on her face when she won: genuine shock, then pure joy, actually lit up the screen. She's taken over from Chi Chi DeVayne as the total sweetheart who deserves universal love and support. I hope she gets booked on all the tours and makes all the money. 

Edited by 7-Zark-7
  • Like 1
  • LOL 4
14 hours ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

Oh, what a scene that must have been: The poor production member who had to tell RuPaul that yet another queen was quitting and one more was crying and possibly on the edge. Ru probably threw down her lobster salad, turned to a shoeless minion for a wet wipe, stormed off, commandeered some unwitting p.a.'s golf cart, drove enraged to the set ready to tear the girls a new one. Michelle might have run after her imploring "Be sweet, Ru. They're fragile." Ru responded "Ain't nobody got time for fragile". Then as Ru passed an electric vehicle, she thought about the oil derricks on her land and how soon they'd stop churning up her bank account, and reminded herself, "I need these queens, not as much as they need me... but still a need is a need", and she walked through the workroom with a determination to build the girls up and keep their spirits... and her profits... high. And she got her "Amen". Yes she did.

This might be the best fan fiction I've ever read

• Love 2