Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

Are we going to lose our recaps when the free feeds go away? Is anyone here going to pay to see them?

I don't think the free feeds (on Fox's website) are gong away - just the ones on YouTube. This only cuts out international viewers. The Fox feeds are only available within the US, while the YouTube ones are worldwide.

I really don't understand their business decisions on this - why would they restrict their audience to one country, when they are desperately in need of more audience? Also, it seems likely that they would make more money running it on YouTube and getting a cut of the ads there, than they would hosting it on the Fox website - not to mention they'd save money by having YouTube host it, rather than having to run their own servers.

• Love 2

She seemed to mean in Utopia.

Oh, and in other news: Mike was plotting with Aaron, Kristen and Taylor to "rattle her [Nikki's] cage" during his government. Whatever that means specifically. I missed any plotting about it, but just saw them being melodrama villains twirling their mustaches with glee over it.

Edited by Etta Place
  • Love 1
Oh, and in other news: Mike was plotting with Aaron, Kristen and Taylor to "rattle her [Nikki's] cage" during his government. Whatever that means specifically. I missed any plotting about it, but just saw them being melodrama villains twirling their mustaches with glee over it.

Someone must have given these jamokes the wrong memo. Instead of finding commonalities and trying to build a society, they are actively looking for ways to be divisive and awful to each other.  It's worse than middle school!

• Love 4

2418974.jpg

This is from a site called Above the Law. Looks like Mr. Quinn made six figures easily.

Yes,  I'm aware of this as well. However, Mike did have a job at a Manhattan firm which he admitted he quit to do this show. Even if he were a first year associate of some kind he may not have made six figures but given the cost of living in the area alone he likely made more than $52k. Even if he didn't, he's ruining his chances of practicing law anywhere in the future, which is really the point.

From my understanding of the firm he was at, it was one of those 16+ hr/day 6-7 days a week firms where even after a couple of years all you do is basic research and essentially memo writing.  These jobs while they do pay $100k+ do have a high burn out factor and thus a high turnover rate.  A lot of these attorneys do end up leaving the profession after a couple of years.  Which could explain why Mike left.  Although doing a show like this I imagine he'd be looking at a show biz career not a law one in the future (maybe one of the dead bodies in a show like NCIS).  

• Love 5

Aaron and Mike (and now Kristen, not sure about Dedeker) plan to make Nikki's life miserable so she'll "break" and want to leave.  They've discussed putting maggots in her salads and her oatmeal and earlier today they deleted an email meant for Nikki.  They're despicable.  Some Utopia.

• Love 4
They've discussed putting maggots in her salads and her oatmeal and earlier today they deleted an email meant for Nikki.

Yikes.  What is it with these bullies wanting to break other people?  They can't possibly be thinking the viewers (do I still need an 's' on that?) would be impressed with them for being deplorable human beings.  And how smart of them, deleting emails that could result in money coming in.  What a group of dopes.

• Love 6

Kristen and Aaron are in the house alone, deleting more of Nikki's emails.  Josh is getting cleaned up and ready for his "date" tonight--he's going to pick flowers and take the visitors (I think there are 2 girls) fishing for their dinner then he's going to cook for them.  He's asked the others to be on their best behavior so that others will hear good things want to pay for a Utopian experience too.  Chris is going to play the guitar for the visitors.  I don't know what Bri will do, but it may or may not include thumbtacks.  

Chris and Kristen each bought a bottle of rum with their money and they plan to drink to oblivion tonight.  Chris said he is making mojitos and will be drinking them in the hammock.  Kristen said she'll join him but not in the hammock (I'm sure he breathed a sigh of relief at that), Chris told Bri she could come too but she has to "bring something to the table."  Bri said she could bring doughnuts--Chris said, "that'd be good, as long as you don't eat them all first."   

ETA:  Uh-oh......looks like Josh's "date" tonight is with 2 guys--not 2 girls--AND they brought flowers.  

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 8

So why does Josh have two guests this evening? Did these guys win (or actually I guess lose) some contest or something? They seem to have caught that fish pretty quickly, but I can't believe these guys are actually going to eat something made in that dump. At least Aaron isn't cooking it.

• Love 2

OK, this is quite possibly the best development so far. I blame production for not sucking this time around. Suuuuuuure those guys won. :P

Up with shenanigans!

Edited by areca
  • Love 3

They bid on a date with Josh at some auction thing they had.

Remember Kim, the lone yoga class attendee who preferred to just get a tour and hang out instead of taking a yoga class?  She said she was banned because when she left she gave Amanda a hug and whispered for her to be careful of Aaron and Kristen.  Anyway, now she's not banned, or maybe she was mistaken and never was. 

Kim's been trying to get hold of Nikkie to set up something, I'm not sure what.  I think a barter for a yoga class.  Anyway, this morning her email was answered by Kristen, with a message that Nikkie will contact her later to discuss business.  Kim never heard back, so she sent the email again and was watching a little while ago as Aaron deleted her email.  She's really not happy.

Jokers are talking about flooding the Utopia email inbox.  Some are thinking of sending messages to Aaron and Kristen telling them that America is watching and not happy (although it's suspected that Production will weed out these emails before they ever hit the inbox.)  Some people are trying to find the phone number so they can try to call when Nikkie's near the phone.  I imagine that Twitter is weighing in, as well.

• Love 11

They "won" the date for $200 in the online auction Kristen set up.  I think they are a couple.  

Thanks 4leafclover. I missed most of the day when Kristen was setting up those businesses and her whole 'capitalism' crap. I think you're right and that they are a couple.

They seem to be from Utah - or at least one of them maybe lived or visited there - they were talking to Josh about some club in Provo. Josh prepared the fish and put it in the oven. At least he seemed to season it fairly well. He's cooking it in a foil packet in the oven - not sure what kind of fish it is. Josh seems to be treating them well - trying to make small talk now. I just know that the two guests have to be dying to talk about some of what goes on in there and some of what they've seen in the feeds. I know I would be. I hope they find a way to spill some of the secrets to Josh before the night is over, though at least Josh seems more aware than the others as to what everyone is really up to.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 3

I remember earlier today they were saying that the date people were driving a number of hours to get there (I thought I heard 6).

The audio on the two guests doesn't seem to be the greatest some of the time (and admit I'm in and out as far as paying attention as I'm half watching a TV show that the husband has on), but I think I caught that they might be now currently somewhere more in Northern CA. It sounded like one of them mentioned starting to study something at Fresno State soon.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 1

Yes, they drove from Fresno, about 3 and 1/2 hours they said.  The shorter guy said he went to BYU, I don't know if he grew up in Provo.  Josh has done a lot to make them welcome, although the others have been their usual crude, rude selves.  Except Nikki--who has also been gracious.  Aaron has ignored them and Josh caught the catfish from the lake and prepared and seasoned it and everyone else took their food and sat down and ate while the guests just stood there.  Seems like they could have at least offered them a seat.  Josh is now baking it in the oven.  No one has offered to help cook or clean at all, even though the money for the date is going to the group (or at least a large portion of it).   Amanda is milking the cows and Bri?  Of course, Bri is sitting at the table eating.

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 4

I don't know the details--I wasn't watching the feeds much over the weekend.  Everyone on the chat is saying that they bid online and Kristen told Josh it was 2 guys and he said that was no problem.  He's being very sweet and courteous--now he's making a salad. 

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 2

Rob just interrupted Josh at the deck to say they may be doing an emergency vote tonight because "Ol Boy {or 'Homeboy' maybe?} has gone crazy inside."  I'm sure the feeds will be shut down soon.  

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 3

Can someone summarize for me the theories/proof of Mike "embezzling" and the deal with Aaron and Kristen's "stealing"?

One of the live feeds I was watching the other day had Mike and Aaron laughing about how people were calling them out at the visitation day about stealing.    They seemed genuinely puzzled about how they were being labeled.

Is there clear footage showing them stealing?  I don't understand how the theft can be so iron clad in everyone's minds.

Aaron and Kristen openly plotted on the feeds.  Their theft was food related.  They all get an individual small amount to spend.  Aaron ordered frozen pizzas and other things for him and Kristen and claimed it was from their individual money for two weeks.  There was a second receipt that Aaron was able to hide.  Some random called Red and told him about the second receipt.  Visitor Kim told Amanda not to trust Kristen or Aaron.  There was a confrontational meeting, but Mike (who knew about the theft and did nothing) sabotaged it to a certain extent.  They pretty much all know now and consider it "in the past".  Aaron's no longer doing the food ordering. I can't speak on Aaron and Kristen planning on ordering personal items with public funds and having them delivered to their homes, but I've read it everywhere.  They were supposedly caught on the feeds again.  It's believed that production is protecting Aaron, and they tend to mute or switch feeds when Kristen and Aaron put their heads together.

Mike's embezzlement is a little ambiguous, in part because he jokes about everything.  Over several nights, Mike whispered to Dedeker about a plan to embezzle their earnings.  Mike then worked the gate as the money guy and gave wonky receipts and charged inconsistent amounts.  He was definitely caught pulling money out of the bag they were storing it in, and shoving it in his pants.  He also took some and passed it to Bri.  It's a gray area because you could possibly say they were stashing smaller bills to make change with. He and Dedeker "cooked the books" - when they couldn't balance them, they simply deleted something to make it balance out.  Mike also claimed that he was storing money from the gate in his coat last Sunday, and he forgot and gave the coat to some visitor.  Over on Jokers, there are some screen shots under media showing Mike stuffing the money in his pants.

• Love 5

Yep, per Rob there is going to be an emergency meeting and the 2 guests must leave early with the promise they will make it up to them.  Still not sure what's going on, but judging from Rob's glee, I'm sure it involves Red leaving.

• Love 1

Everyone is gathered at the table for their early emergency vote--each of the 3 nominated will be brought to the group and make their plea to stay.  

Bri is up first:  "I really want to stay, I want to apologize for the mistakes I've made and I take full responsibility.  I have so much to do, ceramics and my messages in the bottle.......I feel like I've grown a lot and now I know how to ask for help.  Thank you guys a lot."  Said in her best baby voice whisper.

Bella:  "This is nerve wracking.  I want to say thank you for having me here.  I'm here to learn about myself and I support everybody's feedback.  The last 2 days while I've been painting have been the best 2 days for me.  I want to grow........thank you for giving me that gift.  I haven't lived with anyone except my cats in the last 10 years and thank you for teaching me so much.  I offer my artwork, my peace of mind and my friendship to Utopia.  Thank you all so much.  I really want to stay and I know I've walked out a couple of times but now I want to stay."   I missed a few sentences here and there but this is the gist. 

Rob said he is going to try to get the last one in (no bias there) and now Red is entering.

Red:  "Everybody ready to make some decisions?  I want to start off by saying yes we have to have communal living here.  Its a small place and there are 15 people living here.  I don't think its impossible for everyone to have their freedom here.  I have a lot to offer....electrical work, Hex may need some bow work done, something happens to Josh, God forbid, I can be the man for the job.  I have a lot to offer but I also want to have some individual freedom as well.  I would like to see us all have some compromise.  I don't hold grudges (Rob--"neither do I").  (He mentions each one and says something nice to them). With that said, if we can have individual freedom and group togetherness, we can get her done.  I'm not one to kiss butt....I may have fought a little harder here at times and I'll try to work on that, no matter how this goes.  I'm pretty sure everyone here knows how I feel about you, I'm not one to hide.  So the ball is in your courts."  He was calm and polite, went around the table and hugged each one.  

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 3

Rob--"for me its simple.  It's Red.  I don't think this is the place for him."  

Cut to outside, Red is comforting a crying Bri and a nervous Bella.  "Trust me, everything is fine.  Have I ever let you down? Don't cry. If you know what I know, you won't cry."  Bella--"how's your finger, Red?" Red--"it hurts like a mother humper."  

Back to inside--Aaron--"this is harder than I thought.  I base it off of pros and cons and Bella has turned around for me and I don't see Bri as a hindrance.  Right now, its Red.  He's irrational, he doesn't think about the aftermath.  Do we want someone here who's going to blow up?  blahblahblah........."

Kristen--"its unfortunate that he couldn't be rational......for me its Red."

Chris--"in the past few days, I know Red's really like....trying hard.  Anytime I ask Red for anything, he's done it.  Unfortunately, I know Bella's become a better person, but not for Utopia......I stick with my vote, Bella."

Amanda--"I'm torn, Red has a lot of knowledge in different areas.  I wish I could stick to my original vote, Bri.  However, what just transpired in the last hour, I see a cycle that's not being broken up and that's unfortunate......I would love Red here but I don't think he's the best fit for this situation.  Red."

Nikki--asked to be skipped but that was refused.  She then asked that they come back to her.

Ernesto--"I'm at a disadvantage...then the audio went out.  I don't know who he voted for.

Hex--"Bri has grown and apologized but Red hasn't.  I don't think he's a bad person, but I think he already has a Utopia outside of here......I'm staying with Red."

Taylor--"everybody knows from day 1 I've had problems with Red.  I don't see this cycle stopping.  We all work together.  Audio is out again but he'll vote Red.

Feed switched to outside when Dedeker and Mike spoke--I think Red may have told Bri and Bella that he is going because they are both very calm now and Bri is telling Red she is going to look him up when this is over (lock your doors, Red).  

Now Nikki is voting for Red to leave.  

9 for Red, 1 for Bella and 2 for Bri (apparently Josh and Ernesto voted for Bri).  

Rob took the floor again and told each one that they are loved but Red is going home.  Red said "thank YOU BROTHER!" and hugged everyone once again.   Bri stays.  Don't know if I will though.  I can't stand much more of her.

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 8

9 votes for Red, 2 for Bella, 1 for Bri - Red is out.

I have a 'play by play,' and who voted for whom, but the damn feeds kept cutting out so much it was ridiculous and hard to get all the reasons. They are bringing Red, Bella and Bri in now to tell them the result.

Red says very exuberantly "Thank YOU BROTHER!" to Rob when he announces that he is out. He seems glad to be going, or maybe he just wants them to think that - I don't know. Either way, he's out.

Now he's telling Nikki that this is just 'not his project.' This came out of a conversation he had with Nikki, Amanda and Ernesto earlier and they all gave their versions of what this was supposed to be and theirs were very different from his. This is why Nikki voted him out.

Red is saying he wanted out. He couldn't 'set up his own demise' to get out of this (not sure what that means - wonder if he couldn't go on his own because of stipend or something), now feeds are cutting out too much to understand what is being said.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 4

I've got the free feed on. It's the same video for both but camera one has audio for both and camera two keeps cutting out. So far, I have counted 6 votes for Red and one for Bella. Nikki asked to wait and I haven't cared about trying to hear the others. It's all bull shit. I imagine they vote for Red.

• Love 1

I don't want to watch the decent Topes get burned through, but I wish we could whittle down  until there was just that group of mean kewl kids - based on recent things that have been recapped I am adding Hex, Taylor and Rob to that list.  There'd be just as much nasty in play but there wouldn't be bystanders to bear the brunt of it.

• Love 3

Red must have a better deal waiting. Cool with me, he just saved me 5 bucks. I don't mind Red leaving as much as I mind Bri staying. I refuse to watch her vile ass anymore. (I'll still read here, PTv peeps are good peeps. I hope someone keeps watch over the cows and chickens, too!)

• Love 7

Red gave gifts to some--bow tips to Hex, a sweater to Bri, alcohol to Chris, camo to Rob and his blanket to Ernesto.  Then he dumped out his crate and told everyone they can have what they want, including his hamburger meat in the freezer and miscellaneous canned goods. He said his wife is going to pick him up and they are going to travel around the country.  He made a short speech about keeping their individual freedom and then he gave a "howl" and walked away with the group following him to the gate.

• Love 3

The worst thing about all of this is that unless Production does the right thing and yanks Bri, for the shit with the animals in particular, we're stuck with her for another friggin' month. I don't think I can deal with her whiny, disgusting, stupid, psychotic, lazy, manipulative bull shit for another minute let alone another month.

When she was giving her 'please let me stay' speech, she was half crying the whole time and said that she wanted to 'share  her Bri-chinos' with the world and do ceramics and then she said 'umm... I don't know where I'm going with this...." and then really couldn't think of anything else to say after that 'what I can bring to Utopia' portion of her speech at all. These asshats deserve to be stuck with her but thankfully I don't have to be. I think I'm out.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 5
Red gave gifts to some--bow tips to Hex, a sweater to Bri, alcohol to Chris, camo to Rob and his blanket to Ernesto.

Rob got a gift from him?  Rob's been nothing but miserable to him for days.  Red must be a better person than I am.

• Love 6

From one of the Twitter updates -- *somehow* Red knows his wife is coming tonight - "she'll be here shortly"

If that's true, then this whole "emergency" vote was well choreographed by production, complete with Rob's rants beginning yesterday as a build up..

If I was Josh's dates from tonight, I'd be asking for my money back since they were shorted because of production shenanigans.

Rob is so a production plant -- it's so blatantly obvious.

• Love 6
From one of the Twitter updates -- *somehow* Red knows his wife is coming tonight - "she'll be here shortly"

If that's true, then this whole "emergency" vote was well choreographed by production, complete with Rob's rants beginning yesterday as a build up..

Possibly.  Or maybe she was already in town since he was in the hospital.  

• Love 3

Someone please stop Aaron from using the word "utilize" repeatedly. He uses it all the time when he could just say 'use.' Just in the last minute he said he didn't put something away because he 'wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to utilize it first.' And now about the food shelves, he asks the group to 'keep the area clean and put things back when you utilize' them. It could be a bloody drinking game - you'd be on the floor in no time. So sick of him.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 4

Yeah, I agree that something was up.  Just before the vote, Aaron whispered to Mike, "he can't wait until 12 tomorrow."  

I really dislike Rob.  

Bri hugs Josh and says "teach me, Josh.  Be my big brother."  Josh says "actions speak louder than words with me."  And tells her she needs to contribute more to prove she wants to be there.  Ugh, I guess Chris will get "lucky" again tonight.  

Someone please stop Aaron from using the word "utilize" repeatedly.

And please teach him the difference between "ideas" and "ideals."  

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 5
I think It'd be great if he instituted a pure communist dictatorship and confiscated all business for the state. Kristen would get all stabby and start stealing.  Good times.

I guess a revolution is too much to hope for?

• Love 3