Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Dillingers

• Start Topic

air date: May 21, 2023

Alex's world before she met Dan is reflected through two people whose help she was incapable of accepting. Dan's world crashes down around him when he is arrested for killing Alex.

clay-tall-fatal-attraction-s1e6.jpg

Michael Cassidy stars as Clay Bishop, someone who may be from Alex's life or her past on The Dillingers.

pondering-the-past-tall-fatal-attraction

Earl (Reno Wilson) is showings signs of being conflicted as the events leading up to Dan's imprisonment are revealed.

sounding-board-fatal-attraction-s1e6.jpg

Ellen (Alyssa Jirrels) opens up to Stella (Isabella Briggs) about her father's case on Fatal Attraction Season 1 Episode 6.

• Like 1

This show really needs to pick up the pace. Stop being so draggy. How many potential killers that we have so far?

• Clay Bishop - the Legal Aid guy.  
• Elijah Acosta - the food delivery guy.  
• Artem - Olena Kuzma‘s bf.

In current timeline, I don’t really understand what’s going on between Ellen and Stella. Why is she stalking her friend and her professor? Just to prove and heighten Ellen’s trauma?

Dan didn’t bring up his alibi during the case trial to spare Beth from testifying and committing perjury. So Dan gave up his alibi to save his wife, went to prison for it and Beth left him for her bff?

Experienced Detective Earl Broker really thought this could be a murder scene? Geez. 🙄    

165717DF-E0FE-4CB6-9400-B18360EFB9EC.jpeg

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

This show really needs to pick up the pace. Stop being so draggy. How many potential killers that we have so far?

In current timeline, I don’t really understand what’s going on between Ellen and Stella. Why is she stalking her friend and her professor? Just to prove and heighten Ellen’s trauma?

Dan didn’t bring up his alibi during the case trial to spare Beth from testifying and committing perjury. So Dan gave up his alibi to save his wife, went to prison for it and Beth left him for her bff?

Experienced Detective Earl Broker really thought this could be a murder scene? Geez. 🙄    

165717DF-E0FE-4CB6-9400-B18360EFB9EC.jpeg

It would be a shame to make any more mess in that beautiful apartment. As it is, I'm sad for the pretty hardwood floors.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

I'm going to assume the world's most bossy intrusive sandwich delivery guy Elijah only left prints on her door and hall, kitchen or dining table

6 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

If the professor told  Stella of Ellen's warning that they'd been seen, hate to see you "ruined" but that's such an ugly word to use etc (paraphrasing,) the professor might have told Stella they can't any longer risk being seen;  have to only meet in his apartment or somewhere safe and if Stella was angered  by that she could be messing with Ellen's head.

Being that a wellness check was initiated likely by the neighbor after she heard banging around in Alex's apartment, if that is truly when Alex went missing and was never seen again...  he wouldn't have an alibi! He would've been out while he was roughing Alex up and then he'd have been on the way home. Getting home from anywhere in Los Angelos takes forever.

Using any plausible excuse not to have Beth give Dan an alibi was probably the smartest legal strategy.

• Like 2

I left out that when Earl started questioning Dan he said Alex reported him assaulting her the night before, so it appears the time when he was in her apartment and the neighbor heard loud noises and just afterward would be the time period he'd need an alibi for... which of course he doesn't have. Where he was and what he was doing  makes him look guilty.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

Stella is no friend, and if Ellen doesn't wake up and stay away from her Season 2 will be all about them. She should really find another thesis adviser too, but that's probably not realistic.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Broderbits said:

Stella is no friend, and if Ellen doesn't wake up and stay away from her Season 2 will be all about them. She should really find another thesis adviser too, but that's probably not realistic.

Season two, I have to admit that fills me with dread!  Count me among those who view the scenes with 25 year old Ellen as seeming like  they're part of a different show.

I was hoping they'd discover Alex's body on this episode and that Dan's arrest and trial would take up  eps 6-8. It's enough dragging it out, already!

• Like 4

We've now seen Alex with a pregnancy test three times. She told only Ruiz who was interviewing her following up on the complaint letter against Dan that she was pregnant. Why is this taking so long? Is she pregnant? Did she tell Dan? Could they tell  if she was pregnant from the blood at the scene?

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

I had the same thought.  I'm not an expert, but it doesn't seem like enough blood.  It also seems strange for someone to be murdered with a large amount of blood left in one spot only.  Does the detective think the killer cleaned everything else up but left this? 

I realize legal aid guy doesn't know, but I do want someone to be like: "Dude, Alex comes with a body count.  She is a "victim" who needs blaming." 

• Like 2
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Did she have one in this episode? I was multitasking - did I miss it?

No, sorry I meant over the season.  ...and she told Jeanette Ruiz she was pregnant( I think that was last episode?) Now, no mention of it.

If not now, when?

Edited by T Summer
spelling
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, T Summer said:

I left out that when Earl started questioning Dan he said Alex reported him assaulting her the night before, so it appears the time when he was in her apartment and the neighbor heard loud noises and just afterward would be the time period he'd need an alibi for... which of course he doesn't have. Where he was and what he was doing  makes him look guilty.

When Earl said that Alex reported the assault, did he mean Alex called 911 or Alex logged a report to the DA office? There’s a very limited timeframe between the assault and the moment they realized Alex was missing. Or Earl could be bluffing, baiting Dan to say something incriminating. We heard Mike and Dan discussing the case in current timeline, they never mentioned of any 911 report, did they?

7 hours ago, Broderbits said:

There’ll be a Season 2? I thought this is a limited-series. 😳

2 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I had the same thought.  I'm not an expert, but it doesn't seem like enough blood.  It also seems strange for someone to be murdered with a large amount of blood left in one spot only.  Does the detective think the killer cleaned everything else up but left this? 

Dan Gallagher was convicted based on a puddle of blood. Dan’s defense lawyer must be really incompetent.

Did the blood test show an increased level of hCG to support Alex’s claim that she’s pregnant? Again, we never heard Mike and Dan discussing this.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

When Earl said that Alex reported the assault, did he mean Alex called 911 or Alex logged a report to the DA office? There’s a very limited timeframe between the assault and the moment they realized Alex was missing. Or Earl could be bluffing, baiting Dan to say something incriminating. We heard Mike and Dan discussing the case in current timeline, they never mentioned of any 911 report, did they?

There’ll be a Season 2? I thought this is a limited-series. 😳

Dan Gallagher was convicted based on a puddle of blood. Dan’s defense lawyer must be really incompetent.

Did the blood test show an increased level of hCG to support Alex’s claim that she’s pregnant? Again, we never heard Mike and Dan discussing this.

Yes! Earl started off completely bluffing Dan saying Alex had claimed Dan assaulted her the night before. Basically just saying he has to investigate and leading Dan to believe he was so fortunate a friendly coworker grabbed the case.

After Dan lied to him about being involved with her and volunteered that he didn't even know where she lived...

...then Earl revealed   that Dan's fingerprints were everywhere in her apartment  and that  the police went there doing a wellness check. I presume initiated by her neighbor lady. He ended with "she's dead" in reply to Dan saying ask her or you'll see when you speak to her or some such. At the end of it Earl vows to nail Dan  for her murder.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
39 minutes ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

I'm not sure I answered clearly,

We see that the neighbor lady hears the row goes to investigate and see's Dan walking out shaking his hand and she overhears the last part when he says "and you'll have to do it yourself". She knocks on Alex's door but gets no answer.

Then next thing Earl is walking around Alex's apartment calling police staff for info  on and a photo of Alex. He said the investigation stemmed from a wellness check, so I presume the neighbor lady initiated that.

Earl initially told Dan Alex  made the complaint over the phone to Carmen and that he pulled it, so they could get in front of it.

He said it was straightforward, that she alleged Dan showed up at her place, came in and assaulted her.

It's after Dan lies about being involved with her or even knowing where she lives that Earl  reveals that he knows  that Dan's fingerprints are all over Alex's apartment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
51 minutes ago, T Summer said:

We see that the neighbor lady hears the row goes to investigate and see's Dan walking out shaking his hand and she overhears the last part when he says "and you'll have to do it yourself". She knocks on Alex's door but gets no answer.

Then next thing Earl is walking around Alex's apartment calling police staff for info  on and a photo of Alex. He said the investigation stemmed from a wellness check, so I presume the neighbor lady initiated that.

These parts are quite straightforward (from the wellness check to the encounter of blood puddle).

Emma Rauch could be a useful witness to Dan's defense team. She saw Dan leaving, not covered in blood. She heard him saying "you'll have to do it yourself" and this context can be turned into his advantage. Then she heard some movements from Alex's apartment, so Alex was still alive after Dan left.

1 hour ago, T Summer said:

Earl initially told Dan Alex  made the complaint over the phone to Carmen and that he pulled it, so they could get in front of it.

He said it was straightforward, that she alleged Dan showed up at her place, came in and assaulted her.

Thank you for this explanation, appreciate it.

Alex's boss was Conchita. Dan's boss was Marcella. Who's Carmen?

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

These parts are quite straightforward (from the wellness check to the encounter of blood puddle).

Emma Rauch could be a useful witness to Dan's defense team. She saw Dan leaving, not covered in blood. She heard him saying "you'll have to do it yourself" and this context can be turned into his advantage. Then she heard some movements from Alex's apartment, so Alex was still alive after Dan left.

Thank you for this explanation, appreciate it.

Alex's boss was Conchita. Dan's boss was Marcella. Who's Carmen?

I saw it as she hears the row and goes to see what's going on and then she sees Dan leaving and there's no more noise after that, so IDK if that would help Dan's defense?

The only indication we're given that she might still be alive  when Dan leaves is the neighbor seeing a shifting shadow under her door. Could be a mortally wounded Alex by the door. So it wasn't really:  she saw Dan leaving then she heard some movements from Alex's apartment.

IDK who Carmen is and couldn't find it on IMBD. I assumed it was someone who works in the DA's office or the police department? but that's what Earl said when informing Dan that Alex called in a complaint.  He could be making that up too. (the name, not the complaint). He said "she made the complaint over the phone to Carmen, Carmen knows that I know you she gave me a heads up  and I pulled it". This was when Earl was still trying to come across like he was trying to help Dan. Dan immediately  thanked him.

Earl was in information gathering mode  at that point and  then turned on Dan when he lied to his face and  then lied some more.

Speaking of the blood puddle the other detective  who was filling Earl in  as he left  said " no body, no weapon, lots of blood." Was that really lots of blood? Was there blood in other places we weren't shown yet? I wonder. If Dan the L.A. DA with all his legal contacts  and friends helping him gets convicted of 2nd degree murder on that much blood at the scene and no body that would be absolutely outrageous!!! and I'll feel like I wasted 8 hours watching this trash. I'm assuming there will be a body.

YW

• Like 3
21 hours ago, Snazzy Daisy said:

He cheated on her with a crazy woman that and set all this shit in motion. I can’t exactly blame her for that.

• Like 3

FWIW I'd assumed they didn't let Beth give Dan an alibi because he was out of the house assaulting Alex and then driving home,  he was not home all night with his family. They may have stated it was so she didn't have to commit perjury when questioned about whether Dan had had an affair with Alex because that sounds a whole lot better.  To daughter Ellen, especially.

I hardly think Dan's affair with Alex would remain a secret anyway after him parking his car there on what 5 occasions? 3 trysts and 2 "discussions" fingerprints in the apartment and the photos on Alex's phone. ...and that's assuming no one saw them together in an intimate moment.

I really thought Beth's reactions were great when she told Dan they were done after he confessed to the affair and especially when he summoned her  after he got out  to ask how could you stay away and keep Ellen away[when I told you that was what I needed]? was it that easy? and she got up and left!

Now, she's going to let her friend and business partner and his wife pay for Dan's defense that might cost a half million dollars? His wife is dying of cancer, right? What if some drug or other treatment were to come down the pike that's not covered by insurance? It does happen where some drug is found to be working on patients with x disease but it's not yet FDA approved to treat that particular condition so people have to pay out of pocket because they don't have time to wait until it's approved for their condition. I'd tell him you better call in a favor from some colleague.

• Like 2

So ex-con did-my-time Dan needs us to believe he didn't kill Alex.

But prime-suspect Dan lied so effortlessly to the police!  And then to his boss!   He lied to his wife about the affair and probably would have kept lying except that it just became too inconvenient

Dan even admits to lying to the court about whether he really killed Alex.

Dan, old buddy, old pal ... why should anyone believe a word that comes out of your mouth?  Now or back then?   You, sir, are not only a shameless adulterer, you are a serial liar.  A very bad man.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
18 minutes ago, millennium said:

So ex-con did-my-time Dan needs us to believe he didn't kill Alex.

But prime-suspect Dan lied so effortlessly to the police!  And then to his boss!   He lied to his wife about the affair and probably would have kept lying except that it just became too inconvenient

Dan even admits to lying to the court about whether he really killed Alex.

Dan, old buddy, old pal ... why should anyone believe a word that comes out of your mouth?  Now or back then?   You, sir, are not only a shameless adulterer, you are a serial liar.  A very bad man.

giphy.gif

Absolutely right. It was beyond stupid to start  off lying in answer to Detective Earl's questions, and then he compounded his mistake by volunteering a lie in answer to something that hadn't  even  been asked!

...and fresh off confessing the affair to Beth when his boss sent him home early in the day so she could look into the complaint letter  she'd received, Dan just effortlessly lied to her again about the reason he was home early.

When 55 year old just released from prison Dan approaches someone because he wants something  be it  Gabriel the bailiff's help, Conchita  to answer to him,  a job, an explaination from his ex-wife, to reconnect with Ellen... or whatever, he speaks softly and tends to avert his eyes. That doesn't indicate we're seeing a man who's changed or achieved growth.

When Mike said something like we've made cases with a lot less, Dan didn't even quibble about that.  If he was supposedly convicted with a weak body of evidence, shouldn't he feel rather strongly about such failings of the judicial system? especially having had 15 years to basically do nothing but sit and think about it?

HE'S  just determined  to clear HIS name.

• Like 2
(edited)

Was it implied that Dan and Mike got high at the cannabis place?   They absolutely had the munchies after that visit.   Isn't Dan on parole?  Wouldn't that be a violation?   At the same time, Dan's new job seems pretty lax about the long lunch hours he takes catching up with old cronies at bars, which seems pretty bold for a just-hired, ex-con  employee.  ("I see on your resume you have experience making license plates ...")

That bailiff's overreaction to Dan and Mike is like a big red arrow flashing "he did it!"

Edited by millennium
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, millennium said:

Was it implied that Dan and Mike got high at the cannabis place?   They absolutely had the munchies after that visit.   Isn't Dan on parole?  Wouldn't that be a violation?

I don't know how that works in California.  I believe you are allowed to use it for recreation there now, so perhaps that isn't something they can prohibit at the state level.  

23 hours ago, T Summer said:

especially having had 15 years to basically do nothing but sit and think about it?

I feel like the show has done a pretty terrible job of making future Dan seem like someone who has been in prison for 15 years.  He barely looks like he's even aged.  Even if Dan kept to himself and kept his head down, which seems like it would be difficult given his status as a former DA, it's a hard environment.     

• Like 3
2 hours ago, millennium said:

Was it implied that Dan and Mike got high at the cannabis place?   They absolutely had the munchies after that visit.   Isn't Dan on parole?  Wouldn't that be a violation?   At the same time, Dan's new job seems pretty lax about the long lunch hours he takes catching up with old cronies at bars, which seems pretty bold for a just-hired, ex-con  employee.  ("I see on your resume you have experience making license plates ...")

That bailiff's overreaction to Dan and Mike is like a big red arrow flashing "he did it!"

Reading this I thought that in a place where weed is legal as Dan and Mike made mention of by saying we put so many people away for this... and now it's legal; if being high is a parole violation, wouldn't being inebriated  from alcohol use also be?

As I have no experience with this (Thank God) I Googled the question. Under probation and parole technical violations in the very first paragraph it lists testing positive for drug or alcohol use as one. The probation or parole officer has a range of sanctions at their disposal and might give  the person a verbal reprimand or increase their  reporting requirements   or some such thing rather than  the individual being sent right back to prison

https://www.cga.ct.gov/pri/archives/2001ricreportappenA.htm

So you're right, millenium. Being intoxicated on anything is a dumb thing for someone out on parole to do that could have negative repercussions.

What Dan and Mike are together... I've been trying to figure out since this thing started. Is the actor playing Mike doing some riDICulous overacting? Is this some of the worst "dialogue" /  banter between colleagues  ever written?

such gems as:

"later tater"

"they irised in on him"

"oh, hi" said looking into the refrigerator for ketchup or "other goos"

🙄

• Like 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

Even if Dan kept to himself and kept his head down, which seems like it would be difficult given his status as a former DA, it's a hard environment.

Maybe he pulled an Andy Dufresne and helped his fellow prisoners with their appeals, etc., to avoid the worst of it.  Although that vertical furrow in his forehead suggests he took a fire axe between the eyes at some point.

2 hours ago, T Summer said:

What Dan and Mike are together... I've been trying to figure out since this thing started. Is the actor playing Mike doing some riDICulous overacting? Is this some of the worst "dialogue" /  banter between colleagues  ever written?

I think he's supposed to be comic relief, the guy everybody underestimates because he's cheesy but who always comes through for you.

Or maybe he just never got over being the Wiz ...

Edited by millennium
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
13 minutes ago, millennium said:

Or maybe he just never got over being the Wiz ...

You recognized the actor playing Mike as The Wiz from  Seinfeld's? You ARE a fan!

On 5/22/2023 at 9:27 PM, millennium said:

A very bad man.

giphy.gif

Yep, definately!

• LOL 2
19 minutes ago, millennium said:

Maybe he pulled an Andy Dufresne and helped his fellow prisoners with their appeals, etc., to avoid the worst of it.  Although that vertical furrow in his forehead suggests he took a fire axe between the eyes at some point.

Yes. they named some case he helped someone named Rangle with  in ep 1. So he was productive and used his time to help others. I think he mentioned working on other cases in later episode(s). Adding to that, until he committed his first crime he was a colleague in the justice system. He'd served 15 years of the 15 to life sentence and he maintained a clean disciplinary record the entire time he was in prison. Did he really have to go over the top and talk about how he gave in to rage and killed Alex Forrest? (he told Ellen they, the parole board needed to hear that).  Under what theory were they going to deny him parole?

...and certainly if he came out wanting to clear his name then he knew the day before he got out that he wanted to prove he didn't do it. Why assail your OWN credibility like that?

• Like 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, T Summer said:

or "other goos"

Ugh.  That line irked me like you would not believe.  Especially since it was uttered by a grown ass man.  Even if he was The Wiz.

Also, he left the fridge door wide open (pet peeve) before he sat down but then it was magically closed by the end of the scene.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Like 2

It's looking like we might find out if they ever found Alex's body? or if there was more blood other places? if she was pregnant? and how Dan got convicted Sunday! 3 or 4 websites are stating ep 7 Best Friends and ep 8 Caregiving will  both air Sunday 5-28. (I'm looking for absolute confirmation)

• Like 1

I developed a theory around episode 4, and after catching up on the latest, I still believe it.  Assuming Alex didn't fake her death, my number one suspect is Mike.  Hiding in plain sight and all that. 

18 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I feel like the show has done a pretty terrible job of making future Dan seem like someone who has been in prison for 15 years.  He barely looks like he's even aged.  Even if Dan kept to himself and kept his head down, which seems like it would be difficult given his status as a former DA, it's a hard environment.     

Agreed.  To me, future Dan looks...better than past Dan, somehow?  I think it's the hair - past Dan's hair might have been the style of the day, but it was not a great look for him. Or maybe the scruffy look works for JJ.    

I think it's funny, as already mentioned, that he has plenty of free time during the day to chop it up with Mike about the case. 

• Like 3

Assuming Alex didn't fake her death, my number one suspect is Mike.  Hiding in plain sight and all that. 

I have a hard time seeing Mike let Dan take the fall for his crime - unless, of course Mike has resented Dan forever. Maybe Mike isn't the bestie Dan thinks he is?

• Like 2
8 hours ago, T Summer said:

It's looking like we might find out if they ever found Alex's body?

All I can say is, they better find it.   I haven't hung in with this series just to have them pull the old "she isn't really dead" cliche just so they can go off on more "what if" tangents until the show starts resembling this:

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I have a hard time seeing Mike let Dan take the fall for his crime - unless, of course Mike has resented Dan forever. Maybe Mike isn't the bestie Dan thinks he is?

I could be totally off-base! Something about Mike and the way he's so invested in Dan (past and future) doesn't sit right with me. But maybe I am misreading their relationship.   

We'll find out soon enough. 

• Like 1

I probably am alone in feeling this way, I don't really like the grown up Ellen. I understand she went through a very horrible thing with her dad. His trial and being convicted and sent to prison. Maybe the last two episodes will reveal more but I'm just not feeling it.

When she was young Ellen, she had a great and very close relationship with her dad. Closer than with her mom. She has to remember that now that she is older. I realize she feels betrayed by him and all. She just acts so unemotional and cold to him. Like he is a stranger or father she never knew. Get mad at him. Call him names. Do something but act so cold. But she also seems so cold to everyone else in her life. IDK. 

On another subject. There has to be more evidence than some blood on the floor. Did they even test it to confirm it belongs to Alex? Did they find her belongings in the room, ie. cell phone, wallet, purse, etc? What about her car? I want to know these things. LOL!! 

Dan should have never lied to the detective and his boss, etc about his involvement with her. That seems to be what makes him seem so guilty to everyone. But the neighbor can testify that Alex was alive after Dan left. She saw her shadow come to the door when she knocked. I guess we will hear all about that at the trial. I HOPE!! LOL

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, margol29 said:

I probably am alone in feeling this way, I don't really like the grown up Ellen. I understand she went through a very horrible thing with her dad. His trial and being convicted and sent to prison. Maybe the last two episodes will reveal more but I'm just not feeling it.

When she was young Ellen, she had a great and very close relationship with her dad. Closer than with her mom. She has to remember that now that she is older. I realize she feels betrayed by him and all. She just acts so unemotional and cold to him. Like he is a stranger or father she never knew. Get mad at him. Call him names. Do something but act so cold. But she also seems so cold to everyone else in her life. IDK. 

On another subject. There has to be more evidence than some blood on the floor. Did they even test it to confirm it belongs to Alex? Did they find her belongings in the room, ie. cell phone, wallet, purse, etc? What about her car? I want to know these things. LOL!! 

Dan should have never lied to the detective and his boss, etc about his involvement with her. That seems to be what makes him seem so guilty to everyone. But the neighbor can testify that Alex was alive after Dan left. She saw her shadow come to the door when she knocked. I guess we will hear all about that at the trial. I HOPE!! LOL

She saw a shadow but not necessarily Alex’s shadow. We don’t know who was in there.

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, margol29 said:

I don’t see adult Ellen the same way. Not everyone is touchy feely and shows emotion easily. She has been making an effort to see and speak to Dan since he left prison. But I agree with you about Alex’s apartment - that wasn’t a murder scene, with just one pool of blood. Something happened, but I don’t see how they can assume murder with such little evidence. 

40 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

She saw a shadow but not necessarily Alex’s shadow. We don’t know who was in there.

Dan had just left, so he would know if he left her there with someone else though. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, AstridM said:

I don’t see adult Ellen the same way. Not everyone is touchy feely and shows emotion easily. She has been making an effort to see and speak to Dan since he left prison. But I agree with you about Alex’s apartment - that wasn’t a murder scene, with just one pool of blood. Something happened, but I don’t see how they can assume murder with such little evidence. 

Dan had just left, so he would know if he left her there with someone else though. 

Not necessarily. Unlikely but someone could have been hiding in the bathroom or closet or whatever. Dan burst in, shoved her and yelled and then left. He didn’t check that Alex was alone there first.

On 5/24/2023 at 1:54 AM, T Summer said:

Yes. they named some case he helped someone named Rangle with  in ep 1. So he was productive and used his time to help others. I think he mentioned working on other cases in later episode(s). Adding to that, until he committed his first crime he was a colleague in the justice system. He'd served 15 years of the 15 to life sentence and he maintained a clean disciplinary record the entire time he was in prison. Did he really have to go over the top and talk about how he gave in to rage and killed Alex Forrest? (he told Ellen they, the parole board needed to hear that).  Under what theory were they going to deny him parole?

It is often said that parole boards won't grant you release if you still claim that you are innocent of the charges.   They need you to take responsibility and be sorry for the crime you committed....and all that jazz.  Dan knew that so he gave it to them in a silver platter.  

3 hours ago, shelley1234 said:

It is often said that parole boards won't grant you release if you still claim that you are innocent of the charges.   They need you to take responsibility and be sorry for the crime you committed....and all that jazz.  Dan knew that so he gave it to them in a silver platter.  

You may be completely correct, thankfully I have no real knowledge of how parole boards conduct the hearings and what they want to hear from inmates where a DA would. My thought was if he knew he was going to come out wanting to prove his innocence and requesting a new trial, having lied in his initial interrogation and at his first trial, lying again to the parole board wouldn't help his credibility in the long run.

• Like 1

Does anyone recognize the actress playing Mike's mother? She was in the scene in the kitchen with Dan talking about pinochle. There's no credit for the character on IMDB and she wasn't listed in the end credits.

IMG_6492.jpg