Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: The Supermarket Ball

• Start Topic

(edited)

So it seems clear that Lala and Kandy are running a voting block alliance.

The best queen won't win.

Also, runway looks have been mediocre. Thus far the looks have been best from Heidi, Jimbo, and Alexis.

Lala and Kandy, you are Careless, Uninspired, Nauseating and Tedious.

My top 2 are Heidi and Jimbo and I hope Heidi takes the crown!

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • Like 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Starchild said:

Aw, I liked Mrs. Kasha Davis.

Especially because she finally gave us the answer to who, exactly, gave birth to Jiggly Caliente's "Baked Potato Couture look"! That creation was a disaster.

Kasha is not going to win The Fame Games. 

Jimbo was the clear winner of the ball and should have been given extra points for creating a design made out of unconventional materials and not fabric. It makes narrative sense to have Jessica win the episode, but they should have switched the order of the wins.

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Lala and Kandy, you are Careless, Uninspired, Nauseating and Tedious.

LaLa really stepped it up this episode, so I'll respectfully disagree. it's clear that she has taste, but not necessarily the budget and skill to always follow through on her vision. And I quite liked Kandy's first look, although it was too reminiscent of Trinity's "bubblegum" lewk from the "Plastique Fantastique" runway on AS4. Bitch stole her look! I was also maddeningly distracted by the clear plastic armbands that held her garment together.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Also, runway looks have been mediocre. Thus far the looks have been best from Heidi, Jimbo, and Alexis.

The Fame Game looks have been pretty bad, too. Both of the looks from Monica and Naysha tonight would have been right in the bottom with Kasha's.

• Like 2
(edited)

I loved Heidi's takes on the first two runways tonight; she eschewed the plain white/banana looks of the other girls and gave good concepts but her napkin look was just safe.  Jimbo was elegant and thematic all the way through, and Jessica Wild was so gorgeous and fun; definitely a deserved win. But Lala Ri and Kandy were hot garbage, using aluminum foil is the dumbest, most cliche option for an unconventional materials/supermarket challenge (of which there have been many on RPDR/Project Runway.)  Kasha Davis' sour cream was a joke, and Darienne was walking on her dress, so there was room for a bottom 4 IMO.  I hope Michelle doesn't stop reading Kandy when next week her look is a leotard again.  Congrats to Jessica Wild; she won more $$ for that lipsync than Tyra did for winning S2!

Monica is definitely not winning my fame game vote; neither did Naysha tonight, I feel like a late-in-the-game elimination is more likely to be the winner than any of the current 3.  I'm already sick to death of listening to Ru explain how the fame game works though, it's not that interesting.

Edited by Glade
  • Like 2

This whole season just feels...less than.

The queens are less than the quality of typical allstars.

The fashion, with few exceptions is less than we expect in allstars.

There are so many great queens that could have come back, but instead we got Kandy Muse.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

Is it part of Kandy’s shtick that she has deliberately terrible makeup? Or is she just really awful at doing makeup? The center of her face is always so white and over-highlighted. I guess I’m hoping she does it purposefully rather than out of incompetence.

• Like 5
49 minutes ago, Michichick said:

Is it part of Kandy’s shtick that she has deliberately terrible makeup? Or is she just really awful at doing makeup? The center of her face is always so white and over-highlighted. I guess I’m hoping she does it purposefully rather than out of incompetence.

The judges were equally impressed by MIB's terrible paint on S15, which continually made her look like an overexposed clown in a deteriorating polaroid, ca. 1978. Maybe it's a different experience in person on the Main Stage.

• Like 5

I'll miss Mrs Kasha Davis, she seems like such a nice person. Jimbo, Jessica & Heidi were the tops for me. 

LaLa fainting when Bruno walked into the werk room was too damn funny. 

Since Kandy kept harping on the $30K lip sync tip, I fully expected her to think she would land in the bottom on purpose, unload a performance for the gods and snap all that money up as the judges & other queens celebrated in rapturous fits. She also keeps wearing body suits, there is no range with this one. 

I am SO happy Jessica won that tip. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

I'll miss Mrs Kasha Davis, she seems like such a nice person. Jimbo, Jessica & Heidi were the tops for me. 

LaLa fainting when Bruno walked into the werk room was too damn funny. 

Since Kandy kept harping on the $30K lip sync tip, I fully expected her to think she would land in the bottom on purpose, unload a performance for the gods and snap all that money up as the judges & other queens celebrated in rapturous fits. She also keeps wearing body suits, there is no range with this one. 

I am SO happy Jessica won that tip. 

Remember, though: AS rules, so it's the winner of the episode who has the opportunity to win the cash "tip" -- not the loser. 

• Like 1
On 5/21/2023 at 4:39 PM, Kaboom 2.0 said:

She also keeps wearing body suits, there is no range with this one. 

And she always has the same expression on her face when she is walking the runway!  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)

It was funny in Untucked when the queens decided to add Kandy's signature blush technique to themselves.  I enjoy moments like this.  You get to see their humor and camaraderie in action.

Kandy used aluminum foil and those silver thermal blankets for her (once again) body suit.  The judges criticized Kahanna for not using "supermarket" materials,  yet what about Kandy's blankets?  "Super"markets have a wide variety of products for sale, as opposed to a regular market or small grocery store, so I think that critique was invalid. Also, I would say if the items were provided, they fit the bill. (Although I agree with the posters that using more unconventional materials should have been recognized by the judges.)

LaLa did not earn that redemption with that look.  She looked great in it, but the design was just shelf liner stitched up the side.  The judges would have read any other queen for lack of creativity, not being elevated or "drag," and wondered what she did with all of her time, if it had been anyone else. 

I thought the top four were: Heidi, Kahanna, Jimbo and Jessica.  

Edited by SemiCharmedLife
typo
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

LaLa did not earn that redemption with that look.  She looked great in it, but the design was just shelf liner stitched up the side.  The judges would have read any other queen for lack of creativity, not being elevated or "drag," and wondered what she did with all of her time, if it had been anyone else. 

I thought the top four were: Heidi, Kahanna, Jimbo and Jessica.  

I agree with the critiques...but I still really liked LaLa's third look, and thought she looked great in it. I've also heard (and read) of a number of criticisms of Jimbos' Tossed Salad Extravaganza, and just do not agree with them. It was stunning! She created different textures, and made a hard bodice out of artichokes! And it was edible! That could have been on Project Runway.

• Like 1