Type keyword(s) to search

S1.E04: Truth

oompa
  • Start Topic

Shoot so is Marnes dead now too? They left it ambiguous but I don’t see how he gets out of that. And are we supposed to know the guy with the shotgun? Are they just going to keep making us get invested in a character and then kill them?

And did I really JUST realize that Juliette’s dad is Ser Jorah Mormont? 

Otherwise I don’t feel like a lot happened in this episode.

• Like 6

Why did the episode end on a shot of Juliette’s reaction to George’s file?  Did it show something that we were supposed to be surprised by because I didn’t notice anything.

• Like 1

That was quite a  uneventful episode, except from the flashbacks about Juliette (that left more questions, like
how her mother and her brother died? went "cleaning?). 
It is weird for a father to let his only child work at the low levels at the age of 13. 
Ok, they were both grieving, but Mr. Nichols didn't win any award for the "father of the year".. 

Poor Marnes, not only lost the love of his life, he also feels responsible for it..
I  have the feeling the guy who attacked him might end up being an ally.

The man at the cafeteria... I think he was one of the ppl noticed the change on the screen when the power was cut and he is probably there trying to see if it will happen again.

This show should be available for binge watching ... the one episode per week format does not help us enjoy it.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Not quite as compelling as last weeks episode but I am enjoyed the world building. Everything is recycled and nothing seems new.

Which leads me to speculate what they do with human waste. Fertilizer? The paper comment made me wonder about how toilet paper is sourced.

I’ll show myself out.

Edited by marinw
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, marinw said:

he paper comment made me wonder about how toilet paper is sources

I doubt they use toilet paper, they could be using shells !

• LOL 10
(edited)
19 hours ago, Zaffy said:

That was quite a  uneventful episode, except from the flashbacks about Juliette (that left more questions, like
how her mother and her brother died? went "cleaning?). 

Maybe the Mother, but I don't think they would send a child out to clean.

Agree that Ser Jorah is a terrible Dad. He may have let his daughter stay in Mechanical because he was overwhelmed and unable to cope. (Not an excuse, but an explanation).

Edited by marinw
  • Like 2

I'm starting to lose interest.  I've not read the books, so presumably Juliette is a (the?) main character.  I don't care much about her (past or present). I don't mind flashbacks as a plot device, but I need to care about the character(s) whom the flashbacks are informing. Most of the characters I thought were interesting are dead/off screen, and possibly Marnes as well. 

I think I'll wait until multiple episodes are available and watch them, because weekly watching isn't engaging enough for me.  I assume this is a 8-10 episode run.  We're halfway through and it doesn't feel like the story is moving forward very much.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ribboninthesky1 said:

I'm starting to lose interest.  I've not read the books, so presumably Juliette is a (the?) main character.  I don't care much about her (past or present). I don't mind flashbacks as a plot device, but I need to care about the character(s) whom the flashbacks are informing. Most of the characters I thought were interesting are dead/off screen, and possibly Marnes as well. 

I think I'll wait until multiple episodes are available and watch them, because weekly watching isn't engaging enough for me.  I assume this is a 8-10 episode run.  We're halfway through and it doesn't feel like the story is moving forward very much.  

I think it was a mistake they went with the weekly format, this show begs for binge watching.

• Like 2
(edited)

Add me to the list of people wondering what happened to Juliette’s brother, and especially mother (at least we saw that the brother was sick). I actually rewatched the beginning since I was sure I missed something.

I noticed Juliette’s British accent creeping through quite a lot in this episode.

Edited by Rickster
  • Like 7

I discovered this show randomly because Rashida Jones was in it and I love sci-fi. I thought it was okay until the third episode when things started really kicking into gear then it gets pretty intense and interesting.

The last two episodes have had some great cliff hangers. I like the fact it's one show per week. It keeps me interested and thinking about the show longer. I find when I binge something I forget about the show I just finished and move onto the next one.

I'm watching this and From on MGM+ (formerly Epic). They're both about people trapped in mysterious places and there's a greater mystery. I kind of like this show better because it's more straight sci-fi where From is also horror. 

I'm gunshy with these types of premises though since Wayward Pines. That show had the worst twist I've ever experienced. I laughed at the reveal, turned the show off without finishing the episode, and never finished it.

I'm hoping this show delivers a more satisfying resolution whenever we start to get answers. I also hope it's not like From where you get no answers one and a half seasons into the show.

The characters are interesting and I'm fascinated with their technological gadgets. Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

• Like 7

I liked this episode but….so dark in places I couldn’t see what was going on. That’s a trend in my TV viewing and it’s annoying. I know why they do it but I’m standing in front of the TV squinting to make out the action.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
(edited)

yep, i've had to adjust the picture settings for apple TV - regular network TV is usually fine, but between Silo,  The Last Thing He Told Me, and Dark Horses I've been doubting my sight.

Another things on these shows is that they display a note or message on the screen but not long enough or large enough for the audience to read.

rewind, replay, pause, walk to screen, and read has become a norm.

Edited by zapper
  • Like 6
(edited)
9 hours ago, zapper said:

yep, i've had to adjust the picture settings for apple TV - regular network TV is usually fine, but between Silo,  The Last Thing He Told Me, and Dark Horses I've been doubting my sight.

Another things on these shows is that they display a note or message on the screen but not long enough or large enough for the audience to read. rewind, replay, pause, walk to screen, and read has become a norm.

They really need to find a better way to display text messages on screen if they going to keep showing them. We have to constantly do what you have to do too. A real pet peeve of mine. Maybe they should use something like subtitling.

Edited by Rickster
  • Like 1
52 minutes ago, Rickster said:

They really need to find a better way to display text messages on screen if they going to keep showing them. We have constantly do what you have to do too. A real pet peeve of mine. Maybe they should use something like subtitling.

ITA!

On 5/20/2023 at 1:34 PM, Zaffy said:

I think it was a mistake they went with the weekly format, this show begs for binge watching.

Oddly this is how I feel about the writer, I've read a bunch of his stories and I like unraveling what is happening, but if I step away the disperse, almost like a dream. I don't honestly know what it is. But the show has captured it.

• Like 2