Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E20: Second Opinion

• Start Topic

I pretty much pegged the senator's assistant and figured Mr. Cowboy Hat would be wrapped up in it as well.

I find it annoying that a senator can bully their way into an investigation and bring in their own expert.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

4 hours ago

As soon as the character who played the murder appeared on screen, I told my cat that was the perp. My cat looked skeptical.  Sure enough when the murderer's ID was revealed, I turned to the cat and said "told ya so".  The cat was unimpressed.

I thought the acting of the senator was a bit over the top at times, and overall I wasn't as happy with this episode. 

One last comment, did someone repair the handle (or replace it) on Jimmy's medical case as shown in the last scene?

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
2 minutes ago, laredhead said:

As soon as the character who played the murder appeared on screen, I told my cat that was the perp. My cat looked skeptical.  Sure enough when the murderer's ID was revealed, I turned to the cat and said "told ya so".  The cat was unimpressed.

Just love this! ❤️

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, laredhead said:

I've found having a bag of treats or a favorite toy available during the discussion makes the cat act as though he is a lot more interested in your opinions. I know he still isn't, but he is at least willing to put forth a little effort.

On that note, I had my own murder mystery to solve this morning: the victim (mouse or what was left of it) was on the dining room floor. I let the cat off on a justifiable homicide defense. Admittedly, I didn't look for other suspects. Unlike NCIS, it was pretty open and shut.

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

This is the second time in as many weeks we've had a character from JAG show up on this show not playing their JAG character. I mean ... that was senator Bobbi Latham. Last week it was JAG lawyer Sturgis Turner. These were characters that were on the mothership a lot.

(I think they should reboot JAG with Bud as the JAG and new young lawyers as the main characters. Harm and Mac can pop in a few times too. And Bud is mentored by a retired Chegwidden whose granddaughter is one of the main character Navy lawyers.

• Like 5

I think what bugged me the most was Vance NOT standing up for Jimmy. If that were Gibbs, Vance would have gone to the mat but Jimmy has been just as loyal to the agency and Vance basically stood silent while the senator berated Jimmy. I would have thrown the senator out of my office (The expert too) for not respecting the process and a possible obstruction charge. Observation is one thing but to take over the case was completely uncalled for.

For all the talk of NCIS being a family and an outstanding team, they really threw Jimmy under the bus. Parker was a bit better but not by much. If Gibbs had been there, he would have pushed a helluva lot back against the senator and Vance. Jimmy should remember who was loyal to him and who wasn't in that moment. If anything, they could have called Ducky for another opinion and Ducky would have backed Jimmy in a heartbeat.

If I were Jimmy, I'd start looking elsewhere as I would think my job is tenous and the loyalties of my team mates are fragile.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
20 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

I think what bugged me the most was Vance NOT standing up for Jimmy. If that were Gibbs, Vance would have gone to the mat but Jimmy has been just as loyal to the agency and Vance basically stood silent while the senator berated Jimmy. I would have thrown the senator out of my office (The expert too) for not respecting the process and a possible obstruction charge. Observation is one thing but to take over the case was completely uncalled for.

For all the talk of NCIS being a family and an outstanding team, they really threw Jimmy under the bus. Parker was a bit better but not by much. If Gibbs had been there, he would have pushed a helluva lot back against the senator and Vance. Jimmy should remember who was loyal to him and who wasn't in that moment. If anything, they could have called Ducky for another opinion and Ducky would have backed Jimmy in a heartbeat.

If I were Jimmy, I'd start looking elsewhere as I would think my job is tenous and the loyalties of my team mates are fragile.

I think that's what made the episode so uncomfortable to watch for me.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, buckboard said:

Didn't Vance say he stood by Jimmy when he came up with the victim being heated rather than going with Jimmy's rival, even though Jimmy's theory was kind of far fetched? 

Yes, he did but he was rather slow about it and did not stop the senator from berating Jimmy. 

Yeah, Ducky should have been called in, not this hot shot. Of course it was the actual killer who called him in and tried to get the senator all riled up about Jimmy.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 5/10/2023 at 7:20 AM, Trey said:

Yes, he did but he was rather slow about it and did not stop the senator from berating Jimmy. 

Yeah, Ducky should have been called in, not this hot shot. Of course it was the actual killer who called him in and tried to get the senator all riled up about Jimmy.

I wouldn't have expected Ducky to be called in.  Jimmy didn't a second opinion, so there was no need for NCIS to call in Ducky.  Jimmy's old rival was contacted because the senator's aide felt he could control the media star medical examiner.

• Like 1

I meant that, if they needed a second opinion (which they didn't), it should have been Ducky, not someone from outside NCIS.

They shouldn't have given in to the senator and her assistant.

On 5/9/2023 at 1:35 PM, laredhead said:

One last comment, did someone repair the handle (or replace it) on Jimmy's medical case as shown in the last scene?

I couldn't tell if the close-up on the bag was because someone repaired it (with rubber bands or ponytail ties or whatever), or that that's the repair that had already been there and Jimmy was now cherishing the broken-ness/repairing of it. But what I couldn't get past, is that since it was the bag he uses to perform his official duties, he could undoubtedly just requisition/expense a new one!

• Like 3
18 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I couldn't tell if the close-up on the bag was because someone repaired it (with rubber bands or ponytail ties or whatever), or that that's the repair that had already been there and Jimmy was now cherishing the broken-ness/repairing of it. But what I couldn't get past, is that since it was the bag he uses to perform his official duties, he could undoubtedly just requisition/expense a new one!

Yes, but didn't he say that Ducky had given him that case, so I can see why he'd want to hang on to it.

On 5/15/2023 at 6:07 PM, Ceindreadh said:

Yes, but didn't he say that Ducky had given him that case, so I can see why he'd want to hang on to it.

Oh, that makes sense.

One other thing.  While it made for a good story, the whole thing with the college rival not telling Jimmy about the time change for the internship interview, and then getting the internship, didn't ring true.  Jimmy described it as very prestigious and everyone wanted it, and that the rival guy got awful grades.  I just don't buy that because he showed up at the interview, that they would even choose to interview him instead of whoever else was on their selection list, let alone offer it to someone with such subpar grades.

• Like 5