Type keyword(s) to search

S07.09: Holy Cow, Kyle is 40

• Start Topic

Ciara is still going on about Austen. She’s just got no personality it seems.

Kory is an annoying idiot. Still not getting what ppl are thinking is hot about him. He has such typical game and just has such a douchey vibe.

I don’t know why I was so sure I thought I saw Kyle’s 40th bday before lol. His mullet is just so dumb.

Meh Jason. He’s either actually dating or fake dating Gizelle now so I can do without him.

Chris is such a weird doofy guy. He just seems awkward flirting.

Mya and Oliver always seem like they don’t even really like each other lol.

Gabby shut up about astrology.

Ugh we are going to see a lot of Kory and Sam in the future I’m sure.

Craig was looking kind of sloppy. Paige obv doesn’t wants to move to Charleston at all she’s prob hoping Craig will change his mind and move to NYC,

Luke!

I don’t wanna judge but with that hat and how small it looked I think Kyle might actually have a small penis lol. Which whatever but stop talking about your dick and getting naked it’s lame.

Danielle is such an annoying person. She’s so dramatic and ridiculous. It’s like she wants Lindsey to read her mind about her life. Danielle seems to really unhappy about her life with Robert but she needs to tell ppl and be clear instead of thinking ppl will just know because she seems to try to push they are doing good angle still.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Marley said:

Meh Jason. He’s either actually dating or fake dating Gizelle now so I can do without him.

I seriously don't get the Jason hate. (And I'm not just talking about you Marley.)  He seems to be a gentleman who is very chill and laid back.  My only bad thing I have to say about him is I wish he would stop acting like "the help" and exert himself more and stop letting women like Lindsay walk all over him.  Who the hell does she think she is having Carl tell him not to speak to her?! I wish he would tell them both to kiss his ass!  And I don't think for a minute she had a miscarriage.  She aborted that baby!!!  Yes, I went there!!! And this is just my opinion.  I really don't want to argue about it. 

Edited by swankie
Grammar
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, Thumper said:

Did Kyle wear extensions to make his mullet appear longer?  I don’t recall his hair being that long in previous episodes.

They showed Amanda putting the extensions on him at the beginning of the episode.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was Sam supposed to know by using her psychic ability that Ciara might, sort of, maybe, kinda be into Kory.

What the hell.

Although it is helpful that when I see a Mya, Paige, Ciara, Amanda, Danielle grouping of any size or kind I can just forward thru.

Show only lasts about 18 minutes.

Edited by bosawks
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

Was Sam supposed to know by using her psychic ability that Ciara might, sort of, maybe, kinda be into Kory.

What the hell.

Although it is helpful that when a see a Mya, Paige, Ciara, Amanda, Danielle grouping of any size or kind I can just forward thru.

Show only lasts about 18 minutes.

Because they don’t do anything but complain! They are the girls at the party who just sit in a corner gossiping while everyone else has fun.

I think Paige likes having a high profile relationship more than she likes Craig. She did not seem thrilled at a lifetime with him in Charleston.

I think I’m more like Lindsay than not in one way (I swear it’s just this!). I don’t think I need to give my friends a ton of unsolicited opinions about their lives, nor do I want them. Like sure, if you have concerns express them once  just to me. After that, let it go. Especially since it’s not like there is an actual problem. I wouldn’t want to have to hear all the “concern” about how fast it’s moving or whatever all the time either. And if, as Danielle claims, it’s not about Lindsay’s relationship with Carl then stop bringing it up. 

Edited by FozzyBear
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

And if, as Danielle claims, it’s not about Lindsay’s relationship with Carl then stop bringing it up. 

Danielle finally explained it a bit  but she keeps using Lindsey's relationship with Carl in the timeline and it inevitably derails the conversation. After years and years of friendship, she now notices that while she's always there for Lindsey and is (overly) involved in her life, Lindsey doesn't reciprocate. She doesn't ask about Danielle, how she's feeling/doing, the status of her relationship with Robert, etc. Likely, it's always been that way. but now that Lindsey/Carl are happy together, Lindsey's not involving Danielle in her life. 

I had a similar experience with a friend of 20+ years. Her life was always full of drama while mine was not. It slowly crept up on me that she never even asked how I was or what was going on in my life, just dove right into her current dilemma.. I started trying to steer the conversation back to me but she never got the hint, just kept barreling on about herself. When I brought it up, she was receptive but then nothing changed. I eventually had to distance myself a bit.  We're still friends, just not as close as we once were. Sometimes you just have to accept people for who they are.  Lindsey's extremely self-centered, always has been. Danielle's not going to change that but it also doesn't invalidate her hurt feelings.  

As someone who's watched since episode 1, I felt like Hoedown v2 was so fun to watch. Kyle's still an immature tool but he's grown into married life and I now enjoy watching him & Amanda together. I do hope Lindsey & Carl make it as well, I just can't help but feel that they wouldn't be together & getting married were not for the opportunity to have both the engagement & wedding aired. Admittedly, I just don't care for Lindsey, never have.

What a truly honest conversation with Paige & Craig, Not sure that the party was the right time but seeing her tear up at the thought of moving away from her family struck a chord. Glad to see not just Craig but the ladies tell her that getting engaged doesn't mean packing your bags the very next day.  Not sure why they even have to pick one city.  Both of their careers are on the upswing, have places in both Charleston & NYC. Obviously, having some time apart works for them so keep it going. 

I get why Sam & Kory work, they're very similar.

Gabby scared away another one by coming on too strong. Luke was like whoa lady, I just met you, I'll come do shots later (maybe). She must've already read his chart and decided he was her destiny.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Danielle finally explained it a bit  but she keeps using Lindsey's relationship with Carl in the timeline and it inevitably derails the conversation. After years and years of friendship, she now notices that while she's always there for Lindsey and is (overly) involved in her life, Lindsey doesn't reciprocate. She doesn't ask about Danielle, how she's feeling/doing, the status of her relationship with Robert, etc. Likely, it's always been that way. but now that Lindsey/Carl are happy together, Lindsey's not involving Danielle in her life. 

I had a similar experience with a friend of 20+ years. Her life was always full of drama while mine was not. It slowly crept up on me that she never even asked how I was or what was going on in my life, just dove right into her current dilemma.. I started trying to steer the conversation back to me but she never got the hint, just kept barreling on about herself. When I brought it up, she was receptive but then nothing changed. I eventually had to distance myself a bit.  We're still friends, just not as close as we once were. Sometimes you just have to accept people for who they are.  Lindsey's extremely self-centered, always has been. Danielle's not going to change that but it also doesn't invalidate her hurt feelings.  

As someone who's watched since episode 1, I felt like Hoedown v2 was so fun to watch. Kyle's still an immature tool but he's grown into married life and I now enjoy watching him & Amanda together. I do hope Lindsey & Carl make it as well, I just can't help but feel that they wouldn't be together & getting married were not for the opportunity to have both the engagement & wedding aired. Admittedly, I just don't care for Lindsey, never have.

What a truly honest conversation with Paige & Craig, Not sure that the party was the right time but seeing her tear up at the thought of moving away from her family struck a chord. Glad to see not just Craig but the ladies tell her that getting engaged doesn't mean packing your bags the very next day.  Not sure why they even have to pick one city.  Both of their careers are on the upswing, have places in both Charleston & NYC. Obviously, having some time apart works for them so keep it going. 

I get why Sam & Kory work, they're very similar.

Gabby scared away another one by coming on too strong. Luke was like whoa lady, I just met you, I'll come do shots later (maybe). She must've already read his chart and decided he was her destiny.

I think it's partly this and partly Danielle having trouble realizing that their "Three Musketeers" friendship has changed. Lindsey, Danielle, and Carl all hung out together a lot outside of the show before Carl and Lindsey started dating. I suspect they continued to do so even after Carl and Lindsey started dating as they eased into this new relationship and Danielle was left alone a lot due to Robert's work schedule. I get the impression that when Lindsey and Carl moved in together (which was right before filming for this season began), they suddenly just wanted to be together all the time, as any couple in that honeymoon stage are wont to do, and suddenly they don't want Danielle around like she has been in the past. So now, Danielle is acting out against this changed dynamic by trying to get everyone else in the house on her side and probably (maybe) low key wanting the 2 to break up, or at least, the three of them hanging out together. This is all compounded by Danielle realizing that she and Robert are probably not going to last much longer, so she's getting desperate. I think Carl and Lindsey are probably pretty solid as a couple since the only thing Danielle seems to come up with to get everyone against them is that their relationship is moving too fast, which I'm like what? Carl and Lindsey have known each other for seven years, most of those years they've been close friends, and they're like 36 and 38 years old, and they've been together for 8-9 months at this point. My late husband and I were engaged after 5 months, and my now husband and I were engaged after less than 4 months. At their ages, you know pretty quickly if you're with someone that you love and want to spend your life with.

That being said, while Danielle needs to butt out of Lindsay and Carl's relationship and is way overstepping, I find her behavior understandable. Now, it's time for her to shut up about it. She's voiced her concerns to everyone, including Lindsay, Lindsay was receptive but doesn't think she's moving too fast, it's time for Danielle to butt out. 

I think I watch this show primarily to be grateful that I'm no longer in my twenties/early 30s and single, and I find it somewhat morbidly fascinating to watch the same dating and relationship crap I went through then is alive and well 20 years later. It also proves my assertion that you never leave high school. The social dynamics are pretty much the same no matter where you are in life.

• Like 11
11 hours ago, swankie said:

I seriously don't get the Jason hate. (And I'm not just talking about you Marley.)  He seems to be a gentleman who is very chill and laid back.  My only bad thing I have to say about him is I wish he would stop acting like "the help" and exert himself more and stop letting women like Lindsay walk all over him.  Who the hell does she think she is having Carl tell him not to speak to her?! I wish he would tell them both to kiss his ass!  And I don't think for a minute she had a miscarriage.  She aborted that baby!!!  Yes, I went there!!! And this is just my opinion.  I really don't want to argue about it. 

I think people are adjusting their understanding of Jason as we see more of him, not hating. For instance, I was disappointed when he was upset with Lindsay for for a matter he could have resolved without information from her. Then he handled the situation wisely by telling Lindsay, in private, what the issue was. She apologized, and he seemed to accept but now it may be that he really didn't. We need to know more and maybe we'll find out who the hell she thinks she is. Although the way this season has been going a relative of Jason's could have been ruined by the SVB collapse and it would all be Lindsay's fault.

Lindsay has been consistent about the fact that she very much wants children. I think a couple of the others even mentioned it when talking about the miscarriage. That's one reason I think an abortion is doubtful. The other is that she praised Jason for stepping up, so it's possible he offered marriage, something else she wants.

Please don't think I'm ignoring your last sentence. Unlike emotions, opinions are open to disagreement. I've stated mine and am fine with agreeing to disagree.

6 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I think I’m more like Lindsay than not in one way (I swear it’s just this!). I don’t think I need to give my friends a ton of unsolicited opinions about their lives, nor do I want them. Like sure, if you have concerns express them once  just to me. After that, let it go.

You and Lindsay are spot on that way. Imagine if Danielle had actually done that and then maybe followed up by explaining her hurt feelings and asking for more support. Heh, everybody else would have had to come up with actual storylines.

• Like 6

Boring episode in my opinion. 

Why can't Chris talk normally to a girl?  It's actually pretty weird. 

On 4/11/2023 at 7:52 AM, FozzyBear said:

I think Paige likes having a high profile relationship more than she likes Craig.

Agreed.  I think we're seeing the beginning of the end.  These show couples benefit greatly from their relationships and I think Paige is struggling with this.  Didn't she just do a featured line for Sewing Down South?  I actually thought Craig was really sweet to her saying that he loves her more than Charleston.  I don't think it goes the other way for her!

Good Lord, Ciara - you hooked up with Austen for a hot minute (I wouldn't even call it dating) like over a year ago and you're still prattling on about him?  It's not a good look.

I wish Lindsay would go away.  I don't want to see or have to think about this horrible human anymore.  

• Like 4
On 4/11/2023 at 1:29 PM, Book Junkie said:

I think it's partly this and partly Danielle having trouble realizing that their "Three Musketeers" friendship has changed.

This is it in a nutshell.  Karl and Lindsey becoming a couple did change the dynamics of their friendship.  Danielle just is not taking it well and well, Lindsey is a shitty friend so there's that.  I have to say they do look happy.  Unless it is only for the cameras, but I am actually buying they love each other.

The party looked like fun with just the right amount of alcohol that it did not get out of hand.  Its weird that no one is in the pool considering they are all complaining how hot it is.  Someone got pushed in at one point.  Was it Mya or Gabby?

I don't see Paige getting married to Craig. But it was sweet when he told her he loved her more than Charleston.  

• Like 4

This episode was fun!  Fun party, Kyle really knows how to turn it out!  

Sam and Kory are an item now...meh ok.  I'm indifferent to both of them.  I don't hate them but I don't really like them either so whatever.

• Like 1