Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E13: Past Apps

• Start Topic

A tech entrepreneur in court has Dan and the gang seeing a chance to get in on the ground floor of the next billion-dollar idea. Abby stumbles on the young CEO's history of fraud in a sealed file and must warn her friends without breaking the law.

Airdate: April 11, 2023

• Like 1

And there we go with the ending. I was wondering how long it'd be before Abby found out about Neil's crush on her. Her little Facetime with Rand was cute, though :). 

I liked the way Dan pulled the truth out of Abby regarding that guy's background :D. 

• Like 4

ITA with Abby’s Shamrock Shake complaint.  It *should be all of March.

Nervous about the NeilReveal.  Felt a bit like when a doped-up Frasier told Daphne about Niles — only that was years in the making!  Is this going to be one of those things where, now that she knows, she starts seeing him in a new (romantic) light?  Actually that would be believable — easy enough to crush on someone when you find out they like you.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
12 hours ago, voiceover said:

Nervous about the NeilReveal.  Felt a bit like when a doped-up Frasier told Daphne about Niles — only that was years in the making!  

And Ross/Rachel but she already knew a little of his crush because they had a history knowing each other since childhood. And we got to know them within a friend group before she found out he's still in love with her. 

Niles and Daphne went through so much before they finally got together so we were invested in their happiness. They also had years of individual storylines.

I still don't really know anything about Neil other than his crush so why should we root for him? Abby's boyfriend seems like a nice guy too.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I can't believe they're thinking of 'going there' with Abby and Neil. Boss/employee relationships are always dicey, but a judge and her assistant? That's, like, super-mega inappropriate. Not to mention really unethical for Abby. I hope she turns Neil down gently, and settles down with her goofy BF so I can maintain some respect for her. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, Snow Apple said:

still don't really know anything about Neil other than his crush so why should we root for him?

Here at the shallow end of the pool: Because he’s waaaaayyy hotter than her fiancé.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
3 hours ago, DXD526 said:

I can't believe they're thinking of 'going there' with Abby and Neil. Boss/employee relationships are always dicey, but a judge and her assistant? That's, like, super-mega inappropriate. Not to mention really unethical for Abby. I hope she turns Neil down gently, and settles down with her goofy BF so I can maintain some respect for her. 

and i'll lose respect for her if she stays with her goofy unattractive bf

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, voiceover said:

Here at the shallow end of the pool: Because he’s waaaaayyy hotter than her fiancé.

I love a ship.  I truly do. But even though he's a good-looking dude, there's no chemistry there.  They've clearly pegged him as a love interest but they haven't shown us why he has a crush on Abby.  They barely interact.  He has had better, and more revealing, scenes with other characters than he has with Abby. 

I don't have a problem with either character but I don't know why I should root to see them together. It has all been so lazy. I hope they reconsider next season.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, voiceover said:

4 hours ago, cinsays said:

and i'll lose respect for her if she stays with her goofy unattractive bf

Add another one here at the shallow end of the pool.  I'd "suffer" through the inappropriateness of a Neil/Abby flirtation with a possible relationship if not a full-on relationship if it meant she might break up with that all-wrong fiancé.  I expect whatever happens in the next episode to set up a tease for the audience while they "try" to keep their distance from each other and of course inevitably fail.  I'd actually rather watch that than anything she might do with the fiancé.

3 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I love a ship.  I truly do. But even though he's a good-looking dude, there's no chemistry there.  They've clearly pegged him as a love interest but they haven't shown us why he has a crush on Abby.  They barely interact.  He has had better, and more revealing, scenes with other characters than he has with Abby. 

They've barely interacted yet but when and if they do in the future I can't see them having any less chemistry than Abby has with her fiancé.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

They've barely interacted yet but when and if they do in the future I can't see them having any less chemistry than Abby has with her fiancé.

I don't care about her fiance, though.  He's not a main cast member. He's clearly going to be gone at some point because of that. Love interests who only act as guest stars are fine to be chem-free, but putting two chem-free mains together means stories and stories around that. 

One step forward, two steps back. Night Court delivers a really good episode last week and a terrible one this week. This felt like barely a plot to sustain 21 minutes.

Abby learns that Neil has a crush on her definitely is not a Niles-Daphne moment from Frasier. As pointed out, we've barely seen Neil interact with Abby this season. It feels like he's in love with her because he's the only other male cast member on this show. His character is barely there and every other character on this show has better chemistry with Abby than he does. The only time he showed chemistry with anyone was during his fake marriage with Olivia. If this show goes through the casting changes of the original show, he's the obvious choice to be replaced.

Edited by benteen

The storyline was fine.   We got funny stuff about sealed files and who can know about them.

But that stupid Neal has a crush has got to end.   First of all, WHY does he have crush on her?   He barely knows her outside of work.   Which work crushes are cute.   But you don't plan your LIFE around them.   You don't contemplate making profiles on dating apps to get matched with the person.   he has no idea of her likes, dislikes, etc.   He doesn't even know she is recovery for alcohol.   Only Dan knows that.

Meanwhile, we are expected that Abby is going to leave Rand, the guy she has known for years.   that she was planning her wedding with.  The guy who was there for her when her dad died?     For non-entity Neal?   Whose sole characteristic on the show is "lack of ambition"   Although he can apparently be ambitious enough to go after HIS BOSS.     The guy she has known for a few months AT BEST.   And mostly at work.    WHY?   Why would smart, funny, caring Abby fall for Neal?    Rand might be blah, but he seems friendly, shares interests with Abby,  cares about others and he supports her.   

Although at least we got the "I can be there in 4 hours, make it 5" as a distance.   THANK YOU WRITERS for getting better with the distance to Upstate.

• Like 3

I really don't care for the idea of Abby/Neil. There doesn't appear to be any chemistry and there hasn't been shown that there's been anything about either of them learning about each other or connecting. Meh on the episode just from all the ways this could be bungled, even if the writers aren't there yet. 

• Like 2
On 4/11/2023 at 1:18 AM, kariyaki said:

A tech entrepreneur in court has Dan and the gang seeing a chance to get in on the ground floor of the next billion-dollar idea. Abby stumbles on the young CEO's history of fraud in a sealed file and must warn her friends without breaking the law.

This one wasn't so good. Didn't they already do an ep about discovering something they shouldn't have from a sealed file already? Yeah, I'm not buying Neil's infatuation with Abby, and I have to assume these are being played out of order because they're talking about meeting and they already did. I wasn't fond of the CEO plotline either, but I didn't expect him to be giving free shares to the people he had wronged, however.