Type keyword(s) to search

Advance Buzz For True Detective : Now with Season 2!

• Start Topic

This show looks incredible. And let's be honest, Matthew McConaughey is on an insane hot streak of great projects. The last thing he wasn't great in, in my opinion, was The Lincoln Lawyer (2011). 

Plus, the critical hype is pretty absurd. So, all in all I think this is a very exciting show that probably deserves its own forum.

Really looking forward to this one too AND I'm totally behind the model of a new case and cast each season.

And it's a period piece too is it not? Icing on the cake. Hope it can be the sum of its parts.

I think it takes place over something like 20 years. So a mix of modern day and period. (Does 90s count as period yet?)

(edited)

I'm liking the rumors of Colin Farrell and Timmy Riggins (er, Taylor Kitsch)!

ETA:  Colin Firth and Colin Farrell are not the same.  Sorry, Colins!

Edited by annlaw78

I wonder if this show will be set in the same universe as the first season? At least, with a small reference to "that weird cult thing in Louisiana" or something?

No, according to this somewhat spoilery Den of Geek article: http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/true-detective/238707/true-detective-season-2-everything-we-know-and-more

So it starts June 21. Crap. I'm scheduled to move that day. There'll probably be 7 pages of episode posts before I see it.

Me too, but my worry has been that McConaughey was at the top of his game, and Woody Harrelson was, well, Woody F'in' Harrelson, and this would not be that. Skimming the reviews sounds like the problem is more in the writing, which doesn't make a lot of sense, since it's the same writer for all of the scripts. Maybe the writing was always secondary to the on-screen dynamic of McConaughey and Harrelson? Too bad it's not something like Robert Downey Jr. and David Duchovny. Some people just command attention without trying.
  • Love 2

The critics have seen what - the first 3 episodes of the second season? I wouldn't be willing to judge this series as a success or failure until I had seen more episodes.

Yeah, I have to admit it took me about four episodes to get into the first season. I see this show as kind being written kind of like a novel, which makes reviewing it after 3 "chapters" seem a little silly. Either way, I'm excited. I absolutely adore Rachel McAdams.

• Love 2