Type keyword(s) to search

Are You The One? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Dmarie019 said:

But isn't it ok that Basit isn't Jonathan's type?  I don't think people have to go around feeling bad about themselves because they aren't attracted to certain people. 

Sure, in general. But Jonathan has gone out of his way to kind of emotionally manipulate Basit by telling them they might be his perfect match and how compatible they are, only to repeatedly cite being disgusted with Basit's femininity as the reason why he "can't force himself" to be attracted to them. "Preferences" are one thing (albeit a little dicey because particularly exclusionary preferences tend to boil down to "you can't make me feel bad for not wanting minorities in my dating pool!"), but it comes off as more of a dig at Basit's gender expression than anything. Also, regardless, if Jonathan's sooo not into Basit, he needs to stop flirting with them!

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 1:00 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Calling Paige an ugly ostrich would be immature for a sixth grader.

Yes.  Also? Paige is ridiculously gorgeous.

• Love 4

Felt sad for Danny in tonight's episode.  I'm secretly hoping that he and Basit were the one beam from tonight's match up ceremony.  At this point, I don't want either of them (plus Paige and maybe Amber) paired with some of the crazies in this house.

• Love 3

“Sugar baker design “ in answer to your question, they usually seem to wait until the very last light viewing and then miraculously everyone picks the correct match.  It’s usually so rushed and hard to believe that people who often had little to do with each other are suddenly matched, and I never feel that their is enough explanation of how they are actually a match.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Drogo said:

Yes.  Also? Paige is ridiculously gorgeous.

Right?!?  Every time she's onscreen, my eyes are drawn to her.  

A fivesome? Aight then.  Actually, they seemed like they had fun but weren't expecting to deal with the consequences (for those making connections to others).

Danny and Basit could be a match.  Or Remy and Basit.  I'm not for Jonathan's flirting without intent when he knows how Basit feels about him; I think Jonathan likes having someone in the house checking for him since his #1 clearly isn't.  OTOH, once Basit decided Jonathan was their match, it didn't seem like they bothered trying on with anyone else.  A flirt here, a casual talk there, but they aren't really putting themselves out there with anyone else.  Basic did briefly think they had a thing with Kylie, but she found her match with Blondie (forgot her name).

I'd like to see everyone put more of themselves out there…more of their hearts, we've seen their hormones and privates.

• LOL 1
On 7/18/2019 at 7:25 AM, sugarbaker design said:

This season is my first experience with AYTO?  Does the audience find out who is matched with whom?

Yes. All but one season has won, so we almost always find out the correct match ups when they guess it right and win. But the one time they didn't win, I think we found out at the reunion? Or online, maybe? Though then again, I think by then, the audience can figure it out through math usually, whereas I think that will be impossible this season, with all the possible matches.

Though like Caseysgirl said, we usually end up with at least a couple matches that seem totally random based on the different dynamics shown and explored throughout the season.

• Love 1

I really loved Paige telling Jenna that she can't allow her to see Kai & Jasmine hooking up in the bathroom.  And then took Jenna to a different bathroom to have a talk about the toxicity that is Jenna & Kai.  That is some good friend shit right there.

• Love 6

Jonathan's delusional boner for Justin cost the house $250,000, lmao.

Paige is a good friend but it seems like no one in the house is interested in her romantically, except maybe Remy. Remy is my fave in the house, everyone gives him shit for being a ho but he seems like a genuinely kind man and the only real open-minded person in the house in terms of actually being willing to date anyone, especially people who have been overlooked by the rest of the house (Paige and Basit).

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Jonathan's delusional boner for Justin cost the house $250,000, lmao.

Paige is a good friend but it seems like no one in the house is interested in her romantically, except maybe Remy. Remy is my fave in the house, everyone gives him shit for being a ho but he seems like a genuinely kind man and the only real open-minded person in the house in terms of actually being willing to date anyone, especially people who have been overlooked by the rest of the house (Paige and Basit).

Yeah, Remy has really grown on me.  He's a little messy, but seems to have a good heart.  I wish people were checking for Paige.  I find her adorable.

23 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I think Jonathan's "intense connection" with Jonathan is the same one I had with Kathy Ireland when I was 13.

Yup.  IDK if Basit is his match, but everyone but Jonathan knew Justin wasn't his match.

• Love 3

I call producer shenanigans. 

The AYTO contestants give the producers a ranked list of who they want to pick before every match-up. They knew that Jonathan put Justin as his #1 and they arranged the selection order so that he would be picking before either Justin or Max. 

1 hour ago, Hiacios said:

I haven't watched a single episode because all I needed to see was the trailer and I immediately knew it was garbage. You can't have same sex shit in a show like this because it fucks up the way the game is played. Nobody asked for this propaganda. MTV keeps hitting knew lows by pushing their political agenda. Their rating will continue to fall.

I have to respectfully disagree with this.  One of my favorite parts of AYTO is trying to figure out the math puzzle (I'm one of those nerds that even has an excel spreadsheet set up).  So a season where everyone is sexually fluid and anyone could be someone's perfect match presents a really interesting challenge to the overall math puzzle.  It's made me think about the overall strategy in a different context and I've really enjoyed it so far.

Also, on a different note, I like how the contestants are able to truly express themselves in ways that they might not be able to do at home or in a different environment.  Sure, there are messy contestants - but there are messy contestants on  every season of AYTO.  But overall, I like how MTV is giving mainstream attention and starting a dialogue on the various sexual and gender identities that exist within the LGBTQ+ community.  

• Like 1
  • Love 13
On 7/28/2019 at 3:15 PM, zenithwit said:

Also, on a different note, I like how the contestants are able to truly express themselves in ways that they might not be able to do at home or in a different environment.  

But do you really need to be walking around the house in see-through thong lingerie just for the hell of it because now you feel wild and free??  I'm all for putting yourself out there but maybe i'm just a little too prude. 

I was actually so pleased with Jonathan's growth this episode, even if the cynic in me (and Basit) knows he'd dump Basit in a hot second for Jonathan.  Not sure why they were announced as a perfect match to the audience, but not the group.

Brandon and Aasha have goof BFF chemistry, but no real romantic chemistry. They didn't even kiss when they were a confirmed perfect match.

I can't take anything Kai does seriously because all he cares about is the power trip that he could have sex with anyone in the house, so I'm not sure why everyone continues to be so horny for him. I wanted him and Danny to be a match, but with Jonathan/Basit confirmed, the other beam has to be Max/Justin.

Paige's match ceremony choices always seem completely random because no one pays attention to her.

• Love 1

I’m almost certain Danny and Kai are a match if so it would mean that my faves Justin and Max are not. (Maybe/Hopefully my hunch with D+K is wrong) 

I liked Jenna and Amber together. Amber would be a calming presence for Jenna, I feel but oh well, they’re not a match. 

Between most of the girls, Jasmine, Kari, Kylie and Paige. I have no clue who their one is.... back to that five-uople! 

I don't understand why Paige gets no love. I think she is stunning. 

Last night I was trying to kill my insomnia with copious amounts of marijuana and AYTO on the dvr, and the announcer keeps saying stay tuned for a match up in a way that has never happened on this show, and my brain went all over the place. I envisioned Kai and literally anyone, wandering into the truth booth to have sex, when suddenly the beams start scanning them as the bang and PERFECT MATCH pops up on the screen. Now that would be some good TV.

• LOL 6
On 7/31/2019 at 9:58 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Not sure why they were announced as a perfect match to the audience, but not the group

Maybe the show is trying a different tactic to keep the audience engaged?  If that's the case, should we  infer that Justin + Max are not a perfect match? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think Danny and Kai make sense as a perfect match if you look at it from a yin/yang angle.  Danny is everything Kai isn't, and vice versa.  But I want better for Danny, because Kai is just going to keep effing around with everyone he can get his hands on for probably years.  He's still pretty new to this version of himself, a version that apparently EVERYONE finds attractive, and with his total lack of self control, he's not going to be ready for a partner like Danny any time soon. Ideally, I would love for Danny and Paige to be a perfect match.

Nour is pretty vile, and every episode she looks more like an unfriendly alien to me, because her personality is so terrible.

It pains me that we know Jonathan and Biset are a match and they don't.  The way the challenges are set up annoys me, because there is usually potential for only non-matches to go on the dates and waste everyone's precious time. I would prefer it if the challenges were designed to help put the pairs together - the spinning wheel last season tried to do that, even if it took them forever to figure out that it was a clue.

• Love 5

I'm kind of taking comfort in the idea that Danny/Kai can only be a match if Justin/Max aren't. And I could definitely see Justin matching with Amber (and, judging from next week's promo, so can Justin,) but I can't see Max matching with anyone else unless the matchmakers got something wrong.

I was actually kind of hoping for Danny to be matched with Remy because they both seem like they're smart people who are in touch with their wild side. Unfortunately for the game, we know they aren't because they were in the same ceremony as Aasha/Brandon and Basit/Jonathan and there were only two beams.

On 7/26/2019 at 1:42 PM, OnceSane said:

Remy has really grown on me.  He's a little messy, but seems to have a good heart.  I wish people were checking for Paige.

After the most recent episode this statement from prior was so on point. Remy is checking up and down side to side under the couch cushions and on the top shelf for our sweet Paige. 

She friendzones him and he sighs "You.. SIREN!" in the DR... I love his open affection for her paired with his genuine respect of her boundaries.  Remy's a catch.

10 minutes ago, djlynch said:

I can't see Max matching with anyone else unless the matchmakers got something wrong.

Kari, maybe.  I always forget those 2 are there. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Drogo said:

After the most recent episode this statement from prior was so on point. Remy is checking up and down side to side under the couch cushions and on the top shelf for our sweet Paige. 

She friendzones him and he sighs "You.. SIREN!" in the DR... I love his open affection for her paired with his genuine respect of her boundaries.  Remy's a catch.

I really hope they are a match.  She doesn't let him get away with fuckboi behavior and he's slowly breaking down her walls.  I love that he isn't giving up, I get the feeling not many people pursue Paige and she deserves to be chased.  OTOH, I do hope she gives him a little more encouragement because he's doing all he can to prove he can be the one for her.  I am here for it!

I really think Kai and Danny are a match and I'm glad Danny sees Kai for who he is and is willing to check out other options since Kai seems to want the whole house.  But I'm still hoping they aren't a match because Kai is not ready for them to work.

Nour did the typical thing...blame the woman, instead of the man you're interested.  I loved that Kai was confused as to why Nour was yelling at Jasmine as if Jasmine has any control over Kai's dick.  Even Kai doesn't have/want control of Kai's dick.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Nour did the typical thing...blame the woman, instead of the man you're interested.  I loved that Kai was confused as to why Nour was yelling at Jasmine as if Jasmine has any control over Kai's dick

And this was the only time I've liked Kai at all. I laughed at his genuine, why is Nour yelling at Jasmine and not me, confusion. As a society we are making strides in this area, but there is still clearly a lot of work to be done. Had Nour been yelling at Kai I would have still thought she had no right to be mad, but would have understood her emotional reaction to what happened. Yelling at Jasmine? Nope. Don't get it at all. I really liked Nour initially and have gradually liked her less and less as this season has gone on. She is currently one of my least favorites. When she feels threatened by somone her knee jerk reaction is to insult their appearance, which is incredibly immature. I think she has a lot of growing up to do. 

Edited by Treehugger9
  • Love 2
On 8/7/2019 at 10:36 AM, Drogo said:

Last week's episode gave me a full-blown crush on Remy. I want him and Paige to be a match more than anyone else in the house. He's so empathetic and respectful. Same on the producers for initially painting him as the slutty villain when he's a slut with a heart of gold!!!

Also he won points with me for liking/replying to a viewer tweet along the lines of "this isn't AYTO4Kai, why do I know nothing about Danny, Paige, Aasha etc. but know so many details about how horny Kai is?" lmao 

Edited by SnarkEnthusiast
  • Love 4

It's just The Kai Show at this point and his shit was already old four weeks ago. I laughed when Danny reacted to Jenna's (probably correct) assumption that he and Kai are a match with all the Excitement of a haggard stepdad awarded full custody of a juvenile delinquent. Max is right - Kai is a whiny, self victimizing baby to the point of secondhand embarrassment. Everyone trying to lecture and then coddle him by the pool while he hid his face and collapsed in a tantrum was cringe worthy. Also it's bizarre that everyone who has slept with or been attracted to Kai just stands around together watching him like an animal on National Geographic trying to armchair diagnose him.

Nour is also beyond obnoxious, with her shrieking, violence, and fake blaccent that magically appears whenever she wants to fight. Who would want her after all this? She's a miserable person.

It was nice to see Paige finally appreciate Remy's effort. I hate it when people punish new flames for their ex's behavior. Come on, the man is sitting in front of you saying he'd wait years for you! Disappointed to see that she apparently cools off again next week and has the audacity to make him cry but they just did IG live together so apparently everything turned out well.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Paige and Remy are officially my everything.  How cute were they at the Under the Sea party?  Loved Remy seeing a little of Paige's not-so-innocent side and wanting her even more.  And I adored her opening up to him.  I know next week may not be easy, but I hope they make it through the other side.  And Drunk!Paige in the confessional?  The little flare of her fingers after she said "Ostrich out!"?  D.E.A.D.

The Kai show is both entertaining and irritating.  I wish Nour would have called out Kai instead of Jasmine, the fight may have been more interesting.  But Kai trying to make himself the victim when everyone is just telling the truth on him...so annoying.  Kai, be a fuckboi if that's what you want...but be ready to pay the consequences when your fuckboi ways make it difficult for you to truly connect with anyone and you're stuck with dealing with all your bullshit cuz you can only run so far away in the house.

Amber may just snake in to get Justin for one night.  Max better hope he and Justin don't have a big blowout or that they make it to the Truth Booth or Amber gonna come for his man...and probably get him.

I really want to know who Kylie and Jasmine match up with, maybe each other?  But I don't think so.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

I really want to know who Kylie and Jasmine match up with, maybe each other?  But I don't think so.  

According to those who have worked out the math, we know that Jasmine's match has to be...

Spoiler

...Nour, which feels so far from anyone figuring it out right now.

If Danny and Kai are a match, Kylie could be with Amber, Justin, Max, or Remy. If Justin and Max are a match, then we know everybody's match and Kylie's is...

Spoiler

...Danny. Those two haven't shown any chemistry at all that I can remember, so I'm not sure that I'm feeling that pairing, but most of the others make sense.

Edited by djlynch
1 hour ago, OnceSane said:

And Drunk!Paige in the confessional?  The little flare of her fingers after she said "Ostrich out!"?  D.E.A.D.

And why the ferk did Danny tell her she was being a bully (toward Pinot Nour.. who has always been and still was the aggressor)?  

Danny's stock was like: 

JD-22-512.png

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:34 PM, Drogo said:

And why the ferk did Danny tell her she was being a bully (toward Pinot Nour.. who has always been and still was the aggressor)?  

It was Paige, during a lull in the fight, yelled out something along the lines of "Hit the Bitch in the head!" which set Nour off again, this time directed toward Paige. I found it a little shocking that Paige yelled that but she was pretty tipsy, I think.

There was a contestant on the Kids' Baking Championship who was eliminated last episode who looked just like a mini--Nour.

Remy reminds me of Tim Curry. I think he and Paige could be very good together.

Kai is ridiculous and those shiny blue pants did him no favors.  

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Caseysgirl said:

I’m not getting the Kai attraction. Cute face but terrible body and as insincere & untrustworthy as can be. Plus, talk about ego!  

They're only looking at the face.  And he can spit a little game.  That's all that is required.  I would have made the same mistake in my early 20s...

2 hours ago, TresGatos said:

Kai is ridiculous and those shiny blue pants did him no favors.

I wonder if those were all he could find for "Under the Sea" and decided to roll with it.

2 hours ago, TresGatos said:

It was Paige, during a lull in the fight, yelled out something along the lines of "Hit the Bitch in the head!" which set Nour off again, this time directed toward Paige. I found it a little shocking that Paige yelled that but she was pretty tipsy, I think.

I laughed really hard.

• LOL 1

Absolutely devastated Paige and Remy aren't a match. He was so devoted to her. His little soft kiss on her knuckles after they finally kissed for the first time....my heart. Although her being matched with Amber would be interesting since Paige has had a little flame for her for a while. I should've known they wouldn't match her with a dude, given that her "show narrative" at the start was presented as her finally exploring her attraction to women.

On the flip side, it's hilarious that Nour/Jasmine is a presumed match after they almost came to blows like two days before. Super weird to watch them make out now. It was surprisingly big of Kai to admit he didn't treat Jasmine well and thought Nour could. Nour's still an abusive shitbag.

I feel terrible for Danny. Kai and apparently everyone else is like, "I mean, I'm not attracted to you, but you seem like a stable partner so I guess I could suck it up and settle for you." Sure, he's not exactly a panty dropper, but he's been nothing but open minded and supportive of everyone. He deserves better.

Max is so clingy and paranoid. Regardless of whether or not he and Justin are a match, they wouldn't last three months outside the house.

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

I know it’s unlikely, but it would be so enjoyable to see Max matched with Kai! Fireworks would ensue. Is Danni bisexual? I think he’s attractive but I’m an old straight lady.

The premise of the season is that all 16 of them are sexually fluid and would be ok with a male, female or non-binary match. Danny did say that he had his heart broken by his female ex-fiancée.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I am so sad that Remy & Paige weren't a match--kinda hope they get together after the show.

Based on them retweeting each other all day every day, doing IG live, showing up together on other cast members' IG stories, and hosting a viewing party together for this week's episode...it sure seems like they are lol. I'm so happy for them. There's a difference between using matchmaking to spare you from toxic relationships (Jenna/Kai, Nour/Amber, etc.) versus letting arbitrary producer picks and algorithms separate you for no reason when you've developed real feelings for each other. The experts can keep you open minded, but they can't predict the future. Paige and Remy really bring out the best in each other, even though imo Paige went into the house hoping to pursue/end up with a woman to validate her bisexuality to herself, which is ironically probably why she wasn't matched with Remy.

• Love 2
On 8/23/2019 at 11:01 PM, laschifosavita said:

I don't know what has gotten into me this season but Justin and Max keep making me all emotional even though I know that this is ridiculous and no one is going to force them to date other people.

They've had their moments for sure, but I think Max is too dramatic and intense for Justin and their dueling insecurities are inevitably going to combust. Justin deals with conflict by emotionally distancing himself and hooking up with whoever's available. Max sits around stewing in worst case scenarios and jealous paranoia and it makes him incredibly needy and possessive. That's a recipe for disaster. Max sees himself and Justin as Romeo and Romeo and I think that level of infatuation is going to make Justin feel claustrophobic. They are a bunch of horny 25-year-olds with unlimited free alcohol – there is no reason for the dramatic Titanic histrionics.

• Love 3

Max is truly unhinged. Justin sure dropped him fast!  I feel bad for his match - Amber is right, he'll spend the rest of the time stewing over Justin. Kai and Danny took all of 30 seconds to get cute and domestic? At least Kai is finally settled and actually seems content for once. Remy just seems lost.

• Love 1

Well, I’m seeing an awful lot of production shenanigans going on.  We’ve seen major personality changes:Kai now happily domesticated, Noor no longer angry and paranoid but now totally in love with her arch enemy, Jonathan, who wasn’t even sure that he was attracted to Basit now happily the most stable of the couples, Remy who was a user and abuser falling head over heels for Paige, and Max suddenly willing to be paired with any body left in the room.  I’m thinking the producers wanted to put an exceptionally sweet face on sexually fluid relationships so they’re trying to erase all the earlier negativity.

23 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Max is truly unhinged. Justin sure dropped him fast!  I feel bad for his match - Amber is right, he'll spend the rest of the time stewing over Justin.

At least she isn't his match!

• Love 3

Long time lurker, first time poster! I watched S4 of this show but I dropped it off but the new premise made me interested again and I'm keeping up with the show (and the math blog). This season went by so quickly! It was such a breath of fresh air. I still don't get the math but I've been enjoying the drama and relationships.  I'm sad that it kind of went under the bubble, especially with Queer Eye and Drag Race becoming super popular but devolving into formulaic territory. I can't wait for the next season! I hope the cast does Ex on The Beach and The Challenge and every other spin off show, I'm not ready to let go of them yet.

• Love 3

I am so sad for Danny that Kai is his Match. That guy does not deserve an immature child. 

Max and the girl with the blonde hair need to stick together and amber needs to go with Justin and the other girl who sat with amber needs to sit with remi. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, OnceSane said:

They'll be together for as long as it takes for the group to win the money.  

ohhh yea, i'm totally expecting at the reunion that Danny will say Kai couldn't keep it in his pants and was whoring out immediately after filming ended. 

• LOL 1

I am happy they won the money...but Remy looked sad at the celebration part.  I really want to hear that he & Paige have started something.  And isn't it amazing what happens when people actually talk to each other?  They figure shit out. 

Did I hear Kylie and Kai's convo right?  I think Kai hasn't fully transistioned yet and winning this money will give him what he needs for his final surgery.  Kylie was talking about being with him every step of the way--and he was way emotional.  

• Love 1