Type keyword(s) to search

Finding Carter Spoilers

Thanks, GenL! I meant to do this earlier but got sidetracked.

First, from here:

As we recently heard Finding Carter has been renewed for a second season. With only four episodes left of season 1, things are about to get crazy. If you've seen the mid-season promo you know the reveal of Elizabeth's affair is only the beginning and we have some intense spoilers to share. The coming episodes will see the family pulled in different directions. David is approached with a job offer that could change everything and Carter receives a package from Lori with surprising contents. Crash goes off the rails, shooting Max. As Max fights for his life the family attempt to deal with the potential outcome.

Yep, IDK how they try to justify it, shooting Max makes Crash more irredeemable than David I wrote my entire book then pretended you were going to see your mom to get you to agree to let me write the book I already wrote and had an advance on (I just realized I have no idea what their last name is, but whatever it is, insert it here).

If they make Carter side with Crash I will be done with the show. It looks like, from the preview, that Crash tries to rob the store where Max works (that's where it looked like they were) so no, there is no coming back from that. By Crash. Never liked you anyway. I would love for Carter to just stay single, but she'll probably end up with that stalker friend guy that Taylor liked before she upgraded to Max.

• Love 1

I don't think that Carter will side with Crash on this one. From here:

The "bad boy" love interest really is a bad boy, and not in a good way

Carter's new boyfriend Crash may be one hot piece of eye-candy (seriously, that face is unreal), but he really is a bad guy and not someone we're going to be crushing on for much longer.

"Carter sees how everyone has just written Crash off and they think since he's committed crimes, he's a bad person," Prescott says. "He does have these erratic behaviors but Carter sees something else in him that no one else does. I think it's sweet that she sees there is good in him, especially after she finds out about the terrible life that he's led. His own mother abandoned him, literally told him she was coming back and never did. No one has ever shown him any love or care or goodness so he thinks he's a bad person and the world is bad. Carter empathizes with how he is."

Prescott continues, "But she sometimes can't take a step back and see that maybe she can't help him. He needs professional help. In the coming episodes, definitely some stuff goes down with Crash and it gets to the point where even Carter is like, 'Wow, I'm trying to empathize but what the f--k? I can't help you if you don't want to help yourself.' He really does mess things up. Their relationship gets severely rocked."

I'm not sure if these are spoilers, but I'll put it here anyway.

The showrunner confirmed in an interview we won't find out Lori's reasoning for kidnapping Carter this season.

Also, the woman who plays Lori, Milena Govich, has mentioned she knows why and how Lori kidnapped Carter and it made her cry.

She retweeted someone on twitter who guessed that Carter was Lori's child with David, then a few days later at a Finding Carter cast party they had at Baskin Robbins was asked about the abduction, where she said that "no one would guess, and it's crazier than you think".  So she knows people are already guessing Carter is her bio kid, but yet says a few days later that no one would guess, I'm not sure if that puts that theory to rest, but there ya go. 

Also I hate when actors on tv say, oh you'll never guess, it's the best twist ever!  And someone always guesses right long before the reveal.

Also I hate when actors on tv say, oh you'll never guess, it's the best twist ever!  And someone always guesses right long before the reveal.

Yeah. I mean there are only so many reasons for kidnapping a child unless you're going to bring in some supernatural element. She wanted a kid, it's her kid, someone paid her, etc. Someone will have guessed it by the actual reveal.

Also, the woman who plays Lori, Milena Govich, has mentioned she knows why and how Lori kidnapped Carter and it made her cry.

I will absolutely rage if it's some ridiculous crap like Elizabeth used to snort cocaine and drink vodka before being abusive to baby Carter so Lori felt she had to save her from mean! Elizabeth. That'd be awful

• Love 1

Tuesdays episode is titled Love Story, the September 9th episode is titled The Long Goodbye, the finale is September 16th, but I haven't seen anything about it yet.

I really hope the long goodbye is not referring to Max.  I don't see how they could keep Crash if he killed Max, and then both the twins get new love interests next year.  Besides Max this show has sucked with the writing for the teen friends/boyfriends, I'd hate to see anymore new people.

They have to know that if they kill Max, people will stop watching. I hope the long goodbye is Carter leaving with Lori (or just running away) because she feels guilty for causing him to be hurt and because she takes Taylor's line "all you've done is hurt me and our family" seriously and thinks they're better off without her.

So she knows people are already guessing Carter is her bio kid, but yet says a few days later that no one would guess, I'm not sure if that puts that theory to rest, but there ya go.

I hope that's not it. To me that's just stupid and defeats the whole "Finding Carter" premise. Elizabeth and her parents have both indicated that Carter and Taylor are twins. And the whole "finding" of Carter would be easily resolved by a simple DNA test. Unless Elizabeth adopted Carter from Lori, but then she wouldn't say that Carter and Taylor were twins. That plot "twist" would make me hate this show so much. 

Am I the only one that noticed that MTV said Max's KILLER not shooter after the shoe aired????

I did too. I think they were trying to make it more... mysterious as they showed Max in cardiac arrest. 

Why would Lori want Taylor? Did Elizabeth receive donor eggs from Lori!

To me, that would be the only thing that makes sense regarding Elizabeth's kidnapping of Carter. Yet at the same time, based on Carter's vague memories shown, it looks like Lori knew exactly what she was doing in taking Carter but not Taylor. 

I need to find out the reason this season. I will not watch a 3rd season if this big secret about why Lori kidnapped Carter is drawn out. 

Maybe Lori thinks that Carter, now that she knows her twin, won't be happy without her and that if they take Taylor with them, Carter will no longer be conflicted. It would be a convenient delusion for Lori to decide that Carter still loves only her as a mother and has no interest in Elizabeth or David, but is resiting leaving with Lori because of Taylor.

• Love 2

Why would Lori want Taylor? Did Elizabeth receive donor eggs from Lori!

When David and Elizabeth were chatting on the couch last year, he mentioned having to get married because Elizabeth became pregnant accidentally.  To have her receive eggs seems way far retched to me.

What no one has mentioned is the phone call at the beginning of the episode. Who was Lori talking to? My guess is David but then again, it doesn't make sense that he was the one that tackled her down and turned her in.  Unless it's all part of a master plan? 

Was David a University professor or associate? That would explain alot as to how Lori was in their lives.

• Love 1
(edited)

I saw the trailer at the end of the latest episode.  So, it looks like Gabe is getting the Pacey Witter treatment (high school boy who sleeps with his teacher).  Well, she's a counselor instead of a teacher, but close enough.  

Also, Max and Carter were shown kissing.  Too bad...Carter wasn't bothering me this season, but I'll probably hate her after that.  Horrible thing to do to your sister.

And just when I thought Crash was gone for good, he shows up with a new haircut and some camouflage.  I guess that he's joined the Army, maybe?  Ugh, I was so happy to be rid of him.

It looks like Gabe's dad might get shot.  The preview showed him fighting with Crash's uncle, and then Elizabeth says "shots fired" I think.

Edited by SonofaBiscuit

I wondered if Lori was talking to her ex boyfriend on the phone, the one who alerted Carter to help her out a couple episodes back.

After they showed the ex boyfriend, I kind of thought so, but they kind of dropped that. I think it was either him or Crash.

• Love 1