Type keyword(s) to search

SWV & Xscape: The Queens Of R&B - General Discussion

• Start Topic

In this six-part limited series, the fans get a VIP front-row seat and backstage access to ’90s nostalgia as SWV and XSCAPE pull back the curtain on their personal and professional lives and prepare to hit the stage together.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

In this six-part limited series, the fans get a VIP front-row seat and backstage access to ’90s nostalgia as SWV and XSCAPE pull back the curtain on their personal and professional lives and prepare to hit the stage together.

Who? Never heard of either but I was living in the UK then so I guess they never made it across the pond.

• Like 1

I can't believe Kandi actually thought SWV would settle for second billing after Xscape.  She acted like SWV was some unknown group trying to make it.  Like Coko said, "I sold 30 million records bitch!"  Kandi needs to take several seats as far as I'm concerned.  Her munchkin voiced self is talking to sistahs who actually have voices.  

Edited by swankie
Spelling.
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
13 hours ago, swankie said:

I can't believe Kandi actually thought SWV would settle for second billing after Xscape.  She acted like SWV was some unknown group trying to make it.  Like Coko said, "I sold 30 million records bitch!"  Kandi needs to take several seats as far as I'm concerned.  Her munchkin voiced self is talking to sistahs who actually have voices.  

I took this as Kandi doing her business thing and living out the credo, "You'll never get it if you don't ask for it". I assumed Kandi knew they didn't deserve top billing, but she also wanted to be on the record on national tv that Xscape gets top billing on concerts. It's about how future promoters approach her.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
11 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I took this as Kandi doing her business thing and living out the credo, "You'll never get it if you don't ask for it". I assumed Kandi knew they didn't deserve top billing, but she also wanted to be on the record on national tv that Xscape gets top billing on concerts. It's about how future promoters approach her.

What she did was cause discord between her group and SWV.  I thought it was very disrespectful and uncalled for.  Her damn group can't even get along with each other.  I've actually seen SWV in concert a few years ago and I'm glad they're still touring.  I really enjoyed it.  I would pay to see them again in a heartbeat.  

• Like 6

All this information about Tamika's money is really disgusting.  They totally stole her money and the mom was most likely in on it. It be your own family sometimes.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 4
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

You wanted receipts? She got ‘em 

and whoever this was texting her trying to extort her get that’s a crime right? Like how stupid are they?

Ooh damn! See, this is what happens when you keep pushing and disrespecting someone who's already sacrificed a lot for you and/or to "earn" your loyalty. You can't treat people like shit when they know AND have proof that you've been doing dirt!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Saw the official receipt video yesterday and I must say I am so proud of Tamika for laying it all the way out! I mean I NEVER believed LaTocha in the first place (The mama screaming to cut the cameras immediately after the accusation, the obviously lopsided family dynamics and most of all that God awful, edited within an inch of its life video Tocha put out addressing absolutely NOTHING) but now there's no denying. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Just watched Kandi's Speak on It from a couple days ago and it was great! The first 15 minutes address the recent drama but with Tamar (a whole nother mess! 😆), but the rest of it is about the show. She addresses the "top billing" issue, but the bulk of it is her sharing more about the ongoing issues with Tocha. 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I missed this one!

Yes and now she has released another one which sounds a little less scripted by the husband. Apparently she's on an apology tour considering her gospel album is coming out in a week. 🙄

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
On 3/31/2023 at 5:41 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

Yes and now she has released another one which sounds a little less scripted by the husband. Apparently she's on an apology tour considering her gospel album is coming out in a week. 🙄

Talmbout she & her husband have an open marriage--- Lol! Chile, bye!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Is this supposed to be the "apology"??? 

One of those 'sorry if I made you feel' phony ass apologies. She's only sorry her bag is about to be compromised. Nobody is checking for a GOSPEL album from a lying theif with a so called open marriage. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Whenever they get through, "Weak" is twice the song "Understanding" is as a musical composition and as a moment in a show. And this is coming from somebody who sang both of them in the cafeteria and on the school bus. I don't care how many likes you get on Instagram; I'm coming to the concert to hear my songs. XScape is tripping on that one.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
15 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I believe that no good husband of hers may have done this without her knowledge.  On the show tonight they found out he's getting kickbacks from their shows without her knowledge.  Tocha is so dumb and blinded by her love for this clown she could easily be manipulated by him.  She already acts like she can't speak her own words without looking to him when they are together.  That man is bad news! 

• Like 5

Another info-filled Speak On It. This time Tiny joins Kandi. The provide some additional context for lots of things that have happened in the past couple episodes, but particularly for the last scene from the episode last night. They also explained why they believed Tocha was lying about not being involved/knowing what her husband was doing.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
On 4/2/2023 at 9:47 AM, luckyroll3 said:

It's about TIME, isn't it??  She's just been lying on, throwing shade at, and LYING AGAIN on her own sister!!  Like whut? NOW you're coming clean??  What happened?  Nothing worse than a lying old bitch singing GOSPEL songs to really light you up.  Jeebus. My ass.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

First she steals money from her own sister Aaaand now her husband is getting kickbacks from the whole group? CHILD why did they do this show? 

17 hours ago, swankie said:

I believe that no good husband of hers may have done this without her knowledge.  On the show tonight they found out he's getting kickbacks from their shows without her knowledge.  Tocha is so dumb and blinded by her love for this clown she could easily be manipulated by him.  She already acts like she can't speak her own words without looking to him when they are together.  That man is bad news! 

she doesn't do anything without that man SHE knew he even said she knew in the text 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
On 3/29/2023 at 7:02 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

She isn’t having IT no more 

Tamika said that she didn't want to mention it earlier, but it's more than one $30,000 check.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Tamika was with Alexia from the Miami HWs on Andy Cohen's Watch What Happens Live yesterday. She said she could sue her sister and her husband, but she doesn't want to do it because they could go to prison. She also said that Tocha is her mother's favorite (as if we didn't know), she thinks her mother didn't know what her sister did, she knows Kandi since she was 14, Mama Joyce was always the same (what a surprise), Kandi (and Tiny) are more popular because of social media, reality shows, and other projects, and that Kandi is a good singer.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I am #TeamKandiTamikaTiny in this piece.  I never believed that Kandi was the problem in the group. Jermaine Dupri even crafted the songs around Kandi's voice, even though Tocha was the lead singer of Xscape.  I'm cool on SWV because Coko always has her azz on her shoulders. (We watched the SWV reality show!)  She kept Taj and LeeLee from making a bag when she decided to go solo her damn self!  Why not have SWV make a gospel album? It would have killed! 

I'm a fan of both groups and this going back and forth on billing and set lists for a combined show distressed me greatly.  Kandi wasn't being disrespectful towards Coko and SWV; Kandi has always been about her group and her coin. Keep your feelings out of business! Besides, you can't start AND end the show, Coko. This is not your sole show! If Xscape starts, then you end it.  If you start the show, Xscape ends it.  That wasn't that hard.

Everyone is dogpiling on Kandi when Tocha was the real problem. I didn't know that the first solo project never came out; I need Jermaine Dupri to speak on that! I can't support Tocha's new project knowing that she stole from her sister. Sorry.

Edited by Stardancer Supreme
  • Like 7
9 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

Hell, they could alternate songs and do a cover song for the final song together!

Or even be creative and do a mashup! Kandi is a great producer and could help craft something they could do jointly to end the show.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Or even be creative and do a mashup!

That was my thought as well.  Why not do a mashup.  Don't tell me with all the musical talent in Atlanta there isn't someone clever enough to put it together.  

• Like 6

Anyone who DOESN'T believe Rocky the Flying Grifter DIDN'T steal Tamika's checks and put them in his account is NOT paying attention.  And if I'm interpreting those text messages correctly, Tocha absolutely knew he was getting the kickbacks and depositing them.  I think he said his bride would "get the others in line" or words to that effect.  He had to let her know that the money had come through so she would keep HER side of the bargain.  

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3

I wonder if a lawsuit would work. It sounds like she has the receipts, but it also sounds like she knew about the crime and let it go for 10 years. I wonder how that might count against the case in a "for ten years you didn't have a problem with it, but now you do!" way. 

• Useful 1
On 4/5/2023 at 4:47 PM, kassa said:

I wonder if a lawsuit would work. It sounds like she has the receipts, but it also sounds like she knew about the crime and let it go for 10 years. I wonder how that might count against the case in a "for ten years you didn't have a problem with it, but now you do!" way. 

It would work she just has come out and said she doesn’t want to do it cause it would put her sister IN jail .. she’s super lucky cause my ass would be at the police station filing a report I don’t care who you are you don’t steal from me when you got funds of your own 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 4/4/2023 at 11:55 AM, Stardancer Supreme said:

Hell, they could alternate songs and do a cover song for the final song together!

Ironically that is the plan. If you look at the set list in the scene the actual "final song" is both groups covering "I'm every Woman". 

This argument seems to be on who "ends" their individual group performances.  When you look at it that way, I'm actually siding with Xscape. If SWV is opening the set list, Xscape should close, then both groups are on stage for the actual final performance of "I'm every Woman". 

Watching this episode I got a little more insight on Xscape's position. As much as I prefer SWV's songs I can see that Xscape has a much more "polished" show. They sell out bigger venues and their ticket sales and profits are higher than SWV, who actually tours more than them. 

I think co- headlining was the right decision but from a business standpoint I understand Xscape a lot more clearer now. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

How would you even steal someone’s check you would have to get their social security number and forge their name … but I wouldn’t know anything about that… lol Rocky you are not a criminal genius… you literally just told on yourself my man 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

How would you even steal someone’s check you would have to get their social security number and forge their name … but I wouldn’t know anything about that… lol Rocky you are not a criminal genius… you literally just told on yourself my man 

I loved how he did that big twitch in his talking head. And what does her social security number necessarily have to do with the  deposit?

Edited by Iguessnot
  • Like 3

Rocky is dumb and a terrible liar: like a toddler with chocolate smeared on their face swearing they didn't eat the cake.

This YouTuber imitating him had me rolling! 🤣🤣🤣

Then Tosha was on WWHL saying by "open relationship" she meant they have "open communication." *GIRL!!!*

ResizedP_e84f3dac-28c0-43a9-ae1b-ba54a1ca4a9d_850161162027459.gif.d5cd35024c94033791063a91ce0d8c8f.gif

• Fire 1
  • LOL 4
11 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Rocky: If I got paid, then it's because I made the deal happened and they paid me for it!

Steady telling on himself! Just because you call it something else, doesn't mean they're lying on you. Also, now we know where the money to pay Tocha's ginormous entourage came from - all those kickbacks and Tamika's royalties!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

late to the comment party -

1) I wish they would leave the young man alone on his college plans. First of all - he is NOT in dental school now. One can't go to dental school without getting a 4 year degree first. Yes - he appears to have a nice voice, but if going to school is bringing him to tears, then it's time for plan B. 

2) I think Xscape would be a little better if one the sisters would split out. Times and life have changed more so for the 4 of them than SWV, and seeing the backstage/behind the scenes stuff is painful. Wonder what would it take to legally make them a group of three, or a new group of four.  In a few years - they will be like other groups - people want to hear the songs, regardless who is on stage. I think every summer I hear the Temptations (who subbed in/out members in their hayday) are having a concert at some summer park festival. I don't think people really care anymore who is singing "My Girl", " I Wish it would rain," "just my imagination", to name a few.

3) Who discusses a sex eroictica book project with their child ? 

4) Has either one of the groups had a new hit in the 2000s ?  I agree with one of the sisters when she said she doesn't want to be in her 60s singing "  my little secret..". That 1991 flashback vid, that a 5th member part of xscape - who they fuzzed out - what happened to her?

5) all of the petty arguing - who sings first, who sings last, - I wished the lawyers would have worked that out before the show aired. I think the 7 women work best if they just follow the script - letting them have input leads unnecessary discussions.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 3
On 3/29/2023 at 7:02 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

She isn’t having IT no more 

Sexual exploitation ?!?!?!  What did ole' dawg make  (or suggest) whom do ?????

Edited by sATL
3 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Sexual exploitation is releasing the tape 

tape of who ?  And how old is this tape? Everyone has been in a relationship for ever

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, sATL said:

tape of who ?  And how old is this tape? Everyone has been in a relationship for ever

latocha has a sex tape of her sister that she made when she was younger and was holding for her. she “claimed” someone “stole” just the tape out of her safe… then they texted her threatening to release it.. there are a shit ton of laws that IF they did “leak” it with out her permission they would be breaking and sexual exploitation would be one of them 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 2
58 minutes ago, sATL said:

4) Has either one of the groups had a new hit in the 2000s ?  I agree with one of the sisters when she said she doesn't want to be in her 60s singing "  my little secret..". That 1991 flashback vid, that a 5th member part of xscape - who they fuzzed out - what happened to her?

The 4th member is Tamera. She's one of Kandi's BFFs and has been shown on RhoA a couple times. I think she was also one of Kandi's bridesmaids when she and Todd got married. I believe she got kicked out of the group because of a fight with their manager at the time, or something. (They've had drama since the beginning! Lol!) I was surprised they blurred her out, because they've shown that exact clip before on RhoA and the other Xscape show. 

• Useful 5
On 4/6/2023 at 5:36 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

It would work she just has come out and said she doesn’t want to do it cause it would put her sister IN jail .. she’s super lucky cause my ass would be at the police station filing a report I don’t care who you are you don’t steal from me when you got funds of your own 

I think the blackmail threat ("we've got your sex tape") changes the ballgame in terms of a lawsuit. Before that I think letting 10 years go would have damaged the case, because if you didn't care about damages all that time, what's different NOW would become relevant.  Actual new evidence? Or you're just mad now about other stuff?  

However, confronting her about it and getting blackmailed about it? Oh, hell yeah. Phone the authorities.

Watching the clip of the sisters and their mom, when the "you and Rocky stole my checks" accusation came up, Mom didn't bat an eye. Imagine anybody in your family making that accusation about a family member out of the blue. Eyebrows would shoot up or down, mouths would open, eyes would blink and widen, heads would turn... that's a BIG accusation. And mom had less of a reaction than if she mentioned she had a hair appointment the next day. And of course launched straight into "turn the cameras off."

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
19 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Then Tosha was on WWHL saying by "open relationship" she meant they have "open communication." *GIRL!!!*

This was my favorite part cause you know, originally in the video she said a lot of people won't admit when they have an open marriage and that some people would keep that quiet. Makes perfect sense that she just meant open communication! Sure Jan.

Edited by SlutAssBitchAssHor
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4