Type keyword(s) to search

S29: Josh Canfield

Tommn1
  • Start Topic

Singer, Actor, Writer

Relationship to Significant Castaway: Reed Kelly’s boyfriend

Pet Peeves: Idiots, loud Americans in foreign countries, most audition waiting rooms, people who will only see one side of an argument and many more.

Official CBS Bio

Will he be able to see both sides when it comes to have his flame snuffed?

They have been dating for over two years.  I think they met in May of 2012.  Plus, Josh's father is a pastor and his brother is a missionary.  Josh also is heavily involved in a megachurch in NYC.  So, it is entirely possible that he insists on this route.

I suspect he's keeping his virginity the way some misinformed young women do.  They do EVERYTHING but. 

Yeah, I didn't hear about an engagement either.

Actually Josh is my favorite contestant right now.  I think it's going to hurt his gameplaying being with Reed.

Edited by QuelleC
Is that an oxymoron? The thought boggles my mind, and I've lived in NYC for about 25 years.

Nope.  It's Hillsong and they meet in the Grand Ballroom in the Manhattan Center.  4 services every Sunday and room for 1200 at a time.  I don't think Reed is claiming to be a virgin.  I think Josh wants to wait and he agreed.  It seems odd to me, but whatever.

Born again virgin is different than regular virgin.  Born again virgin. You make a commitment (usually religious) to not have sex again until marriage.

No way is Reed a virgin.  His last boyfriend before Josh was straight up hot.

Nope.  It's Hillsong and they meet in the Grand Ballroom in the Manhattan Center.

Wow, just looked that up. Well shut ma mouth!  

It looks more like a multinational corporation than a church.  It's even a dot.com!  But I guess that's not unusual for churches these days.

Interesting that Josh tried to reason with Jon and Jacqueline that the jury would never award the big prize to him or Reed because they're Broadway performers who make tons of money, as opposed to a lowly firefighter that the jury would think needed the bucks.

I don't know how much firefighters make, but Josh has never worked a day on Broadway as a performer.

Edited by lilly6
  • Love 1

It's funny how Reed's confessionals are spoken by Josh. It's so weird. Eiher Reed can't speak or is horrible at confessionals. Josh is driving this show & Reed is getting the invisible (and, sometimes whiny) edit.

• Love 1

Interesting that Josh tried to reason with Jon and Jacqueline that the jury would never award the big prize to him or Reed because they're Broadway performers who make tons of money, as opposed to a lowly firefighter that the jury would think needed the bucks.

I don't know how much firefighters make, but Josh has never worked a day on Broadway as a performer.

Thanks for that.  I was curious if Josh actually performed on Bway so checked here.  Isn't Reed just in a chorus, too (or was)?  Is that really that lucrative?  

Born again virgin is different than regular virgin.  Born again virgin. You make a commitment (usually religious) to not have sex again until marriage.

No way is Reed a virgin.  His last boyfriend before Josh was straight up hot.

I googled "Reed Kelly boyfriends" and all I got was Josh and Clay Aiken.  Surely you don't mean Clay?  

Reed's been consistently working since he started on Broadway more than 10 years ago.  He has been in Wicked, Addams Family (dance captain) and Spiderman.  He had a serious back injury that took him out of Spiderman for months before it closed.  He's pretty much been the star of Broadway Bares the last few years.  He was on the show Smash.  He models.  He was on the cover of Time.  He was involved with the workshop for Kinky Boots.  He works all the time.

Josh had a part as a standby in something Off Broadway last year.  That's the closest he's ever gotten. 

Reed's ex after Clay and before Josh was a dancer named Nicholas Cunningham.  Straight up hot.

Edited by lilly6

Reed's been consistently working since he started on Broadway more than 10 years ago.  He has been in Wicked, Addams Family (dance captain) and Spiderman.  He had a serious back injury that took him out of Spiderman for months before it closed.  He's pretty much been the star of Broadway Bares the last few years.  He was on the show Smash.  He models.  He was on the cover of Time.  He was involved with the workshop for Kinky Boots.  He works all the time.

Does that equal to Reed being rich? I have a friend who is a working stage actor for awhile now I know he wouldn't consider himself rich and having the chance to win a million dollars would be a big deal because it would give him some financial stability for awhile.

Edited by choclatechip45

Rich is subjective, I would say.  Reed does okay, just bought a new apartment in New York.  He's from  an affluent family.  His father was the Mayor of St. Paul.

I doubt many people would turn down a million dollars, but Reed is a working professional on Broadway and Josh isn't so Josh would need it way more.  (Unless they're getting married in which case it's a moot point anyway).

I doubt many people would turn down a million dollars, but Reed is a working professional on Broadway and Josh isn't so Josh would need it way more.  (Unless they're getting married in which case it's a moot point anyway).

Depends.  Is NY a community property state?  :)

Rich is subjective, I would say.  Reed does okay, just bought a new apartment in New York.  He's from  an affluent family.  His father was the Mayor of St. Paul.

That makes sense. When Josh said the line last night my first thought was they came from wealthy families. I think Josh said it much like Ethan did in All-Stars to get to the end and then convince the jury why they deserve to win. I had no idea he was on the cover of TIME so that makes him the second person from survivor to be the on the cover TIME after Jenna Lewis.

Edited by choclatechip45

Well, he sure got a great (non) winners edit. He drove the show for 8 episodes as the storyteller. I guess it's Jeremy's full time job now.

I have to admit I thought for sure he would either be the winner or at the very least he would make it to the final four.  I was shocked seeing him go tonight but I guess I really shouldn't have been.

I really enjoyed Josh and wouldn't mind seeing him back on an all-star season. If Julie hadn't quit and they had gone to Tribal Council as planned, it would have been Jeremy out instead and Josh would be sitting pretty (with more goats than he would know what to do with). The only thing I can really fault him for is not doing a more work to make sure Jaclyn felt comfortable staying with his alliance while Jon was away.

• Love 1
you have a worthy player like Josh getting voted out so early and that doofus Alec still there.

Josh is the better/worthy player.  Which is why Jeremy and his allies wanted him out, and the sooner the better.  It's actually a twisted compliment.  "You're good at this game, so we need you to not play anymore so we can win."  Same reasoning behind Josh wanting Jeremy out.

Alec has little chances of winning, even with a jury that would have his allies in the majority.  So he's a decent goat.  Josh was probably going to use him as such himself.

• Love 4