Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

71KROvcYRjL._SX536_.jpg
Fresh off their newly-acquired fame and success, Daisy Jones & The Six gear up to record their first album together. However, when Billy and Daisy prove unwilling to collaborate on each other’s material, they have no choice but to try and write something from the ground up together. This proves more challenging than either expected. Meanwhile, Karen sees a new side of Graham during a beach trip.

Premiere Date: March 9, 2023    Prime Video

My favorite part of this episode was Daisy pulling the "I'm going to order enough food for two people, and then declare it's all for me" cliche, followed by Billy pulling the "I'll have the same" cliche, followed by the waiter passive aggressively shoving endless plates of fries in their little stretch of counter throughout the rest of the scene. 

• LOL 2

I read the book, and I was a bit skeptical of Riley Keogh playing the part of Daisy, but I think she is doing a great job. Actually, all of the cast is very good, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

One thing that threw me was the supposed Hawaiian locale for the concert. Really? It looked like a dry bunch of hills outside of LA. The Steve Miller Band and Grateful Dead were supposed to play at this place with such a small audience? Come on!

• Like 5
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, Kenz said:

The Steve Miller Band and Grateful Dead were supposed to play at this place with such a small audience? Come on!

Daisy and the Six played at something like 1pm.  The crowds wouldn't show up until evening for the headliners.

I really am enjoying the show, especially now that Daisy has joined the band, but both she and Billy are kind of exhausting.  We know a little about Camilla, but virtually nothing about anyone else.

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 3

This is my favorite episode so far: Daisy shaking things up immediately and the other members agreeing with her takes while still trying to tread carefully around Billy, Daisy and Billy confiding in each other and figuring out how to collaborate, the song coming together at the end, Graham starting to suspect that Daisy and Billy working well together might become a bigger problem than if they didn't.

But I didn't like that Graham and Karen got together because she only realized her feelings for him after seeing him with someone else. And they were both kind of jerks to Caroline. I do like them as a couple, though.

• Like 4
18 hours ago, krankydoodle said:

But I didn't like that Graham and Karen got together because she only realized her feelings for him after seeing him with someone else. And they were both kind of jerks to Caroline. I do like them as a couple, though.

This.  This really pissed me off, and now I don't like Karen.  Or Graham either.  What a shitty thing for them to do to Caroline, but I guess it's ok because she likes Barry Manilow?  Oh fuck off.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, MaggieG said:

I'm wondering how long poor Caroline sat in her car outside until she realized Graham wasn't coming back

That was such a dick move. I couldn't believe they did that to this nice girl.

I am assuming Barry Manilow is not considered cool enough for the cool kids? I looked him up and in 1978 he was invited to perform at The Bands final performance in The Last Waltz - that's plenty cool to me.

• Like 4
On 3/14/2023 at 9:29 AM, MaggieG said:

I'm wondering how long poor Caroline sat in her car outside until she realized Graham wasn't coming back

Me too. What a horrible thing to do to her. I wish they had shown what happened. I needed closure!