Type keyword(s) to search

S44.E02: Two Dorky Magnets LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

(edited)

Matt1 getting cocky. He showed his skills at making 🔥 last week showing he practiced and now revealing he made a mock balance challenge at home to practice. I admire him doing his homework but then he does stupid things like showing his cards and falling off rocks. Right, be more like Carson who I’m going to call Harry Potter.

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Dang, does Matthew work on that contraption at home? I don’t think the guy broke a sweat.

Holy shit, he DID prep for this! I’m not sure if that’s dedication or insanity.

Just now, EllenB said:

I can just imagine a whole season of him holding his shoulder and reminding his tribe how heroic he was at every single elimination vote.

Even though Kane seems like he's on the outs, if they had lost I wonder if they would have held Matthew responsible.  They are already down one person, so I think that was a bit of a gamble putting someone injured into a challenge like that.  I guess they are lucky Matthew built a Survivor theme park in his backyard to practice these types of challenges.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

So Matthew decides to ignore the doctor's orders and play the hero in the challenge.  I mean, they won, so good for him and his shoulder I guess 

He can go anytime though.

I don't dislike the guy or anything, but last episode he foolishly climbed that rock cliff thing, which if he had fallen onto one of the sharp points he could have really messed himself up, and then just now , after the challenge, he tells everyone that he's been training hard for the show ! Not smart Does he even think before he does anything ?

• Like 5

So Carson, Helen, and Sarah want to vote Carolyn.  Problem for Sarah-she doesn’t have a vote.  But no one knows?

Yam Yam pretends to go along but tells Carolyn the scoop.  

Why Helen?  How did her name get thrown into the mix?

• Like 1
(edited)

“I’m not normal.” OH, GEE, YA THINK?!? Dang, Carolyn!

8 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

OK I take it back. Looks like you can get a 3D printer on Amazon for about $189.

Its ‘s like you don’t go and get something until you need it. I’m the same way.

Yam Yam has a palm frond hat. Of course he does.

ETA: Just remembered that YY wouldn’t have seen Cody’s hat from the prior season.

Edited by Lantern7
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Carolyn is way better at this game than they are giving her credit for.  I mean she’s smart and observant (except for when recognizing an idol).

Behind the crazy is a smart lady. 

In all seriousness, she’s the example for don’t judge a book by it’s cover. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I wish they’d vote Sarah off.  She does nothing for me. 

Uh yeah Carson, there’s been a lot of easy votes in Survivor.  And yes I realize he may be referring to the emotional side of voting someone off,  but we know some people got voted off and those left behind were glad to see them go.

• Like 2

Yes, Carson, there used to be "easy votes" all the time. We just don't have them anymore because of all the idols, advantages, twists, etc. Nobody can just vote anymore.

• Applause 4

Carson is smart like the Big Bang Theory guys. Can do smart things in a lab, but not so smart in the real world. The way he talks about himself you can see he lacks self awareness.

• Like 2

I hate the vocalization going on in the background during tribal. I know they're going for "tribal" music (?) and sound effects but it feels . . . sort of like cultural appropriation? And it makes me laugh, it's so random. They're voting and in the background you hear some guy going "OOH EE AH!!! SHAMAMAGAMA!"

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, iMonrey said:

I hate the vocalization going on in the background during tribal. I know they're going for "tribal" music (?) and sound effects but it feels . . . sort of like cultural appropriation? And it makes me laugh, it's so random. They're voting and in the background you hear some guy going "OOH EE AH!!! SHAMAMAGAMA!"

At the end of S38, I thought someone was chanting “Oy, vey, this season sucks” over and over.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
Just now, iMonrey said:

So it's not just me squicked out by that. It's awful.

• Like 1
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

I do like Carolyn. She may be odd, but she seems sweet and smart. I want her to stay. But I also want Helen to stay.

Can Sarah go? 

I thought for sure she was going to be a target when Yam Yam mentioned he thought she was hiding the idol.  I figured it was going to be set up as Yam Yam vs Sarah.  

I really don't understand the logic in voting off Helen.  

• Like 3
Just now, Pepper the Cat said:

Hmm. I wonder if one of the chess pieces is an idol. One of them looked very non chess like.

If Adam Klein was there, Jeff would probably have to go carry him back to his seat as he took too long trying to investigate every piece.

• LOL 3
Just now, Carey said:

Down goes Helen.  Nothing I hated about her.  Though at the same time it's not a huge loss off of the big picture

That might be a running theme in the next few episodes.

Just now, truthaboutluv said:

I actually like most of this tribe so honestly any of them being eliminated would have sucked. Definitely time for Roka to lose immunity. 

Yeah, I'd like them to lose solely so one tribe doesn't go into the merge with a numbers advantage like we saw with the blue tribe for S41 and 43 (maybe that's why there is no blue tribe this season.  I'd like to see the dynamics, too.