Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Not Out of the Game Yet

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Nell (773N, ha!) has a pretty nice gig-hang around all day and write the occasional obituary…. No wonder the newspaper is bleeding money, as most newspapers are these days. 

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

They did a pretty good job of making us like Lexi.

Yeah, I kinda got whiplash with the way Lexi was presented. It's a relief, though; she was really unlikable in earlier episodes.

Was that Tony Plata as the dead baseball announcer?  If yes... that man does NOT age!

I can't imagine running a restaurant would be easier than writing obituaries.

I would like to see more of Nell's family. I liked her father. I hope we eventually see the brother

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MaryMitch said:

Was that Tony Plata as the dead baseball announcer?  If yes... that man does NOT age!

If you mean Tony Plana from Ugly Betty, I'm pretty sure it was. And I didn't realize the tie-in with Gina until I said that

• Like 3
11 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

They did a pretty good job of making us like Lexi.

Yeah, she was more enjoyable this episode.

I've been having a hard time with the character because I really enjoyed Lauren Ash as "Dina" on Superstore, so I'm still trying to adjust to Lexi who is very different. (note to self: it's called acting!)

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1

I an starting to really like this series, which means it is going to get cancelled.

Hopefully there are no episodes aired out of order after last week, which gave us some character whiplash.

9 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

So how many seasons will we have to wait for Nell to start dating her roommate?

oh god, hopefully never. I hope her roommate and his girlfriend stay together and Nell finds someone of her own.

What I am wondering is how long until Nell meets someone who also sees ghosts (Perhaps the last person who had the job?)

On 3/15/2023 at 9:59 PM, chitowngirl said:

Nell (773N, ha!) has a pretty nice gig-hang around all day and write the occasional obituary…. No wonder the newspaper is bleeding money, as most newspapers are these days. 

It seems like she writes more than that - since didn't we see her with a few ghosts around her in the start of one episode? We just get to see the interesting ghosts.

• Like 4
On 3/15/2023 at 6:59 PM, chitowngirl said:

Nell (773N, ha!) 

Reminded me of an old commercial for the Palm Pilot PDA (I think) which involved a contestant in a game show that was cheating with the PDA, and came up against the question "Which US President resigned?"  He was holding the PDA upside down and answered "NOXIN".

And yes, the Mud Hens (Toledo) are a real team.  Somehow, minor leagues have it all over the majors when it comes to humor.  The Albuquerque Isotopes, Missoula Paddleheads, Amarillo Sod Poodles, Rocket City Trash Pandas...

I got a kick out of Lexi's dad getting outed on the remote.  And then he got fired.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Tony Plana is 70? He has aged very well and I still love him. His voice would have made the perfect baseball announcer in real life- what a wonderful character.

I really hope they don’t have Nell date her roommate. I am enjoying them as platonic roomies turned to friends. 

• Like 5

I think dating a roommate in general is a risky plan, but I love the roommate and if they weren't roommates, I'd love to see them dating... though I don't think Nell is even close to deserving him at this point. She is still an inconsiderate, erratic mess.

I am curious about his girlfriend, who is always off-screen.

What is his name, anyway? I still can't remember it, even after a bunch of episodes. But I'd like him to be my roommate-- the perfect combination of clear communication, consistency, and not needy.

We haven't seen the dog in a while, have we? I wonder if they decided to pretend there never was a dog.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I think dating a roommate in general is a risky plan, but I love the roommate and if they weren't roommates, I'd love to see them dating... though I don't think Nell is even close to deserving him at this point. She is still an inconsiderate, erratic mess.

I am curious about his girlfriend, who is always off-screen.

What is his name, anyway? I still can't remember it, even after a bunch of episodes. But I'd like him to be my roommate-- the perfect combination of clear communication, consistency, and not needy.

We haven't seen the dog in a while, have we? I wonder if they decided to pretend there never was a dog.

Roommate’s name is Edward. I’m not sure he could stand dating Nell with all her messiness. We did see his girlfriend via his video call with her in one episode

• Useful 1
On 3/18/2023 at 1:12 AM, Dowel Jones said:

And yes, the Mud Hens (Toledo) are a real team.  Somehow, minor leagues have it all over the majors when it comes to humor.  The Albuquerque Isotopes, Missoula Paddleheads, Amarillo Sod Poodles, Rocket City Trash Pandas...

And the Lansing Lugnuts! Since we're roughly in the middle between Lansing and Toledo, we go to see both teams when we can.

I spent the first 15 minutes of the episode going, "Aww, I'm so happy to see Jane reunited with her dad again!" and then it occurred to me that, DUH, kirinan, Tony Plans was on Ugly Betty, another show I loved. But honestly, he and Gina Rodriguez had that kind of chemistry, too. And she also had that wonderful dad-daughter chemistry with the actor who played her father in this episode. I hope Dad comes back, and we get to see the rest of her family. 

Make room for me on the "please don't date Edward" train. I really like Edward and his quirks, and I like his growing friendship with Cricket, and I see no reason whatsoever to make him and Nell romantic, showrunners. Let them continue to be roommates and friends; it won't ruin the show. There will be someone else who comes along for Nell, I'm sure of that.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, kirinan said:

Make room for me on the "please don't date Edward" train. I really like Edward and his quirks, and I like his growing friendship with Cricket, and I see no reason whatsoever to make him and Nell romantic, showrunners. Let them continue to be roommates and friends; it won't ruin the show. There will be someone else who comes along for Nell, I'm sure of that.

Yeah, I like Edward better than Nell and IRL I wouldn't wish someone so messy on him. But this is TV, and on TV, unfortunately, there must always be a "ship". I'm just suspicious of what the writers have planned for him because they have him spending his free  time with Nell and her friends for no particular reason. Plus, they haven't introduced anyone else to "ship" her with.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1