Type keyword(s) to search

The Traitors in the Media

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, MicheleinPhilly said:

I stopped watching Survivor AGES ago and I still think I've seen him play that like 3 times. Does he do anything else besides competition shows? 

I feel like I remember him doing a home renovation show that I didn't watch... 🤔

(edited)

Yea, I think he might have had a home show at some point, so still TV. He's maybe the biggest reality tv fame whore of all time tbh.

Sadly I guess lol I know all but 3 of them. I didn't know the Sam guy by name but then I saw he was Britney Spears' ex. Which, ew lol. And ew to Tom Sandoval, too. 

I hope Tom or Rob are banished/murdered first.

I also don't really care for Tony or Jeremy either. 

Excited for Danielle, Britney, Carolyn, and Bob the Drag Queen. 

Interested to see how Ciara does. This doesn't seem like her kind of thing.

Edited by peachmangosteen
(edited)

Is Baldwins’ Series a Brazen Move? Did Evil Ruin Bacon for You? Season 3 Traitors Predictions? What Is House of Usher Easter Egg? More TV Qs!
BY VLADA GELMAN, MATT WEBB MITOVICH, DAVE NEMETZ, KIMBERLY ROOTS, REBECCA IANNUCCI, RYAN SCHWARTZ, ANDY SWIFT   JUNE 7, 2024
https://tvline.com/features/alec-baldwin-reality-series-pending-rust-manslaughter-charge-tv-questions-1235254453/ 

8 | The Traitors fans: Who would you choose to be traitors from the Season 3 cast? Is Tom Sandoval too on the nose? And won’t Boston Rob just get voted off immediately, whether he’s a traitor or a faithful?

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

I think they will keep Rob around for a while as a shield.  He will always have the bigger target and they will try to hide behind him. 

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I pray everyone is right about Rob going first.

When I read this at first, I read:

”I pray every night about Rob going first.”

Then I realized I’m an idiot and you didn’t write that. 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

I think they will keep Rob around for a while as a shield.  He will always have the bigger target and they will try to hide behind him. 

I think they may as well just make him a traitor. Obviously, a few people are also Survivor players and they are fully aware of who Rob is and how he plays. For the people that don’t know who Rob is, word will spread and they’ll figure it out. If Rob is not a traitor, it just feels like people will assume he is.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

It will be interesting to see how Robyn Dixon without Giselle Bryant (Real Housewives of Potomac) navigates in a situation by herself. sink or swim, but I don’t hold out much hope for her being an evil genius….

• Like 1

'The Traitors' Stars Give Their Predictions for Season 3
Parvati Shallow, Kate Chastain, and Trishelle Cannatella give their picks of who will do well, and what they hope happens to Tom Sandoval.
MIKE BLOOM   JUNE 11, 2024
https://parade.com/tv/the-traitors-season-3-cast-parvati-shallow-kate-chastain-trishelle-cannatella 

You can check out the full video of the panel below from Peacock, which includes behind-the-scenes details from Season 2. The Traitors is currently streaming on Peacock. 

• Like 1
(edited)

The Traitors and Alan Cumming won 4 Critics Choice Real TV Awards...

Critics Choice Real TV Awards 2024: See the Full List of Winners
By Nicholas Rice   June 16, 2024
https://people.com/critics-choice-real-tv-awards-2024-winners-8663479 

Best Competition Series
The Amazing Race (CBS)
RuPaul’s Drag Race (MTV)
Squid Game: The Challenge (Netflix)
Survivor (CBS)
Top Chef (Bravo)
The Traitors (Peacock) -- WINNER
Best Ensemble Cast in an Unscripted Series
House of Villains (E!)
The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City (Bravo)
RuPaul’s Drag Race (MTV)
The Traitors (Peacock) -- WINNER
Vanderpump Rules (Bravo)
We’re Here (HBO)

Best Show Host
Will Arnett – Lego Masters (Fox)
Terry Crews – America’s Got Talent (NBC)
Alan Cumming – The Traitors (Peacock) -- WINNER
Kristen Kish – Top Chef (Bravo)
Keke Palmer – Password (NBC)
RuPaul – RuPaul’s Drag Race (MTV)

Male Star of the Year
Jerrod Carmichael – Jerrod Carmichael Reality Show (HBO)
Alan Cumming – The Traitors (Peacock) -- WINNER
Bertie Gregory – Animals Up Close With Bertie Gregory (Nat Geo WILD)
Eugene Levy – The Reluctant Traveler With Eugene Levy (Apple TV+)
RuPaul – RuPaul’s Drag Race (MTV)
Gerry Turner – The Golden Bachelor (ABC)

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
(edited)

Alan Cumming Inks First-Look Deal With NBCUniversal On Heels Of ‘The Traitors’ Success
By Nellie Andreeva   June 20, 2024
https://deadline.com/2024/06/alan-cumming-deal-nbcuniversal-the-traitors-1235978877/ 

EXCLUSIVE: Alan Cumming, the host and producer of Peacock’s reality phenom The Traitors, has signed a first-look producing deal with NBCUniversal. The pact spans scripted and unscripted content for NBCU’s portfolio of brands.  

The Traitors, which was renewed for a third season in February, has been a commercial and critical hit for NBCU’s Peacock. The launch of its most recent second season ranked as the #1 unscripted series on streaming in the US, according to Nielsen’s viewership estimates for the week of the premiere. Season 2 spent a total of five weeks on Nielsen’s Top 10 streaming originals chart.

Having secured its first Emmy win in Season 1 for Outstanding Casting for a Reality Program, The Traitors is riding a Season 2 momentum coming off four 2024 Critics Choice Real TV Awards — the most of any series — including Male Star of the Year and Best Show Host for Cumming. 

Currently in production on Season 3 in Cumming’s native Scotland, The Traitors, whose cast mixes reality stars and celebrities from other areas, is a psychological murder mystery game ruled by treachery and deceit.

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1

Just noticed my DVR is recording Season 2 of the Traitors on Bravo today. It didn't have S2E1 and it doesn't look like it will nave S2E12. Sneaky how they do that. I did a search and no other airings of the show have come up to catch E1 or E12. The only way I could watch them is to pay peacock or something. 

I get what they're doing. It's shady as hell trying to force people to subscribe or buy. First season, I remember they aired the first 3 episodes on cable, then went to streaming and months later aired the whole thing on cable.

11 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

How are they forcing people to subscribe or buy?

Bravo aired every episode but the finale. That is kind of a dick move lol.

Although, I think Peacock probably has a free trial so you could just get that to see the finale.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Bravo aired every episode but the finale. That is kind of a dick move lol.

Although, I think Peacock probably has a free trial so you could just get that to see the finale.

They aired the finale. I watched it. They didn't air the reunion. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 6/23/2024 at 5:07 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Well then, they haven't been dicks at all lol. I guess your DVR just didn't pick up the first and last eps for some reason @Lurk.

I got episodes 2-11 which is all but the first and the reunion. That's OK though. Didn't matter so much missing the first episode. The reunion would be fun to see. Reunions usually are entertaining.

8 hours ago, meep.meep said:

I think they also showed it a few weeks ago on E

I think I had set my DVR to record the series when they showed S1 E1-2 or 3 on Bravo before they moved to Peacock. So it just automatically started recording this season on Bravo.

• Useful 1
(edited)

From the 40th Television Critics Association Awards (held Friday night)...

TCA Awards: Shōgun, Hacks, Baby Reindeer, Doctor Who and Traitors Among Big Winners
BY MATT WEBB MITOVICH   JULY 12, 2024 
https://tvline.com/awards/tca-awards-2024-winners-list-shogun-hacks-1235281548/ 

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN REALITY
The Amazing Race, CBS
Conan O’Brien Must Go, Max
Jerrod Carmichael Reality Show, HBO
The Traitors, Peacock — WINNER
Top Chef, Bravo
We’re Here, HBO
Welcome to Wrexham, FX

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

The Traitors got 4 nominations for the 2024 Emmy Awards, including a nom for Outstanding Reality Competition Program...

76th Emmy Awards Complete Nominations List
https://www.emmys.com/sites/default/files/Downloads/76thnominations-list-v1.pdf?q=2024&q2=

• Outstanding Cinematography For A Reality Program
  • Outstanding Directing For A Reality Program
  • Outstanding Host For A Reality Or Reality Competition Program [Alan Cumming]
  • Outstanding Reality Competition Program
  • Like 2
On 6/23/2024 at 3:02 PM, DEL901 said:

If you are in Canada, CTV is broadcasting season 2 starting Thursday.  

Late to the party but Crave has both seasons available as well as the other versions. Just binged Season 2 and now I'm onto the AU version.

Ben Archard ('The Traitors' director) on how 'the traction around this series' just keeps growing
GoldDerby / Gold Derby   Aug 8, 2024

• Thanks 2

‘The Traitors’ Scores Two-Season Renewal at Peacock
The pickup will take the Alan Cumming-hosted competition show through its fifth edition.
By Rick Porter   August 14, 2024
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/the-traitors-renewed-season-4-5-peacock-1235974349/ 

The NBCUniversal-owned streamer has ordered two more seasons of the show, which will take The Traitors through its fifth installment. The pickup comes after season two of the series earned four Emmy nominations — including nods for best reality competition program and outstanding host for a reality show in Alan Cumming — and several months before season three‘s planned premiere in early 2025.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)

Includes teaser for S3 (near end of article)...

Alan Cumming Insists, “I Act My Socks Off in ‘The Traitors’”’
BY TYLER COATES   AUGUST 11, 2024
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/alan-cumming-interview-the-traitors-1235967217/ 

Any darkness amid the treachery and murder is undercut by an inherent joy and silliness — all heightened by Cumming’s performance as the host, flamboyantly dressed in various eye-popping fashions. Cumming admits that the gig didn’t come naturally at first. The actor treats the character — Alan Cumming — as any other role, and the performance begins once he steps into his fantastic wardrobe. “Being on a film, you get dressed in the morning, get into your costume and makeup and hair,” says Cumming. “That is very important for me, to understand who the character is.” 

The show, too, is all about performance: The only way to win the game is by deceiving the others in the mansion, friendships and strategic alliances be damned. “We all lie, but we forget to see when people are lying or have to lie [to us],” explains Cumming of the show’s intrigue, especially for viewers who may not follow competition series like Survivor or The Challenge. “It’s a sociological thing. We’re a secret camera, getting to watch people do stuff we never normally get to [see].” 
“That’s when the game works best, when people come on and understand their role,” says Cumming, who prepares for an upcoming season by understanding the contestants’ personal brands. One might assume that the alumni from Survivor, Big Brother and The Challenge would out-skill and outsmart, say, a former Bachelor or Real Housewives castmember, but Cumming notes that the latter figures are often more adept at deception. “The theory that gamers do better in this show … I think a lot of people underestimated [the Housewives].” (Real Housewives of Atlanta and Married to Medicine star Phaedra Parks deserves to be a frontrunner in a hypothetical Emmy race for best reality competition contestant for her scene-chewing work on The Traitors.)

Also serving as a producer, Cumming excels at hosting — and recalling his iconic role as the Emcee in Cabaret, which won him a Tony award, it seems like a perfect gig. That he earned his fifth Emmy nomination for The Traitors feels particularly sweet considering his four previous noms: three for his role of Eli Gold on The Good Wife and one for co-hosting the Tony Awards with friend Kristin Chenoweth in 2016. “I act my socks off in The Traitors, just like I did on The Good Wife, and it’s this very juicy thing like I do in the theater or would do at the Tonys,” Cumming says.
The host is excited for a shocking third season, about which he is mostly mum — but he teases one player’s particularly devious roundtable performance. “I can’t wait [for you to see] who it was, what it was — they were lying so profusely and dramatically. They were giving me a run for my money!” he says, recalling that his producer told him via earpiece that even he was losing his poker face. That technical detail — being fed lines and direction in his ear — has been the biggest skill to pick up. “I like having a little earpiece in,” Cumming says with a laugh. “I feel like Jennifer Aniston in The Morning Show, but with better clothes.” 

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 4
(edited)

Alan Cumming won the Emmy for Host of a Reality or Competition Program...

Emmys 2024: Pat Sajak, The Traitors, Blue Eye Samurai and Shark Tank Among Early Winners — View Full List
By Matt Webb Mitovich, Claire Franken   September 7, 2024 
https://tvline.com/lists/emmys-2024-creative-arts-winners-list/ 

HOST FOR A REALITY OR COMPETITION PROGRAM
RuPaul Charles, RuPaul’s Drag Race
Mark Cuban, Lori Greiner, Kevin O’Leary, Barbara Corcoran, Robert Herjavec and Daymond John, Shark Tank
Alan Cumming, The Traitors — WINNER
Kristen Kish, Top Chef
Jeff Probst, Survivor

Edited by tv echo
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3