Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E13: Past History

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Danny and Baez race against the clock to catch a serial killer targeting young women across the city. Also, Erin and Eddie clash when Eddie intervenes in a murder case and Erin's personal life; and Frank must decide how to discipline his grandson Joe Hill (Will Hochman) when Joe breaks protocol while working on a joint task force with the FBI, on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, Feb. 10 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Joe Hill needs to learn on how to communicate with the Police Commissioner in a respectful manner.

I love the final scene between him and Frank. We get a glimpse of not only Joe Sr. but Mary Reagan too. Precious memories! 😥

Danny’s case is interesting but it doesn’t have a proper build-up for me to care about it. It’s rushed.

Am gonna pretend the rape/stabbing case doesn’t exist in this episode because both Erin and Eddie are f-king annoying.

• Like 2

At first I understood Eddie's interest in Jack and Erin's divorce. I saw it as part of her detective/investigative instinct; she wanted to know how and why something happened. I don't understand her intense desire to get them back together. It's as if she thinks that if she can get Jack and Erin back together, that will somehow ensure the sucess and longevity of her marriage.

I am not a fan of serial killers so I'm dissapointed this series is doing another arc with one. 

Joe may be frustrating at times, but it's still enjoyable to watch. It's also something we haven't seen before. He's a different type of character.  

• Like 3

It was nice to get a peek at the Reagan siblings as kids in the home movies. I knew that Jamie was the youngest but I don't think I realized by how much. He looked so little standing next to the others. Can someone remind me of the birth order? Joe was the oldest but who came next? Is it Danny or Erin?

• Like 2
14 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I really enjoyed the old home movies, but you'd think they'd have already shown them to him about three years ago, when they first found each other. 

Right? That was so odd. He never got to know his dad and they've been sitting on home movies of his dad for all of these years? Like...huh?!

• Like 3

very unsatisfying episode.

Danny and Baez's case - From the moment that doctor "appeared" and started to help them, heaping praises on the killer (he's very intelligent) and giving all sorts of diagnoses and insights (he's bi-polar) without ever meeting the killer just screamed that it was the doctor. But is that the end of it? are there other victims - the doctor said so, but ...? has this guy got followers like in The Rookie or The Following or The Mentalist? (hint - it's been done to death)

Eddie/Erin - Gawk.  Why - if Anthony was still investigating did the Grand Jury meet? Why was there no scene where butinsky Eddie learned she was wrong? Usually Eddie is vindicated because her instincts are proven right, but this time she not only was wrong but likely helped a killer get off scot-free. Some sort of scene with her realizing her error was needed. Maybe she needed to be at Anthony's knife reveal or the knife reveal needed to be after the Grand Jury in Erin's office with Eddie there. Jack I don't care about - he is a hired gun to get people off regardless of guilt, but Eddie was so misguided here it was horrid. The whole ending of that reveal (the woman was likely guilty) was also weird for Blue Bloods and more of a L&O ending.

And finally "on tonight's Blue Bloods, Joe Hill gets into trouble for going rogue and then has a blow out with the PC. - again".  It's getting tired. And doesn't the Frank lock his backdoor? A scene inviting Joe over would have explained the waiting bourbon and queued up family movies. Sloppy writing/editing. 

was there a fourth story? I kind of ran out of cares.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, zapper said:

Eddie/Erin - Gawk.  Why - if Anthony was still investigating did the Grand Jury meet?

I wondered the same thing, you never saw this as  a plot device before.  Erin jumped the gun?  the whole 'Jack' thing was beyond weird.  They have been divorced probably 3 times longer than they were married.  What flame is Eddie going for?  And she was never around when Jack was in the picture, how can she possibly speak to how they belong together?  Stupid story filler.  This whole season is just unwatchable it feels like.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, zapper said:

Danny and Baez's case - From the moment that doctor "appeared" and started to help them, heaping praises on the killer

Yep. That was a 300 pound Acme Anvil. But the doctor screwed up. he hand wrote his notes. Get a sample of his handwriting and it's game over. And NO killer is so perfect at his craft as to not leave some form of trace evidence, not appear on someone's video recording, forget to leave a cell phone behind, and so on. He might be able to sneak his way into the loony bin instead of a PMITA state prison, though, but premeditation was obvious, and the note to the newspaper would be proof of sanity and cunning. He's toast.

1 hour ago, zapper said:

Why - if Anthony was still investigating did the Grand Jury meet?

Yeah that was crazy. But a question for those familiar with criminal procedure in the state of New York: Is it possible to present the case to a Grand Jury a second time if new evidence has been discovered? Double Jeopardy would obviously apply to an acquittal at trial, but I don't think that's the case for a Grand Jury appearance. Erin had more than enough to get an indictment, IMHO, but you never know.

If Jack is that hot of a criminal defense attorney, he likely works at a big Manhattan law firm or would at least have a couple of partners in a small office. Why not just get another lawyer from the firm to represent her?

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, jabRI said:

...  Erin jumped the gun?  the whole 'Jack' thing was beyond weird.  They have been divorced probably 3 times longer than they were married.  What flame is Eddie going for?  And she was never around when Jack was in the picture, how can she possibly speak to how they belong together?  ...

if this show turns out to be a 13 season arc for Erin and Jack getting back together, or a giant dream sequence, I will be asking for a refund.

• LOL 1
12 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Yeah that was crazy. But a question for those familiar with criminal procedure in the state of New York: Is it possible to present the case to a Grand Jury a second time if new evidence has been discovered? Double Jeopardy would obviously apply to an acquittal at trial, but I don't think that's the case for a Grand Jury appearance. Erin had more than enough to get an indictment, IMHO, but you never know.

Double Jeopardy does not apply. Perhaps that's why Erin wasn't mad at Eddie in the end, because she impaneled another Grand Jury (even though yes, it clearly seemed like Erin was saying she wasn't going to be doing that, because the show is dumb).

Tom Selleck really got to show some very good acting between him and Joe Hill, showing emotion when talking about his deceased son, you could see him near tears but not quite, a true actor he is.  Need more emotional scenes, don't see that so often on bloods.

• Like 3
On 2/14/2023 at 10:01 PM, meeeechiganman said:

Tom Selleck really got to show some very good acting between him and Joe Hill, showing emotion when talking about his deceased son, you could see him near tears but not quite, a true actor he is.  Need more emotional scenes, don't see that so often on bloods.

I think the scenes between Joe and Frank were the best and most emotional parts of the episode, especially the home movies at the end

I think I pegged the Doctor as the serial killer about midway through him profiling the killer

• Like 2
On 2/11/2023 at 8:24 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

I really enjoyed the old home movies, but you'd think they'd have already shown them to him about three years ago, when they first found each other. 

Yeah. And watching Joe's face as he was seeing his father...that was some nice acting. 

• Like 1