Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E13: Call Me Fatty Patty

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Ugh, it looks like we're going to have to suffer with Jack McBrayer.  They just can't get one thing right on this show....

Can a black bear or a brown bear just get him? (the character not the actor). I hate the character.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Ugh, looks like we're stuck with Jack McBrayer permanently. Because this show has apparently decided that it hates me, personally. 

Its too bad, there was still a lot to like in this episode, but McBrayer and his one note character is so annoying I couldn't even enjoy any of the decent bits. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Gideon is awful, and Kat was really annoying, too. But what I don’t really understand is Max’s character. In one episode, he’s a binge-drinking alcoholic. In other episodes, he’s really serious about his music. In this one, he’s a man-child who is practical joker. They’ve dropped the alcoholism (thank God). They’ve kind of dropped the music. And I’m sure we’ll never hear about Max being a barely functional adult again. 

If Hulu didn’t keep reminding me of new episodes, I’d probably forget to watch. 

• Like 9

Kat has become OTT annoying.  She's becoming a cringe queen.  Sheila was oh so very lucky that she wasn't on the RV road trip.  The only funny thing said was Randi telling Carter this is on them because they went camping with white people.

No cats either, just Sheila forgetting to watch them.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, Peppermint Patty said:

Gideon is awful, and Kat was really annoying, too. But what I don’t really understand is Max’s character. In one episode, he’s a binge-drinking alcoholic. In other episodes, he’s really serious about his music. In this one, he’s a man-child who is practical joker. They’ve dropped the alcoholism (thank God). They’ve kind of dropped the music. And I’m sure we’ll never hear about Max being a barely functional adult again. 

Someone on Reddit compiled a list of all the sub-plot and and characterization dead-ends on this show since it began and even factoring out the ones involving Leslie Jordan's death there were so many it would make your head spin.  After seeing it all on one page  I honestly would question the sanity of anyone approving and then discarding all of that.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 2/3/2023 at 8:30 PM, CrystalBlue said:

Kat has become OTT annoying.  She's becoming a cringe queen.  Sheila was oh so very lucky that she wasn't on the RV road trip.  The only funny thing said was Randi telling Carter this is on them because they went camping with white people.

No cats either, just Sheila forgetting to watch them.

Yes. That seals the deal. Sheila is a piece of shit person in every way. 

• Like 2

I've  met Amish people and seen a lot of them and Gideon's character is nothing like any Amish person I have heard of.  The only thing Amish is his clothes and only partially so. They should have just had him be a rube from the sticks and it would have worked just as well.  Little known fact, the city we vacation at in Florida, has a Amish/Menonite vacation community.  I've even seen Amish people at the beach. Not in bathing suits though.  

I see no chemistry between Kat and Max.  And I'm saying that as a big Mayim fan.  I want to love this show, but I just can't.  I guess I miss Lesley too much.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
On 2/5/2023 at 3:52 AM, chediavolo said:

Yes. That seals the deal. Sheila is a piece of shit person in every way. 

I agree.  I see nothing redeeming about her character in any way.  And while I like the actor, I hate the Gideon character.  He adds nothing and it annoying.

• Like 4
17 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

I've  met Amish people and seen a lot of them and Gideon's character is nothing like any Amish person I have heard of.  The only thing Amish is his clothes and only partially so. They should have just had him be a rube from the sticks and it would have worked just as well.  Little known fact, the city we vacation at in Florida, has a Amish/Menonite vacation community.  I've even seen Amish people at the beach. Not in bathing suits though.  

I see no chemistry between Kat and Max.  And I'm saying that as a big Mayim fan.  I want to love this show, but I just can't.  I guess I miss Lesley too much.

The biggest thing to me with Gideon’s clothes is that Amish don’t use buttons

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
On 2/2/2023 at 12:43 AM, Yeah No said:

Ugh, it looks like we're going to have to suffer with Jack McBrayer.  They just can't get one thing right on this show....

I just came on here to say he was also on The Conners last night as one of Darlene’s interviewers. I mean it was bad enough that I am putting up with him on Thursday nights on Fox but now he shows up on The Conners too? Good gosh. Thank goodness Darlene didn’t get that job. (I’m not excusing Darlene for her behavior last night but he’s so annoying.) CMK should have kept Vicki Lawrence and kept it in the family! 

• Like 4