Type keyword(s) to search

One Tree Hill - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Avabelle said:

When is the air date? I couldn’t find it anywhere..

The 21st I think. There’s a trailer on Spotify. 

has anyone seen the hotels.com commercial with Chad Michael Murray in it?

I listened to the first episode of the podcast Bethany, Sophia and Hilarie are doing Drama Queens- after the introductory episode, they are going to go episode by episode and review. The first one was good fun, Sophia recalled her film role in Van Wilder and I thought "I remember that!" 

• Love 2
On 6/9/2021 at 2:31 PM, sara416 said:

After I chimed in here, I went and binged that last season. There's so many issues with it, Mouth being "fat" and that whole story line is probably the lowlight. I still cried during the last episode. I have an almost pavlovian crying response to Gavin DeGraw's "Soldier" because of another association I make with it. But there is something about watching a cast cry knowing that it isn't the characters, it's the actors since this is their final show just makes me weepy. It's ridiculous. 

This storyline with Mouth is ridiculous. I’m shocked by it.

This is the best the writers could come up with??? Never mind that although 30-40lbs in a year is a bit of weight to gain (excepting a pregnancy which wouldn’t apply to Mouth), people are acting like he was a candidate for “My 600 Pound Life”; and after Millie’s drug problem she has a lot of nerve being mean to her boyfriend over a little weight gain.  

I am kind of interested in how Anton Tanner felt about this gig, it was pretty steady for him but he disappeared for half of season 8 and likely came back for 9 because it was the last season- did they write him out because of his prison sentence?(Social Security Fraud) Hilary Burton said on the Drama Queens podcast that he had kids when they started this show. (He was born in 1975)

WHAT??? Clay has a baby????? Who’s been taking care of the boy all this time??? How do you just block out that you have a child but manage to be “functional” in every other aspect in your life?

Okay so Sara’s parents have been taking care of him (thank god). I am glad the baby was safe. Did they send him to the facility to see if Clay would remember him?

I still don’t know why Nathan was kidnapped. 

I am glad Lucas didn’t come to say goodbye to Dan. And I’m glad Dad realized he didn’t deserve it. 

The makeup people did a good job, Dan looks like shit. 

He made peace with Deb- good good. No Deb wasn’t responsible for Keith’s death, but I understand how she could feel guilty. 

Paul Johansson is a fucking TALENT. I have never seen these scenes, but I am glad Nathan and Dan had that “dream sequence” of Dan’s where he really explained why he killed Keith. Paul is talent because while you still HATE DAN, and think he’s evil, you get it. He was so honest - as dying people tend to be I guess. This was a fitting ending for Dan- he lost his life protecting Nathan, but that doesn’t mean everyone was required to forgive him. 

Im still loving that line from season 6 I think, where Whitey asks Dan “Did you love him (Keith)?” And Dan says “Not enough.”

So on the second episode of the Podcast, Hilarie said how hot Craig Sheffer (Keith) was and how all the girls thought he was so cute. Craig isn’t a bad looking man but he’s no Paul!

• Love 4

Ummm Clay wouldn’t need to adopt his own son, just have the grandparents relinquish custody. There might have been a hearing with a judge to determine that he was of sound mind to raise the child since he did technically abandon him. 

After they were married Quinn could adopted Logan via step parent adoption but that takes more time than it takes to sign a piece of paper!

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

So on the second episode of the Podcast, Hilarie said how hot Craig Sheffer (Keith) was and how all the girls thought he was so cute. Craig isn’t a bad looking man but he’s no Paul!

I remember Craig Sheffer from 80s and 90s movies such as Some Kind of Wonderful and a River Runs Through It.  He was really cute when he was younger.

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Paul Johansson is a fucking TALENT. I have never seen these scenes, but I am glad Nathan and Dan had that “dream sequence” of Dan’s where he really explained why he killed Keith. Paul is talent because while you still HATE DAN, and think he’s evil, you get it.

I was only familiar with him before One Tree Hill when he was on Beverly HIlls 90210 where he played a jerk frat boy and the soap opera Santa Barbara where he played a nice guy.  He played both very well. Even with me seeing him play a real dick on 90210 I was surprised how good he was at playing Dan who was way beyond what John Sears was on 90210.

• Love 2

@ifionlyknew he was in A River Runs Through it!!!! I should watch that again. I forgot. 

Where'd Chase get the money to buy Tric?

I guess Jana Kramer had a scheduling conflict because I really thought her character Alex and Chase were going to end up together.

They couldve let James’ hair grow out for that final scene, come on! After Dan died they could’ve wrapped this up in one last episode.

I am finally glad after all these years I finished out the series.

THANKS GUYS! Time to finish up Dawson’s.

Edited to add- I learned Jana Kramer left the show in the beginning of the season to focus on her music. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

@ifionlyknew he was in A River Runs Through it!!!! I should watch that again. I forgot. 

I watched it a couple months ago.  Between him and Brad Pitt (and of course the scenery) there was a lot of beautiful things to look at.

• Love 1

On this episode of Drama Queens:

I am loving these women and their chemistry, but things I had to note, I have NEVER thought Bethany Joy was much of a singer. She isnt awful, but professional quality?? What are people hearing that I am not hearing? I didnt know she toured and has sang with Gavin DeGraw, I always thought that it was odd they made Haley a singer in season 2, but that was inspired by Bethany Joy- I am not hearing anything special. 

I cannot wait until they have guest stars. Having just rewatched the series (thank you all for getting me through the slog of season 8 and season 9) I would be interested in hearing from Moira (Karen), Antwon (Skills) and Jackson (Jaime- Jackson is now 20).

I am sure I will be back in the thread this week giving my thoughts on the podcast.

Lee Norris is a guest star! He is such a joy. I loved how he talked about some of the problematic things for Mouth (like the smashing of Brooke's window, the fat suit etc), and how they didnt really want to make him a regular because he didnt look a model. I for one, of course didn't condone the smashing of Brooke's window out of jealousy, but I didn't mind it as a plot point because Mouth immediately realized that what he did was awful, motivated by jealousy, and he confessed and fixed the window ASAP. I don't mind our teen characters making mistakes so long as they learn from them.

Hilarie points out that Mouth was the "every man". Lee Norris is a nice looking guy by "regular people standards" (and he did have a fit body), but he was the "every man" the point of view of the audience sometimes.

• Love 3
On 7/6/2021 at 3:57 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I am loving these women and their chemistry, but things I had to note, I have NEVER thought Bethany Joy was much of a singer. She isnt awful, but professional quality?? What are people hearing that I am not hearing? I didnt know she toured and has sang with Gavin DeGraw, I always thought that it was odd they made Haley a singer in season 2, but that was inspired by Bethany Joy- I am not hearing anything special. 

I cannot wait until they have guest stars. Having just rewatched the series (thank you all for getting me through the slog of season 8 and season 9) I would be interested in hearing from Moira (Karen), Antwon (Skills) and Jackson (Jaime- Jackson is now 20).

I am sure I will be back in the thread this week giving my thoughts on the podcast.

No singer will be to everyone’s tastes, but she does have a 4 octave vocal range, which probably makes her “ good” at least technically speaking.

• Love 3
On 7/16/2021 at 1:21 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah- I’m only able to follow because I started in October. 

@Tara Ariano & @Sarah D. Bunting are the best recappers in their “Again with This” podcasts. 

That was the first podcast I ever listened to!

On another note, I am finally watching Six Feet Under for the first time and Julian appears in two episodes as this young stoner guy. He is super young and has floppy blond hair! 

• Love 1

On Episode 5 of Drama Queens: Barbara Alyn Woods guest stared- such fun. 

Why did Deb marry Dan? Well I think that Dan was better at hiding his jerk tendencies when he thought he was living the life. Deb was pregnant, and her family came from money- I think Dan wanted to marry her because saw a life of glory with her. I think she wanted to marry him because she thought he was going places and was attracted to him; and she was pregnant. She didn’t know about Karen until they were married, Nathan was a few years old and they were back in Tree Hill. I do find it odd that in a town that small the boys never had to interact until varsity basketball although they went to the same school. 

Episode 6 of Drama Queens: The ladies question why Karen and Keith never got together before the events of season 1, why she didn't dig him over Dan, or at least why Keith never made his feelings plain. 

In this OTH episode, Deb gives Keith a pep talk to go after Karen. Having just rewatched this, I get why Karen and Keith didn't get together when they were young, I don't think Keith went away to college (he likely started working in the garage after HS), but I think he was a few years older than Dan (maybe 3-4) so him macking on Karen wouldnt have been appropriate even if he thought she was pretty (and he was an honorable dude). When Dan left Tree Hill and Karen was pregnant, and then had Lucas, I think Keith thought Dan would eventually "man up". Karen was clearly in love with Dan, and Keith may have liked her, but he was concerned about being a good uncle and cleaning up after Dan's, mess. Also, who wants a woman who is clearly in love with another man (that man being your brother).

I dont know when Keith & Dan's parents passed away (they are both dead before the show starts) but Keith being Keith I could see him wanting to keep the peace but still be there for Lucas and Karen. I think he just didnt have the balls to tell her how he felt, and he was likely afraid she wouldnt really want HIM, just a surrogate Dad to Lucas. I think when it was clear that Lucas was practically grown, and Karen still wanted him, he was confident in them being together. 

• Love 1

Keith and Dan's parents were still alive in season 1 and show up for dinner.  Their father, Royal, was kind of an ass (big surprise) and is mad because Nathan had temporarily given up basketball at the time of the episode.  I think they lived far away and probably never appeared again though.  I can't remember if Royal had any connection to Lucas in the episode, I'm drawing a blank.  He may have tried to go see him without Dan knowing?  (I haven't seen the episodes for a very long time, but sometimes something will pop in my brain.)

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

Keith and Dan's parents were still alive in season 1 and show up for dinner.  Their father, Royal, was kind of an ass (big surprise) and is mad because Nathan had temporarily given up basketball at the time of the episode.  I think they lived far away and probably never appeared again though.  I can't remember if Royal had any connection to Lucas in the episode, I'm drawing a blank.  He may have tried to go see him without Dan knowing?  (I haven't seen the episodes for a very long time, but sometimes something will pop in my brain.)

How did I forget about this?? Thank you! So they were not deceased. Maybe I thought they were because they never show up again?

My brain is juggled now, this is the episode where we learn about when Dan got injured in college and they (he and Deb) fight about how they both gave up their dreams to raise Nathan, and Deb reminded him not to blame her for his choice not to try to rehab his knee. 

But we had no info about them and their lack of relationship with Lucas. It also seems that Karen didnt have any extended family either.

• Love 1

On Episode 7 of Drama Queens:

Too bad they couldn't get Bryan Greenberg to guest star, they talked about him and the type of guy he was to work with, along with his character and the introduction to baby Jenny. 

Yes, it was very odd the girls didn't have parents, Haley made sense, her parents were "off screen" in season one, but narrative wise she had them, and she was always at Lucas' being supervised by Karen. Peyton's mom is deceased, and his Dad works out of town, but she doesn't have a guardian checking on on her or anything?? They could have had another adult male, maybe a younger cousin of her Dad, live next door and act as her guardian, he could've shown up sometimes and flirted with Karen before she got with Andy and then Keith. Brooke's parents were always doing whatever (we did not even get a Dad for her until Season 9), and she like Peyton had no parents/guardians, but Peyton's dad a legitimate reason.

I think the ladies were right, the writers were focusing on the brothers and their relationship and didnt pay the women any mind. Also hiring actors is expensive.

• Love 2

This week on Drama Queens- they had the lead hairstylist on as a guest star! That was pretty fun, to hear from the crew about their experiences. Post on Hilarie’s Instagram about the experience working with Jojo (the lead hairstylist). The ladies are having fun, but I have this criticism of Jennie & Tori’s 90210mg podcast- they suck at recapping!! I rewatched the entire series from October to July, and I barely remember because there were so many episodes. 

• Love 2

I laughed at Jojo, who I am assuming is referring to he who shall not be named, as "leather pants".

The recapping does not bother me too much, because I enjoy hearing who or what they are speaking about. Though I admit that I am probably more familiar with first season episodes, because it is the season that I have rewatched the most. It might bother me a bit more when they are talking about episodes or entire seasons that I have not rewatched that much. I think some episodes of the podcast they have done a better job recapping than others.

• Love 1

I am enjoying this podcast, I like the guest stars, so far they have had Anton, Lee, Barb and some behind the scenes people. They just released their episode with Paul, which I want to give my full attention to.

The ladies are fun, but unless you LOVE the show, or have recently rewatched you wont have any idea what is going on storyline wise. Their discussion of the industry as young actors is good, but they still suck at recaping. I have noticed that Sophia has not mentioned her relationship with Chad AT ALL. I am not trying to violate anyone's privacy but I do wonder if their divorce played into Brooke and Lucas' breakup, with Lucas and Peyton being end game.

• Love 1

It definitely played into it. I fully believe had they remained a solid couple in real life Bruce’s would have played out for a lot longer and possibly have been endgame.

On the latest one with Paul Johanssen it was really obvious they’d had a few drinks as they were so emotional talking to him. 

• Love 2
On 9/28/2021 at 1:12 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I am enjoying this podcast, I like the guest stars, so far they have had Anton, Lee, Barb and some behind the scenes people. They just released their episode with Paul, which I want to give my full attention to.

The ladies are fun, but unless you LOVE the show, or have recently rewatched you wont have any idea what is going on storyline wise. Their discussion of the industry as young actors is good, but they still suck at recaping. I have noticed that Sophia has not mentioned her relationship with Chad AT ALL. I am not trying to violate anyone's privacy but I do wonder if their divorce played into Brooke and Lucas' breakup, with Lucas and Peyton being end game.

Yes yes, to all the bolded especially.  Half the time, I have no idea what they are talking about story-wise, and I have re-watched season 1 many times, so I will be totally lost when they get to later stuff.  And I think you were the one who mentioned Tori & Jennie on 9021OMG being bad at it too.  I listen to Rachel Bilson and Melinda Clarke's The OC podcast, and they do a much better job recapping and talking about the episode, than the 90210 & OTH girls do.

On 9/28/2021 at 4:12 PM, Avabelle said:

It definitely played into it. I fully believe had they remained a solid couple in real life Bruce’s would have played out for a lot longer and possibly have been endgame.

On the latest one with Paul Johanssen it was really obvious they’d had a few drinks as they were so emotional talking to him. 

OMG yes, they were annoying me with the constant screeching and EXCESSIVELY loud laughter, at things that were not that funny.  And Sophia's "Mmms" and all of their "Awws" were getting on my nerves.  Wasn't thinking about the fact that they all were probably a little tuned in, since they did keep bringing up drinking wine with Paul. 😄

Edited by Miss Bones
  • Love 2

I have been listening to the episodes out of order, I finally got around to 114 where Paul Johansen was a guest star.

Paul Johansen (John Sears/Dan Scott) is sharing with the ladies about his upbringing with the toxic masculinity of his violent father (who suffered from alcoholism and was abusive, but it was alluded to that he got sober and stopped being abusive by the time Paul was an adult). Paul thought he would enter the priesthood after he couldn’t play basketball any more- he said he didnt have sex or date really until after High School (that is what was implied).

When he didn’t get on the Olympic team for Canada and then started acting he decided he wanted to be a Dad, so the priesthood wasn't an option any more. It’s amazing how things “look”. This big tall gorgeously handsome man was once a vulnerable little boy who  wanted to serve others- I guess all big tall handsome men were once little boys. And the most handsome men can be insecure about their romantic relationships (Paul was so drop dead handsome, and tall and built I am sure there were people just throwing themselves at him and he might not have noticed!)

It seems like he took his childhood experiences and brought them into the role of Dan, who was clearly emotionally abusive and a broken man. My heart does hurt for the little Paul who was hurt by his caregivers.

• Love 3

I'm just watching this for the first time believe it or not and I am amazed at how every character has an accelerated life. 

I am up to Season 6 so far. You have Nathan and Haley who got married while still high school, rock star, pro athlete, 5 year old kid and they are still only 22! They are both attempting comebacks to their careers when most people that age are still just working out what they might want to be. 

Peyton and Brooke run their own businesses. Brooke seems to be insane wealthy. Lucas has written two books! Even minor (and annoying) characters like Mouth are stars. Kind of amazing really but then it is TV. 

The amount of psycho's this town has had is also rather worrying! 

• Love 3

@LadyIrony welcome! Mouth’s career seems to have only been the “semi realistic” one of the bunch. A job out of college, a bad boss, a great opportunity after that. I did always love Mouth as a character though. 

I always wondered what qualified Peyton to run a recording studio? I know she had an internship in LA. They moved Peyton from visual art to music because of Hilarie’s background with TRL but still. Was it Andy (Karen’s husband) that invested in Red Bedroom? I can believe Haley had some money from her song writing, and Nathan’s grandparents might have had a trust fund for him (also I could see Dan moving his assets into Nathan’s name when he confessed to murdering Keith). 

At least Skills, as a HS basketball coach after college was grounded in reality. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

@LadyIrony welcome! Mouth’s career seems to have only been the “semi realistic” one of the bunch. A job out of college, a bad boss, a great opportunity after that. I did always love Mouth as a character though. 

I always wondered what qualified Peyton to run a recording studio? I know she had an internship in LA. They moved Peyton from visual art to music because of Hilarie’s background with TRL but still. Was it Andy (Karen’s husband) that invested in Red Bedroom? I can believe Haley had some money from her song writing, and Nathan’s grandparents might have had a trust fund for him (also I could see Dan moving his assets into Nathan’s name when he confessed to murdering Keith). 

At least Skills, as a HS basketball coach after college was grounded in reality. 

Thanks for the welcome!

True about Mouth, he always had an interest in sports announcing and went to college for it as well as having a slower progress than the others. I don't know about him being a hot chick magnet though!

Haley, although talented seemed to hit the big time very fast. 

Peyton is an issue for me. She presents herself as this edgy music lover but in reality she loves some really mundane stuff. She also gets Haley in to produce things. I don't think she really knows much about music itself and is even average when it comes to the business side. 

I thought it was Brooke's mother who was funding the studio? It was a byproduct of clothes over bros? 

Here's something else that is weird for me. Why is Haley working as a teacher? They have this huge house and you would think that if things were that tough they would just sell up? No way would a teacher's salary support that mansion. It doesn't add up for me. 

I think Dan would have assets stashed everywhere, he was keen to get rid of most of his prison money!

Skills is realistic. Skills with Deb? Hmmm not so much maybe! 

On another note, I am enjoying how Non PC the show is, just little things that you don't see anymore in TV shows. 

Edited by LadyIrony
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, LadyIrony said:

On another note, I am enjoying how Non PC the show is, just little things that you don't see anymore in TV shows. 

I like that they had the closeted bisexual girl call Peyton gay slurs when she tried comforting her at the dance. It was so true to life back then and you're never going to see that on current shows/movies aimed at teenagers.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I like that they had the closeted bisexual girl call Peyton gay slurs when she tried comforting her at the dance. It was so true to life back then and you're never going to see that on current shows/movies aimed at teenagers.

Yeah I thought that too. Now you may still have someone going against her or Peyton but you wouldn't have that kind of insecurity on the Gay/Bi persons part it would be very bold. 

I think it was more realistic the way they portrayed it. 

There were other things too, the amount of drinking and sex these kids do. The fights etc. 

The way Gigi behaves especially as intern is totally over the top and now days with Metoo would be frowned upon. I know it's just a show but Mouth should have told her to settle down. The way the women dress like hookers even at kids parties and funerals is interesting too. 

Maybe I'm watching the wrong shows but I can't think of anything like this now, especially aimed at a teen audience. 

• Love 1
On 11/16/2021 at 5:55 PM, LadyIrony said:

Yeah I thought that too. Now you may still have someone going against her or Peyton but you wouldn't have that kind of insecurity on the Gay/Bi persons part it would be very bold. 

I think it was more realistic the way they portrayed it. 

There were other things too, the amount of drinking and sex these kids do. The fights etc. 

The way Gigi behaves especially as intern is totally over the top and now days with Metoo would be frowned upon. I know it's just a show but Mouth should have told her to settle down. The way the women dress like hookers even at kids parties and funerals is interesting too. 

Maybe I'm watching the wrong shows but I can't think of anything like this now, especially aimed at a teen audience. 

There was a move after this show into the more genre shows- like Vampire Diaries, Riverdale, the DC comics universe etc. aimed at teens but with the supernatural/sci fi elements. The pure relationship driven dramas are rarer these days. 

• Love 2

So I am nearly done, up to Season 9 now. It seems they could have finished the show at Season 6 as it felt like an ending and then again at the end of Season 8. Season 9 seems like a mess. They have thrown so many stories in here it is like Soapie overload!

Nathan's Rambo like rescue was amusing and again I felt like they could have ended it there but alas two more eps to go! 

I have to say I don't really care about Clay and his past. I could have done without that as he is not an original character and not even a Scott. The Xavier storyline just seemed another throw in. 

Mouth getting fat was just stupid. 

I would have liked to see Lucas and Peyton return, I know Luke did briefly but I would have liked to see him longer. Still two eps to go but I won't hold my breath. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, LadyIrony said:

So I am nearly done, up to Season 9 now. It seems they could have finished the show at Season 6 as it felt like an ending and then again at the end of Season 8. Season 9 seems like a mess. They have thrown so many stories in here it is like Soapie overload!

Nathan's Rambo like rescue was amusing and again I felt like they could have ended it there but alas two more eps to go! 

I have to say I don't really care about Clay and his past. I could have done without that as he is not an original character and not even a Scott. The Xavier storyline just seemed another throw in. 

Mouth getting fat was just stupid. 

I would have liked to see Lucas and Peyton return, I know Luke did briefly but I would have liked to see him longer. Still two eps to go but I won't hold my breath. 

I think they didn’t know if they would get Season 9, so that’s why 8 was written as it was (essentially wrapped up) and then 9 was short with a bunch of random storylines. 

• Love 1
On 12/1/2021 at 10:24 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I think they didn’t know if they would get Season 9, so that’s why 8 was written as it was (essentially wrapped up) and then 9 was short with a bunch of random storylines. 

Yeah seems to be the case. I would have preferred them to finish it earlier. Season 8 was a mess. It was fun even when it was really bad though!

• Love 1

I started rewatching this when the Drama Queens podcast first came out but they're not so great with the recapping and I generally remember enough to follow what episode discussion there is so I kind of fell off. A few days ago I decided that I wanted to rewatch after all (I'm now up to 02x09) and I've forgotten how much I genuinely enjoy this show though that enjoyment changes some after S06. I'm not a Leyton shipper and neither Lucas or Peyton are my favorite character but the dynamic is just different, for now though I'm just enjoying the early years. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Im getting back into the Drama Queens podcast, they are starting Season 2- I wonder what they have to say about Nathan and Haley's marriage. Not only was a marriage at 16 just LOOPY, they were dating for a portion of BASKETBALL SEASON. This was not two 18yrs olds who had been childhood sweethearts (still weird but okay), they had only been dating a few months!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think they acknowledged in season one it was weird although they are shipping them.

The podcast lately annoyed me in that I feel the episodes are also acting as an ongoing promo for Sophia’s tanking show. Like the last 20 minutes of the live drama queen show was an interview with Skye Marshall from Good Sam. Wtf?! She has zero connection to One Tree Hill. Sophia has already interviewed her on her work in progress pod so this was just redundant. The show is clearly getting cancelled so it’s annoying that they keep trying to promote it through drama queens podcast.

• LOL 1
On 3/27/2022 at 12:00 PM, fromtheashes said:

I started rewatching this when the Drama Queens podcast first came out but they're not so great with the recapping and I generally remember enough to follow what episode discussion there is so I kind of fell off. A few days ago I decided that I wanted to rewatch after all (I'm now up to 02x09) and I've forgotten how much I genuinely enjoy this show though that enjoyment changes some after S06. I'm not a Leyton shipper and neither Lucas or Peyton are my favorite character but the dynamic is just different, for now though I'm just enjoying the early years. 

I found grown up Haley and Nathan to be kind of dull and their kid is quite obnoxious at times. I am not sure if there would have been much difference if Lucas and Peyton would have been the ones left to carry the show. Although it would have lost the basketball focus the show was built on. 

I mentioned before that a lot of the characters on this show have really accelerated lives, they are all super achievers for the most part. 

The early seasons are the best. 

On 4/12/2022 at 1:34 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Im getting back into the Drama Queens podcast, they are starting Season 2- I wonder what they have to say about Nathan and Haley's marriage. Not only was a marriage at 16 just LOOPY, they were dating for a portion of BASKETBALL SEASON. This was not two 18yrs olds who had been childhood sweethearts (still weird but okay), they had only been dating a few months!

I laugh at how much stuff this show did that I doubt you could get away with now. Teen pregnancy and marriage, teens often drinking! Women flaunting themselves lol. And how many psychopaths can one town have?

Nathan seemed to change a little suddenly as well in my opinion. 

On 4/12/2022 at 6:14 AM, Avabelle said:

I think they acknowledged in season one it was weird although they are shipping them.

The podcast lately annoyed me in that I feel the episodes are also acting as an ongoing promo for Sophia’s tanking show. Like the last 20 minutes of the live drama queen show was an interview with Skye Marshall from Good Sam. Wtf?! She has zero connection to One Tree Hill. Sophia has already interviewed her on her work in progress pod so this was just redundant. The show is clearly getting cancelled so it’s annoying that they keep trying to promote it through drama queens podcast.

I saw Chicago PD before One Tree Hill so was surprised to see Sophia in OTH when I started watching it rather late. I haven't seen her new show as to me she is more of a support actress than the star. 

I don't listen to the podcast but that would annoy me too if she is bringing in people unrelated to OTH to promote shows etc. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, LadyIrony said:

I found grown up Haley and Nathan to be kind of dull and their kid is quite obnoxious at times. I am not sure if there would have been much difference if Lucas and Peyton would have been the ones left to carry the show. Although it would have lost the basketball focus the show was built on. 

I mentioned before that a lot of the characters on this show have really accelerated lives, they are all super achievers for the most part. 

The early seasons are the best. 

I laugh at how much stuff this show did that I doubt you could get away with now. Teen pregnancy and marriage, teens often drinking! Women flaunting themselves lol. And how many psychopaths can one town have?

Nathan seemed to change a little suddenly as well in my opinion. 

I saw Chicago PD before One Tree Hill so was surprised to see Sophia in OTH when I started watching it rather late. I haven't seen her new show as to me she is more of a support actress than the star. 

I don't listen to the podcast but that would annoy me too if she is bringing in people unrelated to OTH to promote shows etc. 

I don't mind it. I quite like Sophia Bush personally (so I am probably bias) but its her podcast, if she want to talk about other stuff, that's her pejorative. From what I have heard it doesnt DOMINATE, its primarily still about OTH. I wouldn't mind if the other ladies did that either. Joy has also talked about her other projects. 

(bolding mine) Yes, that is usually the nature of TV dramas though- most people have dramatic "sections" of their lives, births, deaths, breakups, trauma etc, but for the average person, most days are the "dull" events, work, meal prep, managing finances, spending time with loved ones etc. That doesnt make for the most engaging tv. Everything is heightened. 

• Like 1

Watching this show again and still enjoying it. I was very late to the series anyway first time viewing was 2021! It still holds up well given it is 20 years old now. Despite having seen it before I don't remember it 100% so was surprised Chris Keller (ick!) turns up as early as Season 2, I thought that was later on. 

Happy the Felix storyline didn't last very long. 

Up to Season 4 at the moment. Lucas is embracing his writing now that basketball is no longer possible. 

Dan murdering Keith is still an amazing story line for me, no cameras, no one suspects anything? How does Dan get (or Keith) get into the school given the cops had already surrounded it by the time Dan got there. 

The show is pure fantasy, I know and it only gets crazier after Lucas and Peyton leave. I would have liked to see them do more with the Goth Girl Glenda Farrell she seemed interesting and a nice balance against the more glam girls of the shows. 

Watching the show it is like they had several ideas of how it should work and decided to go with all of them! And how many psychopaths can one town have!

On 4/12/2022 at 1:34 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I always got the impression Nathan married her so they could have sex. Haley was adamant about no sex before marriage. 

• Like 2