Type keyword(s) to search

One Tree Hill - General Discussion

• Start Topic

They left after season 6.

What is more confusing about Nathan and Haley is that I don't think Nathan was actually drafted.  He was contacted by Seattle and told they were going to draft him (which was confusing because he wasn't the #1 pick, but maybe all teams above Seattle had tipped their hand about who they were taking), but he was thrown through the window before the draft happened.  I remember them showing a clip of the draft and the commissioner announcing someone else as Seattle's pick.  Maybe the house was supposed to have been purchased with Haley's music money.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, KWalkerInc said:

They left after season 6.

What is more confusing about Nathan and Haley is that I don't think Nathan was actually drafted.  He was contacted by Seattle and told they were going to draft him (which was confusing because he wasn't the #1 pick, but maybe all teams above Seattle had tipped their hand about who they were taking), but he was thrown through the window before the draft happened.  I remember them showing a clip of the draft and the commissioner announcing someone else as Seattle's pick.  Maybe the house was supposed to have been purchased with Haley's music money.

(Bolding mine)- this is possible. If Haley had writing credits on the songs that did well on tour or for Christmas Keller later she will be getting checks until the copyright runs out (which will be after she’s dead), given Tree Hill is a small town I could see them buying a house with that money if they invested it well. Also Deb’s parents had money (they gave Dan the money to start his dealership)— I could see them having a trust for Nathan when he turned 21 and the money could be from that. But they don’t actually say. 

• Love 2

So I'm thinking the show must not have been renewed when they filmed the s6 finale? That would have been a great series end, and the fact that they dragged it out for 3 more seasons really speaks to why those seasons were what they were. I'm hesitant to start s7 & just rewrite my own history that s6 was it. 

• Love 2
On 1/16/2021 at 11:13 AM, CaliforniaLove said:

So I'm thinking the show must not have been renewed when they filmed the s6 finale? That would have been a great series end, and the fact that they dragged it out for 3 more seasons really speaks to why those seasons were what they were. I'm hesitant to start s7 & just rewrite my own history that s6 was it. 

That’s what my friend said (she was ending her rewatch as I was starring it). I don’t even remember much of Season 7 besides Nathan’s sports agent (who I recognized when he stared in iZombie) and Haley’s sister getting together, Haley’s Mom dying and ummm that’s it. I also remember Julian and Brooke because Sophia Bush & Austin Nichols were together IRL. 

• Love 1
On 1/8/2021 at 8:58 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

I was mistaken. The dog has not eaten the heart. Dan had to get "Misery" style kidnapped by Nanny Carrie first & now I'm to where they kill poor Q...which speaking of Q, I think it's fucked up that he had a brother that was Jamie's age, yet felt compelled to give Jamie his special box that he kept treasures in as a little boy. 

That always bothered me! I think writing in a little brother for him must have been an afterthought, because that was just terrible. From what his little brother was like after he was killed, they clearly had a really good relationship, so why was he making Jamie into his little mascot?

• Love 4

Can someone please explain to me what’s Peyton’s issue with Julian? They were together, and she was still in love with another man, he breaks up with her clearly and directly because of that yet he’s a jerk because she thinks he had sex with someone else at Sundance?

He broke up with her clearly and directly before he left because SHE was still into someone else a year later. And HE’S a jerk because he had consensual sex as a single person with another single person??? I don’t get it. 

• Love 2

So you know I am no fan of Dan, I think he’s scum, but he did have a bit of a point with Deb. 

I’ll never forgive him for killing Keith (I loved Keith), but he did it because he thought Keith had tried to kill him in a very gruesome way(burning to death). Now he doesn’t have a right to be pissed about Keith and Deb because he and Deb were ALREADY SEPARATED when Keith & Deb slept together.  

But Deb did try to kill Dan, so yeah she should feel guilty about that (but not Keith’s murder) liked her break up with Skills- I do think large age gaps can work just fine, but if one party wants bio kids and doesn’t have any yet that’s a big consideration. At this point Skills is 23 and Deb is 42(I’m assuming she had her 19th bday before Nathan was born or close to it)- Deb only had one child and he’s an adult, I 100% understand her not wanting to have more kids (bio or adopted). 

2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Just started season 7. I really enjoyed Robert Buckley’s acting when he was on iZombie, so he should add something to the show. 

He started out strong (with "fortitude", if you will 😆), but by the end Clay & Quinn were insufferable and CHEESY. To be fair, they didn't have much to work with by way of the writing, but MY GOD...their story started to seem like a 12 year-old was writing scenes for a 7th grade play.

ETA: this is from memory, I haven't started s7 on the rewatch yet.

Edited by CaliforniaLove
  • Love 3

Season 6 and 7 are probably the only ones I haven't see a million times, so I think I'll jump in on a more structured rewatch with you guys now. I remember the Clay and Quinn storyline similarly, that it started out strong but then became just so insufferably cheesy. 

• Love 1
On 1/26/2021 at 11:25 AM, Scarlett45 said:

I’ll never forgive him for killing Keith (I loved Keith), but he did it because he thought Keith had tried to kill him in a very gruesome way(burning to death). Now he doesn’t have a right to be pissed about Keith and Deb because he and Deb were ALREADY SEPARATED when Keith & Deb slept together.  

I also thought that Dan in part killed Keith because he was jealous that Keith was with Karen and was going to adopt Lucas, even though Dan did nothing but treat them like crap pretty much all the time.  I remember Dan parking across the street from the house and stalking them, and Keith came out and told him to go home.  I don't know what was harder to take prior to Dan's confession--his reunion with Karen, or Lucas calling him "Dad" (before he started investigating things).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, KWalkerInc said:

I also thought that Dan in part killed Keith because he was jealous that Keith was with Karen and was going to adopt Lucas, even though Dan did nothing but treat them like crap pretty much all the time.  I remember Dan parking across the street from the house and stalking them, and Keith came out and told him to go home.  I don't know what was harder to take prior to Dan's confession--his reunion with Karen, or Lucas calling him "Dad" (before he started investigating things).

Yes that too. Dan was certainly crazy jealous of Keith, and an awful brother, but I don’t think he would’ve tried to kill him if he didn’t think Keith tried to burn him alive first (again I can’t stand Dan, he’s scum). The look on Dan’s face when he learned that it was Deb that tried to kill him was priceless (Paul is an excellent actor).

Also at the end of season 6, when Whitey asked Dan “did you love him(Keith)?” And Dan says “not enough”- I think that’s the most true statement to come out of Dan’s lips.

Dan was upset that everyone loved Keith more (because Keith was a better person!) But I do actually think Dan regrets killing Keith, not just because he got caught but because Keith is gone now. 

• Love 1

Hmmmm, I wonder who Jana is talking about..

“I did all my scenes with Stephen. I had very few scenes with James,” Kramer, who joined the CW show in 2009, said. “When I was on the show there was just some, not cattiness, but just, ‘You can’t talk to this person if you’re friends with this person.’ So, I wasn’t very close to James because of certain situations on the set at the time.”

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jana-kramer-details-divide-on-one-tree-hill-set-it-was-hell/amp/

On 2/3/2021 at 6:48 PM, Avabelle said:

Hmmmm, I wonder who Jana is talking about..

“I did all my scenes with Stephen. I had very few scenes with James,” Kramer, who joined the CW show in 2009, said. “When I was on the show there was just some, not cattiness, but just, ‘You can’t talk to this person if you’re friends with this person.’ So, I wasn’t very close to James because of certain situations on the set at the time.”

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jana-kramer-details-divide-on-one-tree-hill-set-it-was-hell/amp/

I wonder as well. 

Im getting back into Season 7.  No one would care this much about Nathan having a child outside of his marriage  (even if it was true). 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I wonder as well. 

Im getting back into Season 7.  No one would care this much about Nathan having a child outside of his marriage  (even if it was true). 

And how many times is Mouth going to risk/lose his job for refusing to report about Nathan's scandals? Sorry, but that DOES make him crappy at his job & not deserve to be on air!!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

And how many times is Mouth going to risk/lose his job for refusing to report about Nathan's scandals? Sorry, but that DOES make him crappy at his job & not deserve to be on air!!

I feel like they could've done so much more with Mouth, but after Lucas left so far he isn't doing much. Lee Norris does have a really nice body, and can handle more emotionally heavy storylines. I LOVED his work around the school shooting, Jimmy, not wanting to believe Jimmy killed Keith etc. Even the whole storyline with his emotional affair with Gigi was pretty realistic etc. 

• Love 2

I totally agree. Something went amiss with the character of Mouth in S7. I'm about halfway through, and he was all but a non-entity in a storyline where his live-in girlfriend became a raging cokehead. It's unfortunate too, because his tearful reactions were so much better performed than Millie's "look at me! I'm hopped up on coke!!" performance. 

• Love 2

Also, while I personally love Sophia Bush, it tracks that she would be the source, simply for the fact that she dated a few costars & I can see where that could definitely cause rifts (maybe she was jealous of Bethany while dating James Lafferty, and she went through a marriage/divorce with Chad so I can't even imagine what that caused). There's also the Mark Schwan thing so he could be "the one" as well. 

• Love 1

Jamie sucks. He becomes so obnoxious this season. I'm on the episodes where Haley's mom is dying so she has to have a one-on-one scene with every cast member.  She's talking to Jamie about his grandpa (her husband...aka Huey Lewis), and Jamie says he really doesn't remember him. Really you little shit?! You don't really remember a grandpa who was a part of your life for the first 4-5 years of it,  and gave you your favorite stuffed animal, yet you're legit obsessed with "Grandpa Dan" who was in prison for the first 5 years of your life? I can't with these people. Then Haley wailing about how everything will fall apart once her mom dies...uhhh, the mom who hasn't received a mention since season 2? I don't even remember an episode referencing that Haley's dad died.

• Love 4

I remember writing a comment on the TWOP board at the start of season 7 about how I thought that Robert Buckley's character was going to come across a woman who looked exactly like his dead wife Amanda Schull, and then become obsessed with her. The first part happened, though the second part was flipped. I still remember people on the board, when that plot happened, actually taking out my quote and saying "Look at that date- way before any of this should have been written. Is Schwann reading the boards?" LOL. I still like to think that I gave them that idea. LOL.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I can't believe there was a throwaway part that basically confirmed a "Brooke/Peyton" hookup! Brooke gave Julian her diary to give him more insight into the "Brooke Davis" character & she suddenly tears out a page she doesn't want him to read. He asks why & she says "oh, it's just about a time Peyton & I went fishing!", and she tears it up & puts it in her mouth.  Never noticed that. 

• Love 1
On 2/18/2021 at 10:01 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

I can't believe there was a throwaway part that basically confirmed a "Brooke/Peyton" hookup! Brooke gave Julian her diary to give him more insight into the "Brooke Davis" character & she suddenly tears out a page she doesn't want him to read. He asks why & she says "oh, it's just about a time Peyton & I went fishing!", and she tears it up & puts it in her mouth.  Never noticed that. 

I didn’t know “going fishing” was a euphemism for hooking up! Would’ve gone right past me. 

I don’t think Bethany Joy Lenz is a good singer. She’s not bad, but in no way is she so exceptional I would think she could go on tour. Thinking of actors on the CW who actually can sing- like Grant Gustin (he was on gLee first)......yeah no. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I don’t think Bethany Joy Lenz is a good singer. She’s not bad, but in no way is she so exceptional I would think she could go on tour. Thinking of actors on the CW who actually can sing- like Grant Gustin (he was on gLee first)......yeah no. 

Omg, and besides the live performances, and strange attempts at making her Gwen Stefani Jr, the amount of times it was obviously her warbling over a scene was ridiculous. 

I finished. I think all I can say is that they gave the hardest zero fucks ever for a series finale. They jumped ahead 8 or 9 years & didn't even have James Lafferty grow his "shaved head #3 clippers" out for a week before shooting the last scene. I guess it's better than the end of Harry Potter where they made 35 year olds look 67, but still...

On 2/26/2021 at 10:44 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

Omg, and besides the live performances, and strange attempts at making her Gwen Stefani Jr, the amount of times it was obviously her warbling over a scene was ridiculous. 

I finished. I think all I can say is that they gave the hardest zero fucks ever for a series finale. They jumped ahead 8 or 9 years & didn't even have James Lafferty grow his "shaved head #3 clippers" out for a week before shooting the last scene. I guess it's better than the end of Harry Potter where they made 35 year olds look 67, but still...

I am still on season 7 (almost the end), I have had a lot of "life" going on, and I admit I am so bored by this season, but I am determined to finish it.

Never mind, I wrote this post twice and was all kinds of wrong both time. This show went on way longer than I thought it did!

Edited by sara416
Wrong information

I am in Season 8, Clay and Quinn have been shot, Quinn has woken up and Clay is still in the coma. Brooke's financial problems and securities fraud with the company- Victoria is many things, but she has never been stupid. I do not believe she would break the law and risk both she AND Brooke going to prison by committing financial fraud. I think they did this just to shake up Brooke's life, as she was just too happy with Julian.

I can tell Sophia and Austin Nichols were together here, their smiles and chemistry is just too good. I watched John Tucker Must Die the other day to prep for its review on a podcast, and Sophia, as pretty as she is, just gets more prettier with age. As she gets older her face becomes finer and more sophisticated I think. They also do her makeup really well. 

• Love 1

So I was listening to the Beverly Hills 90210 Show podcast, and our own Paul Johansson  (who played John Sears on 90210), was aiming to be an Olympic basket ball player for Canada! He was cut a few weeks before the 1988 Olympics in Seoul, and that’s why he decided to go into acting. His role on OTH makes so much sense although we didn’t see Dan physically play a lot, but Paul would have the technical knowledge of the game which would help him in the part. 

• Useful 2

I’m Season 8 episode 15 or something, and I swear nothing is happening.

I know Bethany was pregnant and that’s why they wrote it in, and we are seeing her pregnancy progress (she looks beautiful by the way), but damn this is BORING. 
Brooke & Julian got married- what is Brooke doing for money? I figured when she liquidated Clothes Over Bros she kept her personal residence and enough to pay the light bill? I assume Julian has enough to live on between films. 

Nathan’s storyline is boring, Quinn and Clay are okay, but there’s no conflict after the stalker woman was located. 

Jana Kramer’s character is singing.....(makes sense). Guys this is dull. 

I’m still in season 8. This season is so damn boring. 

Edited to add: the last episode of season 8 (yay) season 7 wasn’t great but we at least had some decent storylines with Nathan’s career, Haley losing her Mom, Quinn & Clay’s romance……this season was a bunch of waiting around for Julian & Brooke’s wedding. 

I admit the outline of Brooke’s stomach shadow during pregnancy was cute. 

im committed to finishing this series, but I’m not enjoying it right now. Does season 9 get better?

20 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

im committed to finishing this series, but I’m not enjoying it right now. Does season 9 get better?

Not that I remember. But I think it is very short. And I still cried like a fool at the last show, because I am a sucker for series finales. I haven't kept up with this OTH rewatch, but let me know what you want to tackle next and maybe I'll hop on. 

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, sara416 said:

Not that I remember. But I think it is very short. And I still cried like a fool at the last show, because I am a sucker for series finales. I haven't kept up with this OTH rewatch, but let me know what you want to tackle next and maybe I'll hop on. 

I’m still doing Dawson’s Creek (I just started season 5 of that)- I don’t have anything else that would be good and light hearted off the top of my head. Maybe iZombie? I did enjoy that a lot when it was on air. 

After I chimed in here, I went and binged that last season. There's so many issues with it, Mouth being "fat" and that whole story line is probably the lowlight. I still cried during the last episode. I have an almost pavlovian crying response to Gavin DeGraw's "Soldier" because of another association I make with it. But there is something about watching a cast cry knowing that it isn't the characters, it's the actors since this is their final show just makes me weepy. It's ridiculous. 

• Love 2

As much as I hate how Dan got “redemption” after murdering Keith, I do take some satisfaction that Karen and Lucas never forgave him and wanted nothing to do with him after he was released. If memory serves, the last scene they ever had with him was just them just giving him death stares and walking off without so much as a word. Or am I remembering it wrong.

Also glad that Jimmy’s mom got the chance to slap the shit out of him. He deserved that and worse.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Avabelle said:

Yes my friend texted me about this yesterday! I love podcasts and will be listening. It’s perfect because I will have just finished the series.