Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

How long has Dottie's mom been living with them rent-free?  A big chunk of that loan should be a gift. 

Did you mean Bob’s mom Dottie or Abishola’s mom?

1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

I'm really annoyed that they still have Christina working as the janitor. Like really, show?

Yeah. I'm just trying to trust that there will be some final denouement in which Christina comes out ahead of all of them.
Like maybe she has some investment from her time at the other company that will pay out after all of Bob's and Dottie's money is gone. 
Or maybe she'll get a multi-million dollar settlement when the guy that set her up does it to others and she is part of a class action law suit or something.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Why isn't Christina speaking up?  I'm just finding her accepting this role as "janitor" so meekly unbelievable.  I'm hoping that at the 11th hour when everything is falling apart she swoops in to save the day and they're shamed into giving her a better position.  If that isn't the ultimate goal with this, then WTF, show?

• Like 2
  • Love 2

yeah WTF with these crazy plot lines? MaxDot Manufacturing is not taking MaxDot money? Why the fuck not? It's a spinoff company maybe, but it IS actually related to the company. What is this with taking private money to fund it? None of this makes any damn sense. And if it did need private money, there's still no mention of Bob just selling his stupid yacht or whatever.

I'm sick of Christina as janitor too. God, this show is chore to watch now.

• Like 6
  • Love 5
Just now, Harvey said:

Yikes. Based on the reception here, I guess I'll just skip this episode. This show is going downhill FAST.

The nurses' strike parts might be worth watching. Maybe because my elderly mom died in hospice care during the pandemic, I appreciated them showing that the nurses were really dedicated to their patients.

The parts with Bob talking to the clogged sewer drain could have been funny but were not.

• Love 4

Bob needs a business plan and probably a loan to launch his new factory. Who pays for a project like that with cash? And without knowing how much things like roofing will cost, before they start?

Did they get new writers this season? THe show used to be funny.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Bob needs a business plan and probably a loan to launch his new factory. Who pays for a project like that with cash? And without knowing how much things like roofing will cost, before they start?

Bob did get a loan, using his house as collateral. 
But, IDK, don't loan officers these days (after the 2008 Savings & Loan crash) want business plans?

12 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I don't know why Bob didn't just buy/partner with an already running sock manufacturer from the U.S. It would have been so much easier and made way more sense.

More and more I read these comments and am convinced that the writers are trying to use a formula to write comedy that consists of writing down what most reasonable people would do, and then having the characters do the opposite. 
While I think this could work on occasion, it is definitely not a short cut to producing comedy scripts.

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

While I think this could work on occasion, it is definitely not a short cut to producing comedy scripts.

More often it is a short cut to producing idiot plots.  (Caution: link goes to TV Tropes, which is fun but a major time sink.)

• Like 1

Bob wants this to be a separate company from MaxDot — he’ll have to have other clients,too. Does he think he can beat the price and quality of the imports with enough margin the make the American socks viable? People will pay more for “Made in America” but how much?

The writers are telegraphing a cash crunch with Abishola on strike and Dottie investing her money. Hijinks ensue.

Edited by Kiddvideo
4 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

The writers are telegraphing a cash crunch with Abishola on strike and Dottie investing her money. Hijinks ensue.

Sure. But what percent of the viewers could possibly find a story about a cash crunch funny?

Maybe the writers figure most viewers resent Bob’s financial success?
But wouldn’t those viewers have quit the show long ago?

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 2

My theory is that the cash crunch pushes the entire family to live together and interact more, or it gives them a means for Christina to swoop in and solve problems and get some appreciation finally, or it means winds up making them form an alliance with some other entity they want to bring in for a new character or source of conflict.

But it's not being fun to watch, so far.

It does show Abishola loves Bob, even when he does absolutely everything to set off her anxieties.

• Like 2
On 12/7/2022 at 2:31 AM, Kiddvideo said:

People will pay more for “Made in America” but how much?

We olds remember the Look for the Union Label campaign,  which tried to convince people they should buy American made clothes, which cost a little more than imported goods.  It was not successful.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1