Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E06: A Time to Kill

Trini
  • Start Topic

Damn, Dante sure gets around. I'm pretty sure they mentioned Hell's Kitchen, Brooklyn and New Jersey as the various crime scenes here and somehow Detective Dante has an NYPD multi-pass that puts him in charge in all of these areas! Must be hard being the only homicide detective in all of New York and New Jersey!

The training plot with Dee wasn't as obnoxious as I thought it would be but why doesn't she just tell her mom she joined a gym and she's trying to get into better shape? That wouldn't even be a lie.

I thought it was hilarious how team Robyn immediately started shit-talking vigilantes. Haven't we gunned down several people over the course of this show? And don't we regularly rough up the wrong person while jumping to conclusions on a weekly basis? You'd think they would know by now that if you want to make a justice-flavored omelette you have to break a few justice-flavored eggs.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Um - the victim did not look seventeen at all.

Is the lesson "only Robyn is allowed to be a vigilante"?

Okay, so now Aunt Vi knows about Dee's training; can Robyn find out in the next episode? Because it still shouldn't be a big deal.

More flirting with Robyn and Dante, wooo!

Nice sweater on Robyn.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, ripple596 said:

Good job getting the grieving father killed, McCall!

Yep, standard dealing with one bad guy while the other bad guy still isn't fully contained...

I also agree with Dee just saying she's going to the gym because no way her not telling her mom doesn't eventually lead to mom following her.  Instead, Aunt Vi did it.

• Love 3

Aunt Vi has Robyn's number, though. She's all "she's a teen, let her alone" while watching with one eye and then following Dee herself. And she makes sitting in the kitchen "casually reading" look like a stake out. I love her.

I thought Robyn looked great this episode-- comfortable and in  her element. They need to let QL dress the way that suits her, not in some way that goes against her grain. I've seen this be true for her in other roles, as well. She seems like a stiff and unnatural actor until they give her the right clothes, and then she hits her groove.

• Love 5

Case of the week was a good one, very relevant in the news today, and as Robyn said, it is every parent's worst nightmare.  I found myself a little choked up when all those red dots representing a drug death popped up on Harry's screen.  I'm sure most parents thinks their kid is a good kid and no way would that ever happen to them, and all those dots were just a sobering reminder of all the parents who thought wrong.

15 hours ago, ripple596 said:

Good job getting the grieving father killed, McCall!

Yes, she should have done a better job of disarming the Russian drug dealer.  But really, what kind of life would the father have had?  Surely he would have gone to prison for the rest of his life, or sentenced to death.  His life was over the minute he killed the first guy, and once he was found by Robyn, he knew that.

15 hours ago, dwmarch said:

The training plot with Dee wasn't as obnoxious as I thought it would be but why doesn't she just tell her mom she joined a gym and she's trying to get into better shape? That wouldn't even be a lie.

I thought it was hilarious how team Robyn immediately started shit-talking vigilantes. Haven't we gunned down several people over the course of this show? And don't we regularly rough up the wrong person while jumping to conclusions on a weekly basis? You'd think they would know by now that if you want to make a justice-flavored omelette you have to break a few justice-flavored eggs.

Yep.  Mrs. Peacock, every cook will tell you that!

3 hours ago, possibilities said:

Aunt Vi has Robyn's number, though. She's all "she's a teen, let her alone" while watching with one eye and then following Dee herself. And she makes sitting in the kitchen "casually reading" look like a stake out. I love her.

Agreed, it was great that she followed her out of concern.  She thought that Delilah was doing drugs and followed her.  But then it turns out she saw Dee trying to improve herself with self-defence lessons, and the tears welled up.  Lorraine Toussaint is a gem.

I too really did think that Robyn was going to invite Dante home for a pasta dinner.  I feel cheated that she didn't.  He's definitely been around them before, so why wouldn't she invite him?  They're all pretty much friends now.  He asked to take her out to dinner and she pretty much turned him down.  Not cool.

• Love 3

WTF Mel?

Am I seriously the ONLY person that objects to a non-family member "training" an underage child in supposed self-defense, when they specifically KNOW the PARENT did not want that happening?

So all the parents out there should just be fine & dandy with their teens going behind their backs, after they said NO and doing what they want anyway, and the parents BEST FRIEND is making the decision FOR the parent. 

This just INFURIATES me that it seems like no big deal to people.  Unless it's THEIR kid, of course. So what if Mel's little "training" class results in Delilah getting hurt?  Who pays for that?  Mel?  Of course not.  

And Auntie Vi is just standing there, letting it happen.

Robyn will find out, she'll be mad at Mel for 10 minutes then forgive her.  

Such bullshit.  I'm done.  

• LOL 2
7 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

WTF Mel?

Am I seriously the ONLY person that objects to a non-family member "training" an underage child in supposed self-defense, when they specifically KNOW the PARENT did not want that happening?

So all the parents out there should just be fine & dandy with their teens going behind their backs, after they said NO and doing what they want anyway, and the parents BEST FRIEND is making the decision FOR the parent. 

This just INFURIATES me that it seems like no big deal to people.  Unless it's THEIR kid, of course. So what if Mel's little "training" class results in Delilah getting hurt?  Who pays for that?  Mel?  Of course not.  

And Auntie Vi is just standing there, letting it happen.

Robyn will find out, she'll be mad at Mel for 10 minutes then forgive her.  

Such bullshit.  I'm done.  

Mel knows this won’t go over well. So does, eventually, Vi. A real tribute to LT’s acting when she followed-you could read her concern, then worry, realization of what was happening. Then she looked relieved and proud…lost that feeling back to worry again, probably over how Robyn will react when she finds out. It was a nice mimed scene. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, SnapHappy said:

It's a cartoonish crime-fighting show, so to me it's no big deal. I don't make life choices based on a silly TV show. I'm an adult. I know the difference between reality and Marvel-like fiction. To me, this is a show to make fun of, not be outraged about for setting a bad example. Again, It's super-hero fiction.

• Love 3

I'm really not sure why Robyn's the only one allowed to be a vigilante. She also should have made sure the bad guy was secure before checking on the dad. I love how great Dante is.  

I like Aunt Vi following Dee to find out what she's up to. I like Mel teaching Dee self-defense but don't like that Robyn isn't for it. It's odd for Robyn to not to want Dee to learn self-defense.

I love Robyn asking Aunt Vi, Dee and Dante about whether they like the sauce or pasta better. I love both equally. I liked Robyn asking Dee for help with the messages. Dee's right. You don't have to be doing drugs to know the lingo. Sometimes I think adults forget how much you really do learn at school. I didn't do drugs either but I knew all the street names and who was dealing them. But I do like Robyn was still worried about that. Dee was telling the truth but at the same time every parent does think their kid isn't doing drugs but they are and find out after an overdose or death.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 11/22/2022 at 8:16 PM, possibilities said:

I agree that going behind a parent's back is bad policy, but I also think it's bizarre and just really bad that Robyn doesn't want Delilah to learn self-defense.

I agree. I don't see the big deal that Dee wants self defense classes. 

• Love 1