Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: Frenemies - Chapter Eleven: The Haunting

Trini
  • Start Topic

As Courtney, Sylvester and the JSA plot to take down a major threat, the arrival of someone from their past sends shock waves through the town.

Jennifer Phang directed the episode written by Steve Harper & Maytal Zchut.

Airdate: 11/16/2022

That's how jordan survived? Considering he got ran over into pieces, he should've died. I'm not talkng from just being in multiple pieces. I'm talking about him melting should've killed him. There was sunlight out. He should've dried up under the sun and in nightfall.

I feel so bad for Artemis.

I don't believe Jordan has forgiven them. Considering how he just killed the Crocks, this is obviously an act.

There's a signal in Sportmaster's mask? Okay. 

"Syvlester has the staff." He's had the staff more than you all season. That's ridiculous for a show called Stargirl. Seriously, did something happen behind the scenes for their to be less Stargirl action this season?

Sylvester really needs to calm down.

I get that is his father, but does Cameron really believe Jordan? He killed the Crocks in self defense. Cameron you have the same powers as your father and grandparents. You fought Rick with your powers in self defense. So you definitely know there is a way to use ice powers without killing people.

Okay, taking away Jordan's powers will kill him. I get that's why the wish couldn't be done. However, you still could've done a wish for Jordan to not use his powers on anyone on the JSA. Thank you Cindy for pointing out what not locking a door causes.

Courtney you are literally skeptical of Jordan. Why did you meet him alone without backup?

Poor Artemis. She doesn't deserve to lose her parents. Is she going to live with the Whitmores now?

I figured seeing Artemis cry over her parents would cause Yolanda to call her mom. She and her mom need to have a long sit down with a family therapist.

Jordan is working with Ultra Humanite. Duhh...the show has literally shown in previous episodes that Jordan is still evil.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Pat's annoyance with Sylvester at the beginning of the episode seemed to come out of nowhere, then vanished in their later interactions. What was up with that?  Jumping on his dad joke is pretty low on the list of things to get annoyed about, but why would he suddenly care about it for one scene and then go back to his usual patient self? 

Speaking of Sylvester, looks like the calm, reasonable version is going to be replaced by the angry asshole version for the foreseeable future.  I can't see Courtney signing off on the kill Jordan plan, so he'll probably just head off on his own anyway.

• Love 1

I hate Jordan.

Cameron saying the Crocks and Cindy weren't held accountable is bullshit.  The Crocks went to jail, granted they got out, but they did go to jail for what they did.  And Cindy is just a kid whose father experimented on her, her whole life.  Your dad was a grown ass man, there's no comparison to Cindy.  And both the Crocks and Cindy helped to defeat Eclypso, granted Cindy freed him, but that goes back to the shit that Dragon King put her through, and she was banished to the Shadow Land for it.

Sylvester was killed by Jordan, so I can understand his anger, but no need to talk crap on the new JSA.  Icicle and the ISA wiped out the old JSA, but they couldn't defeat the new JSA.  Hell, the new JSA made allies out of the Crocks and Shade.

On the flip side for good people, Pat and Barb continue to be the best damn parents.  Barb's anger at Jordan that she didn't even try to hide for him killing the Crocks.  And then there was her comforting Artemis, and telling her to come back to the Whitmore-Dugans' house.  Pat and Barb will look after the new JSA, and be there for them.

I'm hoping that preview for the next episode is right when it said "One more episode till the season finale", and it's gonna be on HBO Max.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, StaceyNotStacie said:

How did the episode end?  My DVR cut off as Artemis was in her bedroom and the fast forward was disabled for On Demand and I don’t have time to rewatch the entire episode again?

Last scene is Jordan in the deep dark woods. He walks up to Ultra-Humanite and says "It's time."  Eeeee-vil!

• Thanks 1
On 11/16/2022 at 7:03 PM, BeautifulFlower said:

Syvlester has the staff." He's had the staff more than you all season. That's ridiculous for a show called Stargirl. Seriously, did something happen behind the scenes for their to be less Stargirl action this season?

I mentioned this a few episodes ago, but it’s really getting annoying now. I get it Josh MCHale is a named star, but come on give us Star Girl on her own show.

20 hours ago, Jediknight said:

Cameron saying the Crocks and Cindy weren't held accountable is bullshit.  The Crocks went to jail, granted they got out, but they did go to jail for what they did.  And Cindy is just a kid whose father experimented on her, her whole life.  Your dad was a grown ass man, there's no comparison to Cindy.  And both the Crocks and Cindy helped to defeat Eclypso, granted Cindy freed him, but that goes back to the shit that Dragon King put her through, and she was banished to the Shadow Land for it.

I really get worked up and start yelling at my TV when characters state one thing and I know the obvious answer but they don’t. I mean your right, Courtney really should have immediately stated that the Crocks did pay for their crimes. Not their vault the justice system is screwball. Cindy has paid in spades for what ever she has done. Not to mention everyone hating her. She’s lonely and hurt and used. 

Courtney there are times you just have to ditch the Good Samaritan act and kick butt on evildoers. Unlike Cindy, Jordan has proved he’s not to be trusted, yet a kiss from Cameron and your all gooey for the dude? 

As for Sylvester, I’m betting the Ultra Humanite brought him back and has him under control. 

Having just lost my father suddenly this past weekend, seeing Artemis being a mess, well hard to watch.   

• Like 1
  • Hugs 2

Sylvester was back to being a raging asshole here, but I think he did have a point about how it was on them for not making sure Icicle was actually gone for good.  Just leaving the ice remains on the street like that was some sloppy work.  Hell, even if they didn't know that he would reanimate, you never know what kind of damage could have happened.  In this world, someone could easily get have gotten their hands on the cubes and used it to recreate the power!  Should have at least put them all in some kind of cooler and put it somewhere no on could find!

Jordan is already out in public and claiming that he wants to move past everything, but, yeah, I ain't buying it.  He's already lying about how he killed the Crocks by claiming it was an accident/they attacked first, and he clearly has something else planned.  Especially since we now know he's actually in league with the Ultra Humanite.

I get that Cameron is going through a lot right now and won't be objective, but as of now, Jordan can't be compared to the likes of Cindy, The Shade, or even the Crocks when it comes to accountability and forgiveness, because the others have shown evidence that they have moved on or are trying to make up for their previous sins.  Jordan seems to just want to forget about the past and act like everything is the status quo.  Big difference there.

Poor Artemis.  The actress' best work so far.  Glad that Barb was there for her.

Cindy might already be having second thoughts about joining the Young All-Stars, heh.

Yolanda's phone call with her mom was well acted by Yvette Monreal.

Two episodes left!

• Love 2

Well, duh -- of course Icicle is still evil (sorry, Cam!); I just don't know why he bothered to announce himself and try to convince others otherwise. (Cameron I get; but everyone else?) Besides destroy the JSA, I wonder what his and Ultrahumanite's endgame is?

I've been waiting for the reveal that something or someone has been messing with Sylvester, but with only 2 episodes to go, it looks like that's not happening. So him being unhinged half the time is just his regular personality?? That doesn't seem right. Or shouldn't be.

I've liked the amount of Courtney we've gotten this season, but I'll echo the rest of you to say that there hasn't been enough Stargirl. And I feel like some of the JSA 2.0 have been shortchanged too.

Hey, Cindy's back to help the Young All-Stars! (working title)

I feel terrible for Artemis.

• Love 2
On 11/17/2022 at 12:59 AM, Jediknight said:

We'll see if he still sings the same tune about accountability when he finds out his grandma murdered his favorite teacher and his grandpa helped dispose of the body.  Will he join Rick, Artemis, and Cindy in the absent parents/guardians club?  Even if he believes his dad's self defense story that doesn't apply to Mr. Deisinger.

Edited by cambridgeguy
  • Like 1

Wow, on my first watch I somehow missed the entire scene with Cameron and Courtney! Anyway, Cameron doesn't know what he's talking about. Literally. He's still ignorant about the full extent of Icicle's crimes.

Are we really approaching the end? I haven't been keeping up . . . all I know is that the people running CW don't like fun stuff, so they canceled Stargirl. I heard that Brec was offering details on what S4 would've looked like,  I haven't read that yet, though.

Did anyone mention Gambler this episode? Also, am I nuts to think that maybe Icicle didn't kill him? Blue Valley is chaotic AF, and I think it's feasible that Jonathan's return and Gambler's death aren't related. Of course, we only have two episodes left, so the ultimate big bads will be Icicle and Ultra-Humanite working as a team.

Sylvester is back to raging . . . though I concede he's probably entitled to that because the guy that killed him has returned from the dead. That would piss me off as well.

Mike and Jakeem continue to be flaming dorks. "She's sitting on my bed!" is just sad. Buddy is smarter than both of them. BTW, I had a laugh at the flashback of Mike running over Icicle, with Buddy in the passenger seat. I miss the big guy.

Hard watching Artemis and Yolanda with their respective breakdowns. Pat and Barbara might have to build an extension to house all of the orphans/JSA wannabes.

I already miss the Crocks, poor Artemis. At least Barbara was there for her, Pat and Barbara are going to have to add a spare room or two for all of these poor kids they keep collecting, they're the best. 

I cant really blame Cam for wanting to believe in his dad, especially after he just came back to life, but I don't buy anything Jordan is selling and its clearly a different situation with him than with the Shade, the Crocks, and Cindy. All of them did face real consequences for what they did and have made an effort to change and do better. Jordan was the ringleader behind the whole ISA, has faced no consequences besides losing a year, and now he just expects everything to be totally forgiven. Plus, he literally just murdered the Crocks yesterday. You can say "the past is the past" but its hard for people to think that when the bodies are still lying right there on the ground. 

The acting was really strong all around, everyone's grief and frustration were really well handled. I especially thought that Artemis finding her parents and Yolanda's call with her mom really extremely well done. 

I am so sad that the show was cancelled. The CW is going to be a ghost town with them cancelling every single show they have. 

• Love 2

It's possible that the Gambler and the Crocks were killed because the Ultra-Humanite and the ISA weren't the enemies they were alleged to be and could have spilled the beans on a plot to make Icicle look good to the JSA.

The season feels like it should end with Icicle being killed (again) and almost everyone is being set up to potentially fill that role.

Just wanted to give a general shout-out to the costume department; they always manage to find some really interesting tops for the cast to wear. Especially Jakeem, Courtney, Beth and Cindy.