Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E07: Cursed

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The whole bracelet thing made no sense. People who do unboxing videos usually get stuff free or at a discount and name the company. Alexis wouldn’t want Felisa to know it came from an artificial artifact website so would lie about where it came from. In any case the guy either couldn’t be identified as the seller or would have to be identified as a seller of fake stuff so why would he be trying so hard to get the bracelet back? Hi 

Edited by Madding crowd
Clarity
8 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

Why would the assistant pay $11,000 for a fake bracelet? She could have bought a cheap one somewhere. 

The assistant thought the bracelet was a real artifact.
It turned out both the video blogger and her assistant were drinking the same Curse Of The Kool-Aid as Hen, Chim, and Buck.

But also, narratively, having the assistant "only" get a $9K / 45% profit off of her employer makes the ending of the employer wanting to stay with her assistant more believable than if it had been a $50 bracelet.

I kind of liked the influencer saying the assistant had probably earned that much money anyway. It was a refreshing take.

Also, regarding that end, the assistant did almost die trying to prevent the internet scammer from stealing back the bracelet.

I kind of hated the B plot of sperm donation interruptus. 
Will Buck having run 2 miles and up flights of stairs right before giving the donation result in no surviving swimmers?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Will Buck having run 2 miles and up flights of stairs right before giving the donation result in no surviving swimmers?

All that was missing from that scene was after the receptionist handed him the cup and the...visual materials...I expected him to emerge from the private room just about 10 seconds later.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

It still doesn’t make sense that the guy would be that worried about the bracelet being unboxed. Unboxing videos are all about associating with a brand or company and if they both thought this was a real piece from another country it would likely be stolen so they would be dumb to push the angle that they had a museum quality artifact from another country. And is she supposed to be a washed up yet wealthy actress at age 25? Why is she even doing unboxing videos?

Saw the exact same story about the guy running to donate sperm on another show but can’t remember now which one. I also expected Felisa to be a new love interest for Eddie.

• Useful 1
37 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

It still doesn’t make sense that the guy would be that worried about the bracelet being unboxed. Unboxing videos are all about associating with a brand or company and if they both thought this was a real piece from another country it would likely be stolen so they would be dumb to push the angle that they had a museum quality artifact from another country.

Yes. They were really dumb.
Dumb, pretty Felisa should be the perfect:

38 minutes ago, Madding crowd said:

new love interest for Eddie.

😉

• Like 3

I thought this was the classic silly and over the top adventures of the 118. 

Agreed. It's nice to step away from all the drama and angst the show has been shoveling for the past several episodes. 

Far from being cursed, it seemed like Felisa was lucky to escape so many near-death experiences. But I don't understand why she didn't suffocate when the wax was covering her face. First responders wouldn't have gotten there quick enough to carve open an air hole for her to breath through. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Far from being cursed, it seemed like Felisa was lucky to escape so many near-death experiences. But I don't understand why she didn't suffocate when the wax was covering her face. First responders wouldn't have gotten there quick enough to carve open an air hole for her to breath through. 

Felisa was the opposite of cursed. Not a mark on her despite all those possibly disfiguring incidents. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

And is she supposed to be a washed up yet wealthy actress at age 25? 

Saw the exact same story about the guy running to donate sperm on another show but can’t remember now which one. I also expected Felisa to be a new love interest for Eddie.

She looked a lot older than 25 to me. 

On A Million Little Things, Gary rushed to deliver his at-home sperm sample before it "expired." That's what this reminded me of. I hate this storyline and had hoped that the couple would tell Buck they changed their minds. How odd to show up at his place of employment and discuss it out in the open. Also, would the receptionist really hand him a stack of magazines and a cup right there at the front desk?

• Love 3

A nice silly episode.  And I liked how they just followed a single  person's disasters so a little change from just following a theme.

I know people talk about never reading the Terms and Conditions on anything, and usually they are like 20 pages long.  This one was just two sentences long and flat out said 'not to display on social media.'  The seller we know is shady so of course he's already a criminal and as they say on The Wire 'crime makes you stupid'.  But if it were legit, Alexis opened up Felisa to a potential lawsuit.

I also think Felisa shrugging away what Alexis did is problematic because it is a slippery slope. Alexis got away with it and probably has gotten away with it before.  But that stuff escalates.  Felisa thinks of this person as the only person in her life but Alexis seems more concerned about Felisa's revenue stream.  It is an unequal partnership where Felisa's attachment is 100% emotional and Alexis' does not appear to be the same.  And you just flat out don't steal from your friends.  That's shitty.

Hen and Chim are always a fun pair.  Their reactions to the bracelet/curse were great.

Also Hen's face when they all realized she knew about the sperm donation.  And her "Oh look, we're here let's go fight fires!"  LOL.

Speaking of the sperm donor thing. Ugh.  Those friends just seem super pushy and a little scolding. All the near misses, maybe the universe is trying to tell you something Buck.

4 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

It still doesn’t make sense that the guy would be that worried about the bracelet being unboxed. Unboxing videos are all about associating with a brand or company and if they both thought this was a real piece from another country it would likely be stolen so they would be dumb to push the angle that they had a museum quality artifact from another country. And is she supposed to be a washed up yet wealthy actress at age 25? Why is she even doing unboxing videos?

Yeah, the idea you can buy some "priceless" artifact on the internet for just eleven grand.... is not bright.  But also sure, tell the world you bought this 'artifact.'

I think the idea of the unboxing was less about brand or company recognition and a way to brag she bought some "priceless" artifact. 

But I think the seller was more concerned with the fact his scam would be exposed.  He had already sold that bracelet 27 other times.  So theoretically it being shown on a SM platform with millions of followers and claimed as some unique piece would get him investigated as some sort of fraud and since he is using the internet and possibly the usps it would be mail and wire fraud which are federal crimes.  Since he is selling supposed artifacts, even if they are fakes he might still be investigated for raketeering even just on the off chance he might be involved in smuggling or selling contraband goods.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Jillybean said:

She looked a lot older than 25 to me. 

On A Million Little Things, Gary rushed to deliver his at-home sperm sample before it "expired." That's what this reminded me of. I hate this storyline and had hoped that the couple would tell Buck they changed their minds. How odd to show up at his place of employment and discuss it out in the open. Also, would the receptionist really hand him a stack of magazines and a cup right there at the front desk?

The actress playing Felisa is 23 in real life. It was the Million Little Thing episode I was thinking of, thanks.

On 11/7/2022 at 10:22 PM, shapeshifter said:

I was waiting for him to trip and fall and injure his manly bits making any kind of - uh - excitement or activity in that area off limits for a couple of months.

More likely it will turn out he's shooting blanks or has some other kind of problem (mobility, low count, etc). I don't hate Buck but the writers seem to hate him.  Okay, it's probably all related to his messed up childhood, the hidden dead brother, and never really having a that traditional family...

• Love 1

I thought that was a fun silly episode, it does seem like the guy trying to steal the bracelet was the one who was cursed, not Felicia, who seems to be blessed after surviving so many near death experiences without lasting harm. I liked seeing everyone's thoughts on curses and I was glad to get a light hearted ensemble episode. 

The sperm bank was less fun, and Buck's friends reactions make me even more apprehensive. Showing up at Buck's place of work (where he's a first responder!) to nag him because he didn't pick up the phone once makes me think that these two are just going to get more pushy as this goes on. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 2
  • Love 5