Type keyword(s) to search

Fandom and Viewer Issues: "Fan" Is Short for "Fanatic"

Emma
  • Start Topic

If that script tease isn't a bait, I don't know what is.
As for Adam's script tease, I think he knows what he's doing. I still don't call what he does with Emma and Regina as queerbaiting.

If I clean out the shipper goggles and character favoritism/opposite-favoritism, it reads to me like good trailer words, you know, to get people to watch an episode so they find out what's going on. That's why it comes off as neutral to me, but then again it's the context that charges the text, so...

I used to feel a little driven off, but it has gotten better (...) she has gotten some decent redemptive scenes

Yeah, I'd say it's a hit and miss with Regina's redemption arc. Her going undercover with the Queens of Darkness was, I think, the more interesting thing she could have done as a unique character she is, even though I've read complaints about the salad scene, and then the Camelot ballroom scene. Otherwise, I can totally get on board with them having her on the team because she's the evil pragmatist who Gets Stuff Done. I'm glad to read that we haven't driven you off!

of course the same people wanting representation dont really care for the Mulan character. Where is the outrage over her characterization?

*waves* in here, because i'm asian (^_^)

Edited by Faemonic
  • Love 1

I think the context matters for the script teases. Adam knows about the very vocal and abusive rabid SwanQueen faction. Just recently he's had to defend one of his cast members from false accusations they were spreading to try to get his character off the show and free up Regina for a relationship with Emma. He knows that these people will jump all over anything that even remotely suggests interaction between those two characters. He knows that if anyone involved with the show so much as hints at support for the canon relationships that interfere with the fanon relationship, these fans go nuts and start attacking them (even if he's just a kid). So I have to believe that any tease like this, particularly one that's even remotely suggestive when taken entirely out of context, is deliberately either baiting that faction of fans (to get their hopes up so they'll be eager for the episode) or trolling just to stir things up and make the other factions angry while getting that faction excited. It's throwing raw meat into the shark tank and then stepping back to watch the water churn. I'm sure there are script fragments between Emma and Regina that it would take a really dedicated person to find even the slightest hint of suggestiveness in, but he seems to look for fragments that take on a different meaning when they're out of context, and since he's done this so often, we tend to read it that way.

The thing is, I doubt these script teases do much of anything to actually promote the episode. Anyone who cares enough to look for them was probably going to watch anyway. They aren't what makes someone watch or not watch. The absurdity around the responses is more likely to turn off anyone who just happens to be watching fans' Twitter feeds than to spread the word about the show or the episode. This is strictly something done to get fans stirred up.

• Love 2

And I've never understood it -- honestly, truly never gotten it. I mean, say all of this when the guy is alive, but The. Man. Is. Dead and has been for three years (our time -- which I think means even shorter in show time). He's not a threat to Emma and Hook and he's Henry's father in name only (cannot and never will be a father figure). The desire to have the dead utterly slandered in a way nobody even suggests for like...Peter Pan, who actually did some malicious, terrible, awful, no good, very bad stuff is completely baffling to me.

The difference is that 1) While Pan did bad stuff, no one is pretending he didn't 2) The revisionist history pisses people off.

People would let it go if the show didn't constantly try to act like Neal "didn't have a choice" in what he did (untrue), that he died a hero (he basically killed himself by being dumb. I put him up there with Liam Jones in the Stupidest OUAT Deaths), and that people who never shared a single conversation with him on screen apparently loved him (that's what Snow claimed at the christening. That they loved him)?? It's the complete refusal by the writers to be honest about what they wrote that pissed people off; same reason why Graham often gets referenced on the forum.

• Love 8

I was surprised by the outrage some had over Mulan being a lesbian. I do think it was a bit of a cop out for the writers to strongly imply she was going to confess her feelings for Aurora, but leave it so open that people still argue that she was going to tell Aurora that she had feelings for Phillip. At the same time, I felt affronted that some took Mulan being gay and kept wanting her to her Disney incarnation instead. I think that's problematic because the Disney characters are widely recognized, and I don't mind the writers taking some of characteristics from the Disney incarnations and putting them on the OUAT characters, but to expect a Disney replica would defeat the purpose of the show's characters that have their own OUAT spin to it.

i don't really watch the show through the lenses of being conscious of what race is being represented. My thought process upon first seeing an episode of OUAT was that some of the most well known fairy tales are European in origin, so it's kind of to be expected that most of the main cast is Caucasian. When Mulan came onto the scene, I was definitely interested because I only know Disney Mulan and I was curious about seeing another interpretation of the character that was bound to be different. Her character did resonant with me on a personal level since I'm asian (chinese), and I recall the voice actress of Disney Mulan (Ming Wen Na) expressed disappointment on Twitter that the character wasn't being portrayed by a chinese actress. I could understand her point of view, but at the same time, I felt Jamie Chung represented OUAT Mulan well without the character becoming an Asian stereotype.

• Love 1
It's the complete refusal by the writers to be honest about what they wrote that pissed people off; same reason why Graham often gets referenced on the forum.

That's exactly it for me. When there's a mismatch between showing and telling and the showing is worse than the telling, it tends to turn me against a character. I didn't want Neal to die and felt like there was a lot of untapped potential, but when they started calling him a hero and talking about how much everyone loved him even though he barely interacted with most of the characters and died of stupidity, it made me dislike him. Ditto with Regina. I think I'd like her in a "love to find her annoying" kind of way if the showing and telling matched -- if the show acknowledged her lack of repentance and tendency toward self-pity rather than pushing a friendship with Emma (that looks abusive in the way it's played) and spending a whole arc focusing on what a hero she is and how sad her life is. With Regina, there's also the reaction to the very vocal fandom who really does see Regina as a victim and hero and refuses to acknowledge her negative behavior. That makes me dislike her even more. Oddly, this forum being rather anti-Regina has made me like her a teensy bit better, but the moment I'm dumb enough to look at comments elsewhere, the hate comes back.

On the other hand, when we're shown a character being awesome while most of the other characters are negative and the overall message seems to be that this person may not be so great, that's the surest way to get me on a character's side.

• Love 4

I was surprised by the outrage some had over Mulan being a lesbian. I do think it was a bit of a cop out for the writers to strongly imply she was going to confess her feelings for Aurora, but leave it so open that people still argue that she was going to tell Aurora that she had feelings for Phillip. At the same time, I felt affronted that some took Mulan being gay and kept wanting her to her Disney incarnation instead. I think that's problematic because the Disney characters are widely recognized, and I don't mind the writers taking some of characteristics from the Disney incarnations and putting them on the OUAT characters, but to expect a Disney replica would defeat the purpose of the show's characters that have their own OUAT spin to it.

There are going to be viewers who say something like that because they don't want gay people on this show at all, yes. You know the absolute nothing that happened between Mulan and Aurora? There's an article out there about how it shouldn't be on prime time television family network but some late-night Showtime or HBO show, and how are we going to explain that to our kids(?) Umm...nothing happened. So, as annoyed as I am about how the writers handled it, I'm more annoyed at viewers like that.

For me, I felt that Once Upon A Time took Mulan's story and made it very reductive in a distinctly Western way. First, they took Mulan away from fairy tale China. Even in the Disney version, she had a family and army buddies. Here, they made her some itinerant among European fairy tales and, apart from branding, I didn't know why. Even with the branding, I didn't know why. Next, they focused on her cross-dressing and even sort of man-hating...and then it's almost like...because of that, Mulan must be a lesbian? Hrmm-mmm....Like, genderswap Shang like they did with Jack and it would have been interesting because at least Mulan's not just randomly wandering around Fairy Tale Europe all alone for no given reason. It would even have been more of a stereotype breaker if gauze-gown tiara princess Aurora had been the one questioning her sexuality. I wouldn't even have minded if they had Polly Oliver on the show too and Polly turned out to be lesbian or even transsexual, that would be interesting because most versions of the traditional ballad makes it very clear that Polly only did the thing to get another thing done but she'd tell everyone she was female as soon as she didn't need to, and then either the soldier she'd gone after or the captain of the troops marries her. If you're going to make a subversion, show, then make a subversion! (This season's arc has Greek mythology! Where is Tiresias? Do you want to broaden a demographic or not, Show??) What I see they did was basically turn Mulan into a Twofer. I personally knew someone in my life who would very likely appreciate that version (proud Chinese butch lesbian) but I consider the process that got to this version of Mulan, and if my speculations are correct then it's just so embarrassingly appropriative and reductive. That's why I'm disappointed.

But...

the same people wanting representation don't really care for the Mulan character. Where is the outrage over her characterization?

True, there isn't much. It's more of a Fandom Non-Issue. :-P

• Love 1
When there's a mismatch between showing and telling and the showing is worse than the telling, it tends to turn me against a character.

I assume it's the repetitive comments and the constant put-downs that might make the message board difficult to take for viewers who genuinely like a certain character.  Back in the "Smallville" forum on Television Without PIty, I was so tired of hearing the vitriol towards the character Lana, that eventually, I just stopped visiting.  

I was surprised by the outrage some had over Mulan being a lesbian.

I think some people didn't like how it reinforced the stereotype that a so-called unladylike female is a lesbian.

Edited by Camera One

I think some people didn't like how it reinforced the stereotype that a so-called unladylike female is a lesbian.

It sounds like they were looking for validation for making a character lesbian. "Well this Disney character pretended to be a man... that's close enough right?" I'm not sure why you can't do it with any other character. It's like if they did a gay male relationship they'd choose Radcliffe from Pocahontas because he matches a stereotype. I understand they're doing traditional fairy tales, but if they're going to touch on same-sex relationships, I'd like to see the logic in how they picked who it's going to involve. Hopefully it's more thought-out than matching stereotypes.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

How about this, had Mulan did indeed told Aurora how she really felt and instead of Aurora just saying "I'm in love with Phillip." she says "If Phillip wasn't in the equation" "Maybe in another time we could've." would the fandom be ok with that?

Side note: Should've made Aurora polyamorous tbh. lol

• Love 1

It sounds like they were looking for validation for making a character lesbian. "Well this Disney character pretended to be a man... that's close enough right?" I'm not sure why you can't do it with any other character. It's like if they did a gay male relationship they'd choose Radcliffe from Pocahontas because he matches a stereotype. I understand they're doing traditional fairy tales, but if they're going to touch on same-sex relationships, I'd like to see the logic in how they picked who it's going to involve. Hopefully it's more thought-out than matching stereotypes.

I wish that shows like these would follow the HGTV method and just show lesbian or gay couples living their lives "normally" without any pearl clutching.  Notice on all the HGTV "reality" shows the couple gets introduced and no one bats an eye.  I think these shows have done a tremendous job in showing how lesbian/gay couples generally care about the same things that hetero-normative couples do and this has gone a long way in changing how some people view others who are different then them.  I watched "Love or List It" last night with my son and the couple was lesbian and wanted to start a family which was why their house either needed renovating or they needed to move.  My 9 year old asked "are those two women" and I said yes. He responded with "oh they're lesbians just like blank teacher in school who just got married last month." 

The problem with network shows is that they do make it seem like having a "gay or lesbian" person/couple is either played for the stereotype or it is a BFD.  If they would just introduce it without a great deal of fanfare and have representation, it would be so much better.  Mulan could've have easily had a line that stated she came to the EF because her "wife" passed away and she wanted to be away from the hurt.  But instead they were at best vague and folks don't know if she loved Philip or Aurora or at worst that she is the stereotypical butch lesbian who is going to force herself onto the obviously  heterosexual female, which is a very active fear that some people have against LGTBQ - completely unfounded and not true but it still remains a fear.

What ticks me off about A & E is that they want some pat on the back that they are doing this story but I don't see why they deserve one.  Like I said stop acting like it is a BFD and just add these characters living "normal" lives (within the confines of the story you're telling) and that would be the end of the pearl clutching. They could've have easily made any primary or secondary character gay/lesbian and pursued whatever story line they wanted without having to make a big deal out of it. I mean for cripes sakes they made Snow White, the purest of all the princesses, a frigging "baby/egg" napper!  After that story line, you could make any prince/princess be a LGTBQ character and not feel the need to explain yourself!

• Love 4

The thing is, I doubt these script teases do much of anything to actually promote the episode. Anyone who cares enough to look for them was probably going to watch anyway. They aren't what makes someone watch or not watch.

I generally find the teases to be worthless and don't often read them. However, I will say that this week's tease that included stage directions was interesting to me. I'm really curious if that direction will be acknowledged in the dialogue of the scene. If not, that tells me something that I wouldn't know if I hadn't actually seen it in the script. It definitely told me that certain things are very relevant. On the other hand, the other tease meant nothing and does nothing other than get a set of fans squeeing, which I guess is what he's going for.

• Love 1

Hmm.... I never thought that Mulan could fall into the category of a stereotypical butch lesbian, but after reading everyone's points, I can see that's a very real concern.

I liked Mulan in season two, but my one gripe about it is she felt very out of place in the Enchanted Forest because her backstory is kinda unexplored. Even the episode, "The Outsider" delegated the place she came from as some random village, and then her saying a throwaway line about serving in the army for the emperor.

I liked Mulan in season two, but my one gripe about it is she felt very out of place in the Enchanted Forest because her backstory is kinda unexplored. Even the episode, "The Outsider" delegated the place she came from as some random village, and then her saying a throwaway line about serving in the army for the emperor.

Taking my response to the Morality/Social Issues thread.

I don't get it, and I especially don't see how Mulan might fall into the whole butch lesbian stereotype. Is it because of her clothes? In that case EF!Snow during her bandit years wore more pants than dresses. I can count on one hand the number of times Emma wore a dress. Is it because she wields a sword? Because I'm pretty sure most women on the show know how to do that. Is it because she's "military"? Because that doesn't make a woman "butch".

I think Mulan fits in with the women of the show perfectly. She may not be delicate like Aurora, but that doesn't make her butch in anyway. We don't know enough about her backstory (nor will we ever find out anything about her because the writers don't care enough) to know what the hard exterior is about. I just don't see how she might become "butch".

How about this, had Mulan did indeed told Aurora how she really felt and instead of Aurora just saying "I'm in love with Phillip." she says "If Phillip wasn't in the equation" "Maybe in another time we could've." would the fandom be ok with that? Side note: Should've made Aurora polyamorous tbh. lol

That's...better...yes, better.

I don't get it

Quick, Robin! To the Morality & Social Issues thread!

There are some hysterically funny comments on the youtube clips for the CS kiss from 5x15. This is my fav....it made me chuckle

'I didn't have to dig myself a hole and live in it with my cat. Captain Swan is back'

• Love 3

I don't know if this happens fandom wide or in other once fandoms besides captain swan (on tumblr specifically), but the rejection of criticism and anything that isn't positive is very frustrating to me. It's great that some people generally enjoy all the episodes or mostly have positive thoughts and speculation about future episodes, but not everyone thinks like that or views the show that way. It seems to happen a lot when people are unhappy with spoiler pics or lose enthusiasm because of spoilers and then you see lots of condescending posts judging anyone who is worried. I don't think it's necessary to shame others for having a different mindset than you, especially considering that people who are worried probably only worry because they love the show or used to love it and want it to live up to it's potential. It's very frustrating to me and I don't even make opinion posts about the show. I wouldn't want to get called out. Thank god for this forum. There should be room for positivity and negativity, it's only a show after all. 

• Love 9

I think there's two types of negativity. There's the "This show really isn't that well written." which, you know, it's true and people should be able to say it. But there's also the "OMG I was reading a SQ blog and they said Regina is wearing boots in the spoilers pics, Emma also wears boots, that means they're gonna get together!!" 

Then their are those zooming in on the actresses stomach area and declaring their characters pregnant.

That makes me all sorts of angry. In a culture where a lot of women's self-worth is measured by the number on the scale or the size of their pants, this is just several levels of uncool. I know I'd be hella pissed if someone did that to me.

There are also those who zoom in on some actor's crotch, which if it's wrong to zoom in on a woman's ass or cleavage, maybe we shouldn't be zooming in on someone's guy parts either?

Fandom keeping it classy since never. 

• Love 10

I think there's two types of negativity. There's the "This show really isn't that well written." which, you know, it's true and people should be able to say it. But there's also the "OMG I was reading a SQ blog and they said Regina is wearing boots in the spoilers pics, Emma also wears boots, that means they're gonna get together!!" 

Oh I'm talking about the first one. That's why it's so frustrating. I mean once is not a prestige drama, it's a pretty silly show with lots of writing issues. And if fandom spends so much time analyzing/discussing/engaging with the show, some of that analysis is going to be negative or pointing out the flaws. Even the best shows have some bad writing. This is not a best show. lol  

And any posts zooming in on actors body parts aren't appropriate. You would think after Jen addressed it the first time it wouldn't happen again. 

Edited by janett snakehole
  • Love 1

Mentioned this in the spoiler thread but perhaps the debate should be had here. A certain photog is at it again even after he vowed to not do set visits. And these photos seem particularly creepy since it looks like he took them from a rooftop looking down on actors on the studio lot, which is in no way an announced public filming for fans to see. The guy has given some of us a creepy vibe already, but these shots just seem to take it to another level.

So I guess my question is should we have a discussion about banning him as a source for set photos and spoilers? Or maybe have people post a warning that the photos are from him so we can decide whether we want to give him the views? Or am I just being melodramatic?

I too feel uncomfortable about seeing any stalkery pictures he posts (his latest is seriously creepy). But I don't see how we can avoid it altogether. Sometimes people post spoiler pictures on tumblr and just put a tiny link to the source (or not even that). 

I don't think people can suppress their appetites for spoilers in this age of "now" and "more".  I mean, paparazzi are pretty horrible, yet the societal demand for candids allow them to make money.  All it takes is one person to share his photos, and thousands will just click on it.

Is Liam Prime's shipper title really Jewel?

Because it makes him sound like a stripper.

I like it.

Shipper title with whom? Who is he being shipped with? I don't understand.

I thought he was banned from the set but then he posted a pic of himself with Adam and Eddy on the set of their other show so I was confused. And I didn't see anything on Twitter mentions to Adam about taking photos with the guy who fueled the awful Sean rumor. Now he's doing this. It's really creepy. He has issues.

(edited)

There are quite a few fanon ships that have developed since his first appearance, and they only picked up steam with the most recent one. So the big ones in fanon were Frozen Jewel (Elsa/Liam) and Red Jewel (Ruby/Liam) and a few TinkerJewel (Tinkerbell/Liam). And with the most recent episode, there's also been a run on Jewel Queen (Liam/Regina). I prefer Red Jewel and have used that in several fanfics I've written, but there are some great fics out there with all those combinations.

As for the photos, I know we can't totally avoid them, but maybe a warning on links or something? Like include the source when the source is Larry so I know not to click on them. Sure, tumblr posts can muddy it a bit and I like seeing fans post photos on tumblr from the set when they're filming in Steveston, but Larry's photos were on his Twitter with a link to his flickr account so they would've obviously been his. Maybe I'm just being sensitive, but I would prefer a head's up when the source is him. We've had too many discussions in the past about his attitude towards the cast, crew and production in general. I just wouldn't want to encourage him or that kind of behavior, and giving him views is a great way to do just that.

I thought he was banned from the set but then he posted a pic of himself with Adam and Eddy on the set of their other show so I was confused. And I didn't see anything on Twitter mentions to Adam about taking photos with the guy who fueled the awful Sean rumor. Now he's doing this. It's really creepy. He has issues.

Oh crap! How did I already forgot that he fueled the Sean rumors? Also, I don't think he was banned from the set. He said he had decided he wasn't going to the set anymore for "personal reasons" and made it sound like someone hadn't treated him the way he expected to be treated so he threw a hissy fit and took his ball home. That made it even more gross to see that he not only was back at it, but took the most recent photos in such a stalkery way.

Edited by sharky

I think Faemonic means the monicker used for ships involving Liam. Like Frozen Jewel (Elsa/Liam) or Jewel Queen (Liam/Regina).

As many of you know, I occasionally succumb to morbid curiosity in the form of reading Lily Sparks' mad SQ rants over at TV.com. As usual, she did not disappoint. All of us CS fans are bad people who should feel bad for shipping Emma with a mass murder who's related to another mass murder: a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad man who made her cry. There's more projection there than your local multiplex, but that's not all. She then takes Regina's comment about her and Killian being alike in a way and basically turns it into Killian is really just Regina with a dick. Never mind that by saying this, she's saying Regina is just as bad as Killian, and isn't that tantamount to saying Regina's just as unworthy of Emma's love?

The very next day, I read about a logical paradigm called Modus Tollens. It says that if Q follows from P, and you want to deny Q, that forces you to deny P. Or, as my fortune cookie fortune neatly summed it up: Nasty and bitter words indicate a weak case.

• Love 1

Since the last episode, I've developed such a deep knee-jerk loathing for Liam, I can't even ship him with Regina. I can't quite bring myself to say "she deserves better", but...

• Love 2
(edited)

Mentioned this in the spoiler thread but perhaps the debate should be had here. A certain photog is at it again even after he vowed to not do set visits. And these photos seem particularly creepy since it looks like he took them from a rooftop looking down on actors on the studio lot, which is in no way an announced public filming for fans to see. The guy has given some of us a creepy vibe already, but these shots just seem to take it to another level.

So I guess my question is should we have a discussion about banning him as a source for set photos and spoilers? Or maybe have people post a warning that the photos are from him so we can decide whether we want to give him the views? Or am I just being melodramatic?

I find the photo boring, not creepy. Bridge Studios is not a fortress. Anyone can look through the fence from the street and see the stage doors, actors' trailers, people coming and going, etc. The people who work there know they can be seen from the street. If they were bothered by the gawkers and camera bugs they would put up privacy screens. It's silly for fans to be upset or outraged on their behalf when they obviously don't care.

I'm not a fan of Larry but he's not any worse than the other set stalkers and fans who chase down every tidbit of info and rumor on the internet and repost it

I do, however, find it concerning that posters want to take it upon themselves to censor and control what other members post because they don't like the content. Deciding what content is suitable is the job of the moderators. if you don't like something report it and see what they say. As the moderators say, all opinions are welcome and I will assume that also includes relevant links from all sources until a moderator says otherwise.

Edited by orza
  • Love 1

Oh, I totally agree that people could easily take pictures at the studio. But for me, there's just a difference between studio photos and taking pictures when they're filming out in the open in Steveston. Also, my reaction definitely has something to do with Larry himself. I doubt I would have this kind of reaction to photos taken by a random fan. But knowing Larry's history with the cast and crew makes me balk at those photos, especially considering that it seems much more like a paparazzi photo than a fan photo considering those actors likely never saw him taking their picture.

I'm not saying I think we should ban him, but maybe discuss whether the mods should even consider him a banned source or perhaps just give people a head's up that your source for something is Larry so those who don't want to give him more attention can choose not to click on the link.

• Love 1
(edited)

It is just your personal opinion that Larry is worse than other fans. I disagree that he is worse. Larry is not doing anything wrong or illegal or, in my opinion, objectionable. Even opening a conversation about restricting what and how others can post because of the personal preferences of a few posters is concerning. Part of posting on a public board is accepting that others will on occasion post things you don't like.

Edited by orza

I never reblog any pictures sourced from Larry on my tumblr, and I never intentionally post any of his pictures on this forum. Because I  think his behavior to the OUAT cast has consistently been poor. I don't see what is so concerning about wondering whether or not he can be used as a spoiler source here. I do think it will be impossible to restrict people from using his pictures on this forum. But there is nothing wrong in having a polite conversation about it.

• Love 6
(edited)

It is just your personal opinion that Larry is worse than other fans. I disagree that he is worse. Larry is not doing anything wrong or illegal or, in my opinion, objectionable. Even opening a conversation about restricting what and how others can post because of the personal preferences of a few posters is concerning. Part of posting on a public board is accepting that others will on occasion post things you don't like.

Isn't Larry the one who started a rumor that Sean is a rapist? That's what the posters are objecting to. 

I don't see why discussing what sources should be banned or not is objectionable. Websites make $$ off their content. If someone thinks what they do to get their content is objectionable (for example, harassment), it's more than fair to decide not to give them your money. For example, I think it's a good idea not to link to paparazzi pictures of underage children of celebrities unless the pics have been posted by the celebs themselves (so Sean's wife once posted a pic of their son, that would be okay to link; a random pic of Oliver would not). Reputable websites like People don't post pics of celeb children anymore after some celebrities protested.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 4

I don't think Larry started the Sean rumor, but he definitely fanned the flames. He's also had several questionable instances with the cast and crew, including complaining about them not coming over to sign things while they were filming. There have also been cases where he's seemed to make cast or fans uncomfortable with his actions. It's not a one-time event, but an on-going series of things.

Again, I understand where you're coming from though, orza. Maybe perhaps we could just ask that he's referenced as a source when people are linking to his photos so we as users can decide if we want to give him page views. Or maybe that's a bigger thing we should consider. Should links -- or at least links to spoilers -- include the source? For example, if you don't like certain reporters or certain publications' coverage, it would be easier for you to avoid it that way without outright banning it.

(edited)

I'm opposed to any kind of casual backdoor censorship. Dealing with people and things that annoy or upset us is just a normal part of life.

Edited by orza
(edited)

Yeah, sorry. Shouldn't have said started (that was SQers), but encouraged. Canadagraphs - who's definitely not such a peach himself - at least vehemently denied it.

Edited by Serena