Type keyword(s) to search

S02.03: Saints & Sinners

• Start Topic

Nobody cares about Austen or Ciara like enough of them. Why did Austen have to show up it was fine without him.

Ugh Jessica. Luke was being weird but I still don’t like her.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 5
  • Love 3

Not much activity on this site. Have we finally had enough of spoiled, entitled “ young” people drinking too much, wearing funny costumes and destroying beautiful homes.  Southern Charm, Vanderpump Rules & the “Houses” have all overstayed their “relevance”.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

Not much activity on this site. Have we finally had enough of spoiled, entitled “ young” people drinking too much, wearing funny costumes and destroying beautiful homes.  Southern Charm, Vanderpump Rules & the “Houses” have all overstayed their “relevance”.

I'm watching it wondering how much the owner of this house is cringing as these people dance on his table, hang from the banister, break every glass in the house, and generally treat his/her/their things like crap. That then took me down a rabbit hole of speculation, that this isn't Bravo or the production company's first rodeo so perhaps they actually move out all the owner's belongings and bring in their own furniture, pots, pans, glasses etc. so that what gets broken or destroyed isn't the owners? If not, I'd literally be on the floor in the fetal position, every time one of these chuckleheads heaved a wineglass across the room.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Not much activity on this site. Have we finally had enough of spoiled, entitled “ young” people drinking too much, wearing funny costumes and destroying beautiful homes.

I think it's more that people are migrating from forums like this to other venues. I post here but I read elsewhere.

7 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

I'm watching it wondering how much the owner of this house is cringing

Me, too. This isn't the owner's first rodeo, either, so maybe all the destruction was factored into the rental price. Or, as you said, maybe the production company swapped stuff out. i don't remember it being this bad last year, though. No one was idiotic enough to announce that the goal was to trash the house. If that keeps up I have to wonder if the owner will be back for a third season.

In a way I feel sorry for Jessica and how stunted her upbringing made her in some areas. But she's not going to always be able to count on some drunk aggro idiot being around to defend her when she gets herself in a situation. She needs to learn to stand up for herself. Not that it's easy. Most of us were taught to be considerate and we hate hurting someone's feelings. Plus, aggro idiots abound and it's scary how some men react to rejection. Still, we princesses need to be able to save ourselves.

I thought her conversation with Luke was odd. OK, you don't want an apology but that emphatic "no" to his request to talk was rude. I'm glad he got to make his apology to the camera. Unlike some, Luke accepted responsibility for his actions.

I'm not a Ciara fan but I loved her stink faces when Austen was talking. Her "nope" to his request for forgiveness was everything.

Paige seemed so over Craig (and well she should be) that I searched to see if they're still together. I found something from Craig that said they were. Worse was something else from Craig saying he was hoping he and Paige might get a spin off. <shriek!>

To me, it feels like this cast doesn't have the chemistry the Summer House people do. They're a friend group, the Southern Charm idiots are a group, the two single women wander around semi connecting and Jason is an island of hotness and good sense, so he fits in with nobody. I wish they'd dump the crossovers and concentrate on getting some people who gel with the summer cast.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Jess seemed afraid that Luke was going give rebuttal and try to justify his actions. He wasn't, which I was impressed by. Liked that he took ownership and was simply going to apologize. I hope that they both learn something from. Luke, to better read cues and/or confirm consent and Jess, to be more clear/direct and speak her mind.

Still not sure why Luke was fired from Summer House, unless he's challenging to work with behind the scenes.

I love how Austen came in talking about how much he's into Olivia yet we know from the Southern Charm reunion that they just did the hook up for awhile thing and never fully committed. 

Craig is annoying as hell. But, knowing this was filmed 7 months ago and seeing that he & Paige are still together and he looks a lot better now gives me hope that he learns a little something and course corrects.  Something Austen doesn't appear willing to do. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 10/28/2022 at 6:04 PM, Passing Strange said:

I think it's more that people are migrating from forums like this to other venues. I post here but I read elsewhere.

Me, too. This isn't the owner's first rodeo, either, so maybe all the destruction was factored into the rental price. Or, as you said, maybe the production company swapped stuff out. i don't remember it being this bad last year, though. No one was idiotic enough to announce that the goal was to trash the house. If that keeps up I have to wonder if the owner will be back for a third season.

In a way I feel sorry for Jessica and how stunted her upbringing made her in some areas. But she's not going to always be able to count on some drunk aggro idiot being around to defend her when she gets herself in a situation. She needs to learn to stand up for herself. Not that it's easy. Most of us were taught to be considerate and we hate hurting someone's feelings. Plus, aggro idiots abound and it's scary how some men react to rejection. Still, we princesses need to be able to save ourselves.

I thought her conversation with Luke was odd. OK, you don't want an apology but that emphatic "no" to his request to talk was rude. I'm glad he got to make his apology to the camera. Unlike some, Luke accepted responsibility for his actions.

I'm not a Ciara fan but I loved her stink faces when Austen was talking. Her "nope" to his request for forgiveness was everything.

Paige seemed so over Craig (and well she should be) that I searched to see if they're still together. I found something from Craig that said they were. Worse was something else from Craig saying he was hoping he and Paige might get a spin off. <shriek!>

To me, it feels like this cast doesn't have the chemistry the Summer House people do. They're a friend group, the Southern Charm idiots are a group, the two single women wander around semi connecting and Jason is an island of hotness and good sense, so he fits in with nobody. I wish they'd dump the crossovers and concentrate on getting some people who gel with the summer cast.

Why in the world would Craig think he and Paige are interesting enough to get their own show?  He’s a failed drunken wanna be lawyer and she’s a girl who just a few short years ago was living with her parents, too clueless to take care of herself. Neither has advanced much in life well into their 30s. Must see tv for sure. Change the channel please. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, hottesthw said:

Why in the world would Craig think he and Paige are interesting enough to get their own show?  He’s a failed drunken wanna be lawyer and she’s a girl who just a few short years ago was living with her parents, too clueless to take care of herself. Neither has advanced much in life well into their 30s. Must see tv for sure. Change the channel please. 

Craig has repeatedly overstated his perceived value to Bravo and to the company he tells people he owns & operates. He's become a nightmare mashup of Jax Taylor and Heather Dubrow.

Craig (just like Kyke & Carl) was determined to undermine Luke, so he labeled Luke a predator. My take on Luke & Jess was that Luke wanted to mark Jess as "his" and Jess wanted to appear available. And Amanda likes mess that doesn't implicate her husband. 

Clearly any person has the right to change their mind at any time. Luke needed a cold hose turned on him and Jess was privately telling Luke she liked that he was pursuing her so this was gonna be a mess anyway. I just really hate Craig's Captain Save a Hoe bit, especially when he spent the better part of a decade hanging with TRav and Shep.

• Applause 2
  • Love 7
On 10/29/2022 at 7:45 AM, snarts said:

I love how Austen came in talking about how much he's into Olivia yet we know from the Southern Charm reunion that they just did the hook up for awhile thing and never fully committed. 

I was wondering about the timeline for the reunion versus filming Winter House.  Austen coming in with his jaws flapping about another girl just shows how (despite what he says) he is actually not sorry at all about his past behavior with Cierra.  Was it necessary to do that?  Especially since everyone now knows at the very least it was a showmance with Olivia and at the most it was a short lived hook-up.  He's overexaggerating the relationship on purpose, it seems.  And that purpose would be to hurt Cierra's feelings even when he's saying he's sorry he's done that in the past. 

And whether or not Cierra deserves an apology from Austen, he seems to understand she thinks she does and she does still in fact care, despite her declarations of the opposite.  So why would he do that?   As an aside, does Cierra have any personality at all?  I can't figure anything out about her despite her having been around for a few seasons now.  She's such a dud.  I guess when you look like she does a personality is not required.

I thought Jessica handled things well with Luke.  Luke is one of those guys who decides he's immediately in love with a girl ("Dude, I think about her when I'm brushing my teeth!")  without even having invested in a full conversation with her.  I find that so extremely annoying.  It's not about the girl at all, it's totally about him.  Body language doesn't matter to him because in his mind, they're already in love and who wouldn't want to be in love with him?  Gack.  

On 10/28/2022 at 5:04 PM, Passing Strange said:

Jason is an island of hotness and good sense, so he fits in with nobody.

Awww....Jason is far too good for this show.    

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I think Craig was still pissed about whatever happened at 4th of July and came into the house looking for reasons to be mad at Luke. Craig has screamed at everyone in the house, yet somehow he’s not the asshole? Im glad that Luke owned up to his behavior but I think Craig is the way bigger problem.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

I think Craig was still pissed about whatever happened at 4th of July and came into the house looking for reasons to be mad at Luke. Craig has screamed at everyone in the house, yet somehow he’s not the asshole? Im glad that Luke owned up to his behavior but I think Craig is the way bigger problem.

The apology Craig gave Luke was kinda half assed but if Luke is happy with it then yeah let's just squash this storyline and move on.  

ITA!  I know it's only been 3 episodes but this cast doesn't seem to have the same comradery that the previous seasons of S.H. had.  I'm just not digging these new people.  I like Jason and Rachel both as people and as a couple but they're coming across as a little dullsville.  Again, people I would love to have as friends IRL but for reality tv *yawn*.  Dollar Store Macklemore is a douche canoe and I'm already tired of Jess's I'm a dumb blonde schtick.  Looks like next week she tries to sell the I'm so edgy, I kiss girls schtick.   Gurl BYE!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

First of all….when old people used to say to me, “ I don’t understand that (song, tv, fashion, whatever)” I would get annoyed and think they just didn’t care to pay attention & keep up with the times…

however, at my advanced age (54 as of Sunday) 

i thought Rachel’s chin tattoo was dirt at first…

and Jessica is A REAL ESTATE AGENT IN THE METAVERSE?  The hell?  Do we *need* a house there??

and doesn’t that kinda seem like a level that you get to when you’re playing on Sims or something?

so fine.  This show is *so* not for me.  But I refuse to watch Murder She Wrote instead, so…

Edited by teapot
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7
6 hours ago, teapot said:

i thought Rachel’s chin tattoo was dirt at first…

I did too!  UGH it's the one thing that bugs me about her.  It's right there on her jawline and it just bugs me to death.

I wouldn't purchase a glass of lemonade from Jessica much less anything from the metaverse.  We're talking millions of dollars--no I would not trust her with that sort of exchange.  

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I have always liked Luke.  He has never really fit in this group and I wonder why he is there.  He is socially awkward and not good at body language.  But, I do feel like Jessica created the issue with him by flirting with him in private but telling the girls she is not that into him.  She needed to tell LUKE that instead of the girls.  I think Luke was a bit drunk, which in itself is weird because he doesn't normally drink. Her saying no to him having his say was rather rude but (and this is why I like him) Luke accepted it and gave a real apology to her.  Oh and he left the house because he realized Craig wanted to continue the argument.  

Speaking of Jessica, it looks like she is now starting on the girls not being accepting of her and excluding her from reindeer games.  How sad.

I like Rebecca and think her and Jason would be a cute couple.  They seem to have a lot in common.  Like getting up early, cleaning up and starting breakfast for the rest.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, gaPeach said:

I like Rebecca and think her and Jason would be a cute couple.  They seem to have a lot in common.  Like getting up early, cleaning up and starting breakfast for the rest.

You mean Rachel? 😄  Yeah I like her too.  Maybe a bit too normal and well adjusted for this group though.  I wonder if we'll see her next season.  My guess is probably not