Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E03: Ghosted

DanaK
  • Start Topic

Danny and Baez investigate after a vicious attack leaves their mutual friend, Maggie Gibson (Callie Thorne), hospitalized. Also, Frank and the Dream Team debate the appropriate memorial protocol for a former police commissioner with a questionable professional legacy; Jamie begs Erin to release a perp who can lead him to a powerful criminal; and Eddie's car is vandalized by her partner Badillo's (Ian Quinlan) ex-girlfriend, on BLUE BLOODS, Friday, Oct. 21 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Callie Thorne returns as Maggie Gibson, a psychic medium and Danny and Baez's mutual friend.

15 hours ago, DanaK said:

Eddie's car is vandalized

That's not Eddie's car!  It's Jamie's car (that used to be Joe's), but why did they use it for this story?  Why couldn't the ex have busted the windshield of Eddie's Porsche?  And why was there no scene of Jamie freaking out over it or even discussing it with Eddie?  It was very bizarre.  

Edited by Magnumfangirl
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

Who in the world is writing this stuff?  I can't believe these storylines got approved.

The foot chase shows that Super Jamie has recovered from that gunshot wound he received a couple of episodes ago.  I was surprised there were no scenes showing Jamie's reaction over the car considering its history.  There are so many characters in this show.  I'd be totally fine with limiting Eddie's screen time.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Neiman said:

Who in the world is writing this stuff?  I can't believe these storylines got approved.

The foot chase shows that Super Jamie has recovered from that gunshot wound he received a couple of episodes ago.  I was surprised there were no scenes showing Jamie's reaction over the car considering its history.  There are so many characters in this show.  I'd be totally fine with limiting eliminating Eddie's screen time.

There, fixed that for ya.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Msample said:

Was I the only one who wished that Baez and Danny were solving a murder vs an assault on the stupid psychic ? Her character is just...stupid. 

Callie Thorne is an AMAZING actor and...yeah. For a second there I thought she was going to lose her superpowers to set her up as a love interest for Danny. But then her superpowers came back and, so, yeah. 

• Love 1
On 10/21/2022 at 8:23 PM, DanaK said:

Also, Frank and the Dream Team debate the appropriate memorial protocol for a former police commissioner with a questionable professional legacy;

Seriously?   That's what their office moniker is?  Not as cringy as 'The Squad' but still up there

On 10/23/2022 at 12:34 AM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Elena Baez…

What a lovely name! ❤️

That's my first name too.  Always disliked it because I spent my entire life correcting people's pronunciation or spelling of it.  Oh well - was named after my great Aunt Helene - my mom just dropped the 'H'

13 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Callie Thorne is an AMAZING acto

In this role - yes.  I absolutely loathed her character on Rescue Me

On 10/22/2022 at 3:18 PM, TVForever said:

I'd be totally fine with limiting eliminating Eddie's screen time.

Or eliminating Eddie altogether.  I never warmed up to her character.  Even when they were only just riding partners, she always had some sort of jealousy over anyone in Jamie's life

15 hours ago, Brian Cronin said:

Callie Thorne is an AMAZING actor

2 hours ago, ctlady said:

In this role - yes.  I absolutely loathed her character on Rescue Me

That's the mark of a good actor...that they can make you love or hate a character. I first remember her from Homicide: Life On The Street. and enjoyed her there. I like the character, and they could do worse that pairing her with Danny. But unlike most other modern procedurals, the writers here seem to be deathly afraid of anybody getting romantically involved unless it's Eddie.

• Love 2

We finally watched this episode on Wednesday. A number of scenes were filmed (again) in our neighborhood. That conversation where Eddie meets up with the server/her partner’s ex was in a restaurant/bar called The Lowery  - that’s really its name and I recommend it. 

I liked the Frank and Danny stories. While Eddie is more tolerable when she’s on the beat with a partner that is not Jamie, that story was unnecessary. The Jamie/Anthony/Erin story not much better than Jamie and the Chevelle vandalism.  The dinner table was oddly placed and didn’t really add anything to the episode, imo. 

Spoiler

During the time this episode was filmed, we saw scenes filmed at night outside the funeral home in our neighborhood with a white gloved NYPD honor guard in front of a hearse. I expected to see that footage used in this episode. Was that left on the cutting room floor, or will it be used at a later date?

• Love 2

I too liked the Frank and Danny stories. Frank really had a sticky problem on his hands with that louse of a former PC. I guess in the end he went with full honors and speaking at the service in order to uphold the office. And I too liked the widow who clearly endured a lot. And I really like the psychic lady even if I don’t believe in that stuff and I like her chemistry with Danny

• Love 1

I wasn’t clear on what Frank meant by the last comment to the widow about, I know something you don’t.  What was that?  And, how did it pan out?  I couldn’t tell from the way Frank was talking with his dad.  I was surprised that an officer who left in disgrace received any formal send off.  

The way Eddie decided to not pursue charges against the woman vandal was odd to me.  The story the woman told was so lame.  It’s not like she suddenly encountered a discovery and lost her cool, but she planned it.  Totally, ridiculous, imo.  I guess this was a bone thrown to make us like Eddie.  🙄

Who keeps the baby while the mom is at work?  I thought they were going for a permanent babysitter with the psychic. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1

I don’t know why Frank’s dad call med her a widow.  She was not a widow. She was the ex-wife.  Frank  called her Mrs. Conners when he met her.  She said she hadn’t been Mrs. Conner for 14 years.  I don’t understand why she was fighting so hard for a flashy funeral for her ex in the first place.  
Eddie should not have handled the windshield incident as she did.  It was Jamie’s car not hers, and the insurance is going to want to know who broke the windshield.  

Edited by mythoughtis