Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: Frenemies - Chapter Seven: Infinity Inc. Part One

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

OPERATION BLACKOUT BOMB — After Beth (Anjelika Washington) makes a major discovery on The Gambler’s laptop, the team moves forward with a risky plan that effects the entire town of Blue Valley. Elsewhere, Jennie (guest star Ysa Penarejo) returns to the fold seeking help from Courtney (Brec Bassinger). 

Original Airdate: October 19, 2022   8 p.m.   CW 
STG307_0064r_f.jpg

Edited by AnimeMania

Yolanda's mother is the worst and I'm glad she left. No matter what Yolanda does, there's no trust.

I can clearly see why there's a limiter. Having super strength 24/7 is dangerous and is going to Rick's head. I definitely see him accidentally hurting someone.

That scene with Zeke and Jakeem was nice.

I feel bad for Todd.

Great to see the Shade again. Loved his banter with Jenny.

Looks like we're back to the shadowlands next ep

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, BeautifulFlower said:

Yolanda's mother is the worst and I'm glad she left. No matter what Yolanda does, there's no trust.

Absolutely, but ironically enough she was correct. Yolanda has been sneaking out and lying about taking extra shifts for reasons that most parents would freak out about.

Apparently Mr. Bones isn't the one watching the cameras, which actually makes sense.  It would be kind of a stupid mystery if the guy who declared he was going to keep an eye on Blue Valley was revealed to be.... keeping an eye on Blue Valley.

I found the ep to be mostly quite dark.

Yolanda will not win with her mother. At least she can go to Court's home and even just talk to Barbara. Yeah, her mom should be a bit concerned that her little girl has chosen a path or been put on a path to be a crimefighter of sorts. That is her journey. Beth's parents are really supportive.

Nice that The Shade has returned. Plus Jennie the Green Lantern.

The camera viewer is a bit creepy.

Shadowlands for part 2? The car coming down the middle of main street was well done.

13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I found the ep to be mostly quite dark.

Yolanda will not win with her mother. At least she can go to Court's home and even just talk to Barbara. Yeah, her mom should be a bit concerned that her little girl has chosen a path or been put on a path to be a crimefighter of sorts. That is her journey. Beth's parents are really supportive.

Yeah, at this point, there is no winning with her mom. Yes, early on you got it and also Yolanda lying about things. However, at this point the rest of the family has and wants to move on. Yet she is: "You flashed your boobs for a stupid boy and got it shown everywhere. Now you want to be a super hero! Get the FUCK OUT!" At that point it's: "Yeah, why do you keep making it about yourself? You aren't shit in Blue Valley."

Edited by readster
no winning not winning

I agree that Yolanda's mom is the worst but it always annoys me when teenagers act like their parents can't look through their phones.  Like, give me a break.  I don't think parents should be demanding to check the phone daily but scrolling through it every now and then on the DL or looking through it if your kid starts acting suspicious is probably a good idea.  

When they showed Todd at the beginning of this episode, I actually thought he was going to turn out the be the video stalker but nope.  So yay, the mystery continues.  Are there any more members of the Injustice Society that it could be?  Possibly a zombie-fied Dragon King?  Maybe an unaccounted for JSA member?  

• Love 3

I’d like to know how the creepy video surveillance was set up? How does this person have to time and ability to just walk into peoples homes , punch a bunch of cameras all over the house, school, businesses etc and nobody notices? Are Blue Valley residents so used to the bizarre they just duck their heads and shut up? 

Yolonda and her mom. I said this last week but Yolonda has inherited her Moms attitude, right down to not giving Cindy a chance. I hope the time with Corts family will open her eyes. Of course her Mom is still unreasonable jerk.

Shade and Jennie! So good to have them both back, and we finally get to meet Todd. I’m wondering if somehow the siblings are connected, Jennie has the light and Todd takes on the darkness?  As for Shade, love him no matter how grumpy he is. 

• Love 4

The Shade has returned!  All is right in the world!  Okay, that might be an exaggeration but I really do love this character and the different kind of dynamic he brings to the show and the other characters.  Can't wait to see more of him and Pat in the Shadowlands.  Assuming that nothing bad happens (I mean, they already did the whole temporary death thing with him.  They wouldn't do that again, right?  Right?!)

Also good seeing Jennifer again and finally catching up on what is going down with Todd and Mr. Bones (and his badass Keith David voice!)  Things certainly do not look good for old Todd, so hopefully they figure something out.  Doesn't sound like Mr. Bones is the one behind the surveillance stuff, but I still wonder if it will end up connected somehow.

Glad Yolanda is leaving her family.  While it's ironic that Yolanda's mom was actually in the right about her daughter lying to her and sneaking off, she (and everyone else) have just been so judgmental and horrible towards Yolanda that it was really becoming massively toxic and affecting other aspects of Yolanda's life.  Not saying a reconciliation or a way to make amends is off the table, but Yolanda honestly just needs to cut them off for now until they start getting their shit together.  And hopefully her possibly staying with Courtney and the family will make Yolanda herself realize that some of her most recent actions have been flawed.  Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

Yeah, Beth better me making notes and letting everyone know about how ragey Unlimited Power Rick is becoming.  That is not going to end well!

Zeek continues to be a man of culture and wisdom (and really knows his cameras!)

While I've been generally enjoying him as a whole, Sylvester's commentary during all of the "performances" was probably the best use so far of Joel McHale's natural snark and ability to make any wiseass remark funny.  Although my favorite part of all of that was Pat's prayer somehow ending with the Pledge of Allegiance.  Oh, Pat!

• Love 2

Y'all have covered most everything - although I will say that I was upset at Rick just smashing school property. The school district has already spent so much money on cleanup and remodeling!

As someone who is not familiar with the comic character, I'm going to need a bunch of exposition on whatever the deal with Todd (+ Jennie) is.

• Love 2

We still have so many questions! Who is the person watching everyone in Blue Valley? How did they get those cameras everywhere? Who killed the Gambler? And, most importantly...will that puzzle ever be completed?! 

Its so great to have Shade around again, he's just an absolute delight, I love the energy he brings to the show. Even when he's tired and isn't up for dealing with the kids shenanigans, he's awesome and he and Jenny have great banter. Hopefully he and Pat get out of the dark world soon, although the two of them having to team up to get out sounds pretty great. It was a heavy episode for brining characters back, we also get to finally meet poor Todd, check in with Jenny, and we get to finally see Mr. Bones again, who looks pretty damn cool. 

Yolanda's mom sucks, but she actually isn't wrong this time about Yolanda keeping secrets and sneaking out, and even good parents probably would be quite concerned about their teenage daughter becoming a super hero. At this point though Yolanda's mom is so on Yolanda for everything and is so terrible towards her, her leaving the house seems inevitable even if Yolanda did hand her phone over and tell the truth, or something close to it. I am actually hoping that this could be a wake up call, seeing how her mom has influenced her and her own judgmental tendencies. 

Zeek is truly a gentleman and a scholar, I am so glad that he's getting more screen time this season. 

On 10/21/2022 at 12:09 AM, thuganomics85 said:

While I've been generally enjoying him as a whole, Sylvester's commentary during all of the "performances" was probably the best use so far of Joel McHale's natural snark and ability to make any wiseass remark funny.

I felt like he was really channeling that old The Soup energy. 

• Love 2

I was watching Rick and Morty a few weeks ago, and I think this quote sums up Zeke: "Wow, aren't you just an arch character." I mean, he's good people, but does he have to be so . . . magical? Is that the best word? On the plus side, Jakeem did need a boost, because the Thunderbolt mishaps have gotten stale.

Being normal and acting normal are two completely different things in the Duggan/Whitmore house. I would've just played with Buddy until the "Blackout Bomb" went off.  The family elected to make awkward small talk at the dinner table. Took me a few seconds for me to remember that they were under surveillance.

Heh . . . the Shade & Jade Show. They should take their act on the road.

Helluva introduction to Todd. Nice to finally see Mister Bones again. Even if the character is blah, he still has Keith David's voice, and that guy kills it in every gig he does.

• Like 1