Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E30: Chris Wallace; Chris Christie; Katty Kay

• Start Topic

I thought everyone was good all around. I wouldn't vote for Christie, but he's not dumb and he likes to talk. I think he was slightly short sighted on just 'changing the law' because Congress isn't changing any laws anytime soon. I would have liked to hear his answer if when he was governor if a majority of his citizens did want weed decriminalized what he would do. I mean, he's correct in saying, they voted for me I made the decision, they voted for someone else, they get to make their decision. I don't think it's that 0 or 1. He's a prosecutor first though, so I see where he is coming from. One thing he did point out that I don't think Bill caught was that it weed really hasn't been studied per se, as in, put through the scientific, peer reviewed process. Everything we know is true, but anecdotal. If they're not changing any laws, I'd like to see something pass where NIH can offer a funding outlet to rigorously study weed. 

The talk about the nuclear weapons in OT was a highlight for me. Christie and Wallace really had a good discussion. I don't think Putin will use nuclear weapons, but you can't be dismissive out of hand either. On the show, they've talked about having to give him some 'off ramp', but I think Kay was correct in that he hasn't taken the ones he's passed by already. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

Christie admitting that he voted for 45, in both '16 and '20 😐 At least he was honest, unlike Wallace's weasly "it's called a secret ballot" answer, but still. Can't really call Christie a 'reasonable Republican' with that on his record. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Christie didn't just vote for Trump, he was part of the debate prep team. Team Trump refused masks and Christie was like, sure, I'm in a high risk group, but for you Mr. President, I'll take my chances. The fact that he thinks he has the slightest chance of impressing anyone - right or left or MAGA - with his past record as a governor or as a human being speaks to his massive ego. 

6 hours ago, tessaray said:

About all I can say is that it was very weird listening to Bill gush about Biden. 

Something tells me Bill's newfound love for Biden has a more than a little bit to do with the fact that Biden is the constant target of ageism. Now that Bill is over 60 and is afraid he'll catch the old man cooties, he abhors ageism.  

Edited by canaanite2
  • Like 3
  • Love 4

Christie was hoping to be attorney general for Trump.

So he's not going to burn bridges with him.  And he knows broadly that Trump will give him the policy things he wants.

He probably doesn't make enough as a media commentator for him to not want to have some big role in a GOP administration.

At some point there is a comparison to be made of Christie and DeSantis, who were both favorites because they were good at verbally bullying the mainstream media, which the conservatives love.

That is until Christie actually ran and got nowhere.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, canaanite2 said:

Now that Bill is over 60 and is afraid he'll catch the old man cooties, he abhors ageism.  

Bill turns 67 in January, but Christie just turned 60 and is not on Medicare yet like "our age" Bill

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
On 10/8/2022 at 4:54 PM, canaanite2 said:

Something tells me Bill's newfound love for Biden has a more than a little bit to do with the fact that Biden is the constant target of ageism. Now that Bill is over 60 and is afraid he'll catch the old man cooties, he abhors ageism.  

I was thinking it was more the weed pardons. And the prospect of it coming off the Schedule 1 list.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Not a particularly memorable episode. Christie makes an excellent foil for Bill - they could do a buddy movie together. Other than that, I thought Katty's "maybe no one wants to have children with you Bill" was particularly cruel.  Insulting the host in his/her house is bad form, IMO.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Not a particularly memorable episode. Christie makes an excellent foil for Bill - they could do a buddy movie together. Other than that, I thought Katty's "maybe no one wants to have children with you Bill" was particularly cruel.  Insulting the host in his/her house is bad form, IMO.

Ditto. I thought that was a low blow. I was impressed Bill maintained his composure and kept the show moving as well as he did. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, Winston Wolfe said:

It was cruel.  He seemed hurt and caught off guard.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
40 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

I know a lot of us are critical of Bill. He can be arrogant. He can be obsessed with cancel culture. He can put his foot in his mouth. But I have never considered him cruel. That comment made to him was indeed cruel. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Would catty Katty dare berate a female show host who has no children as a "joke"? Choosing not to have children you don't want or don't feel equipped to handle is the RIGHT thing to do! California is already full of guys with multiple baby mamas and children they rarely see.

Edited by deirdra
  • Like 1
  • Love 7

I don't think Bill GAF about being told maybe there aren't any women who want to have children with him.

It looked like he was on the verge of saying there are plenty, believe me.

• Useful 1

People who aren't normally funny just shouldn't try to be funny. Any public speaking guidance always includes this. For some reason, I've been gifted that skill, minimally. You can't go to that well too often though because then it's hacky. 

I don't think she really had any malice; she was trying to make a crack about Bill not having kids. He retort was derivative and too obvious. The better joke would be 'Well, it's not like you're out of practice amirite? I seen all those pictures of you at the Playboy club.' Or, 'You need some practice? What's up for you after the show?' [witchy wink]. I could work more blue, but I'll hold back. 

• Wink 1
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Would catty Katty dare berate a female show host who has no children as a "joke"? Choosing not to have children you don't want or don't feel equipped to handle is the RIGHT thing to do! California is already full of guys with multiple baby mamas and children they rarely see.

Women get shamed a lot for being childfree, but you're right. There's no way I could see her being that bold with a female host. And I really respect that Bill's been responsible and not had kids all over town just to prove he's a man or whatever. 

1 hour ago, aghst said:

I don't think Bill GAF about being told maybe there aren't any women who want to have children with him.

It looked like he was on the verge of saying there are plenty, believe me.

I don't doubt there is. He's rich and famous. 

23 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

People who aren't normally funny just shouldn't try to be funny. Any public speaking guidance always includes this. For some reason, I've been gifted that skill, minimally. You can't go to that well too often though because then it's hacky. 

I don't think she really had any malice; she was trying to make a crack about Bill not having kids. He retort was derivative and too obvious. The better joke would be 'Well, it's not like you're out of practice amirite? I seen all those pictures of you at the Playboy club.' Or, 'You need some practice? What's up for you after the show?' [witchy wink]. I could work more blue, but I'll hold back. 

She may not have meant any malice, but I think many people's feelings would have been hurt by such a comment. 

• Love 3
On 10/10/2022 at 10:22 AM, heatherchandler said:
On 10/9/2022 at 8:05 PM, Winston Wolfe said:

I didn’t see it that way.

First off, Bill seemed off with Wallace. Wallace was quick and smart, and the points Bill were trying to make got lost.

Then comes Christie with his Northeastern rudeness, and Bill was a little more lost. Christie impressed me with his wit and quickness. I don’t care who he votes for.

Bill’s opinion on TV shows and how kids act was meaningless. He has no kids. Katy Kay shot one off to Bill on that, too.

Sting, sting, sting.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 10/10/2022 at 10:22 AM, heatherchandler said:

I’m sorry, I misread this comment. I thought it was referring to Christie (reading through too quickly 😔) Actually, I agree with Bill on the kids on TV thing, and I’ve said it myself more than once. It’s not reality, IMO.

And Katy Kay WAS mean. She probably thought she was channeling Christie, but it was uncalled for.

• Love 3
On 10/13/2022 at 4:56 AM, Tara said:

Actually, I agree with Bill on the kids on TV thing, and I’ve said it myself more than once. It’s not reality, IMO.

But Bill thinks it is reality.  The best part of the show was when childless Bill was telling two people with kids how kids act!

5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

But Bill thinks it is reality.  The best part of the show was when childless Bill was telling two people with kids how kids act!

Maybe Bill was just saying, “Why is the media, in this case TV media, portraying kids as know-it-all, arrogant, spoiled morons.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Tara said:

Maybe Bill was just saying, “Why is the media, in this case TV media, portraying kids as know-it-all, arrogant, spoiled morons.

If he was, I would've agreed with him.  I can't watch TV shows with kids for that particular reason.  He wasn't talking about TV kids, he was talking about kids in general.

On 10/14/2022 at 10:04 AM, sugarbaker design said:

He doesn't, IMO - he just relates his kid-less perspective, which is kinda refreshing to me.

• LOL 1
On 10/14/2022 at 1:36 PM, Tara said:

That IS what Bill was saying.  And people with kids are rarely objective about their own kids.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 2
On 10/10/2022 at 11:03 AM, RealHousewife said:

I know a lot of us are critical of Bill. He can be arrogant. He can be obsessed with cancel culture. He can put his foot in his mouth. But I have never considered him cruel. That comment made to him was indeed cruel. 

Wow, I have heard Bill be cruel plenty. His almost constant mockery of fat people, his racial microaggressions, his targeting of people who have the gall to believe in God or practice a religion. Dude doesn't set out to be cruel but his way of sharing his negative opinions frequently diminishes and insults people who are different from him.

I'll take another look at Katty's comment. I'm glad to hear someone push back on Bill's arrogance.

• Love 7