Type keyword(s) to search

Zoila Chavez: Housekeeper Extraordinaire

I don't like anything about this woman.  I know that Jeff, Jenny and Andy Cohen have pushed her for a long time, but I never bought it.  It's sad though, because if Jeff got rid of her, where would she go?  

• Love 1

I miss the old Zoila! Seems like her humor has become a little more mean-spirited, perhaps a product of working with people who trade verbal barbs on a daily basis -- I miss when her humor used to be endearing, although she did twerk in the last episode which I'll admit did make me giggle.

Boy it sure is amazing how the tide has turned with Zoila. Almost everyone loved her at the beginning. Now it seems like it's the complete opposite.

As a long time watcher, I like that Jeff and Jenny have changed and grown. Zoila hasn't really, or at least not in a positive way.

As a long time watcher, I like that Jeff and Jenny have changed and grown. Zoila hasn't really, or at least not in a positive way.

I agree. I hate how Zoila talks about Gage. He has been in Jeff's life for six years, so I would think most people would grow up and deal with it, but Zoila still makes petty comments. Also, how Zoila was not a fan of Lupe, who I think Jeff thought did a better job than Zoila. Zoila is almost like a child with how threatened and petty she is when someone new or major (like a boyfriend) comes into Jeff's life. Was it last season or so when Zoila got all mad when Gage gave Zoila's teasing back to her? She can dish it, but cannot take it.

Like you said Jeff and Jenny have grown and changed a lot since the start of this series. It is almost like Zoila has regressed or got more bitter as she has aged.

• Love 1

I love Zoila.

She is no different from the how the rest of them treat each other. They all tease, joke and annoy each other.

Jeff loves her and she is part of his interesting family.

• Love 1

I don't hate Zoila and that's simply because I don't think she's as bad as she comes across.  I think she means well, but she tries too hard to be like Jeff and it doesn't come out the same way his sense of humor does.  Maybe it's partly due to a language barrier, maybe it's because Jeff naturally has that kind of sarcastic sense of humor where we instinctively know he's being sarcastic and not serious.  Zoila doesn't seem to have that even though she probably thinks she does.  I believe a lot of what she says and does that many find to be "bitchy" she does it to try to fit in, but it just doesn't translate well on screen.  Certainly not as well as Jeff's sense of humor does.  I think if Zoila was as bad as many seem to think she is, Jeff wouldn't have hesitated to can her ass years ago.  And I certainly don't think for a minute that he would consider having her take care of any of his future children if he felt for one second that she'd mistreat them in any way.  I think too much of her "bitchy" behavior is due to a combination of it not translating well and being played up for the show.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't know I mainly see her "bitchy" behavior targeting certain individuals like Gage but there are others she is dismissive of as well. It isn't just the word choices it's her tone of voice which is worlds different when she is talking to Jenny, Jeff and Vaniana. 

She also tries to sabotage people which isn't a language thing both with the new dude and the second maid that Jeff hired a few years ago to help her. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

I don't hate Zoila and that's simply because I don't think she's as bad as she comes across. I think she means well, but she tries too hard to be like Jeff and it doesn't come out the same way his sense of humor does. Maybe it's partly due to a language barrier, maybe it's because Jeff naturally has that kind of sarcastic sense of humor where we instinctively know he's being sarcastic and not serious. Zoila doesn't seem to have that even though she probably thinks she does. I believe a lot of what she says and does that many find to be "bitchy" she does it to try to fit in, but it just doesn't translate well on screen. Certainly not as well as Jeff's sense of humor does. I think if Zoila was as bad as many seem to think she is, Jeff wouldn't have hesitated to can her ass years ago. And I certainly don't think for a minute that he would consider having her take care of any of his future children if he felt for one second that she'd mistreat them in any way. I think too much of her "bitchy" behavior is due to a combination of it not translating well and being played up for the show.

I agree I don't think she is as bad as she is portrayed on the show (I hope). It does seem like the show always has a villain. Early seasons it was Jeff, then Chris (Jenni's ex) and Ryan, then Gage. It helped the few seasons where they humanized her by talking about her family. Now she just plays a character and wears a costume for no reason.

• Love 1
I remember the other maid (maids?) that Jeff hired to help her hated her.  I vaguely remember complaints that she treated her/them like shit.

I recall Zoila also wasn't very nice to Jett, who was the house assistant for a while. Jett seemed very competent in his job, and easy to get along with, but Zoila was pretty rude to him at times. Of course, she was "joking", which I think is just passive-aggressive hostility.   I think she is jealous of anyone who she believes may threatens her job, or who gets too close to Jeff.

• Love 3