Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I wouldn't put it past Ron to do that. Hopefully if that scenario happens, somebody pushes Theresa down a flight of stairs and she won't be having Alex's baby after all. Even better if she dies as a result of the fall. 

Yeah, I pretty much hate her at this point. I can't stand her anymore; I can't wait until she's gone from this show forever. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Dr Mark Greene? Subtle as ever, Ron.

He wasn't trying to be subtle. They point blank mentioned the ER connection and even had Mark say that's why he became a doctor. I loved it. It's cute.

Enjoyed all the scenes around the prom today. That's my type of shit. The photo montage was just the kind of cheese I love. I was kinda hoping Sophia would pull a Carrie on Tate though lol.

I like Brady and Theresa so I'm glad Ron hasn't just dropped that entirely. I forgot she slept with Brady and Alex on the same day; you're right @brisbydog, a WTD? is totally coming.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 2
  • Love 6
49 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

He wasn't trying to be subtle. They point blank mentioned the ER connection and even had Mark say that's why he became a doctor. I loved it. It's cute.

Enjoyed all the scenes around the prom today. That's my type of shit. The photo montage was just the kind of cheese I love. I was kinda hoping Sophia would pull a Carrie on Tate though lol.

I like Brady and Theresa so I'm glad Ron hasn't just dropped that entirely. I forgot she slept with Brady and Alex on the same day; you're right @brisbydog, a WTD? is totally coming.

If they go the WTD route, whoever the dad turns out to be needs to sue for sole custody of the child and ban Theresa from having any kind of contact with her kid for the next 18 years. I really can't see Alex willingly raising a kid though and he probably might just dump the baby with a nanny and just go do his own thing. 

I also don't know why Ron is wasting our time with Alex/Theresa/Brady when nobody cares or is even invested and a large majority of fans despise and hate Theresa as is. We all know how it's going to ultimately end anyway. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
20 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I like them, too. I didn’t realize we were in the minority. At least I’m in good company!

I think a lot of us like them but the show has no clue how to write for them. Which is unfortunate because I see a lot of people do like them and yet the show seems to not see them beyond filler. You would think a soap on life support would capitalize on anything that trends in a positive direction.

I am also glad people are finally coming around to loathing Theresa as much as I do. I've been telling you for years now how much she sucks...

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I think a lot of us like them but the show has no clue how to write for them. Which is unfortunate because I see a lot of people do like them and yet the show seems to not see them beyond filler. You would think a soap on life support would capitalize on anything that trends in a positive direction.

I am also glad people are finally coming around to loathing Theresa as much as I do. I've been telling you for years now how much she sucks...

Believe me, a lot of people have been hating Theresa for many years, a lot more than you might realize. But most people only liked her or even tolerated her because of Jen Lilley and now she's gone, there's just nothing else to like about her. 

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Believe me, a lot of people have been hating Theresa for many years, a lot more than you might realize. But most people only liked her or even tolerated her because of Jen Lilley and now she's gone, there's just nothing else to like about her. 

Why is she on so much? I feel like it's every other day. Nobody is invested in this character or either of her doomed relationships

• Like 4

Just some random thoughts:  Jules & Carver are so cute, wish we had seen more of them,  Eli as Handsome as ever,  I liked hearing Abe read that poem, I had never heard it before, but Abe's (James) shaking hands worry me, I hope he is OK.  It seemed way Too easy for Chad & Julie to get the Combination to that safe box at the bank & then Julie shows up back home in time to see Eli!  She must have been on a Super-Sonic Jet! :)  EJ & Stefan's snark was fun to watch.   The scene with Jada talking to Stefan was odd & seemed to come out of 'left field"   On Today's show, how convenient that Holly had a party dress and Aaron had a suit for the evening.  Brady & Theresa looked 'silly" in their 'throw back" Prom outfits.  I did laugh at the funny Prom pictures, that was cute & seemed like something actual Teens would do.   

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Why is she on so much? I feel like it's every other day. Nobody is invested in this character or either of her doomed relationships

Probably because Ron is obsessed with Emily O'Brien and I think the storyline with Alex and Xander is on the verge of reaching its conclusion, so it's bound to get a lot of airtime. But yeah, you would think that Ron would get the message with how many people online are having a negative reaction about the way Theresa has been portrayed and written up to this point. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Probably because Ron is obsessed with Emily O'Brien

That's exactly what I was going to say. Once Ron has picked his favorites, he either doesn't care what the viewers think, or, more likely, he loves it when we hate them.

• Like 6
  • Angry 1
1 hour ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I also don't know why Ron is wasting our time with Alex/Theresa/Brady when nobody cares or is even invested and a large majority of fans despise and hate Theresa as is.

Don't speak for everybody.  I care about their storyline.  I like Theresa.  So don't assume that everybody "despises" her.

• Like 7
50 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Probably because Ron is obsessed with Emily O'Brien and I think the storyline with Alex and Xander is on the verge of reaching its conclusion, so it's bound to get a lot of airtime. But yeah, you would think that Ron would get the message with how many people online are having a negative reaction about the way Theresa has been portrayed and written up to this point. 

But a plot about Xander finding out about his father should feature Xander now and then? He's on once a week to her 3x. And I am certain Paul has a far bigger fan base than Emily

• Like 6
  • Love 2

The longer an actor has been on the show, the more they typically get paid, especially if they're popular. The newer actors are paid less, so they are more affordable and appear more frequently.

It sucks.

Or, they're a pet of the showrunner and get shoved down our throats.

I hold no ill will towards Emily, who clearly is doing what she can with Gwen and Theresa. It just needs to stop. I'd be fine seeing her somewhere else but the sooner she vanishes from DAYS the better.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
19 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Sophia is going to be the Sami to Tate and Holly’s Austin and Carrie.

Not when she finds out that Aaron's into her.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Well Prom Photos were cute!

Dr Mark Greene? Subtle as ever, Ron.

image.thumb.png.628736ae20aab66603d68535f3e37353.png

So no one noticed the name of the banker yesterday was Theodore J. Mooney.  Gale Gordon AKA Mr. Mooney from the Lucy Show?  

• Like 2
  • LOL 7
14 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I didn’t get the impression that she liked Aaron.

She might not yet, but that could change.

• Like 4
6 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I guess you haven't heard.  Rumors are flying that

Spoiler

Theresa will be repeating the paternity story that Sami had with Lucas and EJ, giving birth to twins, one of them fathered by Alex and the other by Brady.  The DNA results are going to be inconclusive and the only way to tell which is which is to wait up and see which baby walks into walls more than the other.

The storyline will go on for YEARS and YEARS.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 1
  • LOL 8
7 hours ago, boes said:

I guess you haven't heard.  Rumors are flying that

The storyline will go on for YEARS and YEARS.

That definitely wouldn't surprise me, especially if Ron wants her to keep on bouncing between Alex and Brady for many more years to come. I can't imagine how Theresa is going to be dealing with two babies; she was barely able to handle one. I hope that one of the babies ends up being a girl; I've always wanted her to have a daughter for many years. 

• Useful 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I also don't know why Ron is wasting our time with Alex/Theresa/Brady when nobody cares or is even invested ...

15 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Nobody is invested in this character or either of her doomed relationships ...

This simply isn't true. I enjoy this version of Theresa (I didn't care for JL's version) as does @Rodney. There could be more but often people don't want to post an opinion that goes against the majority. I also think sometimes we as fans tend think that our opinions are the end all be all when it isn't true. 

14 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Jen Lilley is why I hated Theresa in the first place. 

Right lol.

10 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Sophia is going to be the Sami to Tate and Holly’s Austin and Carrie.

I hope! I am loving Sophia. 

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 4
  • Love 4
18 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This simply isn't true. I enjoy this version of Theresa (I didn't care for JL's version) as does @Rodney. There could be more but often people don't want to post an opinion that goes against the majority. I also think sometimes we as fans tend think that our opinions are the end all be all when it isn't true. 

I apologize. I should have been more clear. I meant that no matter how good Emily is, that you can't get committed to Theresa's relationships because you know they are both doomed. Brady will never forgive her for dumping him for money, and Alex will hate her for messing with his life and treating him like a payday

Today's show was bad.

Alex is awful. I wonder if Joey and Victor consider Justin as not really their father cause of biology.  I wish that Justin would tell him to eff off when the truth comes out, but he won't.

So called teens are boring. Skipped the lot 

Leo's memories of Diana make me sick and I was never a huge Diana fan. But now she's like Miss Hannigan from Annie? Abusive and neglectful? Clearly we are getting Leo is John's son part 2 given his sudden bond with Marlena. 

Kayla was fantastic as usual. Love her laying into Ava and being supportive to Steve.

If Harris has been reprogrammed to kill Ava and then himself I will love Ron forever.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

If Harris has been reprogrammed to kill Ava and then himself I will love Ron forever.

Be still, my heart!!  If only dreams DID come true!  Harris might finally, finally, be interesting to me.

33 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Clearly we are getting Leo is John's son part 2 given his sudden bond with Marlena.

Oh yuck.  Which would mean that Leo was coming on to his brother, Brady, his nephew, Will and his husband, Sonny, leering at his adoptive brother, Eric, and the list goes on.

Yeah, the guy is adorable.

• LOL 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

I can't imagine how Theresa is going to be dealing with two babies; she was barely able to handle one.

Hate her all you want, that's your right, but don't make up plot points we never saw LOL. Theresa raised him in LA without issue for like...16 years. While also caring for her grandma. That's pretty darn good.

Sure, she sucks now but that doesn't alter the 16 years that supposedly went by that we didn't see and heard nothing negative about as they unfolded.

Boes, that sounds terrible, lazy and infuriating. I appreciate the forewarning.

How do Stayla STILL set the screen on fire all these years later? They put teen romance to shame. Good on them!

Kayla hating on Ava gave me such joy today. Roman must be forgetting things to not hate her anywhere near as much.

If Ron wants Leo to bang every male in Salem, just write the orgy episode and get it over with already so the rest of us can skip it. I ***cannot*** deal with this pervy creep anymore. Him being a mouthpiece for the showrunner makes it even worse.

Justin, freeze out your horrible son for at least a year after the truth comes out. You don't deserve to be treated like this at all. He's garbage. Walk away and don't look back.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 7
  • Applause 4

Today was pretty good, especially when you fast forward what you don't care about lol.

I love all things teen scenes so I enjoyed all of that.

I actually like Leo but I have no desire to watch him confront his mom or really for any of this. Just let him be a sassy little bitch; I don't need a tragic backstory!

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Today was pretty good, especially when you fast forward what you don't care about lol.

I love all things teen scenes so I enjoyed all of that.

I actually like Leo but I have no desire to watch him confront his mom or really for any of this. Just let him be a sassy little bitch; I don't need a tragic backstory!

Some characters are best as comic relief and not much else yet Leo is a Ron avatar and well .. yeah.

I'm just glad my memories of GF's Diana aren't tainted here.

• Like 5

I liked Theresa today. I actually felt like she was pretty much calling Brady an idiot without directly saying it. Which, he is. lol 

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
11 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Brady will never forgive her for dumping him for money, and Alex will hate her for messing with his life and treating him like a payday

Brady has forgiven worse things and continued to be involved with said person e.g. Kristen. He has also forgiven things that Theresa has done that is worst than this e.g. almost killing John and framing Brady for it.

• Like 7
30 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Brady has forgiven worse things and continued to be involved with said person e.g. Kristen. He has also forgiven things that Theresa has done that is worst than this e.g. almost killing John and framing Brady for it.

True. Brady is a moron. Alex though should never get over this especially if it's clear she never loved him 

• Like 3
(edited)
16 hours ago, boes said:

Oh yuck.  Which would mean that Leo was coming on to his brother, Brady, his nephew, Will and his husband, Sonny, leering at his adoptive brother, Eric, and the list goes on.

Yeah, the guy is adorable.

And Sister Marie actually married her brother Tom. That's how Days rolls.

And yes, I'm a Leo fan. Maybe Dr. Greene will have a change of heart.

9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

No, we (his fans) don't...but the people who think he's just as bad as Alex might understand where he's coming from.

Edited by Soapy Goddess
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Soapy Goddess said:

No, we (his fans) don't...but the people who think he's just as bad as Alex might understand where he's coming from.

I feel like this Leo stuff will just make the people who hate him hate him more. Personally, I'll probably just fast forward it. I enjoy Leo as comic relief but I don't think GR is very good at playing much else.

Alex really is a huge dick but I think that's what RSW plays best so imo it's the only way to make the character work. I think the writers might possibly want some nuance in the stuff with Alex/Justin though but RSW is just incapable of playing it.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I feel like this Leo stuff will just make the people who hate him hate him more. Personally, I'll probably just fast forward it. I enjoy Leo as comic relief but I don't think GR is very good at playing much else.

Alex really is a huge dick but I think that's what RSW plays best so imo it's the only way to make the character work. I think the writers might possibly want some nuance in the stuff with Alex/Justin though but RSW is just incapable of playing it.

I think you're right about Greg Rikaart.  I've watched him for years on Y&R and disliked his acting there, as well.  I think, no matter who was playing the character, that it would be difficult if not impossible for anyone to make this character likeable to me, due to the unrelenting sexual harrassment - IMO - the character engages in and the way Show seems to think it's funny.  Not to me, anyway.

I co-sign everything you said about Alex!

• Like 6
  • Love 2
(edited)
17 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I hear what you (and boes) are saying about Leo, but I'm hoping that delving into his past might give Greg the opportunity to show a different side of Leo. 

Regardless, I enjoy his silly innuendos. For me, it's the same as when Calliope and Eugene were the comic relief. I don't think they were good at playing much else either, but many viewers enjoyed their antics.

P.S. Believe it or not, as someone here who used to defend Alex, I've grown to despise the character. 

Edited by Soapy Goddess
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

GR is pretty good playing a sociopath. I loathed Kevin(and still do but I digress) but he was so good at being a sociopath. The problem was they redeemed him but that's another discussion. However as Leo he worked as comic relief in the beginning then he became creepy and honestly should've been dumped off the Salem Pier after being rolled up in a rug.

• Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
55 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I like Alex more now that's he's being a dumb asshole but I just don't really see the need for him tbh. But I guess there's not a need for any of the characters really lol.

Yeah at least I feel like the writers want me to think he is a feckless idiot who I'm not supposed to like, going back to when Melinda mocked him on their blind date.

• Like 5
34 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...huh?

Oh yeah.  I'm going to probably get some of the details wrong so everybody, please correct or add to what I get wrong or forget.

Tommy Jr. supposedly went missing and presumed dead while serving in the Korean War.  Many years later, his brother Bill Horton meets and brings back to Salem a doctor named Mark Brooks.  The Horton family takes to him and he starts dating Marie Horton who unknown to him is his sister.  He had reconstructive plastic surgery as well as complete memory loss so Tommy didn't know he was a Horton and nobody else did either.  I can't remember any particulars as to why he had no memory or what happened to him all those years he was gone, but he and Marie were an item.  The truth was discovered before he and Marie got married.  I don't remember if Marie was a nun for a short time before she almost married her brother or if that happened afterwards.

• Like 3
  • Useful 4

Boes, you & I are on the same page regarding our memory of Tommy & Marie. When she found out that "Mark" was her brother Tommy, she was so devastated that she wound up going to the convent and becoming a nun.

I should have edited the word actually for almost. IIRC, she found out at the 11th hour...before the planned wedding. In fact, it might even have been at the rehearsal dinner. Either way, I'm sure they did the hanky-panky, which drove her to the convent.

• Useful 4
  • Love 2

Nice montage at the end.

If they're going to cast 20-somethings to play teenagers, maybe don't make such a huge fuss about them *gasp* having the sex on prom night! It looks silly.

I mean...isn't that kind of a right of passage for some teens anyway? And now that the show has acknowledged gay and bi people exist, and has always acknowledged that married religious people take vows and then cheat and have babies out of wedlock, isn't it time to let go of this silly idea that sex = bad if you still live with your parents (as most of the adults in Salem do anyway)? 

Brady certainly looked like he felt bad for his son. It would have been so refreshing if he'd sat him down calmly before prom, insisted he use protection if the moment happened with Sophia (or whoever) and left it at that.

They may not like that he's into Holly, but he is. It's not changing. So...just help him navigate the relationship. Isn't that what good parenting should be about?

Gwenresa is awful.

Deidre gave the weirdest line reading about the cake, like it was super serious that she might not have it anymore instead of just mildly bittersweet. I wonder if she forgot what Marlena was even talking about and just went on autopilot.

Laughed at Eric stuffing his sad face and staying out of the drama.

Maggie goes from believing one slimeball to immediately believing another. Sigh.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1

Well, I am having "feelings" at the end of today's show...I am not a fan of either Ava or Harris & yet I felt sad & emotional at their Good-bye...good acting by both actors.  I was feeling all choked up at Tate & Holly...I'm beginning to root for them, Brady was trying to be reasonable, but Theresa was just a "Crazy Mom",gads!  And I think the show is trying to make me root for EJ :)  Dan(EJ) is a terrific actor who was wonderfully emotional in those scenes where he admitted his vulnerablity to Nicole...Dan & Ari have good chemistry.  The only scene that did not "move me" was Alex proposing to Theresa, ugh.

• Like 5
  • Love 4

Wasn't fond of them making it seem like Konstantine fooled everyone. Eric said it to Marlena , then Alex to Maggie. No he didn't fool Alex, Steve, John, Xander or even Julie.  Maggie also didn't figure out anything about him on her own. She was s stupid and proposing to him out of her own compassion to him. Yet Alex has to be written to coddle her?

Tate seemed deflecting every step. His forgiving Holly so easily was just dumb. Theresa hating Holly is not unreasonable. It's actually the only good thing she's been doing. 

Bye Harris was actually good.  I do wish Ava went with him to be Carly on GH. 

A montage ending was nice. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Dan(EJ) is a terrific actor who was wonderfully emotional in those scenes where he admitted his vulnerablity to Nicole...Dan & Ari have good chemistry. 

He is, isn't he?  I love all of his unspoken reactions, too.  Their banter over the ice cream, about Nicole's "peasant" blood was charmingly funny.  

For me, I was missing the old Tate today.  The new guy just seemed too old to be doing this storyline and while suspension of belief is a must for our show, it makes me less invested in this coupling overall.

It looks like EOB is going for broke with her Theresa imitation.  No matter how much she puts into it, I really can't see past the wig.

3 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Tate seemed deflecting every step. His forgiving Holly so easily was just dumb. Theresa hating Holly is not unreasonable. It's actually the only good thing she's been doing.

I agree, Theresa is totally within her rights to want to keep Holly away from her son, as impossible as that may be.  She let him sit in that institution, then a halfway house when she knew he was innocent.  I don't blame Theresa for not wanting her anywhere near her son.  

Oh, credit where credit is due, I LOVED how Eric's attention was all about the cake.   That cracked me up.  More of this Eric, please.

Edited by boes
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Artsda said:

Wasn't fond of them making it seem like Konstantine fooled everyone. Eric said it to Marlena , then Alex to Maggie. No he didn't fool Alex, Steve, John, Xander or even Julie.

Thank you 👏👏👏 Yeah, Maggie was willfully blind to him for months. She gets no points for that.

3 hours ago, boes said:

He is, isn't he?  I love all of his unspoken reactions, too.  Their banter over the ice cream, about Nicole's "peasant" blood was charmingly funny.  

It sucks that the end of their relationship will likely be a quick one cause he could milk it for all its worth, I'm sure. I honestly hope Dan gets nominated next year. You can see how the editors keep cutting back to him. He's giving them so much.

3 hours ago, boes said:

It looks like EOB is going for broke with her Theresa imitation.  No matter how much she puts into it, I really can't see past the wig.

I try not to hate on her. It's a tough situation she's been put in. But yeah.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
  • Love 2