Type keyword(s) to search

SNL Season 48 Speculation

• Start Topic

I wonder if we will get a more known quantity of hosts, and more of a cameo parade. I hope not. I like the more eclectic hosts, and I don't miss the cameo overload.

I've heard speculation about possible new hires (mainly that they are looking more for women), but who knows.

A few weeks ago Melissa was apparently posting some memories of her time at SNL, with comments from friends like Heidi. If she announces she's leaving I won't be too shocked.

Then there's Aristotle...someone pointed out to me he is not in this at all, which may tell us what we need to know: Neither is  Punkie...

OK...my 2 cents:
Alec Baldwin for the cold opener, plus several skits...all as former President Donald Trump.  Hey...these skits just write themselves!
And then you need Kate McKinnon to reprise her Rudy Giuliani.
How about Pete Davidson as another DT lawyer...eh?
Mikey Day and Alex Moffat as the Trump/Kushner clan.
Hmm...maybe just recycle reruns from previous years.

On 8/23/2022 at 11:57 AM, grommit2 said:

OK...my 2 cents:
Alec Baldwin for the cold opener, plus several skits...all as former President Donald Trump.  Hey...these skits just write themselves!

I Don't Think Alec Baldwin Will Play The Former Donald Trump Because He Accidentally Shot And Killed That Woman On That Movie That He Directed ! I Don't Think Pete Will Come Back And Play A Lawyer For Donald Trump ! IF Pete Was Still In The Cast, Then, He Might Do That, But He Left ! He Will Probably Be Doing Some Movie ! Kate Is Doing That Other Show ! I Can NOT Remember The Name Except IT Has Carole And I Want To Say Joe, But The Joe Is Probably Not Correct ! Mainly, It Was The Make Up People That Made Kate Look Like Rudy ! They May Do Some Thing Like Have Alex Or Some Body Play Rudy ! We Will See What They Do ! 

On 8/23/2022 at 11:57 AM, grommit2 said:

OK...my 2 cents:

I mean, James Austin Johnson plays Trump now (and pretty well I might add), so we don't need Baldwin. I'd like to see JAJ doing more than just his Trump monologues though. Like be in an actual plot involving the FBI raid. The challenge may come if there is a story involving Trump vs. Biden. JAJ currently plays both of them right now.

The other big challenge is filling in all of those politician roles that Kate McKinnon played since she played a bunch of them. 

I would imagine that Andrew Dismukes at least would be moved up to the regular cast (not sure about Punkie), and I could see him taking on roles like Jared Kushner, Beto O'Rourke, maybe even Ron DeSantis. I think a great idea for a sketch might be to explore whether Ron DeSantis is the alias of Tucker Carlson as I tend to confuse them all the time! 

• Love 1
On 8/23/2022 at 12:57 PM, grommit2 said:

OK...my 2 cents:

On 8/24/2022 at 8:14 PM, Jody said:

I Don't Think Alec Baldwin Will Play The Former Donald Trump Because He Accidentally Shot And Killed That Woman On That Movie That He Directed ! I Don't Think Pete Will Come Back And Play A Lawyer For Donald Trump ! IF Pete Was Still In The Cast, Then, He Might Do That, But He Left ! He Will Probably Be Doing Some Movie ! Kate Is Doing That Other Show ! I Can NOT Remember The Name Except IT Has Carole And I Want To Say Joe, But The Joe Is Probably Not Correct ! Mainly, It Was The Make Up People That Made Kate Look Like Rudy ! They May Do Some Thing Like Have Alex Or Some Body Play Rudy ! We Will See What They Do ! 

1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

I mean, James Austin Johnson plays Trump now (and pretty well I might add), so we don't need Baldwin. I'd like to see JAJ doing more than just his Trump monologues though. Like be in an actual plot involving the FBI raid. The challenge may come if there is a story involving Trump vs. Biden. JAJ currently plays both of them right now.

The other big challenge is filling in all of those politician roles that Kate McKinnon played since she played a bunch of them. 

I would imagine that Andrew Dismukes at least would be moved up to the regular cast (not sure about Punkie), and I could see him taking on roles like Jared Kushner, Beto O'Rourke, maybe even Ron DeSantis. I think a great idea for a sketch might be to explore whether Ron DeSantis is the alias of Tucker Carlson as I tend to confuse them all the time! 

I could be wrong, but methinks @grommit2was having a bit of fun with us.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 2

The Fall episode date schedule is as follows- (subject to changes or cancellations)

Oct 01: Season Premiere

Oct 08

Oct 15

Oct 29

Nov 05

Nov 12

Nov 19

Dec 03

Dec 10

Dec 17

13 hours ago, OutOfTheQuestion said:

There is apparently an online movement afoot to get Carol Burnett to host SNL.  If she is up for it at age 89, that would be incredible.

She's also relevant right now with her appearances on Better Call Saul.

I would assume they would want someone from Top Gun to host. Not sure who as there's no way Cruise would ever do it. Jon Hamm. if he's inclined to host again?  Possibly Miles Tiller (meh) or Glenn Powell, who seems to be a rising name.

I also think someone from the next Black Panther will host in November.

Edited by vb68
On 9/1/2022 at 3:58 PM, vb68 said:

She's also relevant right now with her appearances on Better Call Saul.

I would assume they would want someone from Top Gun to host. Not sure who as there's no way Cruise would ever do it. Jon Hamm. if he's inclined to host again?  Possibly Miles Tiller (meh) or Glenn Powell, who seems to be a rising name.

I also think someone from the next Black Panther will host in November.

Looks like you called it as Miles Tiller is hosting the season opener. 

S48 E1 · Episode 1

Oct 1, 2022

Host Miles Teller; Kendrick Lamar performs.

S48 E2 · Brendan Gleeson; Willow

Oct 8, 2022

Host Brendan Gleeson; Willow performs.

S48 E3 · Megan Thee Stallion

Oct 15, 2022

Megan Thee Stallion hosts and performs.

• Useful 1

They truly must be having a difficult time booking guests. there's a show next week (or one that was scheduled) , and the name of the host hasn't dropped in the media. Can't remember the last time that happened. 

Edited by vb68
3 hours ago, vb68 said:

They truly must be having a difficult time booking guests. there's a show next week (or one that was scheduled) , and the name of the host hasn't dropped in the media. Can't remember the last time that happened. 

Dave Chappelle Will Be The Host On November 12 ! That Is Next Saturday ! I Don't Remember Who The Musical Guest Will Be ! 

People online are throwing out great ideas for hosts and musical guests but I think those people are all refusing to host.  Why, I don't know.  Maybe they don't agree with SNL or Lorne etc.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay

So after this grouping, we have 3 more episodes. Any guesses/wishes for hosts?  I’m hoping for Brett Goldstein and maybe Jennifer Coolidge. Either Michelle Yeoh or Ke Huy Quan would be fun.  I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen John Mulaney yet. He does have a new special out. So he wouldn’t surprise me either. 

• Like 2
On 4/2/2023 at 3:33 PM, ajsnaves said:

So after this grouping, we have 3 more episodes. Any guesses/wishes for hosts?  I’m hoping for Brett Goldstein and maybe Jennifer Coolidge. Either Michelle Yeoh or Ke Huy Quan would be fun.  I’m actually surprised we haven’t seen John Mulaney yet. He does have a new special out. So he wouldn’t surprise me either. 

I could see Mulaney hosting the finale. 

Brett Goldstein would be a very good host pick. 

I have a feeling we will get three male hosts in a row as we have had four women.

There's speculation going around about Pete Davidson. I hope that isn't the case. 

• Like 1