Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: Re-Incarcerated

slasherboy
  • Start Topic

The jails seems far more crazy & volatile than previous seasons but...If you wanna make noise keeping me up all night because you sleep all day , guess what, next day when  you're trying to sleep I'll be... I  guarantee it!bad girls club throwback thursday GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Oh lort that show on after it; "From  Inmate to Roommate" was some ripe-for-snarking gold!😱

Edited by xls
added coment
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

That jail was complete HORROR.  The women's was so much worse the men's section.  I would think that part of the reason they were that savage would be because of drugs, but I don't believe they were allowed to socialize at all in quarantine?  Was it so crazy because they were coming off drugs?

• Love 1
19 hours ago, xls said:

The jails seems far more crazy & volatile than previous seasons but...If you wanna make noise keeping me up all night because you sleep all day , guess what, next day when  you're trying to sleep I'll be... I  guarantee it!bad girls club throwback thursday GIF by RealityTVGIFs

Oh lort that show on after it; "From  Inmate to Roommate" was some ripe-for-snarking gold!😱

Hahahah omg this was my first thought! Can we be best friends XLS?!

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, Emkat said:

Hahahah omg this was my first thought! Can we be best friends XLS?!

Of course !

oh im a genus at passive-agressive revenge😉

• Love 1

Well, it's pretty funny that the tough ones--"Don't even bother me with an emergency signal, jefe"--lasted less than 24 hours.

But I get it.  That "quarantine" situation looks HORRENDOUS.

I always thought I could probably handle the boredom of sitting around all day, hanging out with the other inmates.  But trapped in that deafening noise, staring at the walls of that little box, without even a paperback??

• Love 1
11 hours ago, candall said:

Well, it's pretty funny that the tough ones--"Don't even bother me with an emergency signal, jefe"--lasted less than 24 hours.

But I get it.  That "quarantine" situation looks HORRENDOUS.

I always thought I could probably handle the boredom of sitting around all day, hanging out with the other inmates.  But trapped in that deafening noise, staring at the walls of that little box, without even a paperback??

Yesssss i was like can they not even get a book?! My god anyone would go nuts under those circumstances.  It is funny though that the more shit they talk the faster they leave.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I'm not sure they were expecting the quarantine to be as bad as it appears & they could probably do the actual 60 days in without this awful quarantine. Were the authorities not able to test people or do they just enjoy the extra punishment given out?

Didn't they show at one of the peeps giving the get me out signal from the first episode in general population so it might just be for dramatic effect.

These people are dropping like flies.

Looks like Carlos may be in for a talkin'-to, probably for the DRUG DEAL!!!

There's not enough soap in the world to wash that filth and stank off me.

How much do these people get paid?

Lucky Chucky cannot possibly expect to be anonymous after he has established a prison-advocacy website.  That was a poor choice to choose him to participate.  Carlos was wrong to "out" him, but that was inevitable that Chucky would be recognized.    Chucky is still enough of a thug that it would be believable that he had  parole violation of some kind and not have to enter as "Chase".

Using former inmates is a good idea unless they have a fragile relationship with sobriety (the recovering addict), have significant health problems, could be recognized by other inmates (Chucky), or are wanting to be  TOP DOG like Carlos and others in past seasons.  

Edited by azprimadonna
  • Love 1

Lol, looks like everyone gave up on the poor 60 Day Inners, including Slasherboy the Mod.  Dude.

And the show is pretty boring.  But not as boring as sitting in a little concrete box 24 hours a day with NOTHING TO DO.  I don't see any books or television sets or decks of cards.  Somebody could probably yell out Bingo numbers from the center of the room and get 100% participation--individual play, cell play, tier play!

Broadcast some telenovelas in Spanish and English over the speaker system?

Geez, no wonder making toilet wine and finding drugs are such popular activities.

I think that warden is reprehensible.  Inmates kept in their little quarantine boxes past the 14-day requirement??  (Plus, there's minimal sanitization or testing.) 

And he doesn't know about the constant screaming and banging that are making the 60-Day participants run shrieking out of the program?  Why not?  Isn't it his job to know?  Thumbs down on Warden Bowtie.

• Love 1
On 9/11/2022 at 2:26 PM, candall said:

Lol, looks like everyone gave up on the poor 60 Day Inners, including Slasherboy the Mod.  Dude.

I haven't given up and I'm not the moderator. Anybody can create a thread and since there wasn't one when the show started up again, I made it.

If I had to go to jail or prison I would kill myself.

• Love 2

sheriff:  want sleep? Don't do crime! Want milk or nutrition? Don't do crime! I will end recidivism by making jail so miserable that people Don't Do Crime.

asshole... must be a private prison where he gets more money the less he spends.

This season is miserable in new ways, ugh!

Yeah that self-righteous asshole sheriff is so certain of having the key to all understanding of how life works that he is completely impervious to new ideas or anything that bumps up against his tightly wound belief system. I cannot stand people like him, they are like a wall and you cannot reach them at all.

Meanwhile he justifies a filthy, inhumane, and barbaric jail that is so focused on quarantining new inmates to prevent covid that they completely ignore everything else, including basic cleaning and testing etc. Makes not damn sense at all. And Chase was right -- Scandinavian (including Iceland) jails and prisons are so much nicer. The fact that you are locked up is supposed to be the deterrant. You don't have to torture people, feed them rotten food, give them nothing to do all day and subject them to abuse from guards and other prisoners to act as a 'deterrant'. And let's not forget, people in jail are there sometimes to serve short sentences but also there are many who have not been convicted of any crime at all. Just because you are arrested does not make you guilty and deserving of horrible treatment. That sheriff is like so many others: self -righteously barbaric, satisfied that they themselves are so good that they would never find themselves locked up so it doesn't matter what you do to those who do find themselves there. I loathe him.

• Applause 2

The sheriff does not seem to have any basic understanding of the justice system or even the purpose of a jail. The majority of people in county jail are there for pretrial detention. Depending on the county, up to four out of five inmates in jail are not guilty of committing any crime yet! Yet this jagoff acts like its his job to punish everyone in his jail. And to do so as inhumanely as he can get away with. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 1

Wearing the same jumpsuit and not having enough sanitary supplies totally grossed me out. These details DO kinda make me want to stay on the straight and narrow though.

Last night I figured out what's so different (to me, anyhoo) about this season. All the "pretenders" are on a mission to rehabilitate everybody else. Too many unicorns and rainbows for me. I prefer when the "pretenders" live in constant fear of getting the shit beaten out of them.

Whew! Carlos really got in to it! And not in a good way.

I like Darius.

• Love 2

This season the “pretenders” aren’t actually pretenders.   They all actually did substantial PRISON time in the past but many of them have been out for decades so they understood that spending a month in quarantine with literally nothing to do was equivalent to where prisons sent the bad kids.  There was a book at one point making the rounds and that was considered contraband.  A BOOK!   I get why a lot of former inmates tapped out early.  I mean if they had gone directly to a POD it might have been different but going to 23/1 lockup must have been some serious PTSD.   

The Sheriff was a political guy.  Wanted to make it look like he was making changes without actually making changes.  Jails and prisons create a black market (and then punish inmates for it) by providing just less then the absolute minimum a person needs to survive and then the sheriff brags about it during election time to get re-elected.

I think the only one who truly succeeded was Darius.  He was able to give the Sheriff a clear assessment of the jail and was able to actually possibly help the inmates in a real way.    I never watch the after thing because it’s a bunch of people justifying their assholery but I would be curious if anyone took Darius advice and learned from him.   Everyone else (including the sheriff) can jump in a lake. 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

I understand that the "pretenders" are ex-cons IRL; I meant they're "pretending" to currently be incarcerated not of their own choosing.

I enjoy the reunion episodes because I like to see reality TV people go at it.

I hope they crucify Carlos at the reunion. I can’t even look at his stupid smug face. Why is being the puppet master such an obsession for reasons I don’t understand. He brags about winding everybody up and then sits back laughing while that kid (Nick I think) jumps in to fix it. Running around acting like an asshole demanding respect while buying drugs on national television. Hate him. I do love Darius and Rose. They both appear genuine in wanting to help and make a positive change in the lives of their fellow inmates

• Love 1

Carlos showed out on the reunion, very annoying! But Chase/"Lucky Chucky" has to be the most annoying participant ever. And that sheriff was the worst ever, hands down! Soledad O'Brian was the best host ever -- wish she would do a Married At First Sight reunion. Good reunion show, better than most of the episodes, TBH.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1

Watching the reunion now... Still getting the same vibe from the sheriff as throughout the season, whenever he hears criticism about the jail. Was he expecting to come on this show and get minimal feedback as if his jail is the best run out of the entire series, but is now butt hurt constantly hearing how it is the worst? I believe it was Rose who said during her debrief, something to the degree of he always has a response/defense for everything. This time around he just plain looked offended as if everything they were saying wasn't valid or justified. Asking Rose, "was that the general consensus?" When she was discussing the response time to medical issues and cleanliness or whatever. Who cares? One person's opinion is enough to be heard without trying to downplay their experience. On top of the fact I'm pretty sure they already had a similar discussion, which was what lead to changes being made mid-season re: pads, laundry, etc. Maybe that convo didn't involve the medical issues as well, but who cares. Medical is medical, and if someone sat with an untreated UTI for 9 days, I don't think you need a "general consensus" in addition to the footage of people dropping like flies. What a mess. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2