Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Five Minutes Past

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

The Lockes are the dumbest people alive. Everything that happens to them is their fault. Bode couldn't wait until his uncle got back from his honeymoon to explain the clock key? And the mom did a great job of keeping it away from him. Ugh, great first season not so great rest of it. 

Edited by t7686
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

I cannot get over how truly stupid the Lockes are. It’s beyond amazing at this point.

And Bodie really took the cake in this one.  Using the key at all. And then telling the bad guy how you beat them in the future (though admittedly that doesn’t seem to matter given how this version of time travel works, which is fine), and then not immediately booking it to somewhere you can hide until the 5 min runs out.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Oh, one other bit of Locke stupidity — so you done want to mention Eden to the cops so they place doesn’t become a crime scene — ok, I get that. So instead you throw the unweighted body where it’ll land all of 20 feet off shore. What do you think happens when the body washes ashore? (Assuming the demon doesn’t re-activate somehow).

Speaking of Eden, does anyone remember/know why her body is frozen?  At the end of last season Gideon just threw her down the well. Heck, why is she even dead? Aren’t the demon-possessed humans pretty hard to kill?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, QuantumMechanic said:

Speaking of Eden, does anyone remember/know why her body is frozen?  At the end of last season Gideon just threw her down the well. Heck, why is she even dead? Aren’t the demon-possessed humans pretty hard to kill?

I don't remember if it was explained why she was frozen. But I spent the entire episode expecting that Eden would wake up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, paulvdb said:

I don't remember if it was explained why she was frozen. But I spent the entire episode expecting that Eden would wake up.

You’re not the only one. I was convinced it was gonna happen while they were singing to her and she’d take one of them out.

• LOL 1

The Lockes are the dumbest people alive. Everything that happens to them is their fault. 

It really is getting harder and harder to watch this. Let's put aside Bode's idiocy, at least he's a kid. But the mom? They know there are weird, Revolutionary War era British soldiers breaking into the house trying to steal the keys, and they know they have the Anywhere Key. You'd think they'd be on guard. Instead the mother decides to incapacitate herself with the Head Key like a sitting duck. Hell I'd be wary of ever using that key under any circumstances, given how someone could come along and take it out and you'd be stuck in a vegetative state forever like what's-her-name last season.

And yet, he can remember the precise day and time of that fight from a year ago?

No, he just wound up there by chance. That's the thing, he doesn't even know how to set the clock for a specific time, he's just guessing. He was aiming for a time when his father was a kid, that's why he was calling out for his uncle and his dad when he got there.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I think Bode might be the absolute most stupid character ever! He was annoying and dumb in the graphic novels but they dialed him up to a million here. 

We also spent the whole time waiting for Eden to wake up.

• Like 3

Bode showing himself and running his mouth to Dodge after he’d traveled back to the recent past was next level stupid. How did he NOT think that Dodge would drop everything and focus on future him?!

• Like 1

All these posts about how stupid Bode was and none of how unlikable he was as well, between his hissy fits about his mom having a date to his smugness when he not wisely revealed himself to past-Dodge.  He is not someone you feel like cheering for at this point.  And really, was anyone asking for more Dodge, not that I am surprised she is back.

I am guessing Eden will be walking out of the surf in a future episode as well.  It would have been interesting to see what snarky reaction she would have had if she had woken up while they were singing.  I would need to look at the shot again, but I am not even sure she would have hit the water. I feel like she would have hit a lower part of the cliff and then rolled -bounced down and ended up tangled up on the shoreline.

L&K has just been an easy watching bingewatch for me, a bit frustrating in parts, but I like some of the actors, the concept and scenery is good. I've been lurking here thinking you were all being overly harsh with the stupidity comments. But goodness, watched this episode last night and there are no words for how stupid Bodie is. I can't remember how old he is, but surely he should have a little but more common sense. 

• Applause 1

I have put off watching this because I thought the second season was not great, but holy hell, I concur that they have all gotten so ridiculously stupid I just don't think I'm even going to finish this.

Mom and the head key to just relive guilt over her alcoholism. What a waste of time. Apparently they are out of plot for her now that she knows what is going on and is moving towards a happy ending with whats his name.

Kinsey - I too kept waiting for Eden to wake up and attack them and quite frankly, I was hoping she would. She is/was a demon, both literally and honestly also as a human being. I call bullshit on them being all sad about her - nobody liked her! Leave her be in the magic well, dumbasses.

Bode - WHAT. This take the cake. I would be fine if Dodge kills him. I almost couldn't finish this episode because I was so annoyed at how stupid this kid is. He has seen too much and is way too old to be this moronic.

Tyler - always the most level headed but now he also seems dumb because he doesn't know what's going on. Also, I am completely distracted because I don't remember him graduating from high school. It seems like he should still be there. Whatever.

This show is terrible.

• Applause 2