Type keyword(s) to search

Bullet Train (2022)

AngieBee1
  • Start Topic

Directed by stunt man turned director David Leitch (Atomic Blonde, Deadpool 2, Hobbs & Shaw), written by Zak Olkewicz (Fear Street: Part Two - 1978) adapted from the Japanese novel "MariaBeeetle" by author Kōtarō Isaka.

This riotous film follows an assassin (Brad Pitt) aboard a train with his rivals. Film stars Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Brian Tyree Henry, Zazie Beetz, Sandra Bullock, Logan Lerman, Andrew Koji, Hiroyuki Sanada, Bad Bunny, Joey King and Karen Fukuhara.

Edited by AngieBee1

I enjoyed this as a mishmash of Tarantino esque Kill Bill and any Guy Ritchie movie basically. 

My favorites on the train were Pitt and then Henry and Taylor-Johnson. Also enjoyed the father/son duo. Didn’t care for Joey King or Michael Shannon really. 

It was super fun and I had a blast. Will watch when it arrives at home video. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

Didn’t care for Joey King or Michael Shannon really. 

Joey King was the weakest part for me.  I just didn't buy her in the role, she came across as fake tough to me.  I couldn't help comparing her to the woman lead in Prey which I also saw this weekend and that was not in Kings's favor.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I went in figuring I would like this, however, I did not expect to like it as much as I did.  I had a really fun time.  When an irritated Ladybug told the dying Tangerine "You're a diesel." I couldn't stop laughing.  Sure, nothing about this reinvented the wheel but this is a prime example where sometimes all you have to do is let charismatic people be charismatic.  This was my favorite movie of the summer. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Joey's The Prince was a more verbose Gogo Yubari from KILL BILL. I appreciated what she brought to the role. My only issue was that The Prince goes missing towards the big fight scenes only time to pop up at the end. They didn't know what to do with her in those spots.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 8/5/2022 at 2:26 PM, magdalene said:

Fun movie!   You can tell Brad Pitt and the ensemble cast are having a great time. 

My husband and I saw this last night and we talked about this.  They really did seem to be having a lot of fun.  We liked that the movie didn't seem to take itself too seriously, either.  It had some plot holes, it was over the top and even ridiculous at times, but we didn't care because we were having so much fun.

I loved all the cameos, but my favorite was Channing Tatum. 

I'll definitely watch this again when it comes out on a streaming service.  I'm sure there were a lot of little things that I missed.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I saw this last night and I thought it was a hoot.  Kind of a cross between Quentin Tarantino and Agatha Christie.  I agree that everyone seemed to be having a tremendous amount of fun.

There were odd times when the Prince just disappeared, but she always seemed to show up just as I wondered where she was -- I didn't miss her too much when she wasn't there.  I did love that Lemon ran her down with a tangerine truck at the end.  Lemon and Tangerine were the best.

I had to ignore that Ladybug and the Wolf had the entire lounge to themselves for so long for their fight, but did laugh at the trolley woman's interruption of the fight between Ladybug and Tangerine.  That reminded me a little of "The Man Who Would Be King" (I think?).

Agreed, too, that Channing Tatum's cameo was awesome.  "Is this about sex?"

One minor quibble -- boomslang venom doesn't actually "congeal" your blood.  It prevents clotting, making your blood runnier -- the opposite of congealing.  And that snake didn't really look like a boomslang, but that's an even more minor quibble. 

My friend and I wanted to see a movie for National Cinema Day...I read the description and thought "Okay...for $3 we'll do it".....

I have not laughed so hard at a movie in so long and I wasn't expecting to. Violence and language abound but the fun more than made up for it. I guessed the voice of the woman halfway through and I am usually wrong about it so I feel so smart.  This is part of my three day birthday celebration that began yesterday...and it was really an awesome treat. The last time I left a theatre this content was "Hidden Figures".....Instant classic for me....

• Like 1
  • Love 2

We saw this the weekend it came out and loved it.  For years now, we've had a friend come over for dinner and tv once a week (we work our way through tv series-two or three at a time) and occasionally watch a movie instead.  We told her that when this came out on streaming, she had to see it.  When I learned that tickets were only $3 yesterday, we took her to see it in the theater instead, because it really should be seen on a big screen.  She loved it and we thought it was just as much fun the second time.  In fact, there are so many moving parts that the second viewing made it even clearer for me. 

• Applause 1

It should have been at least thirty minutes shorter, but I liked most of it. LOL at Lemon, at the end. 

I'm not a big fan of Brad Pitt, but he was amusing. He had an astounding amount of good luck, for a guy who had some really shit luck. 

I feel like it's a very Netflix friendly movie.  Lots of stars and breezy, fun plot.  Something easy to just throw on and not a bad movie to tide you over until Glass Onion. I hope that gives it a second life because I really, really enjoyed it.  

• Love 3

I was pleased to see this movie pop up on Netflix last night. 
I also enjoyed the movie. It kind of reminded me of a Guy Ritchie film. I was going to call no way on the train being empty and the 1 minute stop, but they did explain it. Otherwise, a fun Saturday night. 

I've been on bullet trains (shinkansen) too! Those stops were the actual stops on the route from Tokyo to Kyoto. The trains are super long. 

• Love 1

I am really enjoying re-watching this on Netflix. I wished they hadn't killed off Tangerine. I would have watched another movie with Lemon and him.

Since this movie I have been thinking Aaron Taylor Johnson might make an interesting James Bond.   Not the Pierce Brosnan type but I could see him as Bond for our times.

• Love 3
On 12/15/2022 at 3:25 PM, magdalene said:

am really enjoying re-watching this on Netflix. I wished they hadn't killed off Tangerine. I would have watched another movie with Lemon and him.

Just watched this last night, really enjoyed it. Loved Lemon and Tangerine, hated that Tangerine died.

• Like 2
  • Love 1