Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E08: ...hooked up with my boyfriend

• Start Topic

Its sad that Fabiola and Aneesa didn't work out and ended up being so akward. It happens.

I love the therapist lady

I hate that people always talk about Paxton as if he was the hottest guy ever. Apart from decent looks he has very little going for it. The first couple of episodes, when he was in a relationship with Devi, did any of you feel sparks?? Me neither.

I don't know what to make of Des, I hope Devi gets a chance to relax a bit more around him

Ben and the art tutor seem like a much better fit.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 8/12/2022 at 1:15 PM, Aulty said:

Its sad that Fabiola and Aneesa didn't work out and ended up being so akward. It happens.

Fabiola always felt like a rebound for Aneesa to me. It makes sense they're not together, and I'm glad there was no drama.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Fabiola always felt like a rebound for Aneesa to me. It makes sense they're not together, and I'm glad there was no drama.

It was a very realistic breakup. I’m glad they decided to be friends in the end since both of them felt the awkwardness of dating, and Fabiola was definitely more interested in Addison. I hope we get to see more of her next season because I liked what little we got of her,

• Like 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I'd agree except there were months between their bathroom kiss and when they finally decided to get together so that's not quite so rebound for me.

4 hours ago, twoods said:

Fabiola was definitely more interested in Addison.

She was. An immediate attraction.

I'm going to spoiler tag this because it's made clear in a later episode but I guess it's applicable here too when discussing Addison. It's not really a spoiler but--

Spoiler

They didn't make a big deal about it but I think Addison is non-binary.  Every time Fabiola referred to Addison, she used they/them pronouns.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 5
On 8/12/2022 at 12:15 PM, Aulty said:

I hate that people always talk about Paxton as if he was the hottest guy ever. Apart from decent looks he has very little going for it. The first couple of episodes, when he was in a relationship with Devi, did any of you feel sparks?? Me neither.

I don't know what to make of Des, I hope Devi gets a chance to relax a bit more around him

Thank you!  I thought something was wrong with me in that I just find Paxton sort of cute and think Des is better looking.  And don't get me started on Mohan😂

• Like 3
  • Love 3

It was bothering me why Des’s friend looked familiar and then read somewhere it was Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Philippe’s son. He looks a lot like Reese so I totally see it. He wasnt so bad in his acting debut- he played a rich douche very well.

Edited by twoods
  • Like 1
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, twoods said:

It was bothering me why Des’s friend looked familiar and then read somewhere it was Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Philippe’s son. He looks a lot like Reese so I totally see it. He wasnt so bad in his acting debut- he played a rich douche very well.

Or he just is one!  JUST KIDDING, love both Ryan and Reese.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Fabioloa and Aneesa breaking up with a sincere bff hug was worth the price of admission to the series.
This show has done a lot of fantastic modeling of ways humans can be better, but this may have been the best.

I also appreciated them showing Devi being able to like different qualities in different guys. She's young and still figuring things out. 
Actually, I wish they'd show adult singles in other shows modeling this too. It's realistic.

Desi gets points for getting his bro/friend to apologize. The half-apology (referencing stuff in the trash) was realistic, and saved it from being a PSA.

Niecy Nash as Dr. Jamie Ryan the therapist lady is the first role I've ever floved her in.
I wish she could have a spin-off series with this role.

I'm glad they finally thought up a reason that works for John MacEnroe to be doing the voice overs. Better late than never.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I'm glad they finally thought up a reason that works for John MacEnroe to be doing the voice overs. Better late than never

They established pretty early on that her dad was a big McEnroe fan. The racket was a continuation of that, not new information.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I cringed so hard when the rich kid was smacking the tennis racket, poor Davi. Its great that she is doing better, but that can make it even worse when you get hit with grief, or when you start feeling guilty that your less sad all of the time. 

I like Ben and the art tutor, I feel like she could keep up with him when it comes to snark and could stamp down on his condescending tendencies. He really does seem a lot more chill since he shit all of his stress out. 

Paxton is certainly a good looking guy, but I don't think he's as hot as the show says he is, especially when this is television where almost everyone is attractive. Des is way better looking to me. 

Sad that Fabiola and Aneesa split, but that is just how it works out sometimes, its good that they managed to stay friends with no drama. 

• Love 5
On 8/17/2022 at 2:12 PM, tennisgurl said:

Sad that Fabiola and Aneesa split, but that is just how it works out sometimes, its good that they managed to stay friends with no drama. 

I think this show does a really good job of showing that sometimes things don't work out, and that's okay, especially since they are just in high school. I feel like so many teen movies and tv shows treat high school relationships the same way they do adult relationships and don't reflect the relatively low stakes. They are allowed to express strong emotion over it, as teens do, but it isnt built up in the same way.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

I really appreciate the mature breakup between Fab and Aneesa. I love that they're going to stay friends. I also loved the interaction between Devi and Paxton. I do see the spark between them but am okay if they don't end up together. They both learned some things from each other and I think helped each other which is a good thing whether they end up together or not. 

• Like 4
  • Love 4

He is ok looking but he looks 30 years old. 

On 8/16/2022 at 5:20 PM, mansonlamps said:

Or he just is one!  JUST KIDDING, love both Ryan and Reese.

Don’t know if he is a douche but he is old school rich. I read years ago where Reese’s daughter had a coming out into society or whatever they are called party. 🤮🤑. How gross in this age. 

• Like 1
On 8/15/2022 at 8:41 PM, twoods said:

Deacon Philippe does look a lot like his mother, especially though the eyes and the chin. Ryan and Reese look very much a like anyway (features, coloring etc) so it makes sense that the kids resemble them so much. 

• Like 1
(edited)

I'm just catching up and this episode sucker punched me.

I just lost my 16 year old cat, Hobbes, in March, and it destroyed me. Laugh if you want, but that cat was my rock my entire adult life. He slept on my pillow and tucked a paw into my hand. He loved me more than my parents (they yelled at me for getting a B in my freshman semester of college...when I was 15. My brother flunked out and they threw him a "YOU TRIED!" party). I love him more than my own life.

But some days, I feel ok, and that's the worst. 

Edited by Tattooeddancer
  • Hugs 7
On 6/5/2023 at 9:50 AM, Tattooeddancer said:

I'm just catching up and this episode sucker punched me.

I just lost my 16 year old cat, Hobbes, in March, and it destroyed me. Laugh if you want, but that cat was my rock my entire adult life. He slept on my pillow and tucked a paw into my hand. He loved me more than my parents (they yelled at me for getting a B in my freshman semester of college...when I was 15. My brother flunked out and they threw him a "YOU TRIED!" party). I love him more than my own life.

But some days, I feel ok, and that's the worst. 

Sorry for your loss @Tattooeddancer  if you’d care to share more about your beloved Hobbes in the Pets thread we would love to read it. We have all been there. 

• Like 2