Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Fire and Rain

• Start Topic

Charmaine asks Jack for support at the baby shower. Mel has a tough conversation with Cassandra. Preacher worries about Christopher after their call.

Original airdate 7/20/22

(edited)
On 7/19/2022 at 7:22 AM, Whimsy said:

Original airdate 7/20/22

Charmaine threw herself a baby shower?  An over the top baby shower, at that. 
How did Cassandra find out Mel had used the embryos?  Shouldn’t that info have been confidential? 

Edited by mythoughtis
13 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Charmaine threw herself a baby shower?  An over the top baby shower, at that. 
How did Cassandra find out Mel had used the embryos?  Shouldn’t that info have been confidential? 

I didn't get the impression that Cassandra knew Mel used them.  I thought that Stacie said something about her mom just wanting any that were left.

Charmaine also said her "aunt" wanted to throw it for her.  I guess this is the same mystery aunt she's talked about before... so I agree - does she really exist?

36 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I didn't get the impression that Cassandra knew Mel used them.  I thought that Stacie said something about her mom just wanting any that were left.

Cassandra met with Mel herself and told her that she knew and that she knew Mel was pregnant.   That’s when she also said she wanted the child for half the year. 

7 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Cassandra met with Mel herself and told her that she knew and that she knew Mel was pregnant.   That’s when she also said she wanted the child for half the year. 

Oops - missed that!  LOL!  Thanks for clarifying.

On 7/28/2022 at 9:10 AM, mythoughtis said:

Cassandra met with Mel herself and told her that she knew and that she knew Mel was pregnant.

She said she'd hired a private investigator.  So somewhere there was a huge breach of confidentiality.

The "rights" that Cassandra is blathering on about do not exist in California beyond visitation.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Cetacean said:

She said she'd hired a private investigator.  So somewhere there was a huge breach of confidentiality.

The "rights" that Cassandra is blathering on about do not exist in California beyond visitation.

Do those "rights" actually exist anywhere in the US?

This show needs a drinking game. Every time someone tells a "secret" to someone who promises not to tell, you take a sip. And then when the person who has been told the "secret" tells someone else, you have to drink the whole glass. Problem is, no one could stay sober for one full episode... jeez.  

• Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

I really hate all these people.

On 7/31/2022 at 9:15 AM, MadeleineElster said:

This show needs a drinking game. Every time someone tells a "secret" to someone who promises not to tell, you take a sip. And then when the person who has been told the "secret" tells someone else, you have to drink the whole glass. Problem is, no one could stay sober for one full episode... jeez.  

I am shocked, shocked that Mel's pregnancy is still largely a secret.  I guess the rest of the characters need to hire Cassandra's PI who somehow skirted HIPAA issues.  Or listen at the door like the cute doc.

Brie sure recovered quickly from watching Calvin get blowed up.  In her next scene she was all bubbly and snarking with Jack about their mom.  Wouldn't most people be traumatized?  Later she's crying to Brody but can't talk about it.  I don't know if the tears were because of the explosion or because her ex called her.

Backgammon is not that difficult to learn.  Sheesh.

Who didn't call it that Paige would show up?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

I don't know if the tears were because of the explosion or because her ex called her.

I'm pretty sure it was about the ex. He physically abused her and was low-key threatening her in that phone call..

• Love 2

Brie’s wardrobe of too-large business suits, complete with padded shoulders, is such a 1990’s portrayal of a female lawyer. Ugh.

And didn’t she start a new job? Must be a really, really part-time gig, because we don’t see or hear much reference to her going to said job yet.

Edited by Cancun
  • Love 1
On 7/30/2022 at 3:17 AM, luvthepros said:

Do those "rights" actually exist anywhere in the US?

The show is set in the US?  When I torture myself by watching it, it's always through Canadian coloured glasses. (I'm not Canadian, it's just the vibe I get.)

On 8/6/2022 at 8:38 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I’m just going to open a bottle of wine and have a glass when watching. It doesn’t make anything more believable, but it makes it easier to suspend some of my beliefs and knowledge. 

"A glass"?  It takes a lot more than that for me.

Edited by Leeds
  • LOL 1