Type keyword(s) to search

Quantum Leap in the Media

• Start Topic

Matt’s Inside Line:

Is there a return date for Quantum Leap yet? –Bev

I checked on the NBC sophomore just before we inked up the presses here, and… nope, nothing is locked in yet.

---

I assume we have to wait until they're done actually producing the last few episodes before we get a date.

35 minutes ago, giovannif7 said:

Cancelled, according to TVLine - there will be no season 3.

I would like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. The way it ended seemed like a good place to end IMO.  Ben and Addison can continue to leap around together.  

I wish the show had never made Addison and Ben a couple because I feel like caused problems.  Sam didn't even remember he was married to Donna until he and Al cross-leaped.  And I believe once again he forgot he was married after he leaped again (I could be mistaken though, it's been a while since I watched OG QL).  I admit I wasn't a huge fan of Addison; I preferred it when Magic, Jenn, Ian, or anyone else would be the hologram.  

• Like 8

I'm so sad it's cancelled. At least it wasn't a total adrupt ending but I still feel cheated.  I'd try to start a petition but I don't think it will get us anywhere, no?

They never seem to keep Time travel shows on for some reason sadly.

• Like 4

I don't know how it even got a second season, the show was a narrative mess that didn't seem to understand the concept or what the audience would be more interested in. The leap stories played liked an obligatory afterthought in most cases and only served as metaphors for Ben and Addison's relationship angst. 

There's a trend in TV to remake older fantasy/sci-fi shows darker, grittier and more dramatic than they originally were, sucking all of the fun out of them. This one followed suit and really missed the mark when it came to what people loved about the original. 

3 hours ago, Trini said:

I'm just sorry we never got a Bakula/Sam cameo.

I'd like to think Scott Bakula knew enough about the show to realize it wasn't worth trying to legitimize as a continuation of his show by associating himself with it.

4 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

I would like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not. The way it ended seemed like a good place to end IMO.  Ben and Addison can continue to leap around together. 

Making the Ben and Addison relationship the focus of the show was always the main problem, and the show never seemed to understand that. The finale just proves they didn't get it and far from ever fixing it they just kept doubling down on it.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

I think the show hit a strike at the beginning of the second season but lost it again in the second half. 

Since the show refused to let go of Addison and Ben, I'm not as upset at this as I might have been in another life but I do feel like there was a lot of wasted potential. 

• Like 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I'd like to think Scott Bakula knew enough about the show to realize it wasn't worth trying to legitimize as a continuation of his show by associating himself with it.

It could have been a speculative article but I have a vague memory of him saying as much when asked if he would be reprising his role. 

This announcement has been a bit surreal for me, lol. I only decided to finish watching the season the day before and was in the middle of bingeing* when I decided to check the status because I was enjoying the Ben/Hannah dynamic so much. I was a tad shocked and dismayed to see the news was only 2 hours old!🫤🤷🏻‍♂️😆 The ending was only so/so and it was never must see tv but I enjoyed it enough that I probably would've checked out a third season. The cast was mostly good, hopefully they end up on better shows.

Edited by Daltrey
  • Like 2

I'm unsurprised about the cancelation.  I would've enjoyed them actually finding Sam.  I think Ben & Alison both leaping is a good end-point.  Had they not been canceled, it would've been interesting to see them on separate leaps.  Even moreso if those separate leaps had conflicting aims in mind.

• Like 3