Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Kugelblitz

• Start Topic

Well holy shit.

I did love the scene at the beginning of Harlan blowing up and the reveal at the end that he caused the deaths. Set to House of the Rising Sun. Can't believe it took them this long to use that song but I'm glad they waited. It was perfect.

• Love 5

Well, that was unsettling. First Harlan killing the two Sparrows. Then it turns out he killed their mothers. Time travel really is terrible. Possibly why they weren't chosen by Reggie. They never existed. 

And then Five, the little psycho cuts into his old dead body.

I'm glad Diego took Alison out. Shit was getting ugly.

Ben really is a dickhead.

I will NOT accept that Klaus is dead.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I kept nodding off as I tried to watch this, and then of course, once I gave up, I couldn’t sleep, due to everything that can’t be discussed here.  So, I’ve just finished the episode, but I read this thread first, so I was spoiled on Harlan being the one who killed their parents.  I hate that Viktor is accidentally somewhat responsible for this, too, all because they helped Harlan - revived him when he died. 
aw, Klaus. They have to find a way to reverse it, he can’t be a ghost, like Ben, or dead for long.   

On 6/24/2022 at 12:55 AM, supposebly said:

Well, that was unsettling. First Harlan killing the two Sparrows. Then it turns out he killed their mothers. Time travel really is terrible. Possibly why they weren't chosen by Reggie. They never existed. 

And then Five, the little psycho cuts into his old dead body.

I'm glad Diego took Alison out. Shit was getting ugly.

Ben really is a dickhead.

I will NOT accept that Klaus is dead.

I missed five cutting into his own body.  I thought I’d caught everything this time.  I’ll have to go back later on.. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Anela said:

I missed five cutting into his own body.  I thought I’d caught everything this time.  I’ll have to go back later on.

He cut out a portion of the skin of his old self's dead body that had the tattoo. Which will probably become relevant in a later episode.

• Love 5

I am really disliking the Sparrows and so was glad when the 2 most annoying ones were killed by Harlan. Good riddance! I also wanted to see Diego and Allison beat the shit out of the white supremacist bar patrons. Maybe in the next episode. Can't believe Klaus died! He's my favorite. Hope they are able to bring him back to life.

• Love 7
On 6/23/2022 at 8:39 PM, festivus said:

Well holy shit.

I did love the scene at the beginning of Harlan blowing up and the reveal at the end that he caused the deaths. Set to House of the Rising Sun. Can't believe it took them this long to use that song but I'm glad they waited. It was perfect.

https://www.polygon.com/23181517/umbrella-academy-season-3-jeremy-renner-surprise-steve-blackman

Lots of haircuts in this series.

Damn.  Went from being happy about Harlan rescuing the Umbrellas to finding out that Harlan caused a major part of the Grandfather paradox. I guess he figured since his mother was dead, he'd reach out to kill the Umbrella mothers as well. Poor Viktor.

Stanley! Poor Klaus. 

I do not feel sorry for the racists that Diego and Alison are about to wreck. 

Five just wanted to retire. Heh. So he actually created the Commission... Did he have to cut the tattoo out of the body, though? Gross!

I have an early appointment tomorrow, so I'll have to finish the binge later.

• Love 2
(edited)

Harlan said that he could feel their energy, that he didn't mean to do it. He connected to them, somehow, in his grief and rage, as he lost his own mother. I did think that this storyline was clever, as sad as it is. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 5

Well, with Klaus' random ass death by the hands of Diego's son, I now figure that everyone dead, including the Sparrows, will be brought back somehow. No way does Klaus stay dead, especially by the hands of a kid who apparently never got told about not playing with weapons. And this is exactly why they shouldn't have brought Stanley onto the season. I knew he'd only be in the way and now he killed one of his uncles! Unless this is his and Lila's plan, to kill everyone in the Umbrella Academy, he is going to continue to be an annoyance, I can just tell.  

How did it take Five so long to figure out his other self was around once he started experiencing symptoms? I know he commented on it after, but it took him way too long to mention it to Lila.

So, Harlan caused all of their mothers' deaths. That is very unfortunate. I did like Harlan/Viktor's scenes. As sucky as it is to know that Harlan caused this entire paradox, you can tell he didn't mean to and you can see Viktor's hurt from the revelation. Now the Sparrows DO have a reason to want Harlan dead beyond him killing two of their own. 

• Love 3

This show has always been great about its use of music, but the opener and closing use of House of the Rising Sun was excellent. They were clearly holding onto that song for something special, and boy did it deliver. The whole revelations that Harlan killed everyone's moms before they had them, presumably by accident due to his lack of control over the powers Viktor gave him, is some real epic level tragedy. Its a sad but well done plot twist, I am glad that they pulled back on the wacky for some real pathos. 

Klaus cant be dead for real, I bet he has the power to come back from the dead along with being able to talk to the dead. No way is he taken out by Diego's idiot son playing with a harpoon in a random accident. I bet that 

Nice to see Allison and Diego bonding a bit, the two of them haven't gotten a whole lot of scenes together so that was nice to see. Allison really needed that release. Although I am worried that it could take her to some dark places, Diego being bargain bin Batman never seemed to do much for his mental health in the long term. 

Five gets to meet older Five, who created this whole problem in the first place. Time travel is a real pain.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Damn it. Klaus better not be dead.

I feel bad for Harlan. He didn't mean to kill their mothers. It was an accident. Viktor didn't know when he saved him that he would give him his power. What a horrible mess. I liked his and Viktor's scenes.

I'm surprised Five didn't realize he was close to another him with all the signs he was giving off. He really should have figured that out sooner.

Allison is driving me crazy but I do wish we got to see her and Diego beating up the white supremacists.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/27/2022 at 9:54 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Lots of haircuts in this series.

Lol, that was my takeaway... Is the entire Umbrella Academy going to get a significant haircut by the end of the season?

I also love that Five's mom was... a butcher? Or at least shown kind of gleefully hacking at meat.

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2