Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E21: Lying Doesn't Protect You From the Truth

DanaK
  • Start Topic

05/18/2022 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Dylan and Ethan treat a patient shot during a drug raid. Charles and Vanessa work together to properly diagnose a motivational speaker. Will and Hannah must turn to Crockett for help with a patient who's pregnant.

I’m not sure about the actor who plays Maggie’s  husband.  Why is she so resistant to finding the bio father?  She sure didn’t hesitate when she was searching for her daughter.  Now, suddenly privacy is a big priority.  Lol

What I did find bizarre is that Dylan had no hesitation to hide someone who could be drawing in big time danger in his friend’s building!  Plus, Will’s already in danger.  There’s going to be big trouble at that place.  Oh,

Why did the doctor’s check bounce?  I was typing during parts of the show.  

• Love 1
15 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Why did the doctor’s check bounce?

Something is up with that, because then she pulled out a wad of cash and gave it to hiim to replace the check.  Where did the money come from?  Not her checking account, clearly.  

15 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Was that the same actor who had played Maggie’s husband before?

Yes.  He looks like he lost weight.  

• Love 1

I guess this week's medical shows are all determined to annoy me.   First a husband decides his wife doesn't need to live if she can't carry her baby to term because of her heart on The Resident and the doctors can't stop him from choosing her death, and now  "I can't stop being a cop" Dylan and "I used to be in the military" Ethan are emotionally pressuring the wife of a gunshot patient to choose the more invasive, more difficult surgery that will allow him to remain a cop instead of the easier, quicker, less risky surgery which will force him off the streets due to needing blood thinners.  

After they guilted her into choosing the more invasive surgery, they are dancing around crowing that he'll be back on the streets in 6 weeks, yay, woohoo!  Never mind that this is the second time he was shot, after he lied about the first time so his wife wouldn't know even though the bullet was still lodged in his LUNG, and never mind that those streets are where he has already been shot twice, and counting.  Next time they see her, cop will be dead and she'll be kicking herself that she didn't choose the easier surgery that would have saved him from that bullet and from future bullets.

• Love 9

I agree. Most of these doctors don’t seem to be smart at all. Their judgement is lacking on many life issues.    I’m really over this law enforcement entanglement in the hospital. 

• Love 4

Scott and Choi were so selfish. The doctors always think their opinion is the best way on this show. I agree that staying on the street is what the guy would have wanted. But as his wife, it was her choice. The reality is what he wants doesn’t matter in that situation. There should be plenty of drama in a decision like that. 

I still like Crockett and Blake! Don’t ruin them next week show! I know, it’s the end of the season. They were so supportive and sweet together without giving in when they shouldn’t. Almost like they might be healthy and good together. I love the way he looks at her  

What I didn’t get about the rent thing was how she didn’t know. She obviously knew it hadn’t gone through so how did she not know it wouldn’t clear?

The cop storyline is dumb and I don’t want to talk about it. Having Halstead in danger too is not going to improve it. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Poor woman finding out she indeed had ALS. 

That was really sad, and I wished it had turned out differently.  However, I did like that Dr. Charles was not quick to assume a psychological source for her symptoms.  He pushed back on Vanessa each time, and looked for other options.  Vanessa didn't immediately jump to that, either, until she saw her patient have an outburst.  But I was surprised Vanessa thought it was odd that she burst into tears after being told, yet again, they couldn't find anything wrong with her.

19 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m not sure about the actor who plays Maggie’s  husband.  Why is she so resistant to finding the bio father?  She sure didn’t hesitate when she was searching for her daughter.  Now, suddenly privacy is a big priority.  Lol

I'd like to believe Maggie is being considerate of the bio father's privacy, per their agreement.  But our Maggie is a woman of mystery, with many secrets.  So it could be anything.  Was he married at the time?  Did she really tell him she was pregnant?  I actually don't remember the circumstances of Maggie's pregnancy and Vanessa's birth.  Can anyone remind me, please?

Good Lord, I thought the Chicago skyline on the hospital balcony patio was the depths of the poor imaging on this show, and then they gave us those horrendous photoshopped pictures of Ethan's dad when he was younger.  I died laughing.

I assume the Vas-Com company will try to kill Will at his apartment building, but newly unveiled Jo is hiding out there and helps/rescues him?

Connor Rhodes' ears burn whenever they mention the hybrid OR, but he quickly goes back to his now fantastic life with his remarkably emotionally stable wife.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, izabella said:

Who was the skinny girl who didn't want Will to testify against Vas Com because it would ruin her life?  How would it ruin her life?

She was the lady who got close to Will and admitted some of the defects/methods that Vas-Com went through to get the products in patients.  She was a marketing person for them, so I guess she could be held liable or go to prison if she knowingly offered a defective product.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 5/20/2022 at 8:50 AM, yourdreamer said:

She was the lady who got close to Will and admitted some of the defects/methods that Vas-Com went through to get the products in patients.  She was a marketing person for them, so I guess she could be held liable or go to prison if she knowingly offered a defective product.

Yes, the device rep that seemingly out of nowhere got romantically interested in Will and invited him to a concert and then back to her apartment for drinks.  As these device representatives are paid on commission, I'm sure there have been instances of sleeping with doctors to get their product used more.  But for some reason I don't think that would happen as much now?

I must be losing interest in this show.  Wasn't even pausing the show when I had to go to the bathroom, go to the other room, etc.  Just don't care as much anymore.  Choi?  Blech.  Maggie?  Even more blech.  Crockett?  OK, still interesting but he's getting bogged down by Blake.  Scott?  Seems like he doesn't have much direction and is just scattered.  Will?  Too much drama.  Asher?  Eh, just go away.  Charles?  Probably remains the most level headed, but I just can't stand the psych storylines.

(edited)

Dr. Charles is probably the only reason I still watch this show.  I like the psych story lines, and look forward to seeing his character.   I prefer it to gore and incomprehensible police stuff.

Edited by izabella
  • Love 1

As a person with a rare and serious disease who's spent DECADES looking for answers, I really didn't like Vanessa's immediate dismissal of Lydia simply because she'd been to a lot of doctors and got upset when nothing was found in her tests. 

Lots of people get told there's "nothing wrong", yet they continue having serious symptoms that interfere with their quality of life. Just because you didn't find anything, Vanessa, doesn't mean your patient will just say ok, thanks, and go home happily while you immediately forget they even were there. 

• Applause 1

How many patients have found out they had ALS this season? Ethan's patient was discovered to have the beginning stages of ALS last episode. And I believe Stevie's patient had ALS earlier in the season.

And seriously, Choi and Scott guilt a cop's wife into choosing the more riskier surgery because THEY think it's not what he would want. Who the hell are they? They aren't psychologist. Respect the wife's decision. She's his medical proxy, and that should be that. That's a stupid move.

And Marcel's relationship with Pam just seems so forced. He seems more into it than she is. It's like he only exists to sleep with the doctors he works with. The relationship with her daughter would have been much more believable. And we wouldn't have to hear him constantly say "Pamela" while at work.

And the Vanessa storyline of wanting to find her father is just tired. And Maggie opened up this whole can of worms last season when she broke the agreement and to meet her. Now, the father is going to be dragged into this unwillingly because Vanessa just has to meet him.

The writing is really holding this show back because, again like I said last season, all the medical drama is being driven by the character drama. 

Edited by WinJet0819
  • Love 3