Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: The Bear Mask

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Fri, May 6, 2022

Feeling the weight of recent pressures, Aram turns to an unusual outlet for release.

Getting heroin from Ressler would be USUAL...

• LOL 6
(edited)

Maybe he'll take up throwing axes. It helps Diane on The Good Fight.

ETA: I knew the shoot out was Aram's "trip" because Ressler was actually hitting his targets.

The guy in the bear mask will be Aram, because he's feeling guilty about creating that software.

Next time you need to work some things out, Aram...throwing axes. Diane Lockhart highly recommends them.

Hey, Weecha survived! 

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

Good grief Aram! Just hire a person to come clean your apartment every two weeks or ask your mother to do it. She tried to clean the place before reporting your abduction a few episodes back, so we know where her priorities are. Instead, you run bike to some psychedelic clown. I'm sure your FBI superiors would be happy with this decision and not be concerned you can pass some valuable intel to criminals under hypnosis.

I thought Red hated Aram?!!! Why would he (Mr. Homan) recommend Aram to go there? He should have sent Aram to Mierce, so she could put a nasty spell on him.

Dream or no dream, Aram must smell in his suit after riding his bike to and from work.

I had a feeling Aram was dreaming when Park didn't say: she beat the crap out of the person who rear ended her. Also, telling was when Park said to Aram: " We trust you". You know something wasn't right in the Post Office.

If I'm Cooper, I wouldn't feel relieved/assured after Ressler gave his guarantee: "He's keeping Cooper out of prison. Whatever it takes". I would be more than scared.

Oh No! Another Liz sighting! This show just can't stop using her from old footage. I hope she is getting paid for this. 

"God. I thought he would never shut up! ". Best line of the episode from Samar.

Aram is truly pathetic. Even in his dream he can't get a kiss from Samar. Maybe the actress told NBC: "In order for me to make guest appearance, I'm not kissing him!"

Maureen died in the explosion?!? I'm sure Red's first thoughts after the revelation were "why did I waste money on that f*cking gazebo, and can I get a refund?"

Red never questioned why or how was Maureen involved in all this? He just skipped over that quick.

Curious why the writers decided to go the "Mr. Kaplan" route. That went nowhere fast!

"This treatment is not a cure-all". It sure wasn't!  Well thanks for wasting Aram's time and money this acid trip lady! And after that acid trip, it didn't give Aram the strength/courage to kick Cooper out of his office and let Aram be the one sipping the brandy while Cooper watched. Get a refund from her Aram!

Gee! I wonder just who has access to Red's cash!? Why would Marvin be so bold to use Red's bank account/money and not his own? He's begging to be caught! 

Park could have put "A little more" in that slap to Aram! She held back.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Maureen died in the explosion?!? 

Red never questioned why or how was Maureen involved in all this? He just skipped over that quick.

Curious why the writers decided to go the "Mr. Kaplan" route. That went nowhere fast!

I also wondered, what was the whole point of Maureen impersonating Mr. Kaplan?  Yeah, I guess she did die after all. 

I guess the writers were trying to throw a curve ball at us.

I'm thinking whoever is responsible used Maureen to get Red to enter the building and then "BOOM"!  Of course, Maureen's role was over and was as they say in the crime world a "loose end". 

I'm back to Marvin as the one who is responsible for this.  Who else can it be?

Possible suspects.....

1.  Marvin

2.  The real Raymond Reddington

3.  The real Katerina

I hope this story arc comes to an end soon!  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, rr2911 said:

I also wondered, what was the whole point of Maureen impersonating Mr. Kaplan?  Yeah, I guess she did die after all. 

Unless......Mr. Kaplan did herself up to look like Maureen, fooling even Reddington, and then she baited him on the stairs, leaving Maureen there to burn up.  Currently Mr. Kaplan is kickin' it at the gazebo. 

Did that psychiatrist get her training from Hunter S. Thompson?

Those hitmen better get some better tactical vests for their next hallucinogenic assignment.  The PO crew shot them down one by one, even in a dream.

I was hoping that the final scene would result in Aram breaking out a deck of cards and a board, and saying "How about a game of cribbage?"  Cameo appearance by Ed Harris (Paul Bettany's nemesis in A Beautiful Mind) to make a fourth.

• LOL 5

Nice to see where the gunfire budget for this season went. Apparently they have been saving it all for this one episode.

I appreciate that after I noted Aram's distinct lack of testicles on display in the last episode he has gone out and grown himself a pair. Although honestly I thought Bear Mask Aram was going to shoot Wimpy Aram and take over. That would be fun to see. Instead, I guess he's a side character to be called upon in desperate times. Speaking of which, Aram also has an imaginary girlfriend for when he wants to... you know what, let's not go there.

Seems Aram does not think much of his coworkers, Park in particular. Not only does she spill her coffee over and over to the point where she's used to it (and that is the real tragedy!) but she's also the first one to get killed by imaginary bad guys. Ressler doesn't fare much better. Dembe seems to be the toughest character but otherwise not good for much and eventually he falls too.

Once again the team embraces guilt for not getting to Liz in time. Once again I am going to point out that if you feel bad about that you shouldn't have fucking walked! She died in an intersection! Corner of Walk and Don't Walk! You had a vehicle! A bigass FBI SUV with lights and sirens and the ability to knock the bad guy over or obstruct his view. And you walked! I think what they actually feel guilty about is that they chose to walk because they'd had enough of Lizzie's bullshit.

Finally Red realizes that the call is coming from inside the house. You'd figure Marvin would wash that money a little more before sending it out into the world but I guess he's sick of this bullshit too.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

Sadly, I knew it was a dream as soon as Park was shot. Because that would have been my dream, and I can’t have nice things.

What is it with TV shows suddenly focusing on mental health? Picard, Barry, Moon Knight and now Aram. Aram’s I find excessive… it’s stress, not brain chemistry. Handle it.

• Love 4

Another waste of an epi.  Maureen perishes involved in a scheme to take down Red orchestrated in all likelihood by Marvin.  Ho-hum.  They've gone around the way to come up with the, keep your friends close and your enemies closer story and enough with the Liz flashbacks.

As for Aram's "guilt" over everything, yes, he needs therapy (lots of therapy) but probably having acid trips isn't the best way to go about it.  Even considering how easy it's been for people to break into the Post Office, as soon as the sirens started going off, I knew Aram was hallucinating and we were going to get a groundhog day type ep.  It was nice to see Samar though.

I've been ready for them to wrap this storyline up for weeks now.  How many more eps are left now?

• Love 4

Sorry I picked this episode to watch after skipping this show several weeks in a row. Groundhog Day indeed, and starring my least favorite character of all times. (Well, the dead/almost dead/partly dead Lizzie not withstanding.) I continually wonder why gunmen wearing tactical vests and helmets can be so easily killed, not just on this show but other shows as well. Why bother with the kevlar except it looks good when the wearer is being shot.

And thanks a lot for the tease that Mr. Kaplan is/might be alive. She's the only reason I tuned in this week. Talk about a bait and switch.

• Love 3

So, there was never any explanation of why the mask was silver or why it was of a bear ?

I'm just glad in that final scene it was only bear mask Aram and Samar at the table with Aram -- and not Lizzie.

Those two brief flashback scenes of Lizzie were two too many.

Still no sign or mention of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat, or Sierra the cat.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Such A Flirt said:

Why does Aram feel guilty about Lizzie? Just let her go already, darn it!

When she showed up at the Post Office, Aram could've have detained her and locked her, which he was supposed to do.  Instead, he became soft as Charmin and let Liz slip away with her daughter.  Liz would still be alive is what haunts Aram. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Such A Flirt said:

except for Samar. I miss her; she was my favorite.

Same. I wish they'd bring Samar back, but am not sure the actress is interested in returning to the show.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Surrealist said:

Same. I wish they'd bring Samar back, but am not sure the actress is interested in returning to the show.

Is there such a thing as Hate-Acting?? I would hate-watch Samar hate-acting....

• LOL 2