Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E09: One Mask Hurrah -- Round 3 Finals

• Start Topic

Good news is that we only have the final left.  I think this is going to be my very last season of the Masked Singer.   Tired of the posturing of the judges, Nick Cannon shirtless, and the fact that many of the celebrity guesses are people I've never heard of!  

• Love 2

I actually knew both singers unmasked. If only Shaggy had sounded like himself week 1 I may have figured it out earlier. 

What did Nick mean when he said the finale was a few weeks away? Are we getting rid of one of the three next week to only have a finale of 2? 

The whole good, bad, cuddly split makes even less sense now given that 3 good characters are in the finale. At least Prince made it through so it’s not all women. 

Hoping Niecy Nash’s new show is good and can fill my need for a mindless show. I thought Name That Tune could be the show, but I couldn’t last 5 mins ☹️

Maybe it's all the years of French Immersion I had in school; but I always took "En Vogue" as "eh-n vogue" instead of "inn vogue". So for once I'm more with Ken at least as far as their pronunciation goes. :) 

And yeah, the Cobras were great and should probably have gone forward; but aside from the controversy, this group was a pretty damn solid group. 

• Love 3

Very surprised at the finale will consist of three Good performers.  Just seems to show that the whole Good Bad Cuddly thing was a huge bust.

I think Shaggy is a much better singer than his performances... that last performance of his was a bit rough.  Unmasked, he sounded fantastic.  And who cares if people would have identified his signature style and sound immediately?  People knew Gladys Knight and Patti LaBelle as soon as they opened their mouths.

Queen Cobras were totally robbed.  I think they should have won the whole thing.  Although I do find it hard to think of them as En Vogue.  Just doesn't seem the same without Dawn Robinson and Maxine Jones.  I do realise that two of the three are originals, but it must feel weird for the third one (the one in the Cindy Birdsong / Michelle Morris role) to constantly hear about the huge hits that she wasn't a part of when they were originally recorded.

33 minutes ago, Taeolas said:

Maybe it's all the years of French Immersion I had in school; but I always took "En Vogue" as "eh-n vogue" instead of "inn vogue". So for once I'm more with Ken at least as far as their pronunciation goes. :) 

And yeah, the Cobras were great and should probably have gone forward; but aside from the controversy, this group was a pretty damn solid group. 

I've always said "ehn vogue" (rhymes with Ben) and not "in vogue".  But Ken more says it as "ahn vogue".  Which may be the way it is said in Europe, but it was never the way it was said here in their home country.

4 hours ago, pnina said:

Good news is that we only have the final left.  I think this is going to be my very last season of the Masked Singer.   Tired of the posturing of the judges, Nick Cannon shirtless, and the fact that many of the celebrity guesses are people I've never heard of!  

I'm almost there with you, but I'll probably continue to watch in the hopes of seeing some that I have long hoped for to do this show (Brian Littrell, Tiffany Haddish, Bryan Adams, etc).  My disdain pretty much centers on Ken Jeong.  He is WAY BEYOND his expiration date on this show.  Everything about him irritates me.  His bad guesses, his stupid comments, his stupid clothes, his ridiculously stupid and bad dancing, the list goes on and on.  I also agree about Nick wearing the jackets with no shirt... retire this look please.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, dmmetler said:

I think they should have done three groups with one finalist from each group. It feels like "good" got an advantage just due to the name. 

Or do "good" as one group, "bad" as another, and "cuddly" as a third. The way they put them together this season made those labels completely meaningless.

• Love 6

I'm assuming the Prince got in because the show must not have wanted an all-female final, not sure why.

My final three would have been Miss Teddy (Cuddly), Queen Cobras (Bad) and Ringmaster (Good).  That would have given them the Good Bad and Cuddly final three that they probably wanted.  Miss Teddy and Queen Cobras were both better than Firefly and the Prince.

• Love 4
(edited)
54 minutes ago, NeenerNeener said:

Also because he may be in the cast of a Fox comedy.

That's my theory as well.

2 hours ago, blackwing said:

Miss Teddy and Queen Cobras were both better than Firefly and the Prince.

Agree.  Firefly is definitely the weakest of the final three.  I'm wondering how they decided which groups got paired together?

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, blackwing said:

Queen Cobras were totally robbed.  I think they should have won the whole thing.  Although I do find it hard to think of them as En Vogue.  Just doesn't seem the same without Dawn Robinson and Maxine Jones.  I do realise that two of the three are originals, but it must feel weird for the third one (the one in the Cindy Birdsong / Michelle Morris role) to constantly hear about the huge hits that she wasn't a part of when they were originally recorded.

I suspected it was En Vogue in the last episode when Rhona and Terry sang "I Say A Little Prayer".   Rhona's been part of the group long enough that I can distinguish her voice and then when Terry sang of course there was no denying it.    I agree they were robbed.   I also agree that it's not the same w/o Max and Dawn.   I wish they all would put aside their differences since noone's getting any younger.   But that's not likely gonna happen.   Despite that I like to think also that the 6 cobras was their way of acknowledging Max, Dawn, and Amanda.

• Love 5
On 5/5/2022 at 7:56 AM, Bookworm13 said:

What did Nick mean when he said the finale was a few weeks away? Are we getting rid of one of the three next week to only have a finale of 2? 

Next week is a "Road to the Finals" show and then the finale is on May 18th.

• Love 2

A few points about the show overall....

.  Ken's immature behavior was the last straw for me.  As it is I have never been a fan of his, so seeing him be replaced would be great!

.  Yeah, En Vogue killed it out there and should've gone through.  They sounded great every time they sang!

.  "Who is that?"  My wife and I have fun criticizing the judges whenever they say ask this question.  We bet on who and how many times it will be asked!  🤣

.  I'll probably keep watching but The Masked Singer is one of those shows that if it got canceled, I would have a "meh" reaction. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, rr2911 said:

"Who is that?"  My wife and I have fun criticizing the judges whenever they say ask this question.  We bet on who and how many times it will be asked!  🤣

Jenny always shrieks it at least once an episode and makes the same hand gestures. If her clothes weren't different from one episode to the next they could just play a clip of her from the first season.

• LOL 5
On 5/6/2022 at 7:05 PM, rr2911 said:

.  "Who is that?"  My wife and I have fun criticizing the judges whenever they say ask this question.  We bet on who and how many times it will be asked!  🤣

If you turned it into a drinking game, you might be hurting for a while

• LOL 4