Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E20: Lost One

• Start Topic

Airing May 5, 2022; a crossover episode with SVU:

When a 9-year-old girl is kidnapped in connection with the Brotherhood, Stabler and the task force must work together with Benson and the SVU to track down the culprits before it's too late.

• Useful 1
On 4/30/2022 at 4:21 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Stabler and the task force must work together with Benson and the SVU to track down the culprits before it's too late.

Definitely NOT looking forward to this one.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

BARFF!

Does Dick Wolf read this board and do this to torture us?

I was right about scumbag Donnelly. What a piece of work. 

Edited by preeya
  • Love 4

Don't you loan Detective Stabler to SVU for this mission instead of having a couple from SVU essentially working for an out in the open undercover unit?

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Raja said:

Don't you loan Detective Stabler to SVU for this mission instead of having a couple from SVU essentially working for an out in the open undercover unit?

Not where "I'm the greatest cop in NYPD history" St. Olivia is involved.

I wish they would cease these idiotic & forced crossovers, just to get her mug on camera ad infinitum. What a barf-fest.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, preeya said:

I wish they would cease these idiotic & forced crossovers, just to get her mug on camera ad infinitum. What a barf-fest.

The Captain does has to deal with the I am more than just a Sergeant Bell. From everything they had showed about the 37 how does not everybody jump to look for a missing daughter? The father didn't rat on anybody, he got caught doing an outside crime.

This crossover didn't bug me as much as the previous ones. Maybe because, for the most part, Benson and Stabler worked the case. No one asked anyone out, no one was angry because he didn't call for all those years, no Stabler family drama. So yeah, by my low standards this was actually an okay crossover.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Why would you name your baby after a partner that you don’t trust?

It’s so easy for Elliot to put a tracker on Donnelly’s car. Does he regularly check his own car for any tracker? Donnelly could be tracking him from the start.

I wonder how Elliot going to put the spotlight back on Donnelly re the robbery and to redirect Preston Webb to the guilty party. Will he be using his charm (again) on Cassandra Webb?

Jet being able to recognize a pair of limited-edition trainers from low-resolution footages, wow that’s amazing! 🙄

The “Jalachi” crisis and awkwardness are not needed in OC, a waste of screen time.

Surprisingly, Saint Olivia is quite tolerable in this episode. She still has that lingering look on her face every time she’s alone with Elliot though.

• Love 5

Donnelly is trying to set up a guy he named his kid after? What a dirtbag. A likable dirtbag, but one none the less. As far as crossovers go, this one wasn't bad. The case itself was pretty decent, I always enjoy a decent kidnapping case, but it felt a bit unfinished. I was confused by who exactly these people were and if they were just kidnapping this girl because she was convenient or if it was tied at all into the Brotherhood? Or the gambling debts? I wanted to hear more from the kidnappers, I was expecting one more twist, that someone else was pulling the strings, or at least see her get reunited with her mom. I guess we needed that last Olivia/Elliot tease instead. 

That being said, the crossover itself was fine, I don't know if the case felt big enough to really justify a crossover, but it was pretty good. Olivia was fine and the ship teasing was minimal, mostly focused on the case or Elliot's undercover work, and neither show felt too obtrusive in crossing over. I didn't have to watch SVU to know how OC ends or vice versa, both episodes were mostly self contained, which I was happy about. I hate when two shows crossover and they require you to watch both shows to finish the story, especially if they do it too often. One big crossover per season is fine with me, but more than that is pushing it. Not a great crossover, but not bad.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

That being said, the crossover itself was fine, I don't know if the case felt big enough to really justify a crossover, but it was pretty good

Meanwhile, the season's theme of OC takes a backseat to St. Olivia's case with a only few references here and there.

OC is not a COTW show like SUV so it was a huge interruption to accommodate her Majesty. 

• Love 4

Incidentally, if the father's name is, say, Frank James Donnelly, and the kid is Frank Elliot Donnelly, he's not actually a "junior" (mom said his name was Frank Elliot (Donnelly), Jr.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, illdoc said:

Incidentally, if the father's name is, say, Frank James Donnelly, and the kid is Frank Elliot Donnelly, he's not actually a "junior" (mom said his name was Frank Elliot (Donnelly), Jr.)

Yup, I already know that. My father and oldest brother have the same first and last names, but the middle names are different. (My brother has gone by the middle name since birth. So much so, when he showed some certificate to family on social media, they asked him why it had our father's name on it. LOL! So some had forgotten or weren't even aware.)

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, illdoc said:

Yeah, I caught that. I guess anyone that would marry and fawn all over a guy like Donnelly isn't the brightest bulb in the package.

Edited by preeya
  • LOL 8
(edited)
On 5/4/2022 at 5:26 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

The look of love??? 🤔😬😵

She really only has two looks, constipated and smirking, so it's hard to tell...

On 5/6/2022 at 1:08 AM, preeya said:

BARFF!

Does Dick Wolf read this board and do this to torture us?

Dick Wolf doesn't read the scripts much less this board. If he read anything that had anything to do with the creative decisions involved in this crossover it was the audience research and ratings data regarding crossovers and Marisa's contract.

On 5/6/2022 at 10:32 AM, preeya said:

Benson isn't the greatest cop in NYPD history no matter what she might think. Stabler is. He went into a potential hostage/barricaded suspect situation with Oliva Benson and came out alive with no tactical disasters. HE deserves the Combat Cross, no matter what he or his dad did in the past!

On 5/6/2022 at 10:48 AM, Raja said:

The Captain does has to deal with the I am more than just a Sergeant Bell. From everything they had showed about the 37 how does not everybody jump to look for a missing daughter? The father didn't rat on anybody, he got caught doing an outside crime.

Yeah that kinda bugged me. That would be an all hands on deck situation, even if she wasn't the daughter of a cop. The whole franchise seems to have forgotten how to cover plot holes with offhanded exposition. I mean all it would take is a line or two about how the whole 37 is canvassing and there is a task force while OC and SVU are working this particular angle that they need to keep quiet. And maybe a scene with The Brotherhood shaking down someone and not getting anywhere.

On 5/6/2022 at 12:18 PM, TooMuchRealityTV said:

This crossover didn't bug me as much as the previous ones. Maybe because, for the most part, Benson and Stabler worked the case. No one asked anyone out, no one was angry because he didn't call for all those years, no Stabler family drama. So yeah, by my low standards this was actually an okay crossover.

No this was actually competently done and professionally excecuted. Other than the SVU intro including some unnecessary stuff with Benson's family and Stabler just happening to run into her it never felt clumsy or forced like so many of the previous crossovers.

Edited by wknt3
fix typos
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Tachi Rocinante said:

Purely to continue the ruse for the wife, I guess.  He's that devious.

Or, it was the wife's suggestion and Donnelly couldn't figure out a good way to say no to her, without telling her he didn't trust Elliot.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 5/6/2022 at 3:23 PM, SnazzyDaisy said:

Jet being able to recognize a pair of limited-edition trainers from low-resolution footages, wow that’s amazing! 🙄

But was it just as unbelievable that Elliott was able to pry two bullets out of a tree (in the same spot)  after forty years???

Actually, No.     It is quite possible.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 5/6/2022 at 8:55 PM, preeya said:

Yeah, I caught that. I guess anyone that would marry and fawn all over a guy like Donnelly isn't the brightest bulb in the package.

The Now Mrs. Donnelly was Frank's girlfriend while he was married to the first Mrs. and she knew it!  She got him to divorce his wife and marry her.  Not only not brightest bulb but that bulb is covered in soot from the get-go.

Oh, and I too wondered why she called the new baby Junior when Elliot is obviously not Frank's middle name.

Now that they've paired up Jet and Malachi (Jalachi), why is he acting all weird?  Why was he hiding out when Jet knocked on his door and wouldn't answer while she was talking through the glass?  Why is Jet buying him those limited edition shoes?  I don't want to see Jet get hurt.

It's going to be epic when Donnelly discovers he's been dealing with a UC situation with Elliott.

• Love 2

I felt rather uncomfortable watching this episode. Understood that they were looking for a kidnapped victim and time was at the essence, but how many illegal or unlawful acts did the police do this time? All they did, there was not a single warrant produced.

• Love 1