Type keyword(s) to search

X-Files Episode Elimination Game

Season 6:

Biogenesis (don't remember all that well)

Drive  (eh)

The Unnatural (still don't have the heart to rate this first... illogical, I know, given that I listed it last round.  stupid cute beginning and end)

Season 7:

En Ami

The Sixth Extinction

Sein und Zeit

Season 6:

Biogenesis

Dreamland  (I decided it's time to vote for one of them, but definitely not both)

Three of a Kind

Season 7:

Hollywood AD

The Sixth Extinction

Sein und Zeit

Edited by smrou

Rain King

Biogenesis

Three of a Kind (Stoned Scully!)

Man, season 6 is crazy hard to do.  How will I ever pick from what's left in the next round?  Ack.

all things (love Gillian, but this was not an X-Files episode.  Neither was Unnatural, but that's at least an entertaining hour of television.)

Sein Un Zeit

Sixth Extinction

I liked the stardust scene in Closure...it was very nicely done, with the Moby song and everything. But that was a bullshit ending to the Samatha arc. 

Season 6: Be gone, mytharc! Biogenesis received an almost unanimous 7 vote. Three of a kind 5 votes and The Unnatural 4. Only six episodes were voted on. Drive and Rain King got 3 each.

Season 7: Mytharc annihilation! The Sixth Extinction is gone with 6 votes, Sein und Zeit 4 and The Sixth Extinction II: Amor Fati lost a 3 vote head to head with Rush. Nine episodes were voted on. En Ami, all things and Hollywood A.D. got 2 each.

Season 6:

Drive

Triangle

Dreamland

Dreamland II

How The Ghosts Stole Christmas

The Rain King

Tithonus

Monday

Arcadia

Field Trip

Season 7:

Millennium

Rush

The Goldberg Variation

X-Cops

Theef

En Ami

all things

Hollywood A.D.

Je Souhaite

Requiem

Again, vote for three episodes from each season in the order you least like them.

Season 6:

Drive 

Monday

Tithonus

Season 7:

En Ami

All Things

Millennium 

ETA:  It's really to the point where I don't want to eliminate anything, in both seasons.  It hurts.  (except En Ami)

Edited by queequeg

I'm still chugging along with episodes I don't care about  ... playing this game, I'm surprised I watched the show as long as I did.  Must have been residual affection for how much I once worshipped at its altar.

S6:

Drive

Triangle

Arcadia

S7:

En Ami

Hollywood AD

Theef (I don't think I've ever seen this one, so this is not the most fair vote, but whatever)

There are still plenty of episodes I'm happy to eliminate from season 7.  I find Theef uninteresting.  Hollywood AD bugs the crap out of me.  En Ami's got good parts, but mostly bores me.  Ditto all things (which I haven't had to vote for yet).  I'm surprised by all the Rush votes (not so much now but in the last round when the mytharc stuff was still there) because that one I genuinely like, but I guess I can see how people would find it uninteresting.  It's a little teen drama-y for this show.  I'm probably more of a teen drama fan than most philes.  

It's great that you keep going, Bastet! Come season 8 and 9 who knows what the hell we're all gonna vote for.

I didn't even watch season 9 so I don't know how I could possibly participate, and for season 8 I only remember a small handful of episodes and I don't think I've rewatched any (parts of some, sure, but not whole episodes).  I usually pretend those seasons don't exist.

The votes for Tithonus hurts my eyes.

I had a tough time choosing between that one and Arcadia.  It really was a toss-up.   Tithonus is probably the better episode, but Arcadia just just so quotable.  

Edited by smrou

With many episodes from season 7, like Rush, I feel wildly different each time I watch them. Sometimes I perk up and enjoy them a great deal, sometimes I'm just bored. One time Fight Club just spoke to me and I had a lot of fun with it, another time it went back to being dreadful. I've no idea why.

We could rush through seasons 8 and 9 quicker or if most dont care we could skip them. There are a few episodes I like a lot (a few few) but many I don't remember or care enough about to vote for. None of them would rank high on an all stars list. But it could be fun for completion and to see what people like/dislike, but if we're only like three people interested then we could skip them.

Edited by joelene

There isn't a single episode from those seasons I've seen in its entirety - except possibly the series finale, I think I did muddle through that - so I'll be sitting those out and coming back for the best-of-the-best round.

I looked through the episode lists and (voting spoilers) apart from Roadrunners (great ep), Improbable (such fun) and my perverse liking for rewatching Badlaa (the biggest wtf in the entire X-Files?) my voting would be pretty arbitrary. I don't even remember the finale.

I remember a bunch of other (from season 8, at least) but they're kind of like watching an episode of Criminal Minds.

Edited by joelene

I'm all for voting for season 8 and 9.  I'm one of those finish what you start people, no matter how painful.   I'd be down for an accelerated vote on those two seasons.

On the topic of episodes you don't love, and then rewatch and see something different, this was Theef for me.  I didn't care of it at all the first time I saw it.  Loved it the 2nd time, but then I was pretty enamored with the whole Scully always keeping Mulder guessing thing, which I totally hadn't caught on first viewing.

Season 6:

Rain King

Drive

Arcadia

Season 7:

Rush

The Goldberg Variation

Theef

I have to say that, like smrou, I have never rewatched season 8, so I would be hard pressed to judge it. I'd have to go from memory and it's been, what, 14 years? Yish! Unfortunately, those were not unforgettable episodes. And I can't participate at all for season 9, as I've only watched the first few episodes and the finale. Season 7 is when my interest actually started to wane, but I held on for season 8 because of loyalty and the hope that it would get better. It didn't. Mulder being gone and the supernatural baby were just too much for me. And everything was just so drab all the time. No fun anymore. I threw in the towel, which is a shame cause I love this series so much.

Edited by mauve

The votes for Tithonus hurts my eyes.

Preach it.  Tithonus and Monday seriously rank up there among my favorites of the entire series, not just S6.  And this group understands what I mean when I say, that's saying a lot.

Edited by Taryn74
  • Love 1

Rain King

Arcadia

Dreamland (I had to pick one)

all things

En Ami

Theef

Preach it.  Tithonus and Monday seriously rank up there among my favorites of the entire series, not just S6.  And this group understands what I mean when I say, that's saying a lot.

Me too, Taryn.  Especially Monday.  And Field Trip. I love that episode.   More than I probably should.

• Love 1

Drive and The Rain King get an equal 5 votes and are owt. The third out was tight. Three episodes received 3 votes. Dreamland lost the battle. Tithonus and Arcadia can breathe out. For now. Triangle got 2 votes.

The season 7 votes are similar. En Ami got 7 votes and Theef 5. Three episodes got 3 votes here as well. Rush lost against all things and Hollywood AD. Millennium received 2 votes.

Season 6:

Triangle

Dreamland II

Tithonus

Monday

Arcadia

Field Trip

Season 7:

Millennium

The Goldberg Variation

X-Cops

all things

Hollywood A.D.

Je Souhaite

Requiem

Vote for two episodes from each season in the order you least like them.

My votes

Season 6:

How the Ghosts Stole Christmas

Triangle

Season 7:

Millennium

all things

Edited by joelene

Each round I'm surprised I'm not voting for Hollywood AD. It's hardly a favourite, but there's like 10 season 7 episodes that ranks about the same for me and somehow there's always another episode that I, for the moment, feel less about every round.

I had no idea HTGSC was so beloved.

Arcadia has one of my favourite dialogue exchanges in the series:

Gordy: So, how was your first night? Peaceful?

Mulder: It was wonderful. We just spooned up and fell asleep like little baby cats. Isn't that right, honey bunch?

Scully: That's right, poopyhead.

Edited by joelene
Each round I'm surprised I'm not voting for Hollywood AD.

Each round I'm surprised that everyone isn't voting for Hollywood AD, which I think is really a very terrible episode.  Though to be fair I haven't watched it in a very long time (possibly actually since it first aired) because it bugged me so much the first time around.

Edited by smrou

Today we are saying goodbye to Triangle and Arcadia. And it's pretty sad. Both got 4 votes and right behind them are Tithonus and Field Trip with 3. It's just enough to make ya weep, isn't it?

all things get 6 votes and Hollywood A.D. is out in a really tight race with Millennium. They both got 4 but one must lose.

The Goldberg Variation and Requiem got 1 each.

Season 6:

Dreamland II

Tithonus

Monday

Field Trip

Season 7:

Millennium

The Goldberg Variation

X-Cops

Je Souhaite

Requiem

Vote for two episodes from each season in the order you least like them.

Edited by joelene
Each round I'm surprised that everyone isn't voting for Hollywood AD, which I think is really a very terrible episode.

That's how I was feeling about Arcadia; I think it's a parade of stereotypes that doesn't reach the level of parody and is thus just ridiculous.  (I don't much care for Hollywood AD, either, mind you.)

S6:

Dreamland II

Tithonus (ouch, but you're number four on my list, so it's time)

S7:

Millennium

X-Cops (I've held off voting for this one because I've never rewatched it and others seem to love it, so perhaps it's not as utterly stupid as I recall it being, but I'm through with the benefit of the doubt)

Dreamland II

Tithonus

Wow, that was actually painful.  I'm surprised HTGSC has hung on this long too.  I think it might be (or at least it is in my case) due to the rewatchability of it.  No Christmas seasoni is complete for me without a viewing of that episode.  So I can't vote for it. 

Millennium

X-Cops

I remember X-Cops as being really stupid, but I recently rewatched and enjoyed it.  So who knows.  Maybe I just watched it at the right time.  Steve and Edie were a hoot.