Type keyword(s) to search

X-Files Episode Elimination Game

No, no! You didn't miss anything! Nothing's been in order before now, certainly not from me, I just thought of it now that it might be easier to see which episode will be out when there is an even number of votes. It might also make the top 5 clearer. I edited my post above :)

Edited by joelene
  • Love 1

I'm sad F. Emasculata and 2Shy are out already.  I liked both of those more than the ones I'm choosing now. 

Season 2:

Firewalker - what was the deal with the killer asparagus fungus? That was just silly.

Excelsis Dei

Soft Light

Season 3:

The List

Oubliette

Revelations

I'm clutching my chest over here that you voted to boot that.   There may have been a girly scream too...

I'm clutching my pearls and all. Oh, but whyyyy, Taryn! ;P

I'm sad F. Emasculata and 2Shy are out already.  I liked both of those more than the ones I'm choosing now. 

Season 2:

Firewalker - what was the deal with the killer asparagus fungus? That was just silly.

I'm silly sad about 2Shy. Love that one! I like F. Emasculata too, even tho I voted for it, it's already getting crazy hard with these seasons.

LOL, "asparagus fungus". I have a soft spot for all the trapped-in-the-middle-of-nowhere episodes, plus Shawnee Smith, so I've always liked Firewalker.

Season 2:

Excelsis Dei

Soft Light

Little Green Men (I was gonne rewatch this one 'cuz I haven't seen it in forever and don't remember that much but I got caught up in a Scott & Bailey marathon...)

Season 3:

The List

D.P.O.

Edited by joelene
  • Love 1

I have a soft spot for all the trapped-in-the-middle-of-nowhere episodes...

This is so me.  I'm not sure why I like them, but I also adore movies like Jurassic Park and Congo... so apparently if you stick people in a remote location where things might kill them, I'm fully entertained.

• Love 1

This round was much clearer. Only six episodes got more than 1 vote!

Light's out for FirewalkerExcelsis Dei and Soft Light from season 2 and The ListOubliette and D.P.O. are abducted from season 3.

Season 2:
Little Green Men
The Host
Duane Barry
Ascension
One Breath
Irresistible
Die Hand Die Verletzt
Colony
End Game
Død Kalm
Humbug
Our Town
Anasazi

Season 3:
The Blessing Way
Paper Clip
Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose
Nisei
Revelations
War of the Coprophages
Syzygy
Piper Maru
Apocrypha
Pusher
Jose Chung's 'From Outer Space'
Quagmire
Wetwired
Talitha Cumi

Vote for two season 2 episodes and three season 3 episodes in the order you want them eliminated!

Edited by joelene

S2:

Humbug

Our Town

S3:

WotC

Jose Chung's

Quagmire

Your choices hurt so much! All of them! What's your beef with Darin Morgan, Taryn? ;-)

Season 2:

Little Green Men

Død Kalm

Season 3

Nisei

Talitha Cumi

Just got to thinking that one ought to do a mytharc only elimination game later on... Or perhaps just collect data from all of the rounds. So much data!

Edited by joelene

I like how much opinions differ. Very small gap between the losers and the ones hanging on.

Død Kalm and Humbug (gasp!)

and Nisei, Revelations and Talitha Cumi are banished to episode purgatory.

Season 2:

Little Green Men

The Host

Duane Barry

Ascension

One Breath

Irresistible

Die Hand Die Verletzt

Colony

End Game

Our Town

Anasazi

Season 3:

The Blessing Way

Paper Clip

War of the Coprophages

Syzygy

Piper Maru

Apocrypha

Pusher

Quagmire

Wetwired

Again, vote for two season 2 episodes and three season 3 episodes.

Edited by joelene

Time to clear some mytharc. Colony and Little Green Men and The Blessing Way, Piper Maru and Apocrypha are the latest casualties.

Season 2:

The Host

Duane Barry

Ascension

One Breath

Irresistible

Die Hand Die Verletzt

End Game

Our Town

Anasazi

Season 3:

Paper Clip

War of the Coprophages

Syzygy

Pusher

Quagmire

Wetwired

Two each this time! Vote in the order you want them gone.

Edited by joelene

S2:

End Game

Ascension

S3:

Oh my god, I am sitting here with absolutely no idea which one of the remaining episodes could possibly be the first to go.  Based solely on "the one I rewatch least," I'll bite the bullet and say ...

Paper Clip

I go away for the weekend and Humbug ends up getting eliminated?  WHAT?!  That is some craziness right there.  But I guess life goes on.

Season 2:

Our Town

End Game

Season 3:

Quagmire

I know it's extra work, but joelene, if you feel like doing it ... when you announce which episodes were eliminated, I'd love to see a partial voting breakdown from that round.

For example, I went back and looked at the round that knocked out Humbug, because I was stunned so many people would vote for it.  But, really, only three people did - Dod Kalm got four votes, Humbug three, Colony and Little Green Men two each and then a few episodes got one vote each.  With so few people voting, I find the breakdown interesting.

So, since you're tallying anyway, maybe you could note how many votes each eliminated episode got (and any close runners-up)?  

In case I'm not the only one interested, here's how the last round broke down:

Colony went out with four votes and Little Green Men with two (although it looks like End Game also got two, so I may have miscounted). 

The Blessing Way and Apocrypha each had four votes take them out, while Piper Maru went out on three votes.  731 was a runner up with two votes.

• Love 1

I can do that! I find it interesting as well. The votes for both season 2 and 3 have been much more all over the place than they were in season 1 where more people agreed on their lesser favorites. Hence the low votes and yet such a popular episode was out early.

As I asked you to vote in the order you wanted the episodes eliminated a few rounds a go (I probably should've reminded you about that each new round, oops), with Little Green Men and End Game, because you're right they got two votes each, LGM was out because it was top choice for both voters whilst End Game was second for both (I made a point system in my head - first vote 2p, second 1p, so LGM 4p and EG 2p).

Season 2:

Ascension

End Game

Season 3:

Paper Clip

Edited by joelene

Another deadlock! Not even the weighting system could stop Ascension and Our Town from standing on equal footing. And everyone voted for either one or the other except for AntiBeeSpray so you, AntiBee, or someone else who hasn't voted need to cast the deciding vote, I think. You have a couple of hours or it's a free-for-all. Or they'll both go. Or none of them.

That sorted itself out after all. End Game (5 votes) and Our Town (4 votes) are out with Ascension (3 votes) just behind.

As are 731 (6 votes) and Paper Clip (3 votes) with Quagmire and Wetwired hanging on with 2 votes each.

Season 2:

The Host

Duane Barry

Ascension

One Breath

Irresistible

Die Hand Die Verletzt

Anasazi

Season 3:

War of the Coprophages

Syzygy

Pusher

Quagmire

Wetwired

Again, two votes each in the order you most want them eliminated.

Interestingly(?), four mytharc still standing in season 2 but none in season 3.

Edited by joelene

I'm now finding it physically painful to choose for season three.

Same. I keep changing my mind. I know I will two minutes after I post this. With season 2 I'm mostly scared that my favourite won't reach top 5 and a potential all-stars round!

Season 2:

Ascension

Diane Barry (Lol, autocorrect there...)

Season 3:

Quagmire

War of the Coprophages

Edited by joelene
I'm now finding it physically painful to choose for season three.

I'm experiencing this as well.  It was a bit of a gut punch when I saw the first person vote for "Wetwired", but then I looked at the remaining episodes and realized I didn't know how I could possibly vote in the next (now current) round. 

Season 2:

Ascension

Die Hand Die Verletzt

Season 3:

Quagmire

WotC

Straightforward elimination for season 2 with Duane Barry (5 votes) and Ascension (4 votes). Clinging on behind was Die Hand Die Verletzt with 3 votes.

With season 3, War of the Coprophages was first out with 5 votes. 4 votes went to Quagmire, which was top choice for all (= out) and Syzygy which got two first and two second choice votes thus scraping by. Wetwired was runner up with 3 votes.

Season 2:

The Host

One Breath

Irresistible

Die Hand Die Verletzt

Anasazi

Season 3:

Syzygy

Pusher

Wetwired

Two votes each for the penultimate round in the order you most want them gone!

Edited by joelene

Season 2:

Die Hand Die Verletzt

The Host

Season 3:

Wetwired

Syzygy

Oh man, it just hurt me SO MUCH to vote for those two season 3 episodes for elimination.  I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!  I kept looking at the list going, "No way can I vote against that.  Oh but no WAY can I vote against that.  Oh, but I love that one way too much."  How is this silly game so painful?

• Love 2

Season two is difficult, but three is impossible!  This is how my thought process went, too:

Oh man, it just hurt me SO MUCH to vote for those two season 3 episodes for elimination.  I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!  I kept looking at the list going, "No way can I vote against that.  Oh but no WAY can I vote against that.  Oh, but I love that one way too much."

S2:

The Host

One Breath

S3:

Syzygy

Wetwired

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 1