Type keyword(s) to search

X-Files Episode Elimination Game

The Truth

The End

X-Cops

Alone

Deadalive

Had I seen Alone or Deadalive, they'd probably be ahead of the others, but I figure it's bad enough I'm voting against something I've never actually seen, I'll at least compensate in the weighted system by first listing those I know for sure I don't like.

Had I seen Alone or Deadalive, they'd probably be ahead of the others,

Alone is actually not a bad ep, not at all.  I would enjoy it even without the Leyla Harrison tribute, but that in itself puts it up higher on the list for me.  It's almost enough to make me forgive CC for everything.

Almost.

ETA - I forgot to vote LOL.

DHDV

Jose Chung's

Per Manum

DeadAlive

The Truth (sadly, but something's gotta go)

Edited by Taryn74
  • Love 1

Oh, that's the one with Agent Harrison?  Then I did see that one, because I had been friends with Leyla.  I kind of thought she'd roll in her grave at how awful the show had become, but it certainly is nice that they named a character in her honor.

• Love 2

Oh, that's the one with Agent Harrison? Then I did see that one, because I had been friends with Leyla. I kind of thought she'd roll in her grave at how awful the show had become, but it certainly is nice that they named a character in her honor.

That is nice, and Alone is one of the better season 8-9 episodes. And at least it was an episode with Mulder in it! Hopefully she'd like it.

After this round things are bound to get interesting. In order of points, Per Manum and The Truth is out with 5 votes. Alone and Existence got 4 votes and equal points with Deadalive fairing slightly better, but still getting 4 votes.

Millennium is behind with 3 votes and X-Cops with 2.

Now, with all obvious losers out of the way:

Squeeze

Ice

Eve

Beyond The Sea

Darkness Falls

The Host

One Breath

Irresistible

Die Hand Die Verletzt

Anazasi

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose

Syzygy

Pusher

José Chung's 'From Outer Space'

Wetwired

Home

Unruhe

Paper Hearts

Leonard Betts

Memento Mori

Small Potatoes

Redux II

Detour

Bad Blood

The End

Dreamland II

How The Ghosts Stole Christmas

Tithonus

Monday

Field Trip

Millennium

The Goldberg Variation

X-Cops

Je Souhaite

Requiem

Vote for five episodes in order you want them gone.

After this round things are bound to get interesting. In order of points, Per Manum and The Truth is out with 5 votes. Alone and Existence got 4 votes and equal points with Deadalive fairing slightly better, but still getting 4 votes.

Millennium is behind with 3 votes and X-Cops with 2.

Now, with all obvious losers out of the way:

Squeeze

Ice

Eve

Beyond The Sea

Darkness Falls

The Host

One Breath

Irresistible

Die Hand Die Verletzt

Anazasi

Syzygy

Pusher

Wetwired

Home

Unruhe

Paper Hearts

Leonard Betts

Memento Mori

Small Potatoes

Redux II

Detour

Bad Blood

The End

Dreamland II

Tithonus

Monday

Field Trip

Millennium

The Goldberg Variation

X-Cops

Je Souhaite

Requiem

Vote for five episodes in order you want them gone.

Boo :P! Not everyone hated The Truth!

Five votes:

Irresistible

Die Hand Die Verletzt

Requiem

Monday

Leonard Betts

The first four are easy for me, but starting with ol' Flukey I'm having to vote off episodes I like:

X-Cops

The End

Millennium

Requiem

The Host

(I don't dislike Millennium or Requiem, but I can't go so far as to say I like them - they have moments, but as episodes they're just sort of there.  The End I barely remember and what I do recall is definitely not top five material.  And y'all know how I feel about X-Cops.)

Edited by Bastet

Boo :P! Not everyone hated The Truth!

Lol, sorry, didn't mean to be presumptuous! ;)

Millennium

Requiem

The End

The Goldberg Variation

Felt I had to edit and switch Redux for Goldberg, missed that one in my episode scan.

Edited by joelene
I don't dislike Millennium or Requiem, but I can't go so far as to say I like them - they have moments, but as episodes they're just sort of there.  The End I barely remember and what I do recall is definitely not top five material.

I really quite like Millennium.  Not just the sweet kiss at the end, but the whole thing.  I'm not even sure why, since when I think about the plot it seems quite dull.  I think mostly I really enjoyed Holmes Osborne, who played the necromancer.  But it's still close to bottom of the heap when compared to the other excellent episodes on the list.

The End suffers from excessive Fowley, in my opinion.

Edited by smrou
  • Love 1

I really quite like Millennium.  Not just the sweet kiss at the end, but the whole thing.  I'm not even sure why, since when I think about the plot it seems quite dull.  I think mostly I really enjoyed Holmes Osborne, who played the necromancer.  But it's still close to bottom of the heap when compared to the other excellent episodes on the list.

The End suffers from excessive Fowley, in my opinion.

I second about Millennium. I like the kiss, but the plot is rather dull (and I think is just a way to have tried to get people to watch Millennium).

Three episodes got 5 votes. Of those The End was weakest and Millennium and Requiem equal. Two received 3 votes which were, in booting order, X-Cops (whyyyyyy) and The Host.

Die Hand Die Verletzt, The Goldberg Variation, Monday and Leonard Betts got 2 votes.

Squeeze

Ice

Eve

Beyond The Sea

Darkness Falls

One Breath

Irresistible

Die Hand Die Verletzt

Anazasi

Syzygy

Pusher

Wetwired

Home

Unruhe

Paper Hearts

Leonard Betts

Memento Mori

Small Potatoes

Redux II

Detour

Bad Blood

Dreamland II

Tithonus

Monday

Field Trip

The Goldberg Variation

Je Souhaite

Vote for four episodes in order you want them gone.

Is it bad that I now check in a few times a day and tally the votes to see what might get the boot?

Heh.  In response, allow me to share a screenshot of the Notes app on my computer as it currently stands:

aIlgHi4.jpg

• Love 2

I'm so curious to see how this all-stars game ultimately winds up, because I'm not even sure how I want it to.  I have a firm number one and number two, but then it's about a five-way tie for third place, and it just gets more complicated from there.

Hah, well at least we know I will be corrected if I mess up!

I'm about the same as you, Bastet. Except I'm not even sure about my number 2. And one that might be in my top 5 will be out this round. Sad face.

First out with 4 votes is Dreamland II. Four episodes battled it out to stay another round with their 3 votes. Die Hand Die Verletzt (*sob*) fell first followed by Redux II and The Goldberg Variation which scored equal in points. Home survived and Irresistible got 2 votes.

Mrs. Paddock is not pleased.

x-files-Die-Hand-Die-Verletzt.jpg

Squeeze

Ice

Eve

Beyond The Sea

Darkness Falls

One Breath

Irresistible

Anasazi

Syzygy

Pusher

Wetwired

Home

Unruhe

Paper Hearts

Leonard Betts

Memento Mori

Small Potatoes

Detour

Bad Blood

Tithonus

Monday

Field Trip

Je Souhaite

Edited by joelene

Goodbye, Mrs. Paddock.  <sniff>  It's been nice working with you.

FYI, joelene, you have Anasazi written as Anazasi.  ("You spelled Anasazi wrong.  Twice.")

My painful four:

Home

Eve

Je Souhaite

Tithonus

• Love 1

I'm sad about The Goldberg Variation even though I voted for it.  The rest of this game is going to rip my heart out.

Unruhe

Tithonus
Irresistible
Home

Edited by smrou

I'm back after a hectic week and I see I already missed a few rounds of the final game. I'm heartbroken that Redux II already got the boot; it would have been in my top 5. But other than that, I'm good with the ones that got voted off.

So here it goes:

Syzygy

Field Trip

Je Souhaite

Tithonus

Wow, that got hard really fast! And I think it's quite revealing that the only mythology left is Anasazi.

Good to see you back, mauve!

It's a purge of some of the creepiest episodes! Home is gone with 4 votes. Easy peasy. Five episodes got 3 votes. Difficult schmifficult.

Of them Irresistible is out first (10 points), Unruhe second (7p) and Monday (6p) last. Tithonus and Je Souhaite just makes it with 5p each.

Eve, Syzygy, Jose Chung's and Wetwired got 2 votes each.

Squeeze

Ice

Eve

Beyond The Sea

Darkness Falls

One Breath

Anazasi

Syzygy

Pusher

Wetwired

Paper Hearts

Leonard Betts

Memento Mori

Small Potatoes

Detour

Bad Blood

Tithonus

Field Trip

Je Souhaite

Edited by joelene