Type keyword(s) to search

S19: Keoikantse "Keo" Motsepe

• Start Topic

I'm excited about him. I think he'll be pleasant to watch on the dance floor. ;)  I hope they don't stick him with a dud. And I hope the show lets him show off his Latin skills instead of just throwing stupid contemporary and bollywood and whatever other dances they come up with at him.

• Love 1

Since he was announced as a new pro I've been searching for videos to see how he dances. According to Youtube this is him and his partner. Forgive me, I don't know how to make the video show up here. I hope he gets featured in a few pro dances so we can see him really dance. I think he's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

For as long as I can remember, fans have complained about the lack of pros of color on the show.  For once it seems like the show runners listened.  Keo seems like he'll be a good fit for the show.  I'm really looking forward to seeing him.

For as long as I can remember, fans have complained about the lack of pros of color on the show.  For once it seems like the show runners listened.  Keo seems like he'll be a good fit for the show.  I'm really looking forward to seeing him.

What do you mean, "lack of pros of color"?  Cheryl is Asian, and we've had a Latino pro in the past (remember Fabian Sanchez?).

I should have specifically said "black" pros.  I forget sometimes that the phrase "of color" refers to all non-white.  A recurring complaint on some of the forums is that there are no black pros on the show, even though there are many black ballroom dancers.  If there has ever been one, I can't recall who it was.  This should make people happy, as he is also impeccably credentialed to be a pro on this show.

Edited by LadyMustang65

As long as he's good at teaching, choreography, and following the rules, that's all I care about.  Hopefully he'll be better than his South African compatriot was on the German DWTS a few years ago -- she was horrible as a choreographer and even more useless when the producers inexplicably made her a judge on the panel a couple of years later!

I was really looking forward to seeing more of Keo, but considering that I cringed every time Lolo was on the screen I am sort of relieved that their partnership is over. I wonder why TPTB chose to pair a first-time pro with a celeb who is known for being exceedingly difficult? I feel like one of the seasoned pros could have been more forceful and handled her attitude (can you imagine her with Maks?!).

I really hope we see Keo in lots of pro and group numbers in throughout the rest of the season! The dance with he, Artem and Allison was incredible.

I wonder why TPTB chose to pair a first-time pro with a celeb who is known for being exceedingly difficult?

Honestly, probably height - she was the tallest female celeb and he was the tallest pro. For ballroom they really don't like matching a taller female with a shorter male, and that left them with pretty much only Tony or Keo as partners for her, no? And to be fair, on paper they seemed like a potentially hot couple (if they just stood next to each other, and didn't have to be in motion.) 

Poor Keo. I don't know which was worse for him-being stuck with the stiff, ungraceful and batshit crazy likes of LoLo Jones or being eliminated in the first week because of it. Keo deserved much better than her. Hope to see much more of him throughout the season.

It's a shame Keo didn't get a celeb that would have given him a few weeks to allow the audience to get to know him. But even if Lolo could have held on for another week or 2, I think it would have been a case of the blind leading the blind.  I don't think Lolo really had any idea what she was in for. As for Keo, unfortunately, it's not enough to be a great dancer, successful on the competition circuit, or experienced in a touring dance show. There's so many other skills required of the pros.

At this point, I think any new pro who hasn't competed on any version of DWTS should spend at least a season in the troupe or working as an assistant, rotating among the pros to learn how the show works, how to work with celebs on a personal/personality level (who come with their own issues and baggage), how to teach beginners to dance who may have 2 left feet and not know their left from their right, how to teach their stars how to connect with the audience on a live show (which many seem to have no experience with), how to handle social media, etc. etc.

I hope Keo is hanging out all day at the rehearsal studios, soaking in what all the experienced pros have to teach him, so hopefully he'll get another chance next season.