Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Pick a God and Pray

TexasGal
  • Start Topic

The cops investigate a double homicide on the farm, the police chief knew about Darlene's operation and warns Ruth not to take over, yet the cops don't search the barn right next to the house.

Ruth begs Wyatt to leave town and start over. She finally has the chance to escape with her younger cousin and the pile of cash in the hotel safe. Instead she takes over Darlene's business.

The writing is excluding common sense and ignoring character motivations.

• Love 8

I guess I was wrong. I thought Marty was letting Ruth loose to do Javi while hedging, but it looks like from here he thought she shouldn't have. I'm a little disappointed. 

I still don't think it's that bad for the Byrdes. I get that Javi was their pipeline, but he's not the 'sole' pipeline per se. The only part here that's messy is that Javier and the Byrdes went to Chicago and got got. I don't see them giving up Ruth, and Clare is too terrified to talk. Who in the cartel is going to know?

I forgot that the FBI gave Javier the ten year deal they initially gave Navarro, but Wendy is right that he's a better option that Javier anyway. I'm just not seeing big picture that the sky is falling considering Wendy's and Marty's considerable talents. 

I've been leaning to the Byrdes 'getting away with it', whatever 'it' means. I want them to one up the cartel and be a criminal enterprise in the Ozarks and Chicago politics. I'm looking at the final run of the show through this lens. I mean, I see that Marty doesn't like getting 'dirty', but they are good at what they do. I'm all in on Wendy wheeling and dealing with Navarro and the FBI.

• Love 2

Who were all those people at Wyatt's funeral? Almost all the Langfords are dead and they weren't exactly popular. I could see maybe a few of the other lake kids coming but there were well-dressed adults there too.

Also, where was Darlene keeping this giant stash of heroin that Ruth found? You mean to tell me the cops came and investigated when Darlene and Wyatt were shot through the head but somehow missed this giant heroin warehouse?

• Love 11

I thought the basis of Javi's deal with Big Pharma was that he could deliver near-perfect pharmaceutical grade heroin in unlimited quantities.  How is Darlene's paltry stash of homegrown going to fulfill it?

• Love 5
On 4/29/2022 at 7:54 PM, DoctorAtomic said:

I've been leaning to the Byrdes 'getting away with it', whatever 'it' means. I want them to one up the cartel and be a criminal enterprise in the Ozarks and Chicago politics. I'm looking at the final run of the show through this lens. I mean, I see that Marty doesn't like getting 'dirty', but they are good at what they do. I'm all in on Wendy wheeling and dealing with Navarro and the FBI.

I don't.  I want to see Wendy's head on a pike down in Mexico baking in the hot sun.  Marty can go into witness protection and work at a Subway's in Sioux Falls.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Dobian said:

I don't.  I want to see Wendy's head on a pike down in Mexico baking in the hot sun.  Marty can go into witness protection and work at a Subway's in Sioux Falls.

With Marty's luck he will find himself at a chicken restaurant in Albuquerque

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
On 4/29/2022 at 8:41 PM, cheeky said:

Ruth begs Wyatt to leave town and start over. She finally has the chance to escape with her younger cousin and the pile of cash in the hotel safe. Instead she takes over Darlene's business.

The writing is excluding common sense and ignoring character motivations.

You are suggesting that people often make the right decisions about their lives? Plus, Ruth's advice to Wyatt was for him, even if she insinuated that she would be a part of it.  Ruth wanted Wyatt to rid himself of Darlene.

• Love 1
On 5/5/2022 at 7:40 AM, Dminches said:

You are suggesting that people often make the right decisions about their lives? Plus, Ruth's advice to Wyatt was for him, even if she insinuated that she would be a part of it.  Ruth wanted Wyatt to rid himself of Darlene.

I mean, it would be nice if she didn't keep making the same wrong decisions over and over ...  just so we the audience can have a little variety.

The thing that bugs me about Ruth is she's kind of a giant hypocrite.  She initially plotted to kill and steal from Marty (and then was going to help her father steal from them, knowing the cartel would likely kill Marty if she succeeded in taking the cartel's money), but Marty got over that easily ... whereas Ruth nurses her every grudge toward the Byrdes like crazy.  She expected Frank Jr. to not avenge his father's death and his own disfigurement, just so Wyatt wouldn't be sad over his homicidal geriatric girlfriend ... but the second Wyatt dies, Ruth stomps around screaming at everyone to give her information so she can have her revenge.  She gives these speeches about the Byrdes and the serious danger and crime they bring with them ... yet she keeps doing dangerous, criminal things herself, and involves young Jonah in her own crimes. 

This might be why I kinda like Marty the most.  He's not self-righteous most of the time.  He's not in denial about what he is, or smug about how good he is at what he does (unlike Wendy).  He has a definite idea of how they all need to behave to keep the family safe, but he's never blamed anyone but himself for his getting mixed up with the cartel in the first place.  

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Wendy was so relatable when she went straight for all the alcohol in the mini bar ... then she started blaming Marty for everything and I hated her anew. I was glad he pointed out that she's the one who summoned Javi.

Ohhhhh - Seed Lady had the baby.  Well, best of luck in your future life, Baby Zeke!   

LOL, Wendy's shamelessness.  Omar says he's gonna kill her, and she lies to everyone "he's interested in my plan, everything's going great!"

Mel flirting with Maya was cute.  I'm glad he's back, and the twist of him working for Nathan now is quite interesting.  Good for Erin convincing her dad to let it go for their own safety ... and I'm glad her dad at least knows something now, so Erin isn't all alone in knowing about Helen.  

I grow weary of Omar's ever-changing moods.  

Do I believe Clare would track Ruth down and want to do business with her, after Ruth essentially kidnapped her and forced her to watch a murder?  No, no I do not.           Especially since part of the deal was Clare's company looking virtuous for funding the Byrde foundation and rehab centers.  Ugh, this show and its plot holes ...

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1