Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

When Bob, Abishola and Kemi learn that Morenike’s family disowned her because she’s gay, they do what they can to help her pay for school and stay in America.

Airdate: 04/18/2022

• Love 1

I think Bob being the one who unknowingly originally blew up Morenike’s life by talking to Chukwuemeka and then being able to help her by convincing Chukwuemeka to get her a job at CVS was great. Especially since Abisola and Kemi were having a big fight about getting credit for helping Abisola when she was younger. Bob helped Morenike but he didn't do it to get the credit (nor did he).

• Love 8

I know Morenike is blaming Bob but wasn't it Chukwuemeka who snitched to his mother after Bob told him? So i think the blame is partially Bob and Chukwuemeka's.  Having them both set it right with the CVS job is fixing the issue.

Kemi is as selfish as always.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm glad it looks like things are going to work out for Morenike.  I like how Bob got Chukwuemeka to get her that job by appealing to his "pharmacy oath".  Morenike is a cute character and I hope to see more of her, especially with Olu and Tunde. The scenes at the end where they were talking to the gay neighbor were gold.

• Love 6

Yeah, Bob spilled the original beans, but he didn't really understand the cultural nuances.  Chukwuemeka clearly did, and spilled the beans to his mother, knowing what the consequences would be.  I actually think that's worse.  Bob made a mistake, Chukwuemeka did it on purpose.  And in so doing, ruined Morenike's life. I think there's some remorse there, under the many, many, many layers of cultural conditioning constantly reinforced by his mother, but Bob had to tease it out of him. 

Other than Abishola getting drunk with Christine and having giggly girl time on her Moroccan couch.....I agree, she was very disagreeable in this episode.  She wasn't hung over the whole time, so that doesn't explain it all.  Kemi was also extra as well.  That writing was off. 

But the final scene with the "secret gay club" was perfect.  It it kind of winked at the fact that even though western culture may be more open to LGBTQ folks, it wasn't all that long ago that it wasn't, so the LGBTQ world was very underground and secret.

• Love 6
20 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Yeah, Bob spilled the original beans, but he didn't really understand the cultural nuances.  Chukwuemeka clearly did, and spilled the beans to his mother, knowing what the consequences would be.  I actually think that's worse.  Bob made a mistake, Chukwuemeka did it on purpose.  And in so doing, ruined Morenike's life. I think there's some remorse there, under the many, many, many layers of cultural conditioning constantly reinforced by his mother, but Bob had to tease it out of him. 

21 hours ago, MaryMitch said:

I like how Bob got Chukwuemeka to get her that job by appealing to his "pharmacy oath".

Bob and Chukwuemeka came up with a culturally acceptable "out" for Chukwuemeka (his oath to his respected profession), especially if his mother should ask why Morenike was working there.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, HurricaneVal said:

Yeah, Bob spilled the original beans, but he didn't really understand the cultural nuances.  Chukwuemeka clearly did, and spilled the beans to his mother, knowing what the consequences would be.  I actually think that's worse.  Bob made a mistake, Chukwuemeka did it on purpose

I definitely agree. Chukwuemeka is much more in the wrong here than Bob is. He KNEW what would happen if he said something. I can't remember if Abishola told Bob not to tell anyone or not. 

I generally like Abishola, but yes she was definitely in the wrong this episode. I wonder if she can't bear the thought of "owing" so much if she thought about how much help she received. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Olu and Tunde are the HEART of this show…..the way they are just so open hearted to everyone around them and are trying because they know what it’s like being an outsider 

I think I need to get some rainbow mugs.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I think I need to get some rainbow mugs.

Are they perfect?(we’ll hide them when church friends come) no! but they’re trying I love that’s how they are written :) mugs for everyone:) 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5
On 4/19/2022 at 8:10 AM, Kiddvideo said:

Abishola can’t admit she got any help from anyone? She still had to do the work, but no one helped her? Not a single person did her a good turn? She was incredibly unlikeable this episode.

She’s unlikeable in every episode at some point. 

• Love 1